Vector Points Bugged

Florian Viets
Florian Viets
Potential Threat
Joined Dec 2017 Posts: 41
so.... i heard Research Devision 90 gives 250k points?

got one to 45%...

Points? lousy 7k not 125k+.....

can we fix this please?
  • shyva prime
    shyva prime
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 528
    so.... i heard Research Devision 90 gives 250k points?

got one to 45%...

Points? lousy 7k not 125k+.....

can we fix this please?
    point given were never scaled to % off damage / point

killing 50% of a fleet won't give 50% of intel .

also considering this is so **** easy to do and basically could be considered an exploit ( using an non intended game mechanics/exploit to progress further and faster at lower cost ) , they have all right to remove those point if they want .

• Gary Pollock
    Gary Pollock
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 1,129
    They want you to kill whole target now
  • shyva prime
    shyva prime
    Skilled Warrior
    of course they do .

and that totaly fair .
  • Florian Viets
    Florian Viets
    Potential Threat
    lol look at coiners crying because noncoiners found a way to get top ships too, why cant u just be like "oh nice for u to get a ship too" why do u have to be such **** :/
  • Struan Robertson
    Struan Robertson
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2018 Posts: 513
    lol look at coiners crying because noncoiners found a way to get top ships too, why cant u just be like "oh nice for u to get a ship too" why do u have to be such **** :/
    this system was changed about 12-18 months ago due to the ability for some event fleets to be exploited by killing 2 ships only and getting a very high amount of points leaving 80% of the fleet behind.

This exploit was widely published by MANNI and then Kixeye saw the exploit and changed the system to a sliding scale, where to the less damage you did to a fleet there was a dramatic reduction in points.
  • Struan Robertson
    Struan Robertson
    Skilled Warrior
    So if you want to blame anyone for this change.... blame MANNI
  • Spask Crondusk
    Spask Crondusk
    Master Tactician
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 2,280

Manni no longer here so no point to blame anymore.

• Struan Robertson
    Struan Robertson
    Skilled Warrior

Manni no longer here so no point to blame anymore.

before he created and publicized those exploits we did not have a points curve, since then every fleet has had the points curve in them, so yes I will still blame him 
  • Cyrus Leung
    Cyrus Leung
    VC Mod
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 3,427
    edited 10 Aug 2018, 12:29AM
    They have removed the points curve, a penalty is now applied instead (-95% max I think) if you are using low-tier cheap fleets to cheese the targets, a better solution imo.
  • Florian Viets
    Florian Viets
    Potential Threat
    They have removed the points curve, a penalty is now applied instead (-95% max I think) if you are using low-tier cheap fleets to cheese the targets, a better solution imo.
    the problem is now extended, when i got them to 45% 1h ago i got 6_8k points, now theres 0-2k??  has it been decreased AGAIN?
  • Gary Pollock
    Gary Pollock
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 1,129
    why are you doing this event when clearly you are a long way off even building a wraith?
  • Florian Viets
    Florian Viets
    Potential Threat
    why are you doing this event when clearly you are a long way off even building a wraith?
    to get even with other people?
  • Struan Robertson
    Struan Robertson
    Skilled Warrior
    to get even with other people?
    what level is your factory, if it is not level 12 then you will not even be able to build one
  • Junren-JS
    Junren-JS
    VC Mod
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 1,534
    Note that the Wraith Cruiser has tech requirements, so that even if you got the blueprint using cheese tactics, you will still need intervening technology in order to build them. 
    Need to file a ticket?  Go here: https://vegaconflict.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
    Forum Rules: https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/530465
    ::Read everything I write in the calm, neutral tones of Star Trek's Spock::
  • TheGardian
    TheGardian
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 172

Why did you buff the blitz 90 a 2nd time? I was taking good damage already for 2 hours trying to get a tactic right then did another for 6 hours?!?!? Are you serious on this bypass? I took so much damage on bypass it's just not fair I was wanting to do blitz so can get all tech using coin but seems you want more then needed

• Cyrus Leung
    Cyrus Leung
    VC Mod
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 3,427
    edited 10 Aug 2018, 7:11AM
    It seems that a draw will earn you zero points no matter what you use.

On defeat, the points earned suffers a penalty based on your damage taken. So you can basically suicide heavily armored Revelations and earn the full points, lol.
  • ipevac
    ipevac
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 248
    edited 10 Aug 2018, 4:29AM
    if you use 6x axis cutters with harmonic thrusters, can't you also outrun the wraith ones?
  • LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 873
    Junren-JS said:
    Note that the Wraith Cruiser has tech requirements, so that even if you got the blueprint using cheese tactics, you will still need intervening technology in order to build them. 
    wrong  coin deals  including blank hulls""! money gets u everything in this game
  • RaniRahn
    RaniRahn
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 1,679

On defeat, the points earned suffers a penalty based on your damage taken. So you can basically suicide heavily armored Revelations and earn the full points, lol.
    wow...thats something new.

What i dont like is low lvl players leave half dead 90 fleets. These are anyway less then needed and then low lvl players screw things even more up. Half the 90 fleets that i klick is already damaged. Really dont like that.
    52 45 38 67 54 6b 39 55 49 45 4a 56 57 53 42 44 54 30 6c 4f 55 79 45 3d
  • Struan Robertson
    Struan Robertson
    Skilled Warrior
    RaniRahn said:

wow...thats something new.

What i dont like is low lvl players leave half dead 90 fleets. These are anyway less then needed and then low lvl players screw things even more up. Half the 90 fleets that i klick is already damaged. Really dont like that.
    but it is a relatively easy way to pick up 111K in points plus getting a MK5 phoenix box
  • Darthkuriboh18
    Darthkuriboh18
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2016 Posts: 9
    I literally just killed 70% of the **** lv 90 fleet and got NO points. What the hell, kixeye. Fix this buggy crap immediately.
  • shyva prime
    shyva prime
    Skilled Warrior
    i don't coin .

i grind and play normaly .

if you need to call everyone with better stuff than you coiner , your life must be lame .
  • Jamie Helm
    Jamie Helm
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 936

Blame the change on those low levels fleets exploiting the points curve....you know, those vocal guys on the other threads screaming.

• Lee Van Cleef
    Lee Van Cleef
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 196
    Already all the small players in my sector got the new ship using that exploit first hour of event, so no one care.lol

Questions?

• Stormer-M
    Stormer-M
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2016 Posts: 794
    but it is a relatively easy way to pick up 111K in points plus getting a MK5 phoenix box
    I want people to keep doing this so I can get my MK5 upgrades faster
  • Junren-JS
    Junren-JS
    VC Mod
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 1,534
    Junren-JS said:
    wrong  coin deals  including blank hulls""! money gets u everything in this game
    Blank hulls sure, but good luck equipping weapons, specials, armor and shields to it without the requisite technologies.  Oh, you have a new wraith cruiser but it's only equipped with Polaron rays?  HAHAHA.  (It's actually my situation on the Preview Server.  The other players there have fun beating up on me and mentioning this in chat).
    Need to file a ticket?  Go here: https://vegaconflict.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
    Forum Rules: https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/530465
    ::Read everything I write in the calm, neutral tones of Star Trek's Spock::