To Ward Off a Horde.

• Adel Wael
    Adel Wael
    Master Tactician
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 2,217

@nametagg0 the disruptors are extremly valueble here as they one shot the firemen and can scramble the fire brigade without attrition in most cases

• kixeyeuser_1381785235850_30485_688970479
    kixeyeuser_1381785235850_30485_688970479
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 284
    maybe is going to sound crazy but i using my disruptor and they do some damage to the fireman also with the scramble tech help agains tanks and air
  • nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 5,403
    edited 20 Jul 2018, 5:26AM
    adel_50 said:

@nametagg0 the disruptors are extremly valueble here as they one shot the firemen and can scramble the fire brigade without attrition in most cases

do you have any footage that proves they one-shot firemen (preferably with the unit on its own)? i had crossed them out due to the fact that I had dismissed them due to my own inability to test them myself (making it unsafe to recommenced using them to others)

i imagine they could be useful with polymetric training-voltage modulator and trajectory cpu but id like to make sure before recommending something potentially dangerous

maybe is going to sound crazy but i using my disruptor and they do some damage to the fireman also with the scramble tech help agains tanks and air
    their scramble is useful but we had thought it would be overwhelmed by the high number of fire brigades at higher level bases.
    Image result for free to play vs pay to win gif

"the optimist looks up and loses his footing.
      the pessimist looks down and loses the path
      the strategist looks forward and adjusts accordingly" 
  • drag0nsun
    drag0nsun
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 2,422
    adel_50 said:

i agree the disruption might be useful with these traits but the reason me and HS  gave the not okay to nametagg was one its range and the its heath while very skilled players   can move it up close and use these thats good   but alot of players can not it takes alot of micromanagement and if these units get hit once by a turret or one of many EH units  then its going to throw you off and this is very easy to do  heck not alot of players went out for the unit or the tech to lv it up  so thats far behind  makeing it even harder   to use 
  • nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Unicorn Overlord
    drag0nsun said:
    adel_50 said:

i agree the disruption might be useful with these traits but the reason me and HS  gave the not okay to nametagg was one its range and the its heath while very skilled players   can move it up close and use these thats good   but alot of players can not it takes alot of micromanagement and if these units get hit once by a turret or one of many EH units  then its going to throw you off and this is very easy to do  heck not alot of players went out for the unit or the tech to lv it up  so thats far behind  makeing it even harder   to use 
    i gonna allow it looking at its stat progression just with the note of it being best used at level 10+

• drag0nsun
    drag0nsun
    Master Tactician
    nametagg0 said:
    drag0nsun said:

i gonna allow it looking at its stat progression just with the note of it being best used at level 10+
    okay fair enough i found a small clip of it killing a fire man with one hit its from kixeyes video on a lv 20 base so i would take it with a gran of salt and say dont use it as a front line unit like the CT or seeker the cilp starts at 30 secs in  

• nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Unicorn Overlord
    drag0nsun said:
    nametagg0 said:
    drag0nsun said:

okay fair enough i found a small clip of it killing a fire man with one hit its from kixeyes video on a lv 20 base so i would take it with a gran of salt and say dont use it as a front line unit like the CT or seeker the cilp starts at 30 secs in  

yea, definitely a skirmish unit for this event

• THE_RAYMAN
    THE_RAYMAN
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 45
    edited 20 Jul 2018, 7:57AM
    Little tip if not mentioned yet, if you are aligned with Sentinels and you are doing main track, try use sentinel units only. Reason for this is deploying sentinel units negates all negative effects so this means your units won't get fire status or possibility of no damage when walking over the fire left behind from a dead Eastern Horde unit. Also purifiers will help out a lot in main track if they are high level, they can 1 hit kill fireman and fire brigades. Now you'll also be wondering how durable are purifiers when versing firemans and fire brigades. After my experience in completing main track, the purifiers can withstand approximately 15 secs to 1minute of constant flame before it drops a bar of health. It mostly depends on the level of your purifiers. 

Also try avoid having your units on the fire grate even with sentinel buff on. They do a crap ton of damage so put some additional caretakers to protect your units.

