Discord news #10- the Raise of defense

Adel-Tech
Adel-Tech
WC Mod
Joined Jan 2019 Posts: 2,071

Hi everyone and welcome to another one of my discord news posts, i apologize for my long absence 

but now im here so lets jump into the news  

Disclaimer: all shown features are subject to change until they are released in the game

1- CC15 is now in production phase with a ton of new stuff coming into the game that is focused to 

boost the player Base's defensive power 

2- Our defensive uniques (Judge and Kraken) are planned to get a new tech that changes the way their 

shooting works (big thanks to Filipe for giving me the kraken tech related picture)

3- I'm sure some of you are wondering if we will get the range bonus for the lancer in holdout and the 

answer is no

4- The new corpus unit that is coming in March is planned to be an Aircraft

And that is the end of the post thank you everyone for taking the time to read this post and i hope that 

you are looking forward to CC15 as much as iam 

See you guys in the next news post, take care

the most dangerous commanders are those who you know nothing about

Useful Links: Discord , YouTube

• Russell_D50
    Russell_D50
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 54
    sorry but units we have payed and work hard for have been reduced in range and fire rate that shot the **** out of and you are giving as what  lol
  • Adel-Tech
    Adel-Tech
    WC Mod

@Russell_D50 said:
    sorry but units we have payed and work hard for have been reduced in range and fire rate that shot the **** out of and you are giving as what  lol

Sorry but I don’t understand what you’re saying

• Russell_D50
    Russell_D50
    Potential Threat
    also why is kixeye controlling my toons   why is care taker running away from my ojugg giving me much more repairs and my toons running to battle when i fire at a wall i payed good money for what  fix this good game bring it back to what it was 7 years ago , res why so hard for every day things lol

• Adel-Tech
    Adel-Tech
    WC Mod

@Russell_D50 said:
    also why is kixeye controlling my toons   why is care taker running away from my ojugg giving me much more repairs and my toons running to battle when i fire at a wall i payed good money for what  fix this good game bring it back to what it was 7 years ago , res why so hard for every day things lol

The caretaker issue is difficult to fix for a couple unknown reasons

As for the res bases, they have been updated so that people don’t need to hit a lot of res bases to fill up resulting in a less time grinding res

• Russell_D50
    Russell_D50
    Potential Threat
    sorry for the prob but tryed everything send coin to put ticket in that never get fixed , high end play dont seem to have the same prob guess thats the way it is these days just seem that way well sorry just after 7 plus year things mite change for the better for all not just some thanks 
    RUSTY 
  • Adel-Tech
    Adel-Tech
    WC Mod

@Russell_D50 said:
    sorry for the prob but tryed everything send coin to put ticket in that never get fixed , high end play dont seem to have the same prob guess thats the way it is these days just seem that way well sorry just after 7 plus year things mite change for the better for all not just some thanks 
    RUSTY 

Im not sure why you are bringing this topic but this isn’t the place for it so please take to somewhere else

• Avireous
    Avireous
    WC Mod
    Joined Apr 2018 Posts: 1,636

Good job, you deserve a cup of coffee.

On other note, concentrating the damage streams of the Kraken into one would be very interesting.

Barb Wire and other planned obstacles would be interesting, although they should be added a long time ago since its the staple of any military game. Barb Wire and Dragon's Teeth, I'm looking foward for them.

For the new Corpus air, I think its gonna be a damage based VTOL, possibly dubbed the Phoenix.

Again, great job and well done.

War Commander Community Moderator ●︎ War Commander WIKI Administrator

| War Commander Browser: Useful Resources -> | Submit A Ticket | Report A Player | WC Official Discord | WC WIKI
  • Adel-Tech
    Adel-Tech
    WC Mod

@Sasuke970 said:
    Good job, you deserve a cup of coffee.

On other note, concentrating the damage streams of the Kraken into one would be very interesting.

Barb Wire and other planned obstacles would be interesting, although they should be added a long time ago since its the staple of any military game. Barb Wire and Dragon's Teeth, I'm looking foward for them.

For the new Corpus air, I think its gonna be a damage based VTOL, possibly dubbed the Phoenix.

Again, great job and well done.

