8.30 Discuss Thread

• Lt_Caine
    Lt_Caine
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 330
    Will doing Turrets of Terror overfill the inventory of 1d Structure Tokens if already at maximum?
  • BEETLEGUISEe
    BEETLEGUISEe
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 49
    you just wont get the extra tokens i belive,, they need to raise total up
  • kixeyeuser_1384609903109_100003522404108
    kixeyeuser_1384609903109_100003522404108
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 1,570
    Fredgert2 said:
    And another thing - it's very nice of kix to let us buy our way out of their game 're-balance' and target upgrades. I've never seen so many 'special purchase offers' at one time. And My Bucc fleet just took 3 hrs damage from a legion 103 - Scourge 103 gave it less than 30 mins. 10 times ???? I'm very nearly done with feeling permanently hustled by this game.
    everyone who knows me knows im not a kix fanboy like some on here(bart lol) but targets have to change and every-time they change we always take more damage with the fleets we were using in the old. but like always someone will find a build or pattern that will bring damage down. if the targets dont change then this game would get boring very fast and kix would have to shut it down
  • Fredgert2
    Fredgert2
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2017 Posts: 86
    Fredgert2 said:
    And another thing - it's very nice of kix to let us buy our way out of their game 're-balance' and target upgrades. I've never seen so many 'special purchase offers' at one time. And My Bucc fleet just took 3 hrs damage from a legion 103 - Scourge 103 gave it less than 30 mins. 10 times ???? I'm very nearly done with feeling permanently hustled by this game.
    everyone who knows me knows im not a kix fanboy like some on here(bart lol) but targets have to change and every-time they change we always take more damage with the fleets we were using in the old. but like always someone will find a build or pattern that will bring damage down. if the targets dont change then this game would get boring very fast and kix would have to shut it down

Understand and except that - it's just the amount of damage increase and the frequency of multiple changes that are too much these days

• Fredgert2
    Fredgert2
    Potential Threat
    Fredgert2 said:
    Fredgert2 said:

I Understand and accept that - it's just the amount of damage increase and the frequency of multiple changes that are too much these days

• Fredgert2
    Fredgert2
    Potential Threat
    Fredgert2 said:
    Fredgert2 said:
    Fredgert2 said:

I Understand and accept that - it's just the amount of damage increase and the frequency of multiple changes that are too much these days

Our brand spanking new fleets are becoming obsolete far too fast - and/or need too frequent refits - and still no dry dock (very, very old theme there)
  • MarCoose
    MarCoose
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 108
    edited 26 Jul 2018, 1:48PM
    Is Greta ID in FM for good or is it just for this week?
  • BEETLEGUISEe
    BEETLEGUISEe
    Potential Threat
    Flipper13 said:
    Run Time:  7/25 at 9am PDT to 7/31 at 9am PDT
  • BEETLEGUISEe
    BEETLEGUISEe
    Potential Threat
    sry mate 1 week only

• TheHolsh
    TheHolsh
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 4,519
    Fredgert2 said:
    Fredgert2 said:
    Fredgert2 said:
    Fredgert2 said:

Our brand spanking new fleets are becoming obsolete far too fast - and/or need too frequent refits - and still no dry dock (very, very old theme there)
    Please tell me a fleet in pve that has been obsolete in under 1 year for the past 3 years (proto do not count since they are not 100% needed).
    Image result for one piece gif luffy crew"Are we friends? Or are we foes? That kind of thing you decide for yourselves! "
  • TheHolsh
    TheHolsh
    Unicorn Overlord
    Lt_Caine said:
    Will doing Turrets of Terror overfill the inventory of 1d Structure Tokens if already at maximum?
    No, you must use the one day tokens before the next prize completion, if not, they are wasted.

Image result for one piece gif luffy crew"Are we friends? Or are we foes? That kind of thing you decide for yourselves! "
  • MarCoose
    MarCoose
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 108
    sry mate 1 week only

How dumb am I? It literally says for one week only. Thanks.
  • Laredo
    Laredo
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 18,656
    Lt_Caine said:
    No, the only time tokens will overfill is if you purchase a TLO that contains tokens.
  • Laredo
    Laredo
    Flipper13 said:
    Run Time:  7/25 at 9am PDT to 7/31 at 9am PDT
    It is in for this FM week only.  
  • CMHN
    CMHN
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 231
    Your opponent bases have defending fleets in them,  I thought they were supposed to be removed.

The answers are there if your only willing to look.
  • Carlos_DaPoof
    Carlos_DaPoof
    Master Tactician
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 2,106
    No retreat in Bounty?
    Hmmmmm......
    " I see no solid discussion or argument. Just whining and name calling. You pose no reason or logic to back up your position and can't articulate a reason why "
  • Shark Attack 167
    Shark Attack 167
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 36
    No retreat in Bounty?
    Hmmmmm......
    yes for replica the bases past 63 are crap with omegas and higher killing low levels for bounty but ha ha i get all of mine banked before they can steal it.............
    Shark Attack 167
  • Skippy414
    Skippy414
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 98
    Skippy414 said:
    There should not be any VXP or build tokens for the ID's or GID in the weekly. The benefit to those that got them in the raid was being able to rank them last weekend. 

