Pegasus cic

HappyPants999
HappyPants999
Minor Nuisance
Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 135
In the recent past the cic refit time was 1 second, now with the new hull it is 14 hrs. Is this the new direction or is this an oversight. In the past it was easy to see which one gave the most benefit and quickly change if needed. What say you Kix, have you just burdened us even more in our shipyard or is that a mistake?
It's a great day to blow stuff up.
  • Angus_B
    Angus_B
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 976
    edited 11 Oct 2019, 3:36PM
    the choices for the two are;     reduced weapon range or  reduced combat speed,   therefore neither is the preferred option in my opinion
  • ScattergunScott
    ScattergunScott
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined May 2017 Posts: 1,599
    Angus_B said:
    the choices for the two are;     reduced weapon range or  reduced combat speed,   therefore neither is the preferred option in my opinion
    Wait. There is a CIC that Nerfs Weapon Range even more than the -30% the Hull has?!?!?
  • Marius Kain
    Marius Kain
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 304
    The CIC that shortens the range, does it at 7% per boat that has that CIC, So another 35% cuz It looks like it stacks 
    We have WAR, We have Aggression, Let us do it with Pride and Honor Without disgracing our parents by showing how badly they raised their kids. That's all it is, Poor Parenting and lousy attitude.
  • ScattergunScott
    ScattergunScott
    The CIC that shortens the range, does it at 7% per boat that has that CIC, So another 35% cuz It looks like it stacks 
    Hull has -30% built in.
    Lowered Mount is -25%

That would be -90%!!!!!!!!

• HOT-COFFEE
    HOT-COFFEE
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 271
    so the best solution is put different weapons on them

• PiratePeteX
    PiratePeteX
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2016 Posts: 172
    Look at the special ability of the hull, after remaining still for 2 seconds (I think), it gains range. So it's a move, stop, snipe, move affair.
    Look forward to the AoE attacks in the targets...
  • Angus_B
    Angus_B
    Strike-force Captain
    increased RELOAD after 2 seconds stationary
  • PiratePeteX
    PiratePeteX
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2016 Posts: 172
    Angus_B said:
    Oops, you are right, my bad.

I look forward to these ships being long range sniped in the next targets...
  • ScattergunScott
    ScattergunScott

What Weapons would you use? Since it is an Assault Hull, set up for Penetrating Weapons, and the next Raid is Assault? 
  • HappyPants999
    HappyPants999
    Minor Nuisance

What Weapons would you use? Since it is an Assault Hull, set up for Penetrating Weapons, and the next Raid is Assault? 

Everyone knows you have to build like Kix tells you or it's instant death to the fleet.
  • Nick Heath
    Nick Heath
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 978

yeah but you can bet those other weapons will do nothing in the target :(

Snoopy
  • Nick Heath
    Nick Heath
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 978

corrosive is other normal thing in assault................................... but who dare spend a month building a scattergun fleet for kixeye to nerf it in the first hour?

Snoopy
  • mark.matthews.94
    mark.matthews.94
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 833
    Angus_B said:
    Oops, you are right, my bad.

I look forward to these ships being long range sniped in the next targets...
    Or else there will be fast moving targets in there that chase you down forcing you to keep moving. 
  • Sputnik001
    Sputnik001
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 1,286
    The more than 1 sec fit time for the CI is most likely due to the 4 cycle FM this time round...Kix figures that we have another week, so they can add time to the CIC's in hope players coin...
  • Angus_B
    Angus_B
    Strike-force Captain
    when we rank these new hulls on VXP w/end then we will know what the new targets will be like.
  • Ax Bd
    Ax Bd
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 126
    Unfortunately, the VXP targets last round did not prepare us for needing sprint CM.  So while the VXP targets show us an inkling of future raid, they are far from helping us decide what to build.  Kix banks on players spending coin for many refits
  • Alexa the BAE
    Alexa the BAE
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 501
    In the recent past the cic refit time was 1 second, now with the new hull it is 14 hrs. Is this the new direction or is this an oversight. In the past it was easy to see which one gave the most benefit and quickly change if needed. What say you Kix, have you just burdened us even more in our shipyard or is that a mistake?
    This must be a mistake. Two and a half days to change a driving style will mean ZERO chance of spending money on this game. The CIC refit time will be changed to a one second duration as was the case with silverfish and is appropriate for the pegasus.
    "a computer once beat me at chess but it was no match for me at kick boxing"
  • Adom_M
    Adom_M
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 552
    Its just another example of how desperate kix is for your cash.
    Their level of desperation has grown ten fold in the past two years, accelerated by WT in the past year.

