Assault Cycle Strategy Guide

• kopo.loko.9
    kopo.loko.9
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2016 Posts: 72
    "Leverage Fog Banks to avoid being detected, lay traps, or escape pursuing enemies." my fave part :D 
    "She said she loved me. Oh, hell, it wasn't my fault she picked me to get all wet-brained over."
    "Well, I'd say she certainly had marvelous judgment, Albert, if not particularly good taste. XD"

• A Steve Spurgeon
    A Steve Spurgeon
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 18
    As usual the vxp weekend is a preview so you get idea of upcoming raid. As usual kix makes changes so the raid is different. Two hulls to choose from in last raid series and can only pick one. Coin use tokens and try to get 2-3 hulls ready for the raid. First day nem flag and 2 hulls ready can't do an 83. Came out coined repair to go back in and target blew up. Parked nem fleet, Went to proto-apollo to grind 60's long seat time. This is turning into a daily chores like BPville. Not much time for fun.
  • TCPGuru
    TCPGuru
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 28
    Luke1979 said:
    @WrongThinker I have a question about the fog.

FOG BANKS (ENVIRONMENT)

Assault Targets now include Fog Banks.  Anything outside a Fog Bank can not target anything inside the Fog Bank, even when what is inside the Fog Bank is shooting them!  If you retreat into a Fog Bank, enemies chasing you are likely to not want to incur the damage of being shot by you without being able to return fire and will likely retreat.  Leverage Fog Banks to avoid being detected, lay traps, or escape pursuing enemies.

The above is directly from the guide you posted, but in reality I drove my fleet out killed a few daggertooth, snagged the ghostcrawler and headed for the 'fog' thinking I would avoid being fired at and get a few shots back at the gc.  I got my fleet into the fog and was waiting for the gc to turn away but it didn't, it started firing at me in the fog.  To be clear I wasn't on the fringe of the fog i was at least 3 ships deep into it.   

So the question is how can a ship outside the fog see me and fire on me if the fog is designed to stop that??

There are only two ways to be shot at when you are in the fog.
    1. You are being seen by an enemy Hull with Hunter.  They can see into the fog and give vision to nearby allies.
    2. They followed you into the Fog.  Enemies who enter the Fog CAN see you in the Fog (and you can see them).
    Think of the Fog as a 1-way mirror that only Hunters can see through.

Read the guide guys, all enemy subs surface when approached, like they did in the scourage blockades. You will be able to hit them. The ghostcrawler didnt say it surfaces when approached, but it also doesnt say it will be submerged. The picture shows it surfaced, and since the old ghostcrawler never surfaces, this one is designed differently, I bet it is always surfaced. Also, among the list of ship weaknesses, it lists anti-missile cms. So I very much doubt there will be corrosive rockets and penetrating torpedos. Just get into your heads, the scourge refitted their submarines to fight assault style, if that makes it easier to understand. I for one am thinking this will be a lot of fun with very different mechanics than the previous assault raids I have seen. Stop complaining and wait and see what it is like guys.
    I sure hope we don't let you down.  We're really trying to do something interesting and fun with this one... fingers crossed we nail it!
    WrongThinker:   The game guide very specifically notes and I quote:   If you retreat into a Fog Bank, enemies chasing you are likely to not want to incur the damage of being shot by you without being able to return fire and will likely retreat

Your #1 and your #2 are junk.   Fix it.
  • Dan Gibson
    Dan Gibson
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 527
    what is a good build for the skyfire carrier for this raid?
    none will work without massive damage

• SAS_UK
    SAS_UK
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2017 Posts: 39
    Played for 2 yeares and it has taken me this long to realise playing this game is a really big mistake. Kixeye have a right to earn monies to fund the game but they take it to the extreme of sanity, the game is a total rip off and I wouldn't recommend it to my worse enemy. you need to get your priorities right Kixeye before you have nobody left to pay the bills. This is the worse raid event I have seen so far no matter the build or the piloting skills all value targets cost a fortune and only blitzing gains points and that is an astronomical cost to even do that; no time to complete fleets before they are made obsolete. Game sucks to be honest.
  • Jorge Principe
    Jorge Principe
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 5
    A good game for everyone. I just wanted to inform you that KIX wants to kill BP or reduce the Game to get a few thousand players with great economic power and a lot of free time. After 7 years of playing, I'm going to quit. Our fleets are taking longer and more and more disadvantages with the Targets !! this made BP a painful job instead of fun. I'm going to leave ...
  • azz123
    azz123
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 27
    yes i agree with you no fun any more to expensive and flts soon become out dated and useless on the verge of deleting the game myself
  • tonymncs59
    tonymncs59
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 67

