8.30 Discuss Thread

• CaptMorgan1
    CaptMorgan1
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 2

Kixeye once again bends us over and pounds is without lube...must be what the new moron taking over meant with his “for the players” garbage..at what point do we stop participating in the raids and just wait for the FM so we can get the prizes for free? And the responses to my ticket regarding this slap in the face are comical (thanks Hank)..oh but wait, according to Hank I can’t share those with the community because it’s a violation of the terms of agreement....

• Players_First
    Players_First
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2018 Posts: 212
    edited 27 Jul 2018, 7:03PM
    Why are people so butthurt that Kix decided to help some of the mid levels that have no chance at the GID in the raid get it and keep themselves afloat when all of the older FM targets are gone?  In this area I see a bunch of whiny kids who can't stand it when others are given a chance to succeed..  Yes Kix has a lot to fix and balance but this is a non-issue that people just want to make into one so they can continue the Kix bashing...

• Shapu_the_farm
    Shapu_the_farm
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 2,058
    This has gotta be the most boring bounty ever...  There's hasn't been a full page of targets in my locator since the start.  Don't think I can even stand an entire weekend of hitting a few bases and the rest of it being just another PVE event...  Kix you guys really need to find a balance to get more people playing this event as it is generally quite fun (if there are bases to hit) or it will go the same way as the Arena... Boobies up...
    They need to fix the locator system.  Right now it is based on base location, rather than fleet location, so it always gives you the same targets.  A more dynamic locator system would be a vast improvement and give us an incentive to explore other sectors.
  • Zippernikkel
    Zippernikkel
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 790
    Why aren't we being given the option to repair base after a base hit during bounty?
    Could it be because it auto repairs?

• Carlos_DaPoof
    Carlos_DaPoof
    Master Tactician
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 2,106
    Why aren't we being given the option to repair base after a base hit during bounty?
    Could it be because it auto repairs?
    but....what if you want to completely repair it?
    I just don't recall this being the case in previous bounty events.
    " I see no solid discussion or argument. Just whining and name calling. You pose no reason or logic to back up your position and can't articulate a reason why "
  • Players_First
    Players_First
    Minor Nuisance
    This has gotta be the most boring bounty ever...  There's hasn't been a full page of targets in my locator since the start.  Don't think I can even stand an entire weekend of hitting a few bases and the rest of it being just another PVE event...  Kix you guys really need to find a balance to get more people playing this event as it is generally quite fun (if there are bases to hit) or it will go the same way as the Arena... Boobies up...
    They need to fix the locator system.  Right now it is based on base location, rather than fleet location, so it always gives you the same targets.  A more dynamic locator system would be a vast improvement and give us an incentive to explore other sectors.
    Part of it but the bank anytime you want system is also maybe a bit too much...  3 banks per day would be better imo and with a auto bank of 15k  I leave 9.5k out there for hours just to get base tests and only a few of the big hitters have bitten... So far so good :D
  • Shark Attack 167
    Shark Attack 167
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 36
    Part of it but the bank anytime you want system is also maybe a bit too much...  3 banks per day would be better imo and with a auto bank of 15k  I leave 9.5k out there for hours just to get base tests and only a few of the big hitters have bitten... So far so good :D
    are the omegas good or bad in defense?
    Shark Attack 167
  • Players_First
    Players_First
    Minor Nuisance
    I tore mine off in lieu of the specials and armor that I wanted so I would say ... if youre defending against top fleets forget about the omegas.

• Shark Attack 167
    Shark Attack 167
    Potential Threat
    I tore mine off in lieu of the specials and armor that I wanted so I would say ... if youre defending against top fleets forget about the omegas.

yeah 1 of them is good the 4 million damage is best but very hard to get
    Shark Attack 167
  • Shark Attack 167
    Shark Attack 167
    Potential Threat
    and them omega in  85 replica ouch does good damage part cann 400k dam that has to hurt bad:)
    Shark Attack 167
  • TheHolsh
    TheHolsh
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 4,519
    The newest explosive one is the only one that does slightly enough damage. 130k damage per projectile is enough to hurt ships that have a lacking of explosive deflection.

