Updated - Operation: Metamorphosis Unit Spotlight

• ED1204023
    ED1204023
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2018 Posts: 615
    nametagg0 said:
    ED1204023 said:
    nametagg0 said:
    Can't understand why they mattered in creating Tony... for me it is not very useful.
    was always going to be a sentinel hero this month, just of the 3 units sentinels had to choose from there wasn't much they could do to make a good hero.

realistically none of the 3 were going to be overly useful

was either 
    *the tony we are presented with
    *a seeker who would loose half his functionality in a gold tech, and would ultimately play second place to kyle in everything
    *a valient hero which i guess is a bit more shooty then a normal valient but would be almost always be replaced by oren or martin
    vallaint hero sustain damage you forgot about that but he wave burst damage at same time but its be very usefell aganist red lokust
    sure, in this one event they might do ok, but after that can you say you would ever use a valiant hero?
    yes because of health and armor up mode
  • nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 5,408
    ED1204023 said:
    nametagg0 said:
    ED1204023 said:
    nametagg0 said:
    Can't understand why they mattered in creating Tony... for me it is not very useful.
    was always going to be a sentinel hero this month, just of the 3 units sentinels had to choose from there wasn't much they could do to make a good hero.

was either 
    *a seeker who would loose half his functionality in a gold tech, and would ultimately play second place to kyle in everything
    *a valient hero which i guess is a bit more shooty then a normal valient but would be almost always be replaced by oren or martin
    vallaint hero sustain damage you forgot about that but he wave burst damage at same time but its be very usefell aganist red lokust
    sure, in this one event they might do ok, but after that can you say you would ever use a valiant hero?
    Where would you use it? as sharpshooters and drakons would bypass armored up

[sharpshooters due to their shot being the first to hit, thus hitting before it activates, drakons due to the same reason with plasma damage bypassing most armor] with their extremely high damage per shot [and the fact 2 are hitting you at the same time in most cases] they're likely to pretty much kill or come close to killing it before its even in range to bear arms.

and envoys are just as effective if not more effective against many of the things valients were designed for in terms of pve.
    and martin also has the benefit of having come out first so people will have more time to upgrade him then the valient hero
    Image result for free to play vs pay to win gif

"the optimist looks up and loses his footing.
      the pessimist looks down and loses the path
      the strategist looks forward and adjusts accordingly" 
  • ED1204023
    ED1204023
    Strike-force Captain
    nametagg0 said:
    ED1204023 said:
    nametagg0 said:
    ED1204023 said:
    nametagg0 said:

was either 

[sharpshooters due to their shot being the first to hit, thus hitting before it activates, drakons due to the same reason with plasma damage bypassing most armor] with their extremely high damage per shot [and the fact 2 are hitting you at the same time in most cases] they're likely to pretty much kill or come close to killing it before its even in range to bear arms.

and envoys are just as effective if not more effective against many of the things valients were designed for in terms of pve.
    and martin also has the benefit of having come out first so people will have more time to upgrade him then the valient hero
    you know any avalanche activate ability before sharpshooters wave chance to shoot and none confirmed valliant hero unique tallent do you understand?

• ED1204023
    ED1204023
    Strike-force Captain
    now know why lancer need to be infatary its a guy called romero
  • nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Unicorn Overlord
    ED1204023 said:
    nametagg0 said:
    ED1204023 said:
    nametagg0 said:
    ED1204023 said:
    nametagg0 said:

was either 

you know any avalanche activate ability before sharpshooters wave chance to shoot and none confirmed valliant hero unique tallent do you understand?

were not debating what the talent would have been.

in a watchtower sharpshooters get a range of 825 [levels 1-19] or ~860[level 20] which is longer then the 600 range that avalanche turrets get.
    would need a pretty lucky angle to get an avalanche to hit you before a sharpshooter does.

• ED1204023
    ED1204023
    Strike-force Captain
    edited 23 Jan 2019, 2:48AM
    nametagg0 said:
    ED1204023 said:
    nametagg0 said:
    ED1204023 said:
    nametagg0 said:
    ED1204023 said:
    nametagg0 said:

was either 

in a watchtower sharpshooters get a range of 825 [levels 1-19] or ~860[level 20] which is longer then the 600 range that avalanche turrets get.
    would need a pretty lucky angle to get an avalanche to hit you before a sharpshooter does.
    not alot lucky almost 70% of people put 1 turret outside of towers to deal damage and forgot the detail about raptors and mavericks deployed first. detail forgot about technicals the only thing can kill fast before active armor
  • nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Unicorn Overlord
    ED1204023 said:
    nametagg0 said:
    ED1204023 said:
    nametagg0 said:
    ED1204023 said:
    nametagg0 said:
    ED1204023 said:
    nametagg0 said:

was either 

raptors and mavericks deployed first. 
    wouldnt that be using a raptor and not a valient hero?

