My Fleet builds for a returning BP player

impossibru
impossibru
Strike-force Captain
Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 644
edited 25 Oct 2018, 9:51PM
Thanks to all the great post and knowledge both here and YouTube, I've caught up a bit after a long hiatus (3 years) 

Around 14/10/18, logged into my base, overwhelmed by all the changes, big crash down to earth when I tried my old top class skull ranked FM fleet and got obliterated in an 89 at the entrance..

Was ready to log off forever then but hey what the hell, popped a ticket over to Kix about my outdated and some missing hulls and to my surprise they sent me an Inferno Dragon Blueprint, Twinfire Rockets, gold and 70 day build tokens - obviously to get me addicted again lol)

So I looked up on all the targets and rightly or wrongly learnt the new targets and changes and even if I had build tokens determined not to blow it all before I looked up on all the specs and specials folks used (the game rewards patience, lots and lots or you have to coin) so grind like mad in the FM to get the specials that good pirates used for 120s ..that was my aim.. go from 40 and work my way up. The first million points was pure grinding 40s with my old fleets, it was easier using the BP phone app though, please give it a go..you can launch and attack Drac targets from the app and it's a lot more comfy for grinding.

Now 2 weeks of further working out, I have a semi finished 3 x dragons, 1 x Tideseeker and truck loads of tokens to build and rank a Punisher fleet

So priority is to finish the Dragon Fleet (shame Greta isn't available) , get that Tideseeker fleet out with tokens to get U (I'm out and need Dock 13) and quick token build the Punisher fleet for Base parts...great that I may be able to use my old Flagship again, especially for the useless Avenger lol (it has concussive defense and may be useful initially since my Tides isn't well ranked and likely take a lot of damage...

The Highlander Flag I'm hoping to add radioactive protection to the fleet?

This week I'm hoping to gather more of the missing specials to add to those ships.

So folks who come back, don't give up..there has been a lot of changes but ask Kix nicely (you don't ask you don't get) and they have been reasonable to me and helped out greatly..may offer you a fleet to catch up.

Any Pirates, happy sailing!

• Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 2,834

Don't bother with the Highlander. If your fleet needs radioactive protection, then it's either geared for the target (Buccaneer, Hydra, modern Siege hulls) or else it isn't. If it isn't, it'll still get chewed up, Highlander or no.
    Nice to see kix gave you some freebies. Enjoy

I specialize in wife removal, crushing heads & just violence in general.
    I fear nothing, your pixels are nothing compared to my physical might (8'0", 420lb)
  • JTO
    JTO
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 2
    Hi, 
     i rebuild a fleet under the positive impression of your article. Because i had enough punisher build tokens i just tryed the base parts fleet.
    The result is dissappointing 

Here is the built code for the ships i Build. 

eNptjLEKwjAURf/lzXdIeC9pySgufoN0CO0TC9GGxFJB/HdDB11czl3uOS/SZ9byOKxzmihcYqoK2jTm5V4pnK0zAoN9/sJb+8MAqlnHuVWay146sIhB71nAvnfgjl17XdeUTkcKYluDYrktZTfYML4Y3h9gaykc

Your ship does 100 k more damage..... 

Seems like in the past 3 months there has been a decay of performance of components in this Kixeye Environment...  ? 

That is sad, but nothing new. 

Dont understand, but ok. if it still works, why not.... unfortunately it does not.  
    Base Part level 32 was not destroyed, my fleet yes.... 

Conclusion ?

Wasted all my buid tokens and experience tokens for punishers too, w/o any result. 

If someone can explain ? 

• Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 2,834
    JTO said:
    Hi, 
     i rebuild a fleet under the positive impression of your article. Because i had enough punisher build tokens i just tryed the base parts fleet.
    The result is dissappointing 

Here is the built code for the ships i Build. 

eNptjLEKwjAURf/lzXdIeC9pySgufoN0CO0TC9GGxFJB/HdDB11czl3uOS/SZ9byOKxzmihcYqoK2jTm5V4pnK0zAoN9/sJb+8MAqlnHuVWay146sIhB71nAvnfgjl17XdeUTkcKYluDYrktZTfYML4Y3h9gaykc

Your ship does 100 k more damage..... 

Seems like in the past 3 months there has been a decay of performance of components in this Kixeye Environment...  ? 

That is sad, but nothing new. 

Dont understand, but ok. if it still works, why not.... unfortunately it does not.  

Conclusion ?

Wasted all my buid tokens and experience tokens for punishers too, w/o any result. 

If someone can explain ? 

You disliked my earlier comment, probably because I told you that the Highlander isn't worth building. It's probably locked out of the current raid targets, much like the Savage Kodiak was locked out of last years Assault cycle.
    Punishers are almost rubbish now, they're good for FM L40 targets, and Base Parts Expeditions, if you have a very good build for them
    Sadly, in the 3 years the Punisher has been around, no retrofit pack for them, which I think sucks, as they've been a very good hull, but now they're at the end of their usefulness.
    The good thing about the expeditions is that if you complete the target without dying, your fleet will return in time fully healed.
    However, the $5 Kixeye Ironclad fleet is very good in that target, but make sure you're not engaging the one that recommended T7 Generalist hulls.
    I specialize in wife removal, crushing heads & just violence in general.
    I fear nothing, your pixels are nothing compared to my physical might (8'0", 420lb)
  • TomBrooklyn
    TomBrooklyn
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 2,725
    edited 19 Feb 2019, 4:25AM
    JTO said:

Conclusion ?
    If someone can explain ? 
    My conclusion is those Punishers are not optimally built.  I just built a fleet that works good in Base Parts Xpeditions.     

Specials I used Lowered Mounts, Garr Batt, MC3, Spd Sys 6.  Nuke 2 like you.
    Cannons are 3 Phased, 3 Particle, and filled in 4 Siege.    
    Armor is 3 Charged Zynth C1-CR.

Damage is only 152k, not a lot more, so I guess armor and specials are making the difference.   Actually, I don't know how I got more damage out of it because you have more of the better cannons. 

• impossibru
    impossibru
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 644
    edited 19 Feb 2019, 7:00AM
    JTO said:

Conclusion ?
    If someone can explain ? 
    My conclusion is those Punishers are not optimally built.  I just built a fleet that works good in Base Parts Xpeditions.     

Specials I used Lowered Mounts, Garr Batt, MC3, Spd Sys 6.  Nuke 2 like you.
    Cannons are 3 Phased, 3 Particle, and filled in 4 Siege.    
    Armor is 3 Charged Zynth C1-CR.

Damage is only 152k, not a lot more, so I guess armor and specials are making the difference.   Actually, I don't know how I got more damage out of it because you have more of the better cannons. 
    You need anti missiles on them. and yes Charged C1-CR helps a tonne. The turrets dealing the most damage in the Legion targets is water based ones on the upper map, they do splash damage. Even then my Punishers do only 3 Legion 32 before needing repair..They do better in experditions to be honest.. main thing that Punishers are weak now is not so much damage that is dealt, it's the very low speed of the hull

PS I was bit inexperienced when I first posted the article, so a few fleets were trail and error, plus it was pre refactor but not sure whether that made a difference.