Thanks bud appreciate it

• Adel-Tech
    Adel-Tech
    WC Mod

One more thing I forgot to mention is that march marks the beginning of prophet bases so get your darkstorm parts while you can

• Essayon
    Essayon
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 1,303
    Hey Adel, thanks as always for the info. 

So hopefully kix will see this, I think the "obstacle buildings" and the like are an awesome idea. What we don't need is more new functioning buildings OR the attack/defense ratio going down. Giving different kinds of turrets separate functions is key to this on many, many levels.

The content of WC in general w/new turrets will be basically perfect.  A-W-E-S-O-M-E !!!   But there's a catch.

<picks up mike>

THE KEY TO WAR COMMANDER IS IT ALL HAS TO WORK!!!! Think of a Dodge Demon (quickest mass-produced car ever) but with no wheels. AWESOME engine, BULLETPROOF drivetrain, but if they forgot the dang wheels...

It sounds far fetched for such a basic thing to be overlooked until you realize WC has almost no new players. Such an analogy is not unlike WC. With no new players, WC is just sitting there spinning and going nowhere. Imagine being able to retain new players like the old ones have stayed. A reliable game engine, a tutorial, crippling glitches fixed. Not the latter two. Not 90% of it.  IT ALL NEEDS TO BE BUILT OR NONE OF IT WILL WORK!!! FIX IT BEFORE SOMEONE ELSE INVENTS THE GAME THAT DOES!!!!!

<drop the mike>
  • Tagoot
    Tagoot
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2018 Posts: 61
    If they don't separate the defense platform upgrades and assign them to defense lab upgrades we will never be able to catch up

• Adel-Tech
    Adel-Tech
    WC Mod

@Essayon said:
    Hey Adel, thanks as always for the info. 

So hopefully kix will see this, I think the "obstacle buildings" and the like are an awesome idea. What we don't need is more new functioning buildings OR the attack/defense ratio going down. Giving different kinds of turrets separate functions is key to this on many, many levels.

The content of WC in general w/new turrets will be basically perfect.  A-W-E-S-O-M-E !!!   But there's a catch.

THE KEY TO WAR COMMANDER IS IT ALL HAS TO WORK!!!! Think of a Dodge Demon (quickest mass-produced car ever) but with no wheels. AWESOME engine, BULLETPROOF drivetrain, but if they forgot the dang wheels...

It sounds far fetched for such a basic thing to be overlooked until you realize WC has almost no new players. Such an analogy is not unlike WC. With no new players, WC is just sitting there spinning and going nowhere. Imagine being able to retain new players like the old ones have stayed. A reliable game engine, a tutorial, crippling glitches fixed. Not the latter two. Not 90% of it.  IT ALL NEEDS TO BE BUILT OR NONE OF IT WILL WORK!!! FIX IT BEFORE SOMEONE ELSE INVENTS THE GAME THAT DOES!!!!!

Glad you have found these information helpful and you are excited for them, thing is there is new blood coming back into the game in the form of two player types

1-returning players
    2-new players

They aren’t in big numbers but there are new players coming into the game and once the html5 port is completed we can expect a marketing campaign to atract even more new players

I have faith that this game is coming back and I hope you and some of the other players are feeling the same way

• Russell_D50
    Russell_D50
    Potential Threat
    obviously
    what i say got nothing to do with anything  ,time give the give the game away  7 year  got nothing to do with it if you dont want long time player to play this game ,the old way then i ll stop playing  ,up too you things just  getting out of hand things you play for change not what you play for at the start so you change how can we plain anything it disheartened to say the lest  i dont why i am doing this nothing changes
     thanks Rusty

• insideoutside
    insideoutside
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 1,085
    Adel-Tech said:

@Russell_D50 said:
    RUSTY 

Im not sure why you are bringing this topic but this isn’t the place for it so please take to somewhere else

Im sure this is a frustration rant here.And cant say i dont blame him.Thinking maybe he would get some answers or better feedback posting here on this thread.Although it is off topic for the thread.
  • Adel-Tech
    Adel-Tech
    WC Mod

@cyberhype said:
    Adel-Tech said:

@Russell_D50 said:

RUSTY 

Im sure this is a frustration rant here.And cant say i dont blame him.Thinking maybe he would get some answers or better feedback posting here on this thread.Although it is off topic for the thread.