Image result for one piece gif luffy crew"Are we friends? Or are we foes? That kind of thing you decide for yourselves! "
  • Shark Attack 167
    Shark Attack 167
    Potential Threat
    and we got a new cm:)...............................
    Shark Attack 167
  • Skippy414
    Skippy414
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 98

You never mentioned baser fleets, PVP fleets, builds needed for new targets on map. 
    What about PvP fleets?
    Those have their own shipyard. 
    And as far as the hulls for the new targets on map. I am guessing you are referring to the proto-whatevers.
    Those have real short empty build times.  Build blanks whenever you can squeeze them in. Then you can use those for 12 hr refits to fill time while waiting on the new hull to be earned. a weapon here one there. 

It seems this conversation is going nowhere. I stated how that was possible. You then claim there is another hardship causing you to not be able to do it. Another person went into how to better be able to build a full fleet for ranking. 
    Now you throw out PvP fleets being the issue.
    What excuse is next? Can't get one built in time to rank because you upgrading a turret? 

*awaiting the next rebuttal*

• Shapu_the_farm
    Shapu_the_farm
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 2,058

Yep.  Omegas are great against T6 hulls.  They are worthless against top-end fleets.  If you are in a place where T6 hulls like Pride, Liberator, Gluttony, and Inquisitor are your problem, then the Omegas are fine (especially the new explosive one....rawr).  If you are getting hit by Ifrits, MSCs, and Impact cruisers, all the Omegas do is tickle the other guy.
  • whitelegion2
    whitelegion2
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2017 Posts: 29

It isn'> @Stewart Booth said:

8 and 9 mill , for lag hulls , most carnt get to 1 mill , this is perthetic , only the big coins will get them , then the lower player suffer and leave , 

I get 1 million easy... already got more than 3.2 million and still almost 4 days left
    (And I'm a level 54 doing 40s and 61s)

• Players_First
    Players_First
    Minor Nuisance
    This faulty retreat button on these YO bases is really annoying Kix... Fix it... Or is this just another example of Pleyers First...

• Lt_Caine
    Lt_Caine
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 330
    My Accelerator is off per the suggestion.  However not able to view Playback which would be useful during a base hitting event.  

Is there a quick fix to the Playback?
  • CaptainHook-GIMPS
    CaptainHook-GIMPS
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 159
    you don't see the option, bottom right, next to ship build time remaining that says repairing? with a speed up option???
    War does not determine who is right, only who is left
  • arnast
    arnast
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 1,057
    This is getting down right ridiculous with crapeye last time they put on Primus Ordinus I was able to use my mono zelo fleet and now all of the sudden i can't ..come on crapeye enough with theses class restriction already.

• Carlos_DaPoof
    Carlos_DaPoof
    Master Tactician
    you don't see the option, bottom right, next to ship build time remaining that says repairing? with a speed up option???
    repair BASE....
    " I see no solid discussion or argument. Just whining and name calling. You pose no reason or logic to back up your position and can't articulate a reason why "
  • CaptainHook-GIMPS
    CaptainHook-GIMPS
    Minor Nuisance
    edited 30 Jul 2018, 2:35AM
    repair BASE....
    well, I tried. some people just don't wan't to be helped, even when they are asking for it

FYI I'm looking right at it. maybe you should have actually went to go look for yourself
  • SIF
    SIF
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 1,386
    repair BASE....
    The "Repairing" timer allows you to click "speed up" to spend coins to instantly repair your entire base. That will "repair BASE".

• VvVvVvVvV
    VvVvVvVvV
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 1,144
    Bounty Recap

I like Bounty as a PvE event, the change in targets is so nice, after the endless boredom of hitting the same chore targets over and over and over again. In that regard, Bounty is a better PvE event than the Raids, which are mindless chore pits.

Does anyone use Bounty Expansion?  It looks good on paper, would theoretically buff a base's defence by a lot -- I tried it a couple of Bountys ago and it did nothing. And fleets have just gotten stronger since then, so I assume it's still a stupid waste of Uranium. 

There is no doubt that Bounty is a massive FAIL at revitalizing PvP. It's still very much tuned for big players to bully little players. The reduced repair times and the separate Conq repair queue are steps in the right direction. 

