8.30 Discuss Thread

• jon pirate
    jon pirate
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 1,009
    butch1314 said:
    Kudos to removing guard fleets in the replica bases for bounty, and also removing the flat point value. Now as for that impact/ifrit flag...WHAT ARE YOU THINKING! I either grind the fm all week or do bounty. Not enough time for both :(
    Why not you can repair both at the same time with bounty going 
    Make BP Great Again
  • michael.west.750
    michael.west.750
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,598
    If your base defense fleet is a mix of conqs and defenders then you only get the one repair queue if repairing your base defense fleet.
  • michael.west.750
    michael.west.750
    Any idea what happened to the 1/2 repair time during bounty suggestion?
  • OC1
    OC1
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 76
    ok kix wanna chuck people a chance to get the GID for 8 mill points after others spent 40 mill points in raid,ok helps some so why not help those who got it in the raid by giving some GID build tokens for a cple of million points in fm to help all get it built quicker,other wise why will any one bother to do next raid if prizes are to be  given away within 2 weeks.? 
  • Cpt_Clueless
    Cpt_Clueless
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 227
    If your base defense fleet is a mix of conqs and defenders then you only get the one repair queue if repairing your base defense fleet.
    No, you can repair a fleet of all conq(marked in gold) and for the 2nd queue it doesnt matter what fleet is that, it can be defense slot, or any other mix and match(pve+pvp whatever) fleet
  • GO Trump
    GO Trump
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 241
    spent 120million last raid for both flagships and some other stuff, GID cost me 40million busted my **** off to get it just so it can be put in FM for a week for 8million! wtf,now with bounty 11 commin out with a new counter measure for cannons,launchers,throwers? wow really why the hell not put a counter measure for every thing now since the game is going down hill very fast. selling 30days of proto cen,proto tide and mantis tokens when IN fact we can only hold 10 at a time so where do the other 20days worth go? releasing a new hull but no build/VXP tokens for it.been here for 7 years and starting to think its about time to RETIRE from the game. not as much fun as it use to be durning the black water days, back when FF was the go to baser and seawolfs was best for fleet VS fleet, next raid wont be grinding my @ss off ever again if its just going to be 80% off next time. taken away the scourge defense grids and replacing them with legion bases, if thats the case so just a thought when u going to bring back the charged balistic armor????? just wondering
  • GO Trump
    GO Trump
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 241
    edited 24 Jul 2018, 6:32PM
    any thoughts?
  • butch1314
    butch1314
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2017 Posts: 266
    butch1314 said:
    Kudos to removing guard fleets in the replica bases for bounty, and also removing the flat point value. Now as for that impact/ifrit flag...WHAT ARE YOU THINKING! I either grind the fm all week or do bounty. Not enough time for both :(
    Why not you can repair both at the same time with bounty going 
    Repair yes, when the dock isn't flat... Oh, but the flat point value is removed, so may take some pressure off me during bounty...  
  • michael.west.750
    michael.west.750
    Right but if your base defense is a mix and you have to repair dragons as well, then you can only do one at a time. If your base defense was all conqs, then you could repair both conqs and dragons at the same time.
  • Corsiars
    Corsiars
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 6
    There are mid size players that did not get the dragon flag, and there is the frits flag available, so let's be positive, , kix is likely trying to help lower players and mid players,  I see this as a positive move. and for me I had so many points...in the raid I just ran out of useful thing to get, I am just happy for the players that did not get the dragon flag, that will be able to get it now. 
  • butch1314
    butch1314
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2017 Posts: 266
    Besides, I'm normally repairing my baser as well as my defense fleet...there goes the 2nd repair slot :/
  • tamdhu
    tamdhu
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 334
    so when the manti  being fixed WT said he couldnt fix it as it would be unfair on those who had built it claimed it etc , looks like that policy has changed with the GID 
  • serge.chamberland.7
    serge.chamberland.7
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2016 Posts: 18
    this is a good move, will help mid size players, for me I am glad for them so more players get the Flag. I does not take away anything from me , I have it already, I see this as a nice gesture from Kix
  • mike.scott.73307
    mike.scott.73307
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 626
    At first I was upset about GID being in FM but I think it is probably good for the game overall.  If you ground it out in raid but didn't get things from the lock store then you definitely have a reason to complain but if you did get things from the locked store and had at least a shell GID ready for VXP then you are in pretty good shape.  My GID is ranked at 66%, has no armor, is missing one special, and I am doing the top tier targets for just over an hour damage in FM and think it will get better with more experience driving, finishing my GID, and tweaking my builds.  

But the things I want from bounty adds up to an insane amount of points, going to be tough to pick and choose.