Either kix is on is way out, or the lack of understanding of the concept of customer satisfaction is slowly destroying this game.
    A team lead by incompetent game designers with totally inept lazy coders. If I employed anyone who showed the consistent level of incompetence and lack of due diligence that this team is showing, I would sack them on the spot, even if they where making me loads of short term profit. Because its totally none sustainable and unless my plan was to drive my business into the ground definitely not best practice.   
    Never lose sight that this is a game, its not life and death!!!
  • BuckMeatmissile
    BuckMeatmissile
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2018 Posts: 540
    The first thing Kix needs to lose is the demand that they make more and more money for stockholders.  If they only had to worry about paying for employees and actual expenses, they could focus on making the game playable again.  But this is never going to happen...

Me: Here is how I clear the fleets out of the 500 with Silverfish
    Worz: Um... You're hiding behind a rock.
    Me: I'd hide behind a preschool if I thought it would help
  • myersey
    myersey
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 282
    noticing nothing hurts the ships in the 121 122 targets. so there is no chance to get defensive rank tokens. Is this going to be norm for the raid a bunch of ships we can't even damage?

• HappyPants999
    HappyPants999
    Minor Nuisance
    myersey said:
    noticing nothing hurts the ships in the 121 122 targets. so there is no chance to get defensive rank tokens. Is this going to be norm for the raid a bunch of ships we can't even damage?

My 4 pegasus do the 121 122 to completion. there's a build in forsaken council that works. Getting 7 to 8 coin repair in 122 so 4 coin in raid if these are the actual targets, but rest assured they won't be. They change the top target every raid now, that is the new norm.
  • Angus_B
    Angus_B
    Strike-force Captain
    built one hull with scatter guns   and it does very little damage  to both turrets and ships in the VXP target;    therefore do not envisage a change in that for next raid.

If that is the case then the raid will be ignored,  and any future play will be reduced to FM and Pillage.

Very sad state of affairs for a once upon a time game leader
  • novartis
    novartis
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2017 Posts: 157
    Somehow works on VxP(though not completely), but won't be at raid: I use Scoundrel as Building hitter, killing it with minimum casualty, then proceed to use a praet(also needed to be ranked tho) while my pegasus sat in the channel with the corrosive cic.

Somehow if you notice, the CIC did 5 mil corrosive damage, yet it takes ages just to kill the ship. :(
    In the end, it just down into maths, pure maths. We just don't really know how their math works.
  • Marius Kain
    Marius Kain
    Skilled Warrior
    edited 21 Oct 2019, 5:45PM

Everyone knows you have to build like Kix tells you or it's instant death to the fleet.
    One might try a Corrosive Set up. Corrosive is Assault, However if the VXP Targets are any indication, the new Assault Cycle is only going to be "WEAK" vs Pent. NOT Corrosive, Crap shoot, but then again, as we all know, this is KIX's show and they do what ever they want, to get $$$$$.

Forgive my mistake above, I put seige when I meant Assault. Thank you for correcting my misnomer. 

We have WAR, We have Aggression, Let us do it with Pride and Honor Without disgracing our parents by showing how badly they raised their kids. That's all it is, Poor Parenting and lousy attitude.
  • Angus_B
    Angus_B
    Strike-force Captain
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^    if you look closer Marius;   corrosive is not siege, it is and always has been assault
  • Marius Kain
    Marius Kain
    Skilled Warrior
    Angus_B said:
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^    if you look closer Marius;   corrosive is not siege, it is and always has been assault
    Thank you for catching my misnomer, I meant assault, just had a brain Phart !!!!! Ole timers and CRS all mixxed together.

Thanks again

• Angus_B
    Angus_B
    Strike-force Captain
    doesn't detract from the fact my corrosive hull did little damage in the 122 vxp,   but my dragoon flag smashed those turrets like a hot knife through butter but died to the subs lol