Assault Cycle Strategy Guide

• rckilla
    rckilla
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 49
    bunch of whining about something u dont even know about yet... i spend very very little on this game and keep up just fine, its gonna be the same as always... if your good at the game u figure it out and whether its cic's or a tac or certain counters or tricky driving... whatever it is the good players figure it out and make it work, and everyone else cries about it and wants everything just give to them, learn the game and you will be fine.. if u suck at the game just stop crying about it! im not sure about all this right now either but at the start of a new cycle... its ALWAYS like this... nobody really knows what its gonna be, end of the day i have figured it out everytime, so i will assume i will figure it out again! closing point... stop your whining!!!! :)
  • T00T
    T00T
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,583

Saturn

The Saturn is a bruiser.  This Hull is much slower than the Nemesis X, but also much tougher.  It favors Corrosive-based Scatterguns and is extremely auto-friendly, being able to take the Ghostcrawler in a head-to-head battle.

-WT

Are you saying that autoing with the Saturn will actually WORK?
  • cstanton7
    cstanton7
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 5
    As far as the upgrades go, I wan't able to get the ones for the eradicators this time. The first round in prize pack 1 destroyed my eradicator fleet. My fleet is legendary level & flag is still at hunter 4. So I need a lot more specific answers on builds. 
  • HonorStorm2
    HonorStorm2
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2018 Posts: 76
    In Targets will be ships/turrets with long range and splash damage ?

Hyper-30 needed?
  • punkies
    punkies
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 3
    is wish that kix would fix the lag in this game. i get kill b4 i can join the battle because of it. push join it takes almost 1 min b4 i c my flt
    that also happens to me too....lol

• Silver Stefaans
    Silver Stefaans
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2018 Posts: 440
    so, my question is, which hull is capable of taking the least damage, assuming they are driven by expert pilots? The saturn obviously has better defenses, but if it is slower and less damaging, it would take the same amount of damage I would think. I need to finish a couple other ships, so I am only building one fleet, I dont want to make the mistake I did with skirmish again, I built razors, only to find out that bat rays were far better. We just need more information about the behavior of the ships and I would also like to know how hard it will be to get to the penetrative boost buildings. Maybe asking a bit much, but it is information I really need if you are offering two hulls and upgrades.
    The targets are tuned for two different hulls, meaning at some point your hull of choice is going to take heavy damage. We will have to wait for some Samaritan coiners to show us which works best :smiley:

WT you lied about not needing both hulls, shame on you mate. Unless of course you create 2 different targets, one for each ship, but that is not how I read your strategic explanation.
  • WarKasts1QuitFedUp
    WarKasts1QuitFedUp
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2017 Posts: 17
    As stated before about hull upgrades, it is very very obvious from this post that you can no longer have the best hull/weapon/tech, you will HAVE to do the hull upgrades in order to stay competitive and do the top tier targets.  Who has the time and resources to do the hull upgrades when we have two fleets to build in a three month cycle.  Get real Kixeye.
    It seems as us little players cant take part again level 48 an still never been able to take part in a raid.
  • devilsreject971
    devilsreject971
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,276
    ashwolf said:
    What kind of escaped mental patients is Kixeye hiring these days? You've taken logical progression of certain enemy/weapon types and thrown it out the window. Subs firing torpedoes that cause penetrative, not concussive, damage? If you expect players to fall in with this line of BS, you need to give us access to the same drugs you are taking.
    How so? The targets are for assault, which deal corrosive and penetrative damage... we've had several other weapons that deal multiple types of damage now for some time...

• WrongThinker
    WrongThinker
    BP Game Team
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,712
    so, my question is, which hull is capable of taking the least damage, assuming they are driven by expert pilots? The saturn obviously has better defenses, but if it is slower and less damaging, it would take the same amount of damage I would think. I need to finish a couple other ships, so I am only building one fleet, I dont want to make the mistake I did with skirmish again, I built razors, only to find out that bat rays were far better. We just need more information about the behavior of the ships and I would also like to know how hard it will be to get to the penetrative boost buildings. Maybe asking a bit much, but it is information I really need if you are offering two hulls and upgrades.
    The Nemesis X is the Tactical Hull, meaning: it is going to reward skilled pilots MORE than Saturn (it's also less forgiving).  The Saturn is the Strategic Hull, meaning: it's going to reward customization more than the Nemesis X.  Having said that, you can pilot either and customize both, but if you like piloting your Hull, I recommend the Nemesis X.

As for which gets stuff for lower repair, that's up to you.  If you're better at piloting than customizing, then the Nem X will get you lower repairs.  If you're better at customizing than piloting, then you'll get lower repairs with the Saturn.  If you're equally good at both then you could probably go either way.

The targets are tuned for two different hulls, meaning at some point your hull of choice is going to take heavy damage. We will have to wait for some Samaritan coiners to show us which works best :smiley:

WT you lied about not needing both hulls, shame on you mate. Unless of course you create 2 different targets, one for each ship, but that is not how I read your strategic explanation.
    The Tier 8 Targets will be full accessible by both Hulls.

There will be two different Tier 9 targets.  One will be tougher for your hull of choice and one will be easier.  So, the total repair bill will be the same for both.  That's the idea.  Either Hull is equally viable overall.

No lies here.

ashwolf said:
    What kind of escaped mental patients is Kixeye hiring these days? You've taken logical progression of certain enemy/weapon types and thrown it out the window. Subs firing torpedoes that cause penetrative, not concussive, damage? If you expect players to fall in with this line of BS, you need to give us access to the same drugs you are taking.
    The goal is to create something fun and fair.