The fact that Kix put it in the FM should be good enough. Kix could have waited and just expected you to get it in the hull store.
    Adding it to the FM allows the mid players to earn it now and be able to focus on getting the skirmish hull for the next raid series.

Everyone cries for the struggling little guy, Kix is trying to help the little guy so they continue playing. Everyone now cries because Kix is helping the little guy. It looks like people don't truly want anything done to help the little guy.  

Yes, I did get the GID in the raid. Yes, I did get it built in time to rank it during VXP weekend.
    The people getting it this week will have to wait till next month to rank it.
    Yes, I would have gotten the GID in the raid even if Kix said it would be in the FM this week.
    Why? you might ask, well I needed to open the locked store for the stuff I wanted/needed.

This is a good move by Kix. 
    With making the GID and ID available in the weekly they can finally remove the 103/111's.
    Those targets should have went away a few month ago. People aren't building the ID's and GID because Kix left the 111's. 
    Everyone has had ample time to build the ID's. If they cry about the removal of targets now it is on them.

I call bull **** on ample time to build. Kix has so many hull types needed to play well in many areas of game play that it IS impossible to do without piles of coin. Players must pick an avenue they wish to follow to succeed in and fail in others UNLESS player spends a ton of coin. Free tokens and all mean squat. Without coining heavy, you will fall behind fast and loose interest in the entire game. Simple to see. Just so you get it straight, KIX is helping kix.Don't fool yourself. Yes what was done will help a few BUT  the intention was to get more coin. Don't be afraid, call a spade a spade.
    As for not building the ID's and GID because 111's are still available, that statement makes you DONKEY, (figure it out) . No time in shipyard may have some weight here. Come on, you can't be all that ............................ Pick your wording, plenty of room.
    So you call BS on ample time to build a GID to rank after raid. it is just shy 4 day build. Most players I know try and plan refits and builds to have the ship yard available during or right after the raid. So proper planning would mean you could start that build no later than the last day of raid. Then the FM starts and that gives you 6 days of build tokens. So that means you didn't properly plan. 
    I agree that you have to make some choices in builds. However FM fleets are normally considered priority fleets. I have made choices in not doing certain aspects of the game. I only built Bucc's and skipped hydras. I make efforts to earn every token that I can for stuff I plan to build. I get other tokens if they easy to get. I don't remember the last time I spent any coins on this game. I am current in this raid and the FM. 

And with Kix adding the GID and ID to the FM means more people can have decent FM fleets. The more that get it this week means more people focusing on getting the new skirmish hull in the next raid rather then having to choose between FM hull or new raid series hull.

So you can continue trying to convince yourself that it can't be done without spending a ton of coins. 

• BANZAI_Bill
    BANZAI_Bill
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 633
    So... once again we get a big time failure on bounty... dead fleets all from crashes and slap in the face support. sigh.. I can see why player spending remains on the decline.
  • hanks2500
    hanks2500
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 54
    One other change you forgot to mention in this bounty, you removed the retreat button from the copied bases. Seems like it would have been a change worth mentioning. I didn't notice till I went to use it, oh well my bounty is done for the day.
  • Laredo
    Laredo
    hanks2500 said:
    One other change you forgot to mention in this bounty, you removed the retreat button from the copied bases. Seems like it would have been a change worth mentioning. I didn't notice till I went to use it, oh well my bounty is done for the day.
    Yes, that was a hardware acceleration issue, it's been fixed and should be working correctly.
  • PenguinPants
    PenguinPants
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 1,572
    Laredo said:
    hanks2500 said:
    Yes, that was a hardware acceleration issue, it's been fixed and should be working correctly.
    There are still some targets that you can't retreat from. It seems random, though. Also I don't have hardware acceleration on, never did.

About half of the bounty targets are still like that. And some base part and titanium targets are like that too. However, with the resource targets you can retreat after you take damage and wait for the countdown.
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 8,257
    edited 27 Jul 2018, 11:49AM
    Skippy414 said:
    Skippy414 said:
    There should not be any VXP or build tokens for the ID's or GID in the weekly. The benefit to those that got them in the raid was being able to rank them last weekend. 

The fact that Kix put it in the FM should be good enough. Kix could have waited and just expected you to get it in the hull store.
    Adding it to the FM allows the mid players to earn it now and be able to focus on getting the skirmish hull for the next raid series.

Everyone cries for the struggling little guy, Kix is trying to help the little guy so they continue playing. Everyone now cries because Kix is helping the little guy. It looks like people don't truly want anything done to help the little guy.  

