Darkstorm Question?

Kaleid Liner
Kaleid Liner
Greenhorn
Joined Sep 2019 Posts: 12
Very sorry, I want to ask a question:
Is there any difference between Darkstorm versions (Except Health, Range, Dmg ) ?? 
  • General_Plastiras
    General_Plastiras
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2016 Posts: 117
    if you mean in darkstorm aura nope. its the same.
  • daddy_gu
    daddy_gu
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 293
    You get space for one more tech as you upgrade to elite then omega total three at omega, plus it looks good 
    hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 5,826
    not in terms of function

its mostly stats and workshop space
    Image result for free to play vs pay to win gif

"the optimist looks up and loses his footing.
      the pessimist looks down and loses the path
      the strategist looks forward and adjusts accordingly" 
  • Adel-Tech
    Adel-Tech
    WC Mod
    Joined Jan 2019 Posts: 946
    the omega version has better resistance modifiers compared to standard and elite in addition to better health and damage
    War isn't won by having the latest tech, but by using what you have in ways you haven't used them before
  • MCL
    MCL
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 846
    Adel-Tech said:
    the omega version has better resistance modifiers compared to standard and elite in addition to better health and damage
    Is it possible to still get the tech for it? I recently got it and Romero but the tech doesn't seem to be available, thanks
  • Adel-Tech
    Adel-Tech
    WC Mod

@MCL said:
    (Quote)
    Is it possible to still get the tech for it? I recently got it and Romero but the tech doesn't seem to be available, thanks

The techs for uniques will eventually be available in the gearstore and over the past releases there has been new techs for uniques available in the gearstore so its a matter of time

War isn't won by having the latest tech, but by using what you have in ways you haven't used them before
  • Jason Ensinger
    Jason Ensinger
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 4,144
    Adel-Tech said:
    Good to know. Is this official information? I've left my Darkstorm at level 20 and have neglected getting the Omega parts only expecting negligible health improvements and room for the Mine-proof Treads I'm not really interested in. I'll be sure to upgrade to Omega now that I know to expect better than a ~1% increase in durability. Mine-proof treads, and 10 day ~1% durability upgrades aren't good motivations in themselves. It'd be nice if Elite and Omega talents like that were advertised like hero and standard unit talents are.
  • Adel-Tech
    Adel-Tech
    WC Mod
    Adel-Tech said:
    Good to know. Is this official information? I've left my Darkstorm at level 20 and have neglected getting the Omega parts only expecting negligible health improvements and room for the Mine-proof Treads I'm not really interested in. I'll be sure to upgrade to Omega now that I know to expect better than a ~1% increase in durability. Mine-proof treads, and 10 day ~1% durability upgrades aren't good motivations in themselves. It'd be nice if Elite and Omega talents like that were advertised like hero and standard unit talents are.
    its not a talent, its a hidden modifier that the unique gets from being promoted, elite and omega promotions dont just change the appearance of uniques and give 500 extra component capacity, if the tests are correct then the omega darkstorm has about 30% burst resistance when promoted to omega

• Jason Ensinger
    Jason Ensinger
    Unicorn Overlord
    Adel-Tech said:
    Adel-Tech said:
    its not a talent, its a hidden modifier that the unique gets from being promoted, elite and omega promotions dont just change the appearance of uniques and give 500 extra component capacity, if the tests are correct then the omega darkstorm has about 30% burst resistance when promoted to omega

The only difference between it and talents is that it is hidden. It shouldn't be. Hero and standard unit talents provide crucial motivation to prioritize upgrades. Players should equally know their motivations for upgrading unique units.
  • Adel-Tech
    Adel-Tech
    WC Mod
    Adel-Tech said:
    Adel-Tech said:

The only difference between it and talents is that it is hidden. It shouldn't be. Hero and standard unit talents provide crucial motivation to prioritize upgrades. Players should equally know their motivations for upgrading unique units.
    unique unit's promotions have always been optional but should you pursue them it will massively increase the impact of the unique unit  this is one of reason bonus modifiers arent revealed 
  • Jason Ensinger
    Jason Ensinger
    Unicorn Overlord
    Adel-Tech said:
    Adel-Tech said:
    Adel-Tech said:

unique unit's promotions have always been optional but should you pursue them it will massively increase the impact of the unique unit  this is one of reason bonus modifiers arent revealed 
    Yet that's also the exact reason they are revealed in heroes and standard units. Go figure.
  • Adel-Tech
    Adel-Tech
    WC Mod
    edited 18 Dec 2019, 4:19PM
    Adel-Tech said:
    Adel-Tech said:
    Adel-Tech said:

Yet that's also the exact reason they are revealed in heroes and standard units. Go figure.
    you cant compare a unique to a hero because heroes cant beat uniques without being at their highest lvls and fully teched out and the hero must excel at taking down high health units to beat a unique but uniques can rival lvl 10 heroes easily at lvl 1 so heroes are more mandatory to be at their max lvl possible for maximum effectiveness, uniques in 1v1 situation will always win against any non maxed out hero
  • Jason Ensinger
    Jason Ensinger
    Unicorn Overlord
    Adel-Tech said:
    Adel-Tech said:
    Adel-Tech said:
    Adel-Tech said:

you cant compare a unique to a hero because heroes cant beat uniques without being at their highest lvls and fully teched out and the hero must excel at taking down high health units to beat a unique but uniques can rival lvl 10 heroes easily at lvl 1 so heroes are more mandatory to be at their max lvl possible for maximum effectiveness, uniques in 1v1 situation will always win against any non maxed out hero
    I just did compare them and that's not really true, lol. You're talking in generalities that don't really reflect reality. There's dozens of exceptions to the generalities you pointed out.
  • Adel-Tech
    Adel-Tech
    WC Mod
    the point remains the same, unique's elite and omega promotions are optional and its up to the player if he\she wants to do them, if they want to then it offers many benefits, some are hidden some are visible (like the chopper company getting another chopper each promotion) and for the time being its staying this way
  • Jason Ensinger
    Jason Ensinger
    Unicorn Overlord
    Adel-Tech said:
    the point remains the same, unique's elite and omega promotions are optional and its up to the player if he\she wants to do them, if they want to then it offers many benefits, some are hidden some are visible (like the chopper company getting another chopper each promotion) and for the time being its staying this way
    For the time being, no it's not staying that way. They've come up with a good design pattern with hero and standard unit talents and advertising them. Now apply that good design pattern to uniques. It's already there, just not advertised. it wouldn't take a lot of development resources to advertise them. Stop overzealously defending the status quo and put a word in for it in Discord, please. I think you'll find the designers much more susceptible to the idea than you are and much less invested in the status quo. If they were hero and standard unit talents would have never been advertised.
  • tim.rondeau.14
    tim.rondeau.14
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 9

@Adel-Tech said:
    (Quote)

What about Nick?

• tim.rondeau.14
    tim.rondeau.14
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 9

@Jason Ensinger said:
    (Quote)

Unless it takes so long that the unit is useless when it happens.

• Adel-Tech
    Adel-Tech
    WC Mod

@Adel-Tech said:
    (Quote)

What about Nick?

heroes also get some hidden modifiers at renowned lvls like for example Andrew has a heroic adaptive armor(Heroic adaptive armor is basically when the hero takes less damage the lower his/her health is) against sustain and Neil gets the same treatment so nick might get something from burst or area, sorry for the late response i didn't see it till now