Take for example the Daggertooth.  We have a sub that is forced to surface when its enemies get near it, rendering its submersion far less useful.  Why would we give ourselves a disadvantage like this when we didn't have to?  The answer is: the goal is creating a fun and fair experience, and we'll break rules to do it if we have to.  Sometimes we break a rule that gives us and advantage, sometimes a disadvantage.  Whatever is necessary for fun and fair.

That said, the subs fire missiles, not torpedoes.

No BS here.
    is wish that kix would fix the lag in this game. i get kill b4 i can join the battle because of it. push join it takes almost 1 min b4 i c my flt
    Our upcoming focus is on the lag people experience on the World Map, where the worst of it is at the moment.  Hopefully within the next month or two we'll get some improvements there.

So the upgrades make the newest hulls better.....further pushing last years hulls into oblivion and thus ensuring that each hull has a very short life span...

Not liking it....

Echo the question though regarding subs and the Nemesis and lack of sonar/thermal.... 
    Every year, during the seasonal rotation, we release new Hulls.  The new Hulls are better than the old hulls.  Nothing is changing.  While it's true you'll have an extremely hard time hitting a Tier 9 target with your Tier 7 Hull, a difference of 2 Tiers has always been pretty significant and the lifespan of a Hull has NOT changed (and we have no intention of shortening the life span of a Hull).

We're actually talking internally about ways to increase the value of your Hulls (more on this another time).

Game Design Ninja
    KIXEYE
  • SandmanGTS
    SandmanGTS
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 51
    After reading all that, I still got no idea which one to get, lol
  • The Qing
    The Qing
    Master Tactician
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 2,420
    One thing you should consider is that the Saturn will probably need to be fully built and armored to do well, since damage is harder to reduce with driving. The Nem X will probably do better without armor. Knowing Kixeye has a very awful habit of not giving you enough time to get a fleet ready for raid, there are two ways to go about doing this:

1. Buy the Saturn first. You probably wont do well for first raid, since very likely your fleet cannot be finished, but by second raid you will be on solid footing. You can then proceed to build the Nem X without armor, and use that fleet, not as a main fleet, but as a secondary fleet to cover the Saturn's shortcomings.

2. Buy the Nem first. They are highly likely to do better than the Saturn without armor if Wrongthinker's words are anything to go by, but you will probably struggle to get a Saturn fleet ready by cycle's end. This means that while the Nems are super good at what they do, when you'd rather have a Saturn fleet you wont have a fully built one to use.
    Playing this game is like trying to row a boat up a waterfall.
  • boz II
    boz II
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 47
    T00T said:

Saturn

The Saturn is a bruiser.  This Hull is much slower than the Nemesis X, but also much tougher.  It favors Corrosive-based Scatterguns and is extremely auto-friendly, being able to take the Ghostcrawler in a head-to-head battle.

-WT

Are you saying that autoing with the Saturn will actually WORK?
    seems like both hulls in a fleet would be strong  fleet like bats and razors worker in skirmish cycle
  • trickydicky
    trickydicky
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 17
    how heavy will the CIC's be
  • Pete Kuzda
    Pete Kuzda
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2019 Posts: 8
    I would be ashamed to post this as a strategy guide.
  • WrongThinker
    WrongThinker
    BP Game Team
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,712
    how heavy will the CIC's be
    Great question.  They will have ZERO weight.

I would be ashamed to post this as a strategy guide.
    Why?  Genuinely curious.
    Game Design Ninja
    KIXEYE
  • KillerChrome7
    KillerChrome7
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 392
    Hiya Wrongthinker,
    How will the level 2 upgrade for the nemesis X work?  
    -I did have the artemis hull. The mines from there acted like slow moving drones, with a 4 mine limit per hull. These mines also had an ammo limit and repair time to reload them. Will this upgrade increase my repair time overall? 
    -These drones/mines were also released upon entering combat making them hard to use tactically. Has the mechanic been altered?
    -Cuttlefish

• Duckyyy
    Duckyyy
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 1,953
    Linda_K73 said:

Nice that the CUCs are free with the Upgrade.

NICE??  LOL, you really are nieve bro.....they give you stuff but the time it takes to build puts you so far behind that it isn't worth the trouble!!!  And now they are double and tripling build times, but **they** call it upgrades.....WHAT A JOKE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kixeye has been screwing us since the last big player Klexit (Kix - leave/EXIT) when they sold us hulls that were immediately NERFED within less than a month!!!  Kix now calls it balancing, but it's nothing more than fraud.  They can't make themselves change to a player oriented game since they have too many employees working on this now from the time they changed from having raids every three months to MONTHLY RAIDS and then they blame THE PLAYERS FOR WANTING MORE AND MORE POWERFUL FLEETS, but it's KIx that is releasing the hulls, so again, they are just lying to us because they HAVE TO HAVE fleets with longer build times TO GET THE WHALES TO SPEND SPEND SPEND, when they just told us less than 6 months ago that they were really going to cut hull build times....what a FARSE;  the short build times lasted maybe 3 months AND NOW the times have begun to CLIMB AGAIN!!!!!

Even with COINING, I'm so far behind now it ain't even funny!!!  When my gold runs out.....I'M DONE LETTING THEM SCREW ME!!!!!!!!!!  

Genuine question here, not trolling or anything.

What you described was happening when I last played, around 2-3 years ago. Why are some people thinking it will change? Why do some people spend expecting change? It's been "Kix chasing the whales" for years and I can't see it changing.

All non-coiners and small coiners can do is keep progressing. I rarely spend but I keep trying to just progress. Right now i'm way behind but if I can get a hull of future raids, future FM or map targets, i'll see progress and that's good enough for me.

I'm not saying what Kix do is fair, is right etc but at the end of the day they're a business and if people are willing to keep spending, why would they change? Kix won't change, players can either spend to keep up, spend to progress, spend nothing and progress slowly or quit. Spending money and expecting Kix  to change won't happen.
This discussion has been closed.