Link:Vega Conflict Base Planner Web Version.
Ok, let's try this again and this time in a browser. The standalone app wasn't quite as successful as I had hoped. Either people just didn't care, or it didn't cover enough platforms. Only a handful of players ever tried it. After the last major base change a few months ago, I worked on it for quite a while till Kix made changes again, and I decided to try another approach. People complain about weak bases and while that's partly true, it's mainly due to poor base designs. People seemed eager enough the first time around and since some have asked for one, lets try again and see if they will use it this time.
The browser version is a bit simpler. You won't get to choose fancy colors and many other things, as you did with the app, and for now it only supports Bridge 8. I may change that depending on demand and if people actually use it. The coding needed to do that is quite extensive, so to spend months and even years on something that only two people will ever use, is not time well spent.
The layout is quite similar to the app, but I've optimized it quite a bit and given you several ways of keeping track of everything.
The design code may seem a bit long, especially if you fill every slot on every structure, but if you consider that it contains information about 102 structures, their locations and the content of 395 slots, a few hundred characters may not seem that long after all. Even so, I may implement the code system I used in the app. That should shorten it quite a bit.
Base level and experience are not fully implemented yet. Still missing some data on various base levels. I need more (preferably all) before I can implement those. Also, I still do not have exp values on all items, as that would require 10+ accounts and literally years to gather.
For now there's no Dps Meter. To get that to work in the standalone app was quite simple, but it's a bit tricky to do with a browser. The method used to calculate an irregular dynamic shape, could slow down everything quite significantly. I'll add it when I come up with a reasonable way to implement it, that won't require calculating one million polygons. I do have some ideas, though, so may work on that next.
Expect to run into some problems if you use Internet Explorer, as IE doesn't fully support HTML5. Microsoft is bent on pushing people towards buying newer versions of Windows, so they've left out some crucial features. If IE is your only option, then you should give FlashCanvas (flashcanvas.net
) a try.
Keep in mind when you design a base; Tier 6 - 7 hulls have 40-50% resist against Xeno, Siege Casing grants 40-50% resist against projectile and most players use additional resist mods on their hulls. Add to that resists from PRAL armor, so even though they hit more often than most weapons, weapons like Storm Driver, Eclipse Driver and Xeno Eclipse Driver aren't as effective as you may think.
Haven't done any web coding in years, so there are bound to be some quirks here and there. Give it a whirl and let me know if you find any.
Yeah, I know, "The End Is Nigh", and "We're all doomed" and all that, but I'm gonna put it out there anyway for you to mess around with, should you feel the need.
More to come.
- Drag and drop as you would in-game. Single click to select a structure.
- Structures will show if they're fitted with weapons, but not the levels of the weapons.
- This will provide you with a quick overview of the loadout of your structures, and tell you if a structure is fitted correctly or is overloaded.
- It acts as a tree view, so click a structure to open that group, if you want to see a specific one.
- You can select structures directly from here.
- Click a slot to show the item list, then click the item you want in the list, to fit it in the slot. Keep in mind that you won't be able to fit two of the same mods, or two different types of shields.
- Just like in-game, some structures have more slots than what can fit on a single page. The layer button will switch between pages.
- To remove an item from a slot, first select the slot, then select it again, or simply just double click the slot.
- Hover an item or a resist, to get varius info about it.
Whenever a change is made