The graphic bug that keeps walls from showing damage during  the attack is a major nuisance if your attacking fleet uses a lot of cannon. It takes a while to pound thru level 10 walls, esp. when they're 3 and 4 deep. Being able to line-up on a hole buys precious seconds in some case. For a high school computer club, that sort of nonsense is expected, but it's inexcusable in a professional software company, where customers pay for access to the game -- they have every right to expect a professional level of service. 

As far as taking advantage of players, what's the rationale behind forcing us to buy TWO Curators at 40 mill??? WTH can't we buy just one? That's just abusive, locking a lot of players out of a hull with a manipulative pricing scheme. Customer First? HA!  

On the plus side, the price for a lot of things is relatively low, 1,700 is a level most players could reach even with minimal effort. That's in very nice contrast to the outrageous pricing used in raids. 

Overall, lag seems to be reduced, but screen freeze-ups and SOS are more common. Not a good trade-off. 

From looking at leader boards, it's pretty clear that the majority of players think Bounty is a waste of time. Looks like only about 12,000 players participated. If it's viewed as a PvP event, than it is; as an entity event, it's not so bad. But Bounty is a reflection of the broken PvP system - fix PvP, Bounty will become better. 

Don't see how you can fix PvP --IF-- your goal is to make PvP fair and balanced for all players; the whales won't like it if they can only hit targets that give them a fair fight. Given the amount of revenue that comes from whales, I don't see that happening. 

The game bugs are a big problem, I think everyone would be okay if you just held off on new releases for a while and focused on stability and performance. Given past history, that's not likely to happen either. 

Until PvP is fixed, I'd like to see Bounty split off as a PvE event, substituting this format into the FM on a regular rotation. NOT added in addition to, that just adds to the burn-out, but as an alternative to -- then it would work. Replica bases are fun to  hit. 

One more thing -- why oh why can't you have the same prize points scale in ALL events? A Bounty point isn't the same as an FM point or as a Raid point. Why? In the long run, assuming you're sincere about Customer First -- some sort of limited points banking would be hugely popular with players. For example, if I do well in Bounty but suck at Raid, maybe I could bank some Bounty points to help me get better stuff from the Raid store. I know that sort of suggestion terrifies the bean counters and gold hoarders, but WTH can't something player friendly be done every once in a while? Try treating us like people and partners in this great gaming adventure, instead of just sheep to be fleeced. 

• Laredo
    Laredo
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 18,656
    edited 30 Jul 2018, 2:36PM
    Bases auto repair during bounty, so no option to repair is given.  If you want to speed up the repair, click the "Repairing" button when in the base in the bottom right corner.
  • T00T
    T00T
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,643
    repair BASE....
    well, I tried. some people just don't wan't to be helped, even when they are asking for it

FYI I'm looking right at it. maybe you should have actually went to go look for yourself
    Go easy on the guy, he's just a lvl 10 that doesn't know better.  o:)
  • CaptainHook-GIMPS
    CaptainHook-GIMPS
    Minor Nuisance
    T00T said:
    repair BASE....

Go easy on the guy, he's just a lvl 10 that doesn't know better.  o:)
    But.... I did?  I had edited what I originally wrote, lol :)
  • Carlos_DaPoof
    Carlos_DaPoof
    Master Tactician
    Laredo said:
    Bases auto repair during bounty, so no option to repair is given.  If you want to speed up the repair, click the "Repairing" button when in the base in the bottom right corner.
    you respond with this................now?
  • HowHigh
    HowHigh
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 967
    Remove the limited and no spawn times/ insane control on base parts, sick of this fn crap, its a chore
  • tamdhu
    tamdhu
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 334
    No automatic alt text available

ofc u can redeem 3 in bounty great planning from Kix again 
  • michael.west.750
    michael.west.750
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,598
    They need to rework the bubble system in bounty. My base got tore up and the four hour bubble ended. So my base still had tons of repairs to do. My base gets hit right after bubble drops and the attacker only does 19% damage before getting sunk. I get no bubble for the 19% because you only get a bubble at 25%. Yet my base is beyond tore up and my portals, and base, are back to over ten hours repair.

I think the base should get a bubble based on the overall base damage percent, not on the percent of that one attack. This would be for bounty only.