NEMESIS X

The Nemesis X is a fast-moving Hull, that can kite its enemies much more easily than the Saturn using its Penetrative-based Missiles.  However, it trades out durability for this benefit. Because of its lower defenses, if you want to maximize your success with the Nemesis X, you’ll have to think on your feet and strike when the opportunity is right.

At Upgrade Level 2, the Nemesis X gains its signature Nemesis Mine Layer built-in weapon, allowing the Nemesis X to lay devastating traps for approaching enemy Hulls.

• Upgrade Level 1: Bonus Combat Speed Aura for all Nemesis Xs.

• Upgrade Level 2: Unlocks the Nemesis Mine Layer built-in Weapon.

• Upgrade Level 3: Bonus Penetrative Damage

We really hope you enjoy the upcoming season, Captains, and look forward to your thoughts and feedback!

-WT
    Lead Design

So i have to earn the New Hull and then i need to earn more points to get the upgrades to get the New Hull perform adequately in the raid
    Warriors
  • Smoky420
    Smoky420
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 269
    It still seems like nothing has changed. Last year it was we had to build 2 fleets eventhough we were told we didn't need to. Now its like we still need to build 2 fleets but in this case its the fleet and the upgrade. One fleet + upgrade takes as long as 2 fleets when  we have been complaining for years about build times and overloaded shipyards. JUST WHEN does kix expect us to build all these ships we need? I still haven't had time to finish the last assault ships that I got last year ( proto apollo) and now we are about to start the next round of assault ships. 
    Don't even bother with Apollo / Proto Apollo, I just built Gutspills and Skyfires x4 with Polistes UAV, and they are dead after just 4 of the lowest tier bases, you NEED tier 7 or better, don't waste time on old obsolete stuff
    BP's: BC (R10), Mercury (R10)  Baracuda (R9) Goliath (R8) Hellhound, Kodiak (R3) Mastodon, NC (R4), Enforcer, Triton (R4), V2-h, Crusader, Atlas Carrier, Valkyrie Carrier, Artemis 
  • greg howard
    greg howard
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2014 Posts: 15
    how heavy will the CIC's be
    Great question.  They will have ZERO weight.

I would be ashamed to post this as a strategy guide.
    Why?  Genuinely curious.
    Genuinely Curious? shows how pitifully stupid kixeye team realy is. Not once seen any post that offers strategy or hope. Only a guide to becoming poor. Congrats Kixeye and thank you, You've finally broken my terrible habit of playing this game. A game with the poorest performance ive ever been a part of, the worst graphics i've ever been a part of, and the most expensive game i can possibly imagine. The only thing kixeye has going for them at this point, is the fact that the game was once a very innovative concept and that a lot of people are still addicts tha
  • Alexa the BAE
    Alexa the BAE
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 600

Fog Banks (Environment)

Assault Targets now include Fog Banks.  Anything outside a Fog Bank can not target anything inside the Fog Bank, even when what is inside the Fog Bank is shooting them!  If you retreat into a Fog Bank, enemies chasing you are likely to not want to incur the damage of being shot by you without being able to return fire and will likely retreat.  Leverage Fog Banks to avoid being detected, lay traps, or escape pursuing enemies.

