New - Weekly Discussion/Q&A Post (7/29)

• HappyPants999
    HappyPants999
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 135
    edited 31 Jul 2019, 2:02PM
    Subject: BPHQ app
    Question/Comment: When will the new praetorian FM targets be available in the app?
    It's a great day to blow stuff up.
  • kixeyeuser_1408020953615_100008206320305
    kixeyeuser_1408020953615_100008206320305
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 90

Shhh.... company is sleeping... don't disturb

• CM_Ghillie
    CM_Ghillie
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Jun 2019 Posts: 2,546
    Hey folks. Taking some time to respond to inquiries today. Thanks for your patience. 
    Battle Pirates Community Manager
    Potential Threat

Frustrating still no announcement

Potential Threat

@CM_Ghillie said:
    Hey folks. Taking some time to respond to inquiries today. Thanks for your patience. 

I can wait please repair my campaign button please

• IvyL40
    IvyL40
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 43

Ahoy Pirates, 

We’re trying something new to make it even easier to hear from you on the forums. As of today, there will be a weekly Q&A/Discussion post where you are welcome and encouraged to share your questions, ideas, and feedback about Battle Pirates that week. This, more than any other post on the forums, is your primary vehicle for discussion directly with the community team.

We will be removing the weekly release notes discussion and all other event-related discussion posts to keep everything in one centralized place. This will help us to better capture and consider your feedback on a week-to-week basis. It will also create a less cluttered forum-reading experience. 

If you have any questions, please post them below. We’re looking forward to hearing from you. 

Cheers,

CM Ghillie

You really think this is easier to use. 29 pages & counting on god knows how many subjects. Looks like you just want to loose negaitive feedback to me.  
    Subject: New Discussion Page is unreadable, unhelpfull & unwanted 
    Potential Threat

Excuse me...i don't have saturn or nemesisx built fully....so i will not play this game for next 7 days... good luck

• CM_Ghillie
    CM_Ghillie
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Kizbit said:
    Subject: BPHQ app
    Question/Comment: When will the new praetorian FM targets be available in the app?
    BP App changes are still rolling out - will keep folks posted as I hear things! 
  • SecondTime
    SecondTime
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 310
    I have one why cant you make these TLC co op so we can get our lower alliance members up to date ? 
  • Smokingweed
    Smokingweed
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2018 Posts: 15
    I have one why cant you make these TLC co op so we can get our lower alliance members up to date ? 
    ^ this or make them a little more doable as in not saturns/nems only protos  get slaughtered

• PayTheFerryMan
    PayTheFerryMan
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 4
    Wanting to purchase praetorian
  • dlaw001
    dlaw001
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2017 Posts: 308
    dlaw001 said:
    Subject" Base Parts Hull for lower levels

Question: Will there be any hulls that us lower level players can get our hands on to get base parts with? The Ironclad/Cannoneer/ProtoCent are useless in the 35 targets for base parts, they don't have enough punch  even with bigger guns onboard...

Bucc or Hydra in the FM maybe?
    Have you tried those hulls on expeditions?
    & agreed, don't like the new targets one little bit
    Only put 2in the fleet as dock isn't high enough and the damage output is too low compared to what the buck or hydra can put out (plus there defences)
  • Tallman
    Tallman
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 84
    in reguards to the forsaken mission i have a quick question. im from the beta time and still playing, but for the weekly fm prize collection, i am a bit confused why i need to collect tech that will never be used and seems to to have an unlimited amount that can be collected just to get the chest for that lvl prize.  i have already accepted the at i need to collect this bs tech i wont use to get to the main prize. when will that be changed for players that need rather than players that dont need.  just sayin', if not hyper 30, msds3, or hyper 30, all are not needed, and what is the other hyper 30, again not needed for my lvl or my play time since alpha.  other than wasting my points on a prize i will never use each week, why make a lvl 130+ player collect that bullchit

• heat.miser.37
    heat.miser.37
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 431

Subject: order of weekly pve/pvp events

With the introduction of shipwreck, the predictable monthly pattern is PVP (shipwreck), PVP (bounty), PVE (pillage), and PVE (raid). Anyway that pattern can rotate evenly to reflect PVP, PVE, PVP, PVE?

The benefit for the PVE players with low or no PVP priority is a break between the PVP event weeks.

If Bounty is moved to the first weekend after a raid, the PVE players could maximize the separate repair ques: the conqueror/defender que for the bounty event and the regular repair que for vxp weekend, TLC's, and the fm with typically the largest amount of new content.

Benefit for both PVP/PVE is the availability of newer PVE content early with pillage occurring a week earlier.