The shockwave should have been fixed before bounty no matter how hard the Aussies had to work, sorry just had to go there as they have done some awesome work recently and deserve kudos.

Really curios how the new CM is going to impact base hitting, it could be a huge deal and boy do I need some conqueror, defender, and generic build tokens.
  • grizzly731
    grizzly731
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 63
    If you ground out points to get the inferno flag in the raid then you were able to rank it. Players getting it now will really need to get it ranked next vxp weekend. There is no comparison to getting it now. It's not like kix gave them the ship!  They have the bp and can build it. 

• grizzly731
    grizzly731
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 63
    Players whining about grinding a raid just to have stuff appear later on let this be a lesson for you. It's been known for a long time that you can do well in this game without participating at all in raids. Tons of stuff gets released by bounty and fm and tlcs.
  • jschlueter1
    jschlueter1
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 810

So if we already achieved all the pp5 prizes last week, does that mean we have to achieve the posieden vanguard (or greta dragon) to get access to the pp5 legendary chest?

That 8 mil point requirement a lot more than the typical 1.1 million for the other prizes.

That's exactly what it means, and I'm surprised no one but you and I have mentioned that.  Fortunately, I still have some of the cheaper prizes left in T5, but anyone who is caught up is royally screwed, unless they really want one of those two hulls.
  • maddad
    maddad
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 617
    only 4 days total pcent build tokens in Primus Ordinus and none in mastery level. average pcent build is 16daysx5 so what a joke on tokens for the pcent tlc
    upgrades=downfall of battle pirates
  • System
    System
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 2,961
    This discussion was created from comments split from: 8.30 Turrets of Terror.
    Resistance is futile yes!
  • Cyanide Sandwich
    Cyanide Sandwich
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 1,166
    edited 24 Jul 2018, 6:54PM
    Absolutely not cool releasing a GID A WEEK after the raid in which it dropped! I spent time getting the 40 million points needed to redeem it in the raid, just to have you release a week later in the FM, for a 5th of the points? What the actual F kixeye? If it was released to the FM a month later, fine, no problem, but a week? Are you serious? If I had knwn you were gonna do this I would NOT have spent my points on a GID! Seriously NOT COOL kixeye
    Battle Pirates
    In-game name: Cyanide Sandwich              
    Home Sector: 21                                          Ship Design Discussion Group (Open to all): https://www.facebook.com/groups/118022991724717/
    KIXEYE logic is the only logic and you ain't never logic'd till you've KIXEYE logic'd.

• Wayne-Ker
    Wayne-Ker
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2010 Posts: 119
    Does it mean i have to get that vangaurd hull before i get the chest... wtf
    www.ahoymearty.co.uk
  • Cpt_Clueless
    Cpt_Clueless
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 227
    i hope reinforced ablative armor will be reset again since we could only get 1 last week(wishful thinking) otherwise those who are caught up will be screwed must get that 9mil flagship before chest lol :/
  • Dopey_ARANG
    Dopey_ARANG
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 374

So if we already achieved all the pp5 prizes last week, does that mean we have to achieve the posieden vanguard (or greta dragon) to get access to the pp5 legendary chest?

That 8 mil point requirement a lot more than the typical 1.1 million for the other prizes.

That's exactly what it means, and I'm surprised no one but you and I have mentioned that.  Fortunately, I still have some of the cheaper prizes left in T5, but anyone who is caught up is royally screwed, unless they really want one of those two hulls.
    I'm actually expecting them to be in the locked section of T5 with the 2-9d token chest. so that 8mill point hull is probably a 9.1 mill point hull for anyone not caught up.

Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty woids! 
  • laura.chapman.94
    laura.chapman.94
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 64
    Rampage is there anything else besides these 2 boats being added to the FM?  I already have all the tier 5 prizes & the GID so now I will have to grind out 9 million points for a boat and 1.2 million more to get the legendary chest?
  • feassco
    feassco
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 66
    hat off kix nice job on the fm for the smaller players as far as the bounty you realeaseing so much stuff in there and you took away one of the wasy to get the points so if the price are not down or the replaica base payout alot more most wont get half of the new prizes wich means you have now made pve alot better and pvp just got worse
  • SIMO-FS
    SIMO-FS
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 15
    Following todays maintenance my javelin 2 turret changed to a Howie 3 turret the wonders of kixeye 

• LSD68
    LSD68
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 131
    Thanks for slowing down on content and make my dream come through... countermeasures on throwers launchers and ballistics... yeah right... and a marvelous new module that will stun the only thing that keeps fleets out, my guard....  what are you thinking, lets first dump all we had in the backlog and then work on customer first. Be proud of yourself, you managed to keep your word for at least 2 days.