New - Weekly Discussion/Q&A Post (7/29)

CM_Ghillie
CM_Ghillie
KIXEYE Community Manager
Joined Jun 2019 Posts: 2,116
edited 30 Jul 2019, 12:03AM

Ahoy Pirates, 

We’re trying something new to make it even easier to hear from you on the forums. As of today, there will be a weekly Q&A/Discussion post where you are welcome and encouraged to share your questions, ideas, and feedback about Battle Pirates that week. This, more than any other post on the forums, is your primary vehicle for discussion directly with the community team.

We will be removing the weekly release notes discussion and all other event-related discussion posts to keep everything in one centralized place. This will help us to better capture and consider your feedback on a week-to-week basis. It will also create a less cluttered forum-reading experience. 

If you have any questions, please post them below. We’re looking forward to hearing from you. 

Cheers,

CM Ghillie

Battle Pirates Community Manager
  • CM_Ghillie
    CM_Ghillie
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    P.S. 

Feel free to use this template when posting - 

Subject: 
    Question/Comment: 
  • LSD68
    LSD68
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 129
    Subject: BP app
    Question/Comment:  when will it be available for non facebook players?

• Detective_Soulhex
    Detective_Soulhex
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2019 Posts: 11
    edited 29 Jul 2019, 7:35PM
    Subject:  New tech time reduction

Question/Comment:

So we have already seen the implementation of Silverfish tech having reduced times compared to say older tech. My question is when or if the old tech will be modified to fit the reduction times that we have in place for the future? 
    Image result for detective pikachu gif
  • CM_Ghillie
    CM_Ghillie
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    LSD68 said:
    Subject: BP app
    Question/Comment:  when will it be available for non facebook players?

Work in progress, will update the community when as have a date/when available. 
  • wing-dang-doodle
    wing-dang-doodle
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 1,485
    Laredo said:
    ogrish said:
    Subject: Player Inventory update
    Question/Comment:When will upgrade parts be visible and where?  Would be nice to see them in Limited menu.
    This is something that's currently being made, we should have it in the next few weeks.
    good to know, cheers Laredo
    you keep whining like me but we are still here, i love broken pixels, how about you
  • zeusIII
    zeusIII
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 462
    Although it's nice to get a free fleet them proto apollo's were a dissappointment. Hit one raid target and had to call sea tow...
  • zeusIII
    zeusIII
    Skilled Warrior
    Think is kinda looney when the base gets flattened by new ships that first appeared in the event that's currently running....
  • Little_Dean
    Little_Dean
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 111
    Like it has always been, if you ask a question or comment on something you will get bombarded by the trolls who have nothing better in their life to do but harass the real players.

• zeusIII
    zeusIII
    Skilled Warrior
    When or if are they running some good day camps again like turrets of terror or the one that breacher was the prize? Gotta few old ones left for players half my lvl & less...
  • princess941
    princess941
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 161
    With content moving so quickly and dock space being limited how about giving some compensation for fleets we scrap in the form of tokens that we have used to speed up builds. Also increase number of storage availability as some of the older fleets are still useful and keeps players in the game if they dont have current tech. This will increase the longevity of players and decrease the frustration that players have regarding this issue. Also when there are numerous events it would be nice to have different repair ques to keep the players active and participating in all events instead of having to stop and wait for numerous repairs if you dont coin. 
  • SSQUID
    SSQUID
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 1,227
    zeusIII said:
    Although it's nice to get a free fleet them proto apollo's were a dissappointment. Hit one raid target and had to call sea tow...
    well thats on you mate,,that free fleet was all you needed to do very well with  medium seat time and no coins spent

but that certain page many count on for intell buried every post about how to do it ,,and pinned all the coiner fleets doin well

the TFC page has become a joke for this reason,,dont know if its been hijacked by the likes of megan and apex,,

what i do know is they are no longer serving the player base and have become a tool of the company

#robyn shut it down

friggin joke you have become

• princess941
    princess941
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 161
    Could payments be reviewed as Australians pay a lot extra for deals because of our dollar. Why cant the deals be run out of the Brisbane or Melbourne office because if the deals were $9.99 aus dollar i would be buying more deals but the way it is now i pay an extra $10 - $15 dollars more plus a conversion fee. So when i see deals i just by pass them as its too expensive.
  • OleFart
    OleFart
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 140
    Could payments be reviewed as Australians pay a lot extra for deals because of our dollar. Why cant the deals be run out of the Brisbane or Melbourne office because if the deals were $9.99 aus dollar i would be buying more deals but the way it is now i pay an extra $10 - $15 dollars more plus a conversion fee. So when i see deals i just by pass them as its too expensive.
    Completely agree. Don't  know if it's possible but would be great for those of us who pay more just because of exchange rates. I for one would be more likely to buy bigger gold packages if that was the case and I prob wouldn't bother waiting for coin deals. That would also be relevant to daily deals that are promoted.
  • Nick Heath
    Nick Heath
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 996
    lam56 said:
    Subject: Shipwreck - prize payout
    Comment:  I too enjoy the ship to ship combat - I like the battles (even though I win as many as I lose) and I really enjoy watching the truly masterful pirates go at it. I did a mix of shipwrecks and outposts - no alliance wrecks as we are a small alliance and I am not a masterful pirate - more a plug along and add a little coin now and then pirate. 

