New - Weekly Discussion/Q&A Post (7/29)

• wing-dang-doodle
    wing-dang-doodle
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 1,521
    Cod_19 said:
    Looks like the questions are out numbering the answers.  didn't think this would last long.  

you must of missed the bit where it said any questions post them below
    you keep whining like me but we are still here, i love broken pixels, how about you
  • Nick Heath
    Nick Heath
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 998
    Subject: HTML 5
    Question/Comment: When will we get a open beta for the HTML5 port and when will the game be finally port over to HTML 5?
    lol
    Snoopy
  • Cod_19
    Cod_19
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 71
    Cod_19 said:
    Looks like the questions are out numbering the answers.  didn't think this would last long.  

there's about 30 questions without answers in case you didn't notice :)

Just when you have the answers. Kix changes the questions..   
  • Joe Kristen
    Joe Kristen
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 38
    lam56 said:
    Subject: Shipwreck - prize payout
    Comment:  I too enjoy the ship to ship combat - I like the battles (even though I win as many as I lose) and I really enjoy watching the truly masterful pirates go at it. I did a mix of shipwrecks and outposts - no alliance wrecks as we are a small alliance and I am not a masterful pirate - more a plug along and add a little coin now and then pirate. 

I have around 225k points - individual effort ranking 769th globally, 144th in my world and 5th in sector. IMO - my rankings for individual effort deserve more than the one prize (new turret) I will get. Frankly I lost heart half way through and reduced coining when I saw I would not be able to compete with the boogeyman alliance points to get the prizes I am used to earning. 

This is not a complaint about big alliances; it is comment about poor (counter-productive) planning by kix. If you look at the leaderboards the big alliance members are missing or way down the list (meaning they did not significantly coin this event) - yet they will get all the prizes based on the efforts of a few. Changes this time removed alliance points from the individual effort leader boards, but these alliance points still really skewed the reward point system - effectively shutting most non-aligned from top prizes.

I did not get the new interceptor - so will be less competitive the next event - less likely to participate and less likely to coin.
    BS 
  • SSQUID
    SSQUID
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 1,227
    edited 30 Jul 2019, 10:55PM
    Angus_B said:
    Would just like to say that I enjoyed the shipwreck event once I figured out how to do the employees bases for an acceptable level of damage.   Got some much needed tech without doing the impossible of holding the shipwrecks.
    glad you enjoyed the event mate

But

what you enjoyed was a bounty/shipwreck hybrid event

and the only part you participated in was the condensed bounty part of the event

so i would argue what you enjoyed was the few little scraps of bounty they only made available due to a

total lack of participation on the shipwreck side

i give the company credit for increasing the spawns but the only reason they did it was 

self preservation/greed/coins/the 30 mill bonus

just sayin mate

cheers
  • zeusIII
    zeusIII
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 487
    Bounty and shipwrecks are events for the coiners...
  • zeusIII
    zeusIII
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 487
    Gifting unavailable untill lvl 100  why?
  • Smokingweed
    Smokingweed
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2018 Posts: 15
    edited 31 Jul 2019, 12:02AM
    With the growing number of fleets needed, we need a Refit* yard. Won't ask for another shipyard outright but it would do wonders.  The players who are already current it would help them keep current, or if you're like me and trying to catch up it would really help.  Perhaps decreases in refitting time per yard level.  
  • SSQUID
    SSQUID
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 1,227
    zeusIII said:
    Gifting unavailable untill lvl 100  why?
    why indeed
    then i was informed of an exploit/blatant theft, a few of our coiner friends were using to basically steal from the company

i get why they did it,but how many were banned?

we will never know
  • coolcat00
    coolcat00
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 216
    zeusIII said:
    Would be nice if fm missions had some good base turrets and gale IV's. Gale IV's only showing up sometimes in the monthly and am running out....
    I really want a way to get a good antimortar comparable to gale four maybe add T8 countermeasures to raid then move gale IV and missile def sys III to FM

• Smokingweed
    Smokingweed
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2018 Posts: 15
    edited 30 Jul 2019, 11:59PM
    With the growing number of fleets needed, we need a retrofit yard. Won't ask for another shipyard outright but it would do wonders.  The players who are already current it would help them keep current, or if you're like me and trying to catch up it would really help.  Perhaps decreases in retrofitting time per yard level.  
    Technically we don't need a retrofit yard as we already have the retrofit LAB and a foundry, both of which were used to upgrade things. The ship upgrades should have gone into the RETROFIT LAB where they belonged and never been in the shipyard.
    You misunderstand, can't build ships in REFIT yard merely refit them.  Totally meant to call it a Refit yard. wil edit other post accordingly.
  • Digits_Brigade
    Digits_Brigade
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 529
    This is a Q discussion post without much A.  New CM has not impressed me at all.
  • wing-dang-doodle
    wing-dang-doodle
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 1,521
    Cod_19 said:
    Cod_19 said:

your obviously misunderstanding what this new feature is for.
    you keep whining like me but we are still here, i love broken pixels, how about you
  • kixeyeuser_1408020953615_100008206320305
    kixeyeuser_1408020953615_100008206320305
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 90

No news about pieces of 8

• fulcrumer
    fulcrumer
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 1,129
    This is working well
  • mike.scott.73307
    mike.scott.73307
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 626
    Subject:  Known Issues
    Question:  Could someone from Kix maintain a pinned post with known issues, ie suppressors are not firing at the proper range?  Things like this would help a lot if there was a single up to date non cluttered place to check before doing builds
  • dlaw001
    dlaw001
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2017 Posts: 308
    Subject" Base Parts Hull for lower levels

Question: Will there be any hulls that us lower level players can get our hands on to get base parts with? The Ironclad/Cannoneer/ProtoCent are useless in the 35 targets for base parts, they don't have enough punch  even with bigger guns onboard...

