basilisk here we go

• Templar614
    Templar614
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 14,354
    Question for a Mod I believe builtin counters don't receive benefits from specials will this mort be the same and only receive the range boost from the hull
    Built in countermeasures receive the benefit of hull bonuses and specials. That is the reason the Zelos was far superior as a CM tank in the FM last year. The hardmount mortar should be expected to be the same and be subject to any damage/range/reload/splash/etc. buffs that a normal weapon is subject to.
  • Templar614
    Templar614
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 14,354
    Jim_C407 said:
    would like a dev response on this one.... will we get more tiles to play with or will the range be sorted before release in 5 days,  i dont see this being a good thing do to having that massive range when alot of players setups are only 5-6 tiles from op do to lack of tiles to create more space. 120 range would be more acceptable but not 130s and up....
    As far as I am aware there is no intention of adding more land tiles or changing the base planner footprint with OP11.
  • James Leon
    James Leon
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,636
    Kind of getting excited to see  the new ships.  maybe this could break the  level 1000  fleet size.IMO it is kind of strange the way ships coming out. With the bounty  seemingly a permanent  event I would think that there would be a more rounded release of base defense items or maybe hull updates for things like sector targets. Conqueror hulls are fun  but it would be nice to see them not be the only focus of the game.
    ahava veshalom
  • Nick Heath
    Nick Heath
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 957
    edited 9 Feb 2019, 9:56PM
    yep its gonna kill the game, its not like we have subs or water born turrets for defence...
    Yea....you ll killl something that has 167 range that can shoot from outside (8 squares) the base and can have 4 DNs covering it...with subs and water based turrets....

LMAO.......
    lol, I have met wing, and can tell you,what he does is actually try and snipe attackers on the map......which is probably why he thinks the range is not a problem

Snoopy
  • wing-dang-doodle
    wing-dang-doodle
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 1,367
    yep its gonna kill the game, its not like we have subs or water born turrets for defence...
    Yea....you ll killl something that has 167 range that can shoot from outside (8 squares) the base and can have 4 DNs covering it...with subs and water based turrets....

LMAO.......
    lol, I have met wing, and can tell you,what he does is actually try and snipe attackers on the map......which is probably why he thinks the range is not a problem

sniping attackers, hmmm i thought that was part of the game, i obviously misunderstood what battle pirates is about
    you keep whining like me but we are still here, i love broken pixels, how about you
  • graeme.coates1
    graeme.coates1
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 48
    they will be within range of the new heavy turrents

• BattlePirate_BlackShark
    BattlePirate_BlackShark
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 2,256
    they will be within range of the new heavy turrents

Only, if they doesnt try to kill your OP from the backside from your base...but OOPS...they will exactly do that.
    BlackShark        Born in Sector 429

Decoding Pirateslangword "F.A.R.M." = Foolish Amateur Reaches Midgame
  • mosess777
    mosess777
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 263
    why new baser???
    for coin???
    to kill game that almost dead???
    to let low skills ppl feel good to shot from coast to coast???
    what we have now do great job.as a defense or to hit.
    why kix want ppl will leave the game?
  • mosess777
    mosess777
    Minor Nuisance
    Jim_C407 said:
    would like a dev response on this one.... will we get more tiles to play with or will the range be sorted before release in 5 days,  i dont see this being a good thing do to having that massive range when alot of players setups are only 5-6 tiles from op do to lack of tiles to create more space. 120 range would be more acceptable but not 130s and up....
    As far as I am aware there is no intention of adding more land tiles or changing the base planner footprint with OP11.
    yup.The brain is not the strong side of kix

• mosess777
    mosess777
    Minor Nuisance
    WT next big thing a atomic rocket that we can launch directly at a base and wipe it from the map no need to send fleet
    lol.
    bazuka on base ships and sager on island.