I have around 225k points - individual effort ranking 769th globally, 144th in my world and 5th in sector. IMO - my rankings for individual effort deserve more than the one prize (new turret) I will get. Frankly I lost heart half way through and reduced coining when I saw I would not be able to compete with the boogeyman alliance points to get the prizes I am used to earning. 

This is not a complaint about big alliances; it is comment about poor (counter-productive) planning by kix. If you look at the leaderboards the big alliance members are missing or way down the list (meaning they did not significantly coin this event) - yet they will get all the prizes based on the efforts of a few. Changes this time removed alliance points from the individual effort leader boards, but these alliance points still really skewed the reward point system - effectively shutting most non-aligned from top prizes.

I did not get the new interceptor - so will be less competitive the next event - less likely to participate and less likely to coin.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this.again and again
    Snoopy
  • OleFart
    OleFart
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 140
    Question: Why aren't ship build tokens including specific Hull build tokens not available to use for Upgrades?
    Comment: I for one am more likely to buy Specific hull build tokens as well as Ship build tokens to complete upgrades. As I would still be building fleets I would need to also replenish those tokens as needed for normal builds. The ability to be able to choose the tokens I want and purchase the amount needed rather than a block amount of tokens would also encourage me to spend more knowing that what I purchase I will use and not waste any.
  • Femme_Fatale76
    Femme_Fatale76
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 199
    edited 30 Jul 2019, 12:20AM
    Considering this shipwreck was geared more toward big alliances that took all from small alliances including all of the 82's that popped up it was a completely one sided event.Especially when you can only hold 1 interceptor class ship in a fleet. When I see low levels getting free upgrades and having a maxed lv 15 dock etc for completing an objective when the rest of us still grinding out 21 days for op 11 and then another almost 17 days to max our dock. This is just a kick in the a** to me a paying customer when I have no way to compete against those that can hold 3 interceptors in a fleet. And when I have sent in my concerns to customer support all I get is the cold shoulder and pushed away like I don't matter as a paying customer. Well I came back 4 months ago and didn't get any of these types of free upgrades like you giving out now. So what about us caught in the middle getting pummeled on both sides of the fence. Makes me wonder how you really feel about those that make your paychecks.

Also when it pertains to the TLC's you make it to where you need a full fleet of Saturn, Nexesis X etc to even get past the 1st attack. To me you all nothing but a money grab. You don't want anyone to advance unless you coin everything when you bring out packages and even those suck with the crappiest fits on them so we have to refit them to make them any good.
    DFL JOINT LEADER
    Lurks in the shadows ......
  • coolcat00
    coolcat00
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 216
    Subject: Ship build tokens
    Would kixeye ever consider converting any of the ship build tokens to ships like the punishers monos centurions since someone us players have no use for since those ships are out of date and it might help us build up fleets for current raids and or wklys.
    I like this concept of finding a use for old build tokens.
    I would rather the tokens be able to be cashed back in for points of some kind(base parts Titanium Uranium)
    Could kixeye find a way for us to use them?   or will they be forever forgotten in our inventories...
  • ZoneTan
    ZoneTan
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2018 Posts: 164
    coolcat00 said:
    Subject: Ship build tokens
    Would kixeye ever consider converting any of the ship build tokens to ships like the punishers monos centurions since someone us players have no use for since those ships are out of date and it might help us build up fleets for current raids and or wklys.
    I like this concept of finding a use for old build tokens.
    I would rather the tokens be able to be cashed back in for points of some kind(base parts Titanium Uranium)
    Could kixeye find a way for us to use them?   or will they be forever forgotten in our inventories...
    i can think of a way for them to change them, have tokens for ship builds be tier based instead.  tokens good for tier 3-5 ships, tokens for tier 6-7 ships and tokens for tier 8 ships. technically its partially generic int he fact it doesnt matter what class ship, just the tier.
  • kixeyeuser_1408020953615_100008206320305
    kixeyeuser_1408020953615_100008206320305
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 90

Subject.. question
    When you give answer? Please

In my account there is no campaign available from ls 4 year... can u repair it? Telling same things repeated ly last 4 yrs... hope company changed...new company will hear my problem.. thanks a lot

This discussion has been closed.