Bucc or Hydra in the FM maybe?
  • Fractal
    Fractal
    Master Tactician
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 2,416
    Subject:  Obsolete Tokens
    Question:   Can the team consider allowing us to sell back unused build tokens in exchanged for something useful? Perhaps 1 day of specialized ship build token can be redeemed for 1 hour of general ship build. Perhaps something similar for old VXP tokens too. 
    Playing since Feb 2012.  Originally sector 304
  • kixeyeuser_1408020953615_100008206320305
    kixeyeuser_1408020953615_100008206320305
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 90

Wake up....u have any announcements today?

• Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 3,474
    DPR said:
    Subject: Bounty

Question: Will bounty going forward have defender fleets like the shipwreck outposts and also the silly building health. I enjoy bounty events but having seen the outposts in shipwreck events and that they were meant to have defender fleets i can see this making its way into bounty and ruining it. probably the reason for no bounty this month.
    Your "silly building health" was probably Explosive Bulkwark making your Howlers not so effective, especially vs the dock. Any other weapon type would be recommended, ie, such as on a Breacher, or an MSC to finish up those problematic buildings
    I specialize in wife removal, crushing heads & other forms of violence, like roasting faces, or cutting horses in two with a single swing of my sword
    I fear nothing, your pixels are dust compared to my physical might (8'0", 420lb)
  • Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 3,474
    dlaw001 said:

Question: Will there be any hulls that us lower level players can get our hands on to get base parts with? The Ironclad/Cannoneer/ProtoCent are useless in the 35 targets for base parts, they don't have enough punch  even with bigger guns onboard...

Have you tried those hulls on expeditions?
    & agreed, don't like the new targets one little bit
    I specialize in wife removal, crushing heads & other forms of violence, like roasting faces, or cutting horses in two with a single swing of my sword
    I fear nothing, your pixels are dust compared to my physical might (8'0", 420lb)
  • john.dean.1291421
    john.dean.1291421
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 733
    Why after pricing conq and defence hull tokens at 2500 points in recent events would you make targets harder in the shipwreck and value them at 60000? And as a kick in the teeth to new and weaker players make even level 80 replica bases impossible???? Trolls dont need to reply no one is interested in your replies.
  • The Amazing Jeff
    The Amazing Jeff
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 932
    dlaw001 said:

SSRB with pCents or Hyrdra, haven't tried but assume shrike and rads can do them also
  • carl.wear.3
    carl.wear.3
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 6,292

Ahoy Pirates, 

We’re trying something new to make it even easier to hear from you on the forums. As of today, there will be a weekly Q&A/Discussion post where you are welcome and encouraged to share your questions, ideas, and feedback about Battle Pirates that week. This, more than any other post on the forums, is your primary vehicle for discussion directly with the community team.

We will be removing the weekly release notes discussion and all other event-related discussion posts to keep everything in one centralized place. This will help us to better capture and consider your feedback on a week-to-week basis. It will also create a less cluttered forum-reading experience. 

If you have any questions, please post them below. We’re looking forward to hearing from you. 

Cheers,

CM Ghillie

So what is actually the purpose of this thread? Is it just a Q&A section where the mods/CM just answer basic questions about the game or is a actual point of contact for real feedback from players to get to the people in kixeye that can act upon that feedback?

• Dopey_87
    Dopey_87
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 160
    coolcat00 said:
    Subject: Ship build tokens
    Would kixeye ever consider converting any of the ship build tokens to ships like the punishers monos centurions since someone us players have no use for since those ships are out of date and it might help us build up fleets for current raids and or wklys.
    I like this concept of finding a use for old build tokens.
    I would rather the tokens be able to be cashed back in for points of some kind(base parts Titanium Uranium)
    Could kixeye find a way for us to use them?   or will they be forever forgotten in our inventories...
    And wouldnt these extra useless tokens in our inventory be helping clutter your already overtaxed servers? Those numbers have to be stored somewhere.... Just a thought with the way lag likes to rear its ugly head, especially during Bounty!
  • jon pirate
    jon pirate
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 838
    Cod_19 said:
    Cod_19 said:

your obviously misunderstanding what this new feature is for.
    Why do you tell us then last I knew Q/A was for questions and answers
    Make BP Great Again
  • kixeyeuser_1406300105962_100004147847899
    kixeyeuser_1406300105962_100004147847899
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 223
    yea no answers like the last cm answer a few questions but not the others

This discussion has been closed.