Javelin is write protected?

GoodmanGroup
GoodmanGroup
Potential Threat
Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 65
One straight question: Why can't I recycle the Javelin?
  • dom.friant
    dom.friant
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 1,933
    Why would you want to?

Back when it  was first released in Zero Hour, it was released as a pre-built ship, and you could only get 1. At that time it was possible to recycle it and I suspect somebody inadvertently did so and had to contact support to get it back. It wasn't long after that the ability to recycle it was removed (possibly the very next monthly update). Maybe they're a little more common now, but at the time the 5 million points required to win it meant it was not only pretty rare, but also it was unavailable for almost a year after that (if my memory serves). Nobody would have wanted to scrap such a rare ship.
    Because I like the Condor!
    http://i.imgur.com/80deZPv.png
  • HarpoonoZenith
    HarpoonoZenith
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 422
    Why would you want to?

Back when it  was first released in Zero Hour, it was released as a pre-built ship, and you could only get 1. At that time it was possible to recycle it and I suspect somebody inadvertently did so and had to contact support to get it back. It wasn't long after that the ability to recycle it was removed (possibly the very next monthly update). Maybe they're a little more common now, but at the time the 5 million points required to win it meant it was not only pretty rare, but also it was unavailable for almost a year after that (if my memory serves). Nobody would have wanted to scrap such a rare ship.
    Not sure if this has changed, you might be able to craft more than one now. 
    Image result for **** Kixeye
  • EQUINOX 600
    EQUINOX 600
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 811
    Why would you want to?

Sorry but I do not buy that as a reason, so ok the ship costs 5mil but then it is not uncommon for weapon credits to cost 2 or 3 mill each and times that by however many slots on a ship and you can easily have 10 million in weapons on a normal ship that you can scrap and loose those expensive weapons or refit and you loose them also, so if it was a case of the cost and if you scrap you loose it then the same restriction would apply to item credits.

As for why would you want to scrap it? well lets be honest it is and always has been a pretty useless ship, long time to fit out cost , obscene rep time 13 to 16 hours depending on what you have fitted, limited jump capability's, this ship since launch has just been a target for people to hit when they want to troll someone with a 15hour rep, I mean if its all you have then ok role with it but If you have the Prophet that has just 5 hours rep with a jump drive that can jump across several sectors in one jump, so if you have the prophet there is no reason to keep the jump ship.
           Those ships are silly the people would need to be the size of ants to use them.
  • cderalow
    cderalow
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2015 Posts: 268
    Why would you want to?

Sorry but I do not buy that as a reason, so ok the ship costs 5mil but then it is not uncommon for weapon credits to cost 2 or 3 mill each and times that by however many slots on a ship and you can easily have 10 million in weapons on a normal ship that you can scrap and loose those expensive weapons or refit and you loose them also, so if it was a case of the cost and if you scrap you loose it then the same restriction would apply to item credits.

As for why would you want to scrap it? well lets be honest it is and always has been a pretty useless ship, long time to fit out cost , obscene rep time 13 to 16 hours depending on what you have fitted, limited jump capability's, this ship since launch has just been a target for people to hit when they want to troll someone with a 15hour rep, I mean if its all you have then ok role with it but If you have the Prophet that has just 5 hours rep with a jump drive that can jump across several sectors in one jump, so if you have the prophet there is no reason to keep the jump ship.

For reference, at the time, the largest event prize was 1Million intel, and you could clear an event store for around 2Million intel.

so 5 Million was huge.  Payouts also werent in the hundreds of thousands, the max payout was 60,000.   Fleets maxed out in the 50's, not the 100's.

a much simpler time really.

you can own more than one javelin.  at one point you could claim up to 6 of the crafting boxes with patterns in them during a followup event.

unlike the prophet, Javelin is useful for ferrying more than 4 fleets around.
  • dom.friant
    dom.friant
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 1,933
    Why would you want to?

I was explaining the historical reasons that it was locked from being scrapped. Back when the Zero Hour event ran (several years ago) 5 million points was the largest price point for a prize anyone had ever seen, by a long shot. I'm not talking about current prices. This pre-dates everything you mentioned.

You may think the Javelin useless, but I still use mine as my primary jumpship, and I own them all. To each his own I guess.

Because I like the Condor!
    http://i.imgur.com/80deZPv.png
  • GoodmanGroup
    GoodmanGroup
    Potential Threat
    I WANT TO SCRAP THE **** THING - I DONT USE IT.

IF IN AN ALIANCE AND IF A CAPTAINS PERMIT AND IF YOU WANT IT ELSE SCRAP IT
  • Alex Videoman
    Alex Videoman
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2019 Posts: 40

It was the first jumpship released before yall played. It was the only one for over a year and was exstremly useful for double or triple farming speed because you could actually catch the targets you wanted to farm. Good times

• CM Dade Murphy
    CM Dade Murphy
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 451
    For quite a while, Javelins were unavailable in-game, and we saw many requests for it to be made available once more. It's been in quite a few events recently, so there's an upcoming change that would allow for the Javelin to be scrapped and prevent Dreadnoughts from being scrapped. The finalized details will be included in the Downtime & Release notes once it's closer to being released.
  • GoodmanGroup
    GoodmanGroup
    Potential Threat
    Thank you very kindly for this late response (started to play back in 2013)
  • GoodmanGroup
    GoodmanGroup
    Potential Threat
    edited 22 Oct 2019, 10:44AM
    Hey, wait?  "and prevent Dreadnoughts from being scrapped." The sum of all fears are constant.
    Back in 1904 when Japan beat Russia in a battle ship battle, yea the British had an observer present who came up with the idea to make a "all big guns the same calibre" It was named "DreadNot" and Britain was the ruler of all seas for a long time.
    But it too was SCRAPPED in favour of better ships later on.
  • Ka Dosh
    Ka Dosh
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 122

Now we have Tier 8 with the massive resources consumption and the 3 sectors jump possibility, why people need to scrap both arms?... So my best and respectful advice would be: please, be silent and go straight to your base and refit your pickle to the highest available cargo capacity! Everybody dismissed and closed discussion. Have a nice day! :)

• GoodmanGroup
    GoodmanGroup
    Potential Threat
    edited 2 Nov 2019, 7:16PM
    You better hurry or I'll start playin Witcher 3 instead

Sell or trade or plainly scrap inventory you haven't had any use for since 2013

Marking of individual ships so you can more efficiently build task forces with specific traits and remember them :)

Seriously - making the "game" difficult to get players to do misstakes to earn Money from them, is for the lack of a better Word, BAD

I have spent allmost 7 years in VEGA Conflict and adapted to the Changes all the time but I have had it with greed and insensitivity to players needs.
    Goodman
  • Alex Videoman
    Alex Videoman
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2019 Posts: 40

Lol i could never scrap fitted ships. Had to many memories especially with the older vsec vega and rebel ones. Gladius nighthawks and thermal revalations ;) good times

• GoodmanGroup
    GoodmanGroup
    Potential Threat
    so I tip my hat and take my leave