• Angus_B
    Angus_B
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 976
    why NO FM on wed 7th Aug ??????
  • wing-dang-doodle
    wing-dang-doodle
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 1,521
    Cod_19 said:
    Cod_19 said:
    Looks like the questions are out numbering the answers.  didn't think this would last long.  

you must of missed the bit where it said any questions post them below
    there's about 30 questions without answers in case you didn't notice :)

your obviously misunderstanding what this new feature is for.
    Why do you tell us then last I knew Q/A was for questions and answers
    your clearly not knowing who this post was for. if your not sure..why comment.

you keep whining like me but we are still here, i love broken pixels, how about you
  • ScattergunScott
    ScattergunScott
    Joined May 2017 Posts: 1,602
    Angus_B said:
    Most likely will be. Since the Raid is the next week. They probably just forgot it on the calendar in the FM List for the month. 
  • maddad
    maddad
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 613
    Angus_B said:
    Most likely will be. Since the Raid is the next week. They probably just forgot it on the calendar in the FM List for the month. 
    NO FM......... see below

The_Vengeful_One
    Joined Jun 2012Posts: 4,203
    maddad said:
    normally raid starts when fm cycle over,so has new cm got it wrong?  see below

CM_Ghillie
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Jun 2019Posts: 83
    17 Jul 2019, 12:12AMedited 17 Jul 2019, 4:04AM

JULY FORSAKEN MISSION

Cycle 1
    Begins: Wednesday, July 17th @ 3:00PM PDT
    Ends: Wednesday, July 24th @ 12:00PM PDT

Cycle 2
    Begins: Wednesday, July 24th @ 3:00PM PDT
    Ends: Wednesday, July 31st @ 12:00PM PDT

Cycle 3
    Begins: Wednesday, July 31st @ 3:00PM PDT
    Ends: Wednesday, August 7th @ 12:00PM PDT

Just to add to this, at this time, there is no added fm for the week after the 7th, when Pillage runs.
    upgrades=downfall of battle pirates
  • CM_Ghillie
    CM_Ghillie
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Subject:  New tech time reduction

Question/Comment:

So we have already seen the implementation of Silverfish tech having reduced times compared to say older tech. My question is when or if the old tech will be modified to fit the reduction times that we have in place for the future? 
    No plan for it at this time, but I'll update the community if we hear differently in the near future. 
  • CM_Ghillie
    CM_Ghillie
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Subject: Ship build tokens
    Would kixeye ever consider converting any of the ship build tokens to ships like the punishers monos centurions since someone us players have no use for since those ships are out of date and it might help us build up fleets for current raids and or wklys.
    This isn't our standard practice, and there are no current plans to change it on our end. That being said, if you're looking for something specific, you can also DM me and we can chat about how you can best approach it. I'll try to help however I can. 
  • CM_Ghillie
    CM_Ghillie
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Gaz_A3 said:

Subject: Fleet slots

Question: Is there any plans to give us a third row of fleet slots?

Comment: We currently have 16 slots. One of which is base defence. One of which is taken up by expeditions (assuming you do them). One for base hitting. One for shipwrecks. This leaves us with 12. Might sound a lot but there is currently so much going on in the game that we have to keep swapping fleets out for different tasks.

Maybe the third row could be for PvP hulls only.

No current timeline for this, but something we are considering based on community feedback. This sort of ask can take a bit of time with UI, but it's not off the table. 
  • Nick Heath
    Nick Heath
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 998
    OK, I read the August CM diary

I saw top target? is a CO OP target, This I suppose is fine if it doesn't follow down the same line SWs went down, where points were awarded to alliance members?

The other big thing is:- we know many prizes now are limited shards, awarded with top targets. I am worried that the needed shards may be limited to this target? yet again giving larger alliances a massive advantage?

Please do not tell me I can hit them with anyone, and so earn these prizes. I got this far in the game doing my own thing, if I have to rely on someone else, I don't want to know...just my 2 pence worth
    Snoopy
  • Cod_19
    Cod_19
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 71
    edited 1 Aug 2019, 9:20PM
    Cod_19 said:
    Cod_19 said:
    Looks like the questions are out numbering the answers.  didn't think this would last long.  

wing sir, your a level 133. it's clear what this is for an it's not to belittle others. 

Just when you have the answers. Kix changes the questions..   
  • wing-dang-doodle
    wing-dang-doodle
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 1,521
    Cod_19 said:
    Cod_19 said:
    Cod_19 said:

as you have.  ask question.get answer..  it's more ask questions. get no answer..

it runs for a week, don't you read anything first. or you just want everything done to your liking?
    you keep whining like me but we are still here, i love broken pixels, how about you
This discussion has been closed.