Yes, I did get the GID in the raid. Yes, I did get it built in time to rank it during VXP weekend.
    Yes, I would have gotten the GID in the raid even if Kix said it would be in the FM this week.
    Why? you might ask, well I needed to open the locked store for the stuff I wanted/needed.

With making the GID and ID available in the weekly they can finally remove the 103/111's.
    Those targets should have went away a few month ago. People aren't building the ID's and GID because Kix left the 111's. 
    Everyone has had ample time to build the ID's. If they cry about the removal of targets now it is on them.

I call bull **** on ample time to build. Kix has so many hull types needed to play well in many areas of game play that it IS impossible to do without piles of coin. Players must pick an avenue they wish to follow to succeed in and fail in others UNLESS player spends a ton of coin. Free tokens and all mean squat. Without coining heavy, you will fall behind fast and loose interest in the entire game. Simple to see. Just so you get it straight, KIX is helping kix.Don't fool yourself. Yes what was done will help a few BUT  the intention was to get more coin. Don't be afraid, call a spade a spade.
    As for not building the ID's and GID because 111's are still available, that statement makes you DONKEY, (figure it out) . No time in shipyard may have some weight here. Come on, you can't be all that ............................ Pick your wording, plenty of room.
    So you call BS on ample time to build a GID to rank after raid. it is just shy 4 day build. Most players I know try and plan refits and builds to have the ship yard available during or right after the raid. So proper planning would mean you could start that build no later than the last day of raid. Then the FM starts and that gives you 6 days of build tokens. So that means you didn't properly plan. 
    I agree that you have to make some choices in builds. However FM fleets are normally considered priority fleets. I have made choices in not doing certain aspects of the game. I only built Bucc's and skipped hydras. I make efforts to earn every token that I can for stuff I plan to build. I get other tokens if they easy to get. I don't remember the last time I spent any coins on this game. I am current in this raid and the FM. 

And with Kix adding the GID and ID to the FM means more people can have decent FM fleets. The more that get it this week means more people focusing on getting the new skirmish hull in the next raid rather then having to choose between FM hull or new raid series hull.

So you can continue trying to convince yourself that it can't be done without spending a ton of coins. 

good points, but he's even more wrong. you can do even better than the planning that you are suggesting. 

your shipyard should be free as soon as you have enough points for the GID. SO that means you have it free after a few hours during the raid, just in case you can get a ton of points quick. after that just do 12 hour refits until you get the points required. 

You should also be going into the raid with a full set of tokens if you know a new ship that you really want is the prize. That would give you more than enough time to fully build your GID apart from armor so that ranking is easier.

For the next raid you should be going in with a full set of tokens, and a full set of chests so that you can get 4 ships ready for vxp.
  • paul.h.fortin
    paul.h.fortin
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 265
    Skippy414 said:
    Skippy414 said:

You never mentioned baser fleets, PVP fleets, builds needed for new targets on map. 
  • Carlos_DaPoof
    Carlos_DaPoof
    Master Tactician
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 2,106
    Why aren't we being given the option to repair base after a base hit during bounty?
    " I see no solid discussion or argument. Just whining and name calling. You pose no reason or logic to back up your position and can't articulate a reason why "
  • TheHolsh
    TheHolsh
    Unicorn Overlord

@paul.h.fortin said:
    Skippy414 said:

paul.h.fortin said:

Skippy414 said:

You never mentioned baser fleets, PVP fleets, builds needed for new targets on map. 

Well, baser and pvp fleets have their own yard to be built in. As for the “new targets” fleet, the hulls get build tokens put into both tlc’s and the raid to help you build them with. I almost have an entire 2nd fleet of manticores from those tokens alone.

• Shapu_the_farm
    Shapu_the_farm
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 2,058
    Laredo said:
    hanks2500 said:
    There are still some targets that you can't retreat from. It seems random, though. Also I don't have hardware acceleration on, never did.

About half of the bounty targets are still like that. And some base part and titanium targets are like that too. However, with the resource targets you can retreat after you take damage and wait for the countdown.
    This problem persists.  I cannot determine a common characteristic for these bases.

I do not and have not ever had HA on either.
  • Players_First
    Players_First
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2018 Posts: 212
    This has gotta be the most boring bounty ever...  There's hasn't been a full page of targets in my locator since the start.  Don't think I can even stand an entire weekend of hitting a few bases and the rest of it being just another PVE event...  Kix you guys really need to find a balance to get more people playing this event as it is generally quite fun (if there are bases to hit) or it will go the same way as the Arena... Boobies up...
  • ImCoffee
    ImCoffee
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2016 Posts: 30
    We need better ways to get bases built up to face higher ups. Base parts are nowhere in my future.
  • CaptSteelDevil_S_D
    CaptSteelDevil_S_D
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 22
    so much for charting a new course ,seems like the same ole thing rush it out and glitch it up but players first ..............................can someone show me where