Hope it helps you guys out and good luck.  
  • drag0nsun
    drag0nsun
    Master Tactician
    Little tip if not mentioned yet, if you are aligned with Sentinels and you are doing main track, try use sentinel units only. Reason for this is deploying sentinel units negates all negative effects so this means your units won't get fire status or possibility of no damage when walking over the fire left behind from a dead Eastern Horde unit. Also purifiers will help out a lot in main track if they are high level, they can 1 hit kill fireman and fire brigades. Now you'll also be wondering how durable are purifiers when versing firemans and fire brigades. After my experience in completing main track, the purifiers can withstand approximately 15 secs to 1minute of constant flame before it drops a bar of health. It mostly depends on the level of your purifiers. 

Also try avoid having your units on the fire grate even with sentinel buff on. They do a crap ton of damage so put some additional caretakers to protect your units.

thanks for the tip  i am sure it will help sentinel players  i will say even without the buff ardra is good even at a low lv 
  • THE_RAYMAN
    THE_RAYMAN
    Potential Threat
    drag0nsun said:

thanks for the tip  i am sure it will help sentinel players  i will say even without the buff ardra is good even at a low lv 
    Ardra has always been one of the best and most useful faction hero. In fact it can 1v1 a lvl 10 Darkstorm with tech. Tested on GoGo Bar lol
  • THE_RAYMAN
    THE_RAYMAN
    Potential Threat
    Now for survivors track, I have little knowledge with survivor units due to I rarely cared about survivor units. I only got up to 80 and use restart token didn't attempt the last base due to my Survivor arsenal is sh*t. Only simple strategies I know when I did the Survivors track is: Use Roland as bait, get either technicals to kill firemans (not sure if its efficient or not) and use sharpshooters to kill the fire brigades because technicals will take time to kill it whilst 3 lvl 10 Sharpshooters kills it with ease. Bonesaws can outrange expert tempest in the bases, approach with caution when killing a patrolling tempest in Eastern Horde 60. Ravagers, I cannot tell if they are effective or not because my Siege Squad is a standard one not elite or omega.

BFG turret can be annoying when killing it especially near AA. For Survivors track, use Roland or a hammer as a bait to provoke the turret and get technicals or whatever to lay waste to it. If the turret decided to target something else instead of the bait try move the bait closer or get your units out of the firing range and try again. Main track, a strong tanky unit will do like purifier or darkstrom; do not use cyclops or other corpus units unless you have Corpus buff on. Scramble might work can't tell due to lag. FYI BFG turret range is approx. 600 as it outranges Sunder with heroic tech which makes Sunder max range 575

Base attack and defence tips:
    Defence: place 4 purifiers fire at will in home base defence, they'll do the job in all defensive waves they might die in later waves so additional purifiers or other defensive units should do the job. 
    Base attacks:
    Second last base main track: Use Jugg, caretaker and Ardra can wipe out the front line with ease. If you're planning to drop PK's and Mavericks all over the base, I guess a spearhead assault with the 3 units can take out the missile bastion as long as you don't close to the railgun. End attack immediately if fire brigades spawned from the spawner. Second front line can be destroyed by Jugg sniping the fire brigades and Ardra protecting the Jugg. Prophet could do the job in the second last base by attacking walls or last stand defenders if they exist. Just bless RNG gods for the prophet shot to destroy what you desired to kill in the base. Destroy all buildings so don't waste time killing irrelevant fire mans.

Final base main track: Attack the right and take out the bastion, use 2 purifers or 1 purifer and Ardra and 2 caretakers with Jugg. Getting through the fire grate can be chaotic and hard to get all units through in one piece so time it correctly. I believe the fire grate goes inactive for about 5 seconds so you have 5 secs to move your sluggish units. Try keep all units in caretaker range, if using 2 caretakers lvl 10+ their health might drop down to yellow if some units are moving through the grate just after it activates. Destroy the closest overwatch from spawn then either target flood turret or drone silo to destroy the area with the missile bastion. Once missile bastion is down, prioritize on war factory spawner or deadeye the fire grate controller if you're willing to bring more units into the battle then drop as much missiles as you like until you think the base is easy enough to destroy without such hassle. If you're not a person that like to drop PK's everywhere, destroy as much of the base as you can before the attack end because the fire grate controller will come back alive after attack end. So use envoy's and wall snipe with Jugg also try destroy as much AA as you can that way you can use air to finish off the base and make life slightly easier. You have 90 mins to kill the base so take all the time you need don't rush.

