How to fix VXP in a fair way

BuckMeatmissile
BuckMeatmissile
Skilled Warrior
Joined Dec 2018 Posts: 462
First off, tack 2 or 3 zeroes onto the end of all existing VXP and tokens, as well as the XP levels needed to level up so you have room for different levels of points awarded.

Starting with the tiniest ships, such as lvl 1 cargo, make each ship killed worth 1pt. The bigger the ship killed, the more points. 

Next, ACTUALLY MAKE KILLING LAND BASED TARGETS WORTH SOMETHING. Same with ships, scale it depending on threat level.

To address the issue of people suiciding zombie fleets to collect death VXP, that will need reworking as well. Make every 1000 or so POTENTIAL damage worth 1 pt. This should apply whether or not the damage was taken, evaded, reduced by Survival, or Countermeasured. Additionally, if the ship counters damage intended for another ship, the ship firing the countermeasure should get the XP for that damage.  These changes would alleviate the suicide payoff and properly reward support ships such as tanks and countermeasure support ships for contributing to the battle. 

I believe this would reward players more for participating in higher stakes battles to gain VXP.

Me: Here is how I clear the fleets out of the 500 with Silverfish
Worz: Um... You're hiding behind a rock.
Me: I'd hide behind a preschool if I thought it would help
  • TomBrooklyn
    TomBrooklyn
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 2,718
    Are you saying you want ships to earn VXP when they cause damage, and not just when they take damage?

• BuckMeatmissile
    BuckMeatmissile
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2018 Posts: 462
    LOL, yeah.  Now that i think about it, the VXP formula for damage received can be used for damage dealt as well, that way it doesn't matter which ship delivers the kill shot, it will be the damage it deals that counts.  The caveat there being the VXP award would have to be based on actual HP removed from the target so blow through damage of weakened ships doesn't award extra VXP

Me: Here is how I clear the fleets out of the 500 with Silverfish
    Worz: Um... You're hiding behind a rock.
    Me: I'd hide behind a preschool if I thought it would help
  • Alexa the BAE
    Alexa the BAE
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 423
    edited 3 May 2019, 4:49PM
    BuckMeatmissile said:  How to fix VXP in a fair way
    WHAT?
    How about just have it working again.
    Anything new causes more issues than solutions.
    "a computer once beat me at chess but it was no match for me at kick boxing"
  • TomBrooklyn
    TomBrooklyn
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 2,718
    Alexa the BAE said:  How about just have it working again.
    How is it supposed to work?

What about it is not working right?

• DaBear
    DaBear
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 15
    edited 2 Jul 2019, 4:06PM
    Well they have essentially ended getting vxp points the old fashion way (hitting cargo's) so the only way to get vxp points is to commit suicide in a vxp target. The suicide routine is because the boats you have can't cause damage depending on the target you hit. Some boats can't hit the targets that are usually upcoming raid targets. Since you only have 24 hours to hit the higher targets and you only have one weekend to get targets, so by the time you "attempt" to have enough hulls to rank after you get the new hulls from the raid, you can't get any vxp until the next vxp weekend. Also with that in mind why can't there be more than one vxp weekend or move the vxp weekend to the one before the raid.