8.28 Discussion Thread

• kristommy
    kristommy
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 152

You aren't missing anything. These boats truly suck. Cant kill walls..can't kill with splash...but take splash damage on each boat.

They absolutely can do those things though.., unless you used thuds
    Home sector - 251
    Current sector - Could well be anywhere

• Joe_B222
    Joe_B222
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 1,211
    Joe_B222 said:
    Angus_B said:
    not sure I want to spend 40 mil and 18+ days on the dragon lead as it's flag effect is only within 125 range when the savage kodiak can hide in a corner and give the +50% defense for 8 days build time as it has no range limit
    The only way the flag is better then the Kodi, is if the deflections it adds to all the boats, will decrease the overall damage that adding a 5th hull to splash damage will cause.

Ill get it, and build it..   but if I take more damage in teh 117 then I currently do.. it will sit in my dock like the grid mono.

The base hull itself has some interesting stats.  Arguably more than the aura.  If those CM stats mean it can be a decent CM tank, that frees up my IDs for more damage potential.

I also wouldn't count on the 117 allowing the use of a savage sitting in the corner for much longer.  This is KIX afterall, so my guess is we'll end up seeing either something that targets and kills the Savage, or see it locked out completely.  Just my guess at this point.
    I already kill everything fast enough with the 4 IDs I currently have..  And for the most part the only thing hitting my fleet is the green flying missiles that cannot be countered..

yes I can get the tokens and move everything to the flag for a little better percentage.. BUT WHY???   I already shoot down everything that can be shot down.. 

If they lock out the Skodi from the 117s then its a Dik move on their part.   Wouldnt put it past them, but it is what it is.   Just like I expected with the flag..  Waiting this long kills it..    We already have the fleet working as good as we can get it,  The flag is not a big enough boost to warrant refitting the entire fleet to work it in. 

Just not impressed.

• Charlie Pugwash
    Charlie Pugwash
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 2,576
    edited 12 Jul 2018, 8:23PM
    Not at all happy about the hyper-30 being locked to the super-tier targets. I had a Caedes anyway, but it really makes me wonder: What was the point of pushing the Caedes last raid if you're going to continually say, to the few SUPER-WHALES who got them, actually, **** you, you're not allowed to use the Caedes you spent >$1000 on? No, not on that either. Or that. No, not that either. No. No. Not that either. We've got your money, now go away.

Seems like a very well targeted way of annoying your highest spending customers to me.

Moving on to the prizes...

Dragon looks very powerful, MDS3 is alright but nothing special for a limited blueprint that is years younger than it's rival, D6 armours are nice.

john joseph svelnys said:
    why no tier 7 missle turrets? they have been out around 4 months now
    They are obsolete.
    • "Best of luck, Captains! And may the odds be ever in your favour..."

• Raids Boycotted: Hellstrike, Lightning Carrier, Enforcer, Neptune- and at this rate, the entire upcoming Reaver raid series.

• First played: Shortly After Revenge Raid 2

• Cyanide Sandwich
    Cyanide Sandwich
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 1,166
    The main thing that ticks me off for this raid is that we HAVE to pick between the ID flag or the Manticore Flag. I was hoping to snag both so that I could outfit my Scattergun Manticore fleet with the flag for the upcoming hull store in august. Now I can't.

Battle Pirates
    In-game name: Cyanide Sandwich              
    Home Sector: 21                                          Ship Design Discussion Group (Open to all): https://www.facebook.com/groups/118022991724717/
    KIXEYE logic is the only logic and you ain't never logic'd till you've KIXEYE logic'd.

• dezy6666
    dezy6666
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 98
    Can we claim 1 greta's dragon and a makaras manticore as the are on either side of the prize ladder or is it one or the other

Only asking as I need a makara manitcore for my missle fleet 

Thank you in advance 
  • localridge43
    localridge43
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 100
    Joe_B222 said:
    Angus_B said:
    not sure I want to spend 40 mil and 18+ days on the dragon lead as it's flag effect is only within 125 range when the savage kodiak can hide in a corner and give the +50% defense for 8 days build time as it has no range limit
    The only way the flag is better then the Kodi, is if the deflections it adds to all the boats, will decrease the overall damage that adding a 5th hull to splash damage will cause.

Ill get it, and build it..   but if I take more damage in teh 117 then I currently do.. it will sit in my dock like the grid mono.

well let us know . then and only then will i build one ...thanks
  • SNAKE-PLISKEN
    SNAKE-PLISKEN
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 25
    one or the other cant get both in this raid
  • dezy6666
    dezy6666
    Potential Threat
    thought as much :( but thank you for your help :'(
  • Bouli
    Bouli
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 113
    The main thing that ticks me off for this raid is that we HAVE to pick between the ID flag or the Manticore Flag. I was hoping to snag both so that I could outfit my Scattergun Manticore fleet with the flag for the upcoming hull store in august. Now I can't.