Hope it helps you out and good luck in the event.  :)
  • Perry299
    Perry299
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 4,789

Knock Knock
    Who's there?
    Golden Army
    Golden Army Who?
    The same Golden Army that kicks your azz everyday of the week....

Psst.... still works... told ya... #Shredyachit :D

"Don't cry, Don't whine, it's a strategic game so either you GIT GUD or you Go Home"
  • nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Unicorn Overlord
    Perry299 said:

Knock Knock
    Who's there?
    Golden Army
    Golden Army Who?
    The same Golden Army that kicks your azz everyday of the week....

Psst.... still works... told ya... #Shredyachit :D

most vehicles seem to be able to defeat the horde in some form so far

• Cosmic Destructor
    Cosmic Destructor
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 792
    Twin titans also works nice, since the heavy aa turrets don't target them. The only threat to the titans are the expert tempests, which can be easily avoided.
    Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing left to learn but when there is nothing left to take away.
  • drag0nsun
    drag0nsun
    Master Tactician
    Twin titans also works nice, since the heavy aa turrets don't target them. The only threat to the titans are the expert tempests, which can be easily avoided.
    i will have to try it when i get a chance life and all that lol 
  • ThrowingJungle
    ThrowingJungle
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 86
    using hero units with the zombiefier tech and attacking the horde depots will turn them into friendly(fireman will attack horde units)

• Kairento
    Kairento
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2016 Posts: 540
    Actually, you missed out the fun part of Corpus's Spinx. With the damage redirection component equip for 2 Spinx (redirect 50% of damage to friendly unit to itself), they will stack 100% of damage from any other friendlies and make it an "AIR-TAKER"

Spinx can be use like a caretaker, but with a few firepower and relatively durable against Hunter missiles and other dedicated anti-air
    Kết quả hình ảnh cho samuel hayden doom
  • nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 21 Jul 2018, 12:37PM
    Kairento said:
    Actually, you missed out the fun part of Corpus's Spinx. With the damage redirection component equip for 2 Spinx (redirect 50% of damage to friendly unit to itself), they will stack 100% of damage from any other friendlies and make it an "AIR-TAKER"

Spinx can be use like a caretaker, but with a few firepower and relatively durable against Hunter missiles and other dedicated anti-air
    we actually wernt sure how useful this would be given the only ground units we left for corpus are units that are already good at tanking the horde`s damage,

and air units cant be targeted directly by the horde`s units anyway so it`s air-redirect wouldn't be a so much a "horde counter" as it is just sphinx vs basic turrets.

its only the only unit that was removed due to irrelevance to the faction we`re fighting directly, however if its found that our corpus sandbox is a little too low it can be added back in with an "if-then" statement.

• MX36
    MX36
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 3,261
    edited 21 Jul 2018, 4:02PM
    Nice work guys! keep it up!
    I have only completed one and a half run so far and during that I used DS, Sunder, Jericho, Sharpshooters, Roland, and Techs for ground.
    Envoy, Deena, Bonesaw, and Siege Squadron for air.
    Things that I would like to try next are: Hydra, Disruptor, Cerberus, and Skipjack. 

I also would like to add a few notes on the BFG turret.
    -BFG turrets only have 3 levels.
    -Projectiles land and roll behind the target leaving fire pools on the ground.
    -Most of those used in the main track are level 1 or 2.. (level 3 can be found in Base 80)

How to deal with them?
    Level 1 BFG has 660 range.
    If it's on a Ground Platform: can be destroyed by a direct hit from Sunder\Vindicators or rush it with Roland\Hammers.
    Airborne Platform: target directly using a level 5+ Javelin, a level 1+ Sharpshooter (with Spotter), or a level 20+ Jericho (with Gold HH)

Level 2 BFG has 700 range.
    Ground Platform: same as above^ Sunder or Roland.. etc 
    Airborne Platform: target directly with a level 7+ Javelin or a level 20 Sharpshooter (with Spotter). or hit & run with Jericho or Rocket Techs.

Level 3 BFG has 750 range
    Ground Platform: Ardra\Roland\Hammers can handle that better than the rest thanks to their thicc armor.
    Airborne Platform: none of the existing units can directly target that turret without getting hit. best way is to hit&run with Jericho or Rocket Techs.

