Pause button in PVE

steshot
steshot
Skilled Warrior
Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 392
Rather than always complaining, here's an option i'd love Kixeye to consider - 
A PAUSE BUTTON during PVE battles.
I know its impractical/impossible in pvp, but in pve it would be a massive help for several reasons.
1. Simply, in real life, we often get called away at a moments notice, and if in the middle of a battle, whether tlc or chore, it would be great to just pause the target. Retreat takes too long, and may cause loss of battle or respawn etc.
2. Some targets it would helpful to just view things for a minute, where staying still would cause death. This reason would help us, but not a reason kix would like i'm sure, lol.
3. It gives us a bit more control over our game, and PVE is meant to be when WE want.

Just a thought?
  • The Qing
    The Qing
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 1,701
    1. you should only start a battle when you're sure that you can complete it uninterrupted.
    2. most PvE stages do not damage your ships if you do not move from spawn. Observe it all you want.
    3. PvE is not fully separate from PvP. There can always be a fleet sniper about waiting for you. You can't simply pause a stage while everything else moves in real time.
    Omae wa mou shindeiru.
  • VvVvVvVvV
    VvVvVvVvV
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 543
    Like he said, the real world intrudes and sometimes you just have to attend to something. 

Some scenarios are complicated and very often things don't reveal themselves until late in the combat. That's where Pause would be very nice. The same thing can be accomplished by recording the battle and stepping thru the playback later, but that's a lot of extra overhead and requires advance planning. 

It would be fair if the scenario countdown timer continued to run, so that time spent analysing the situation counted against you -- and the Retreat button should not move, Pause should not be a backdoor way to get an easier retreat. 

I don't see how a sniper has any bearing on this at all. Getting hit by a sniper is a separate battle entirely. One battle is PvE, the other is PvE. Maybe you have a point that a player could use pause to give himself more time if he knows a sniper is waiting for him, but if the countdown timer continues to run, Pause would have no affect on that. 

The game should be player-oriented, Pause would be a player benefit. Given the issues of interacting with the countdown timer, the Retreat time, and the huge number of objects in motion at any one time, probably not easy to do. But would be a nice step in the right direction. 

Battle Pirates -- 5 minutes of game play, 12 hours of repair

“Too many F2P games focus on whale spending. Pay to win is not a sustainable model for the games ecosystem.” -- Will Harbin interview on GamesBeat, Oct 2014
  • LofLLightningStrike
    LofLLightningStrike
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 447

@steshot said:
    I know its impractical/impossible in pvp, but in pve it would be a massive help for several reasons.
    1. Simply, in real life, we often get called away at a moments notice, and if in the middle of a battle, whether tlc or chore, it would be great to just pause the target. Retreat takes too long, and may cause loss of battle or respawn etc.
    2. Some targets it would helpful to just view things for a minute, where staying still would cause death. This reason would help us, but not a reason kix would like i'm sure, lol.
    3. It gives us a bit more control over our game, and PVE is meant to be when WE want.

Just a thought?

Why on earth would Kixeye give the players time to pause and study the battle? Pause at different parts to take time to work out every exact move we make?

It would lead to Kixeye ultimately losing money, due to the player base drastically reducing repair times.

Do the noobs ever think these great ideas through?

• TheHolsh
    TheHolsh
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 4,164
    Would never happen for tlc's unless it also stops the fleet you are repairing in your base. People would repair their tlc fleet while having a gb in the tlc target paused.
    Image result for one piece gif luffy crew"Are we friends? Or are we foes? That kind of thing you decide for yourselves! "
  • steshot
    steshot
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 392

@steshot said:

Just a thought?

Why on earth would Kixeye give the players time to pause and study the battle? Pause at different parts to take time to work out every exact move we make?

It would lead to Kixeye ultimately losing money, due to the player base drastically reducing repair times.

Do the noobs ever think these great ideas through?

please keep this respectful, or mods will have to close it. i don't need to be insulted, when i actually said what u said in pt2, which is why i said pt2. It is pt1 that it would be a great help for. I am well aware of the mechanics of the game.
  • Benjamin Jewell
    Benjamin Jewell
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 109
    This would be a great idea if it was implemented such that a crash or disconnect would pause you because you did not click the battles will continue button.