Which is why this isn’t a post to rant this is a post for expressing opinions on the news I have posted

• Delphinus
    Delphinus
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 1,349
    Survivors really need a fixed wing, bone saws are just to old now.
  • Battle208
    Battle208
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 476
    only new players coming into the game are alts ....The game is way to hard for new players to get anywhere  
  • Adel-Tech
    Adel-Tech
    WC Mod

@Delphinus said:

Gunships are fixed wing aircraft and are decent atm

• Adel-Tech
    Adel-Tech
    WC Mod

@Battle208 said:
    only new players coming into the game are alts ....The game is way to hard for new players to get anywhere  

You would be surprised how many new players are joining the game

As I said not a lot but there is new blood in the game

• wcp_hani
    wcp_hani
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,173
    I would love the new corpus air to be a similar remake of the Meteors kixeye used in the Heatwave events.
  • Delphinus
    Delphinus
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 1,349
    Adel-Tech said:

@Delphinus said:

Yeh i didnt mean fixed wing at all, i meant a chopper like the envoy , or a VTOL like the sphynx
  • thomas.green.35175
    thomas.green.35175
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 138
    I guess we'll have to wait and see the new turrets, but any response to Raptor spamming technique so popular these days?
  • Adel-Tech
    Adel-Tech
    WC Mod

@thomas.green.35175 said:
    I guess we'll have to wait and see the new turrets, but any response to Raptor spamming technique so popular these days?

The current technique you can use is polly to scramble them as they come in but you must be online for it to be effective and it doesn’t make you immune to raptors but it definitely helps

• Adel-Tech
    Adel-Tech
    WC Mod

@Delphinus said:
    Adel-Tech said:

@Delphinus said:

Yeh i didnt mean fixed wing at all, i meant a chopper like the envoy , or a VTOL like the sphynx

Survivors are primarily infantry focused faction so always expect infantry units

• HELLionnnnnnnnnn
    HELLionnnnnnnnnn
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 626
    LOL, Adel is Chuggin the Kool-Aid, This game is dead when flash is over and Kixeye is not going to move it. Sorry if the truth hurts.
  • nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 5,855

they did not reduce the range merely fixed the number to show what it was actually using,

the alternative was keep the number at 750 on a unit with only 600 range, and if someone bothered to test it and found it wasnt 750 would you like to think that the stats were lying to you?

Put the CT on f command and unselect it from the controlled squad by shift clicking it, should resolve that

ive heard a kraken can help with that but i haven't personally seen how effective it is against them

though you can place essential buildings further apart from each-other possibly surrounded with walls or a cc sheild if you have one to require them to make more passes to get them all.

Image result for free to play vs pay to win gif

"the optimist looks up and loses his footing.
      the pessimist looks down and loses the path
      the strategist looks forward and adjusts accordingly" 
  • Adel-Tech
    Adel-Tech
    WC Mod

@HELLionnnnnnnnnn said:
    LOL, Adel is Chuggin the Kool-Aid, This game is dead when flash is over and Kixeye is not going to move it. Sorry if the truth hurts.

In this case enjoy the game while it lasts but don’t follow it when its ported to html5 ok ?

• Avireous
    Avireous
    WC Mod
    Joined Apr 2018 Posts: 1,636

@Adel-Tech said:

@HELLionnnnnnnnnn said:

In this case enjoy the game while it lasts but don’t follow it when its ported to html5 ok ?

People has mixed views about the phrase called "Dead Game", so try not to be suprised. :neutral:

War Commander Community Moderator ●︎ War Commander WIKI Administrator

| War Commander Browser: Useful Resources -> | Submit A Ticket | Report A Player | WC Official Discord | WC WIKI
  • thomas.green.35175
    thomas.green.35175
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 138
    Another question. Any tip on how much CC15 upgrade will cost?
  • nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 5,855
    Another question. Any tip on how much CC15 upgrade will cost?
    likely about 600-800 mil resources
    Image result for free to play vs pay to win gif

"the optimist looks up and loses his footing.
      the pessimist looks down and loses the path
      the strategist looks forward and adjusts accordingly"