NO... everything hits me there

kennethtancy said:

you did mention countermeasure... but you prob do know we have anti missile, anti mort, anti rockets, anti uav and anti torp... so which?

we have seen in your context a projectile can deal a diff type of damage... ie a missile dealing non penetrative dmg  in leigon colony baseparts target etc.

so if your ghostcrawler is shooting rockets that deal corrosive dmg... what countermeasure? sprint? 

if your daggertooth is shooting torps that deal penetrative damage... what countermeasure? anti torp? anti missile?
    I have the fancy limited anti missile. Occasionally they fire "at" missiles but never hit any.
    GIANT WASTE

"a computer once beat me at chess but it was no match for me at kick boxing"
  • Nikkels5555
    Nikkels5555
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 8
    So I built the saturn hull thinking it was more of a blitz fleet, that it would suppress or defend vs the pen attack, leaving it critical to protect against  corrosive attacks, however i suffer far more damage from missles than i do scatters. I would have thought perhaps KIX would have fitted this hull with a special anti turret that would perform a bit better vs missles, balancing out the fleets a bit. The clear winner in this raid is the nemx and his friends. #saturnsonforthescapyard
    just another disappointed fool...btw...where the heck are the tips and tricks for the hulls
  • Mike_Tranded
    Mike_Tranded
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2014 Posts: 23
    I always find the first RAID of a cycle a waste of time :( I have 3 fully ranked Saturn's fully fitted except one armour each (albeit I daresay the design needs some tweaking) and I am doubtful I will even get the 5 assault fleet build tokens - which is less than I would get doing FM in the first day being 6 any class build tokens (the Elite has paid out more than 3 once since the beginning so I always count that as 3) I have to build Saturn's first because I cannot rely on driving with lag, but I can only do one 80 at a time (first one destroys one hull whichever leads), and sometimes I get a second to complete a set (with the remaining two) I will probably sit this one out, grind a little with my uprated Manticores and leave my flagship building in the background till next weeks FM :(
  • Max Thornton
    Max Thornton
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 951
    I 'm just going to go for the ships I can kill in the fog and leave the rest of the target trashed for the next player. Sorry, but this is how it goes when you can only build a couple of ships before the raid. I used to hate it when people did that. Now I'm going to be one of them. :)

• bullfrog99
    bullfrog99
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 99
    My question is simple, why are upgrades NOT in the retrofit lab where they belong?  17 days for a good eradicator build, then another 10 days to up upgrade and refit fleet?  that's 27 days per ship...raid is only 3 month cycle.....is this some type of common core math that people dont understand?
    yep I am with you 
    so many older options they have not been up to speed on crews witch they really did not do much for now ,  they have modules they put up for one ship or the other but we have seen nothing in a way of upgrades on tactical lab they keep steering away from the stuff they had in place probably because the math there using

• mdbeaner
    mdbeaner
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 22
    this is a a myth fog doesn't stop anything, 2phal4 and 2 msd3 dont shoot a **** missile down 1 shot from ghostcrawler and boom 1 dead boat this is the most un fun raid ever  
  • Fredgert2
    Fredgert2
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2017 Posts: 84
    WrongT said they were trying for interesting & fun - so far so very wrong, I got 1 nem built so far so can only do 60's - & I'm top 30 on sector leader board with under 2 mill points - guess I'm not the only one getting bored fast. I'm glad I'm busy most of the w/end with work & family. PS It's way too expensive to coin enough points to be worth the effort & blitzing is way outside my budget.
  • bullfrog99
    bullfrog99
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 99
    the problem here is we all make normal wages the kix guys make 6 figures incomes 

• Yabanut
    Yabanut
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 302
    My thoughts on the Upgrade Kits is that it replaces the Proto Hulls that came out last year and required shipyard time (never completed any of mine.....lol), but this year we are also doing 4 raid cycles, so less shipyard time available for refits, get build right 1st time or suffer ! such as only 2 slots on Nemesis for Counters/Standard (weapon), rest being Standard only. caught me out when i was building with 1 weapon for ranking, then needing to replace with a countermeasure, why just leave all the slots the same, then upto player what they put where ?
  • Michael Mueller
    Michael Mueller
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2018 Posts: 3
    I think with the lag they have one sever for all there games. I keep getting a box pop up and and says connecting to server. I have Fios and have highest connectio
  • robert.labree
    robert.labree
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 84
    As far as a saturn being able to take on a ghost crawler, ever since they took the thermal off the GC it is not hard to kill. I finally got the GC and it took alot to get it but it had thermal on it when I did get it. After I get it kix just takes the thermal off of a fleet I bought with thermal on it, does this seem very wrong to anyone? This stuff needs to stop :(
  • Chief_Barney
    Chief_Barney
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 415
    Dear KIX, 2 hulls types plus upgrades is well typical, like the government saying transparency.
  • TomBrooklyn
    TomBrooklyn
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 2,743
    kennethtancy said:  ...what damage are the specific ships dealing out to our saturn/nemX?...
    ... you'll have the Battle Reports feature for the April Raid...
    What is a Battle Report?      Where and when can one find it?   Is this something new this month, or how long has it been produced?