• ED1204023
    ED1204023
    Strike-force Captain
    nametagg0 said:
    ED1204023 said:
    nametagg0 said:
    ED1204023 said:
    nametagg0 said:
    ED1204023 said:
    nametagg0 said:
    ED1204023 said:
    nametagg0 said:

was either 

raptors and mavericks deployed first. 
    wouldnt that be using a raptor and not a valient hero?
    all deploy raptors or mavericks before any unit

• Mahmoud Mo'men
    Mahmoud Mo'men
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2016 Posts: 2

@CM_Burny said:
    1/22 Update: Due to some last minute changes, the Lancer no longer has a tear down duration, and will only have to setup once during a fight. The description has been updated accordingly.

Is it will be for defense only or it may be at attack plotoons???

• Sasuke970
    Sasuke970
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Apr 2018 Posts: 1,165

@Mahmoud Mo'men said:

@CM_Burny said:
    1/22 Update: Due to some last minute changes, the Lancer no longer has a tear down duration, and will only have to setup once during a fight. The description has been updated accordingly.

Is it will be for defense only or it may be at attack plotoons???

Lancer can be used for both attack and defense.

• Paki-Power
    Paki-Power
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 122
    I would love to get in the preview of the event, years before kixeye releases preview of every event and I use to get preview password but now i think they stopped. 

if they start again so we able to understand the strength of upcoming event so we can play batter in main event. 
  • TroyW
    TroyW
    WC Mod
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 3,774
    I would love to get in the preview of the event, years before kixeye releases preview of every event and I use to get preview password but now i think they stopped. 

if they start again so we able to understand the strength of upcoming event so we can play batter in main event. 
    I think ( I have NO INSIDE INFO ON THIS ) they stopped because a vast majority didn't use the Test Server for testing the event all they did was take advantage of the gold you had on it to run around and hit each others base and cause problems.

There was talk about maybe making the Test restricted to a select group of players ( I don't remember off hand if they did this for a while or not ) so that they could actually get feedback on the event. 

It was also mostly used as a test of the Event Mechanics, but now days the mechanics are pretty well set. The Faction Track System ( my name for it on the wiki ) has been the mechanic used for quite a while so there is no need to test. 

I know they usually are tweaking the units that will be released during the event right up to the start of the event so that also caused some problems if they happened to make a changed of the stats that was downward then EVERYONE freaked out even though they clearly stated that the units were not finalized.

Don't get me wrong.. I LOVED THE TEST SERVERS.. for me having that free 10k gold allowed me to gather a HUGE amount of Building and Unit stats for the wiki that I needed, but I can also see why they would start to consider the test servers as more trouble than they were worth. 

WAR COMMANDER WIKIA

Lead Administrator

• Paki-Power
    Paki-Power
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 122
    TroyW said:

I think ( I have NO INSIDE INFO ON THIS ) they stopped because a vast majority didn't use the Test Server for testing the event all they did was take advantage of the gold you had on it to run around and hit each others base and cause problems.

There was talk about maybe making the Test restricted to a select group of players ( I don't remember off hand if they did this for a while or not ) so that they could actually get feedback on the event. 

It was also mostly used as a test of the Event Mechanics, but now days the mechanics are pretty well set. The Faction Track System ( my name for it on the wiki ) has been the mechanic used for quite a while so there is no need to test. 

I know they usually are tweaking the units that will be released during the event right up to the start of the event so that also caused some problems if they happened to make a changed of the stats that was downward then EVERYONE freaked out even though they clearly stated that the units were not finalized.

Don't get me wrong.. I LOVED THE TEST SERVERS.. for me having that free 10k gold allowed me to gather a HUGE amount of Building and Unit stats for the wiki that I needed, but I can also see why they would start to consider the test servers as more trouble than they were worth. 
    I always give my inputs/feedbacks on preview server. Covert Ops was the name of that group where we were members to get preview server link and password detail with task briefing. 
  • insideoutside
    insideoutside
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 1,139

The lancer well b only AG are ?

Wouldnt hold my breath with this,have to wait and see what type of workshop tech comes out for it.
  • insideoutside
    insideoutside
    Incursion Leader
    nametagg0 said:
    ED1204023 said:
    nametagg0 said:

was either 
    About as much as i use oren lol.
  • insideoutside
    insideoutside
    Incursion Leader
    I sort of feel the same as you,but the dual auras might be enough to sell it.
  • insideoutside
    insideoutside
    Incursion Leader
    edited 24 Jan 2019, 2:39PM
    Range 600 with the cannon or without ? lol

600 range at lv 1, at max maybe lv 700 range
    If it does have 700 range at max level im sure there will be a drawback to make it less effective for us.Cant give us to much if any advantage now.
  • nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Unicorn Overlord
    cyberhype said:
    nametagg0 said:
    ED1204023 said:
    nametagg0 said:

was either 
    About as much as i use oren lol.
    how often is that?