When targeting a ground BFG platform with Sunder\Vindicators\Jericho, always directly target the turret itself and let the projectile land behind you. also try to keep the unit in place to avoid getting burned by the fire pool. Sunder is better than the Juggernaut at this, as his projectiles' travel time is shorter and he can destroy the platform faster even if it's linked to an Absorption turret.
    Will add more notes later...
    P Sherman, 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney.
  • nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 21 Jul 2018, 4:26PM
    MX36 said:
    I have only completed one and a half run so far and during that I used DS, Sunder, Jericho, Sharpshooters, Roland, and Techs for ground.
    Things that I would like to try next are: Hydra, Disruptor, Cerberus, and Skipjack. 

-Most of those used in the main track are level 1 or 2.. (level 3 can be found in Base 80)

How to deal with them?
    If it's on a Ground Platform: can be destroyed by a direct hit from Sunder\Vindicators or rush it with Roland\Hammers.
    Airborne Platform: target directly using a level 5+ Javelin, a level 1+ Sharpshooter (with Spotter), or a level 20+ Jericho (with Gold HH)

Airborne Platform: target directly with a level 7+ Javelin or a level 20 Sharpshooter (with Spotter). or hit & run with Jericho or Rocket Techs.

Ground Platform: Ardra\Roland\Hammers can handle that better than the rest thanks to their thicc armor.
    Airborne Platform: none of the existing units can directly target that turret without getting hit. best way is to hit&run with Jericho or Rocket Techs.

When targeting a ground BFG platform with Sunder\Vindicators\Jericho, always directly target the turret itself and let the projectile land behind you. also try to keep the unit in place to avoid getting burned by the fire pool. Sunder is better than the Juggernaut at this, as his projectiles' travel time is shorter and he can destroy the platform faster even if it's linked to an Absorption turret.
    thank you : ), that range is quite a bit higher than we had thought, careful with skipjack though as the immunity to concussion mixed with long range makes it difficult for breachers to combat firemen.

• drag0nsun
    drag0nsun
    Master Tactician
    MX36 said:

How to deal with them?

thanks for the info we was off on the range   
  • HotSausage
    HotSausage
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 427

Good luck with the event

• Adel Wael
    Adel Wael
    Master Tactician

I was playing with the valiants lately and i noticed that while their machine gun is moderatly effective against eh units their rockets are devestating as half a salvo from the valiants can kill a fireman while a full salvo can almost kill a fire brigade
    (Mine are lvl 14 so they can kill it easier at high lvls) so next event i do recommend using them if you have them at lvl 10

• Kar-Graal
    Kar-Graal
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 2,638
    this is an easy way without ground units used
    70 and 75 base with corpus faction trait bonuses

• ACRFTROOP
    ACRFTROOP
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 10
    dam alot of chit 2 follow I give up ok
    11TH-ACR-F-TROOP
  • Sasuke970
    Sasuke970
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Apr 2018 Posts: 1,165
    Actually,Hades is now useful as it packs burst damage.And the EH Nimbus takes more damage from the Hades than the Rocket Technical.
  • Adel Wael
    Adel Wael
    Master Tactician

@Sasuke970 said:
    Actually,Hades is now useful as it packs burst damage.And the EH Nimbus takes more damage from the Hades than the Rocket Technical.

Yeah it drops like flys

• Adel Wael
    Adel Wael
    Master Tactician

It appears that the life taker cant explode if you scramble him

• nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 25 Aug 2018, 8:00PM
    Sasuke970 said:
    machine gun technicals are super effective at taking them down aswell, i just left it out since there are other more practical alternatives to hades that were already on the list like furies and nyx, drakons(or santiago) with a supporting darkstorm, and polly for corpus, 

adel_50 said: It appears that the life taker cant explode if you scramble him it detonated on my polly when i was testing it, will have another look though

• drag0nsun
    drag0nsun
    Master Tactician
    edited 25 Aug 2018, 8:11PM
    Please Add tech Jericho in gear i'm waiting two years for this tech --> (R) HH-2 Targeting Tech 1 (+45 Range)
    i think you got the wrong section this is a guide not a request section  try posting that request  here https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/743382    if  you can not get onto the discord  where cm burny might have a better chance of seeing it  edit sorry posted the wrong link when i first  replyed it should be the right one  now