• mark.matthews.94
    mark.matthews.94
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 847
    kennethtancy said:  ...what damage are the specific ships dealing out to our saturn/nemX?...
    What is a Battle Report?      Where and when can one find it?   Is this something new this month, or how long has it been produced?
    I think it will be worth a little more when you start upgrading / refitting your boats - right now, with the first run of this raid, it doesnt take a genius to see what kind of damage you are taking. Thats all Im getting out of this anyway. If you look at the damage dealt by the Nem to the target, you will see one long red line beside penetrating - no kidding - when all you have is missiles on the boats then this is all you should be seeing. As far as the damage dealt to me by the enemy - kix was right - corrosive and penetrative - The only way that these reports will be worth anything is by saving them in screen shots, changing your boats, then comparison with older ones that you saved. I, for one, am not really getting a whole lot of use out of it. just saying. 
  • biz-bozz-187
    biz-bozz-187
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2018 Posts: 3
    hi . Q: Will it be Repair (slower and less damaging) in the latest update or not ! There is a great laziness in all sector Through the latest update ? 
    I see a group of high-level players stop the player and did not participate in the event !!

• butch.malloch
    butch.malloch
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 3
    kixeye must not be reading these posts. or they just donr care. but its my credit card not theres and im not using for a while. even tho ihave used it alot lately. a good for me. first raid i have not been able to do in a long time. i guess my 4 or 5 hundred bucks  a month will be missed by kixeye

• Gene Lord
    Gene Lord
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 108
    saiint.K said:
    I see that you are introducing yet more chores to upgrade these hulls and others. When are any of you going to listen to the players are start reducing chores as pretty much all of us have been asking you to do for ages now ??? Start listening, employ someone with common sense or keep losing players. It really is that simple.
    way to listen to the players Kix More chores less time?if you change nothing it does NO Good to "Listen"

• boz II
    boz II
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 47
    can anyone explain in more detail what these upgrades will require in days and kits needed per level for nemesis x and arc nemesis
  • Dimo Valev
    Dimo Valev
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 5
    I think it will be worth a little more when you start upgrading / refitting your boats - right now, with the first run of this raid, it doesnt take a genius to see what kind of damage you are taking. Thats all Im getting out of this anyway. If you look at the damage dealt by the Nem to the target, you will see one long red line beside penetrating - no kidding - when all you have is missiles on the boats then this is all you should be seeing. As far as the damage dealt to me by the enemy - kix was right - corrosive and penetrative - The only way that these reports will be worth anything is by saving them in screen shots, changing your boats, then comparison with older ones that you saved. I, for one, am not really getting a whole lot of use out of it. just saying. 
    This is all good IF Kixeye stopped constantly changing the targets. I can bet the next raid will be with different stats and damage, we've seen this happen MANY MANY times and especially lately. So the battle report is something nice ONLY IF they just stop messing around, if they change this "money money money" approach and let us play.
    I said it before, I will repeat it again: If next raid I am not able to perform well with my fully built/upgraded/equipped Saturns, I will quit in a spectacular way, scraping bases and hulls in a video and will put it online to haunt them (in case they care).

• Hawaii12
    Hawaii12
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 194
    My question is simple, why are upgrades NOT in the retrofit lab where they belong?  17 days for a good eradicator build, then another 10 days to up upgrade and refit fleet?  that's 27 days per ship...raid is only 3 month cycle.....is this some type of common core math that people dont understand?
    Yes. the Kix Math is Simple......   17 days + 10 days = 27 days divided by 3000 coins = Ready for the Raid. 
This discussion has been closed.