• stuzl873213
    stuzl873213
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 277
    FFS give us time to breathe.Not all of us coin fleets of new tech as soon as they get released and get bored a day later and need more new tech.
  • BattlePirate_BlackShark
    BattlePirate_BlackShark
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 2,256
    WT next big thing a atomic rocket that we can launch directly at a base and wipe it from the map no need to send fleet
    Sectornuke! It is called Sectornuke! To kill a whole sector, lol!  :D 
    BlackShark        Born in Sector 429

Decoding Pirateslangword "F.A.R.M." = Foolish Amateur Reaches Midgame
  • Awarding a prize that didn't, and technically still doesn't (until raid), exist for a Kixeye.com ****-up. [SDS7] memebrs should get a prize that existed then such as an extra limited transformer so they only had a weapon to get for it, typical kix crap.
  • DAWN LACHAPELLE
    DAWN LACHAPELLE
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 9
    Kix fix this mess fire who ever said it was ok to do. I have seen this crap in the past I have seen you let them go. I am telling you there is a rat among the crew KICK THEM OUT....Make it right for the rest of us. 
  • Carlos_DaPoof
    Carlos_DaPoof
    Master Tactician
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 2,102
    already threads on this....why another?
    " I see no solid discussion or argument. Just whining and name calling. You pose no reason or logic to back up your position and can't articulate a reason why "
  • kixeyeuser_1394586495028_100006477781723
    kixeyeuser_1394586495028_100006477781723
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 58
    this becoming concerning hows kixeye favors certain alliances i wonder if there trying to break the smaller alli,s maybe kix should have 3-5 alliance in total. break up the smallers groups. if you want to battle  you join one of the top 5 groups you may stand a chance to advance ,i mean kix did some very good things latley. ie base race 3 times last 6 months free bats to do hydra campains etc dont break the game please with a ship that will destroy bases with out entering .it throws out all the good things you done for us to catch up on base defence
  • "already threads on this....why another?" to merge it kix has to have seen it :-)  cause+effect
  • d.scott.hewitt
    d.scott.hewitt
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 3,179
    You forgot to add the pen/exp range extenders.....it's more....

And when applied to the special mort it's 167....lol

P.S. We will get more land tiles (probably limited...25mil each....LOL) after sds7 gets them....for free......LMAO
    Not sure of anything that extends the Range for the Morts, but I do not have everything memorized........

There 10 types of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
  • hanz heizer
    hanz heizer
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 1,006

P.S. We will get more land tiles (probably limited...25mil each....LOL) after sds7 gets them....for free......LMAO
    Not sure of anything that extends the Range for the Morts, but I do not have everything memorized........

explosive scope +9% for morts
  • d.scott.hewitt
    d.scott.hewitt
    Unicorn Overlord

explosive scope +9% for morts
    Oh, yeah. I forgot the Scopes. Didn't even think of the Conqueror specific stuff
  • Jim_C407
    Jim_C407
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 29
    i  dont think the devs thought of the scopes and range extenders either when they gave the hull built in versions

• InSidious_66
    InSidious_66
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 555
    Anyone know if the morts will be counterable or is it the same ol' ''uncounterable'' or ''x evasion'' [email protected]???????????????????????
    Live Long and Prosper
    - WitchKing (''Star Wars'' 1978)
  • d.scott.hewitt
    d.scott.hewitt
    Unicorn Overlord
    Anyone know if the morts will be counterable or is it the same ol' ''uncounterable'' or ''x evasion'' [email protected]???????????????????????
    It'll be listed on the Blueprints. So, we will know Tuesday or Wednesday.
  • ogrish
    ogrish
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 283
    If they aren't counterable, then all our ships and turrets that do that should just say, Sink here!
  • InSidious_66
    InSidious_66
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 555
    Too late then....

The ship will be out b4 that with sds7...
    Live Long and Prosper
    - WitchKing (''Star Wars'' 1978)
  • Toshiyuki Morikawa
    Toshiyuki Morikawa
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 562
    Too late then....

Except they aren't getting it until after the update, and notes for the update will be posted alongside it (if not before). Or, if you don't want to read the update notes, look in the shipyard right after the update.  It's almost like they put a little check box where you can take a look at unowned blueprints or something.
  • d.scott.hewitt
    d.scott.hewitt
    Unicorn Overlord
    Too late then....

With the new Weapon? I missed that part. I thought they got the Blueprint for the Ship itself, not the other stuff to go with it that is new......