You can pick both. They just would cost you 40 mill each then.

This was the same last raid with Proto Centurion on 1 side and the Manticore on the other side.  (although they only costed 20 mill each not 40 mill)
    I ended up just taking both. Choosing 1 didn't lock the other one for me, so you are not forced to take 1 certain path.

Unless they sneaky hotpatched this that you are forced to choose 1 side.
  • Bouli
    Bouli
    Minor Nuisance
    If the layout of the left and right prize list is the same as last raid you can take both.
    Last raid on the hull spot we had Proto Centurion on Left and Manticore on Right. And I ended up taking both hulls.
  • Mila Conor
    Mila Conor
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 214
    87 ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • Alan_Bridger38
    Alan_Bridger38
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2017 Posts: 100
    come on kix atleast give us a 2m completion bonus rather then nothing 
  • Shadows-13
    Shadows-13
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2016 Posts: 866
    Unlikely they rather you hit these 2 new targets we aren't ready and planned out for.
    Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Mashman
    Mashman
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 3
    was just wondering what the better more versatile fleet was?
    It's just a game, hit repair and get over it. 
  • dezy6666
    dezy6666
    Potential Threat
    Can any Moderator confirm please 
  • Bouli
    Bouli
    Minor Nuisance
    I use the Skyfire fleet myself. I do not own the Phoenix fleet so I can't speak for that one.
    The skyfire fleet I use for numerous things.

Last raid that fleet got me 100mill points. And outside the raid I can use it for the Daily Campaign with instant repair and also for even the highest Titanium targets with instant repair.
    The phoenix fleet probably can also do that, but unsure how much damage they will take during the daily tasks.
  • michael.west.750
    michael.west.750
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,598
    In the past it was one side or the other. You couldn't get both sides in same raid. They may have changed that last raid. Mod will have to find out.
  • mark.matthews.94
    mark.matthews.94
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 822
    I took two makaras in the last cycle - 
  • klington
    klington
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 871

Sky is auto fleet and Phoenix is akill fleet. Which is better for u..only u know.

• klington
    klington
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 871

Skill*

• TheDragon
    TheDragon
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 1,164
    well i know my build will do good. i was hoping kix would help for a change
  • Charlie Pugwash
    Charlie Pugwash
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 2,576
    Why in the world do you keep releasing turrets with 105 range? Every New base attack hull exceeds this range, friggin useless!

Agreed. A really good CM setup can stop the older hulls from dealing much damage, which can force people to rush, but the impact won't care, and neither will the better MSC drivers.
    • "Best of luck, Captains! And may the odds be ever in your favour..."

• Raids Boycotted: Hellstrike, Lightning Carrier, Enforcer, Neptune- and at this rate, the entire upcoming Reaver raid series.

• First played: Shortly After Revenge Raid 2

• Sputnik001
    Sputnik001
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 1,286
    butch1314 said:
    So are we going to have to choose between the manti flag or the dragon flag? If i remember right in the past you could only pick one side to redeem prizes from.
    Go for the Greta ID, Manti flag will be released in a TLC after this raid and the next - will promote coin builds....
  • Sputnik001
    Sputnik001
    Incursion Leader

If no bonus and points constant for 100s and 102s, what's the incentive for hitting 102s?

There is none, that's why only the new targets have the bonus associated with them.

Most likely they will be the same targets as from the last raid, hence players know them and could potentially drive them with less damage unlike the new ones...(thats until a path is found..)
  • Sputnik001
    Sputnik001
    Incursion Leader
    So with the shards....are they now only one (1) per redemption, and not five (5)??

Hellstar Shard

Ghostcrawler Shard

Man-O-War Shard

Proto-Nemesis Shard

Caedes Shard

• TheDragon
    TheDragon
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 1,164
    Why in the world do you keep releasing turrets with 105 range? Every New base attack hull exceeds this range, friggin useless!
    it gives tactic to the game, you cant have a single shot kill turret.......if you disagree your a noob with a farm.  btw it is very useful

• Commodore Clambeard
    Commodore Clambeard
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 734
    “A mage's soul is forged in the crucible of the magic” 
    ― Margaret WeisThe Soulforge
    ------
    Update Notes: Here (<--- Click Link)
    Discuss Below
    the prize list is as lame as that quote (im a huge DL fan, but that quote has pretty much no relevance to BP) .  also, the inundation of limited prizes is another way of pissing off players who have told how much they hate them. so, good job ;) 

• Soulvampyr
    Soulvampyr
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 318
    love the bug fixes. but think some things still missed....
    so anyone else's Jav 2 still not firing?