Glitches

DISCO99
DISCO99
Minor Nuisance
Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 108

What is going on the glitches are worse than ever today with everything come on for goodness sake

• jeff.dynda.12
    jeff.dynda.12
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 107
    they are not glitches - they are designed to suck gold out of morons. You smell the coffee?
  • Philip Foglar
    Philip Foglar
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 1,774
    One of the things that really annoys me, and it's happening more and more lately, is when you have a big ground plat in a base and you are trying to control specific units, hit spacebar to deselect and then click on the specific unit or units that you want, and then when you direct them to move or attack other units are all of a sudden responding to your commands! That's nonsense!!! It either causes unexpected damage or screws up what you were trying to do. And then the constant visual glitches, that's still one of the biggest gold generators I reckon!
  • it will fitz
    it will fitz
    Master Tactician
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 2,397
    define "glitches" ?
  • Philip Foglar
    Philip Foglar
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 1,774
    Here we go: "a sudden, usually temporary malfunction or fault of equipment."
  • CyberToad
    CyberToad
    WC Mod
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 5,973
    ok, can you list the glitches that the rest of us are not experiencing so that Kixeye can put them on the list to be fixed.

Kixeye Forum/Chat Moderator

Request Support                           Help Desk                            Cybertoad Chat (discord)
    Report a Suspected Cheater                           Kixeye Forum Rules                            Report Harassment
  • Mark_F114
    Mark_F114
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 506
    units when retreated are not going to the closest  way out but retreating through the base taking huge amounts of damage. disconnecting when deploying units again causing damage. units not going where you send them but seem to go to the defender that cause the most amount of damage, ignoring the hold command and going on attack getting damaged. this gets progressively worse the closer you get to the event. and that's not just this one. if you did not advertise the event we would know one was coming 
  • CyberToad
    CyberToad
    WC Mod

1. some bases have a designated entry point and a designated exit point.
    2. DC's are part of the game and usually occur when your internet connection between you and Kixeye is experiencing lag.
    3. Hold command only works until the unit is engaged in battle.  For example if your unit is on hold and it receives fire, it retaliates and engages the attacking unit.  It use to be that the units didnt engage and would sit there and be destroyed without fighting back.

Request Support                           Help Desk                            Cybertoad Chat (discord)
    Report a Suspected Cheater                           Kixeye Forum Rules                            Report Harassment
  • Mark_F114
    Mark_F114
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 506
    1. the unit retreated was between the designated  entry/exit point and retreated to the centre of the base.
    2. my internet connection is 250mbs fiber optic and the only time i get disconnected is the week before the monthly event the frequency of disconnects ramp up the closer to the event we get.
    3 the hold position was well out of range of any attacking  units 

i just find it strange that this only happens to me in the week before the event starts
  • DevineWindToo
    DevineWindToo
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2014 Posts: 702
    I have experienced many of the glitches that disavantage the player, the control of unit, unit selection not wotrking etc etc etc. All the glitches are well documented in the forum pages and in the multitude of tickets submitted. I would like a pint of what the kix people and the mods have been on to insinuate tht these glitches don't effect the whole game only a few players. 

Like other I have over 200mbps internet connection, hard wired not wifi. When will the robots stop blaming our internet connection for lag, de-syncs etc, when kix have virtually admitted it is the servers.

Kix and MODS, I challenge you to start showing your long suffering paying customer just aitte bit of respect.
  • it will fitz
    it will fitz
    Master Tactician
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 2,397
    I am not a mod nor a Kix peep, but I must point out that when Kixeye has a real issue, one that They have control over, They always step up and admit it, and even offer us compensation for it

did you know ..... despite what speed you may pay for, or what speeds you get to a close testing server, you results will greatly change depending on where you are located in the world? before blaming everything on Kix and saying we have the Bestest Interwebs connection, we need to run a tracerroute of out connection, just to see it we do have the bestest connection

do not get me wrong, there are issues with Flash that can cause issues, but as they have said, they are working on porting it over

also, many issues can be local (yes, local as in the comp you/we are using) many of my issues are due to the age of my system, I just deal with it  move on and have fun

you mileage may vary
  • insideoutside
    insideoutside
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 1,139
    edited 17 Apr 2019, 3:43PM
    CyberToad said:

1. some bases have a designated entry point and a designated exit point.
    2. DC's are part of the game and usually occur when your internet connection between you and Kixeye is experiencing lag.
    3. Hold command only works until the unit is engaged in battle.  For example if your unit is on hold and it receives fire, it retaliates and engages the attacking unit.  It use to be that the units didnt engage and would sit there and be destroyed without fighting back.

Yes i particularly like the bases where you first spawn your units air or ground and immediately come under fire from the defenses,This is not even moving anything,happens upon spawn.What do we credit that to intentional or glitch?
  • JNewbie
    JNewbie
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,624
    really so why does herald retreat when it get hit by unit from drone silo, My Herald has ability to destroy air unit, but it seems want to retreat , and my commander forward it seems to fight my command.
  • CyberToad
    CyberToad
    WC Mod
    JNewbie said:
    really so why does herald retreat when it get hit by unit from drone silo, My Herald has ability to destroy air unit, but it seems want to retreat , and my commander forward it seems to fight my command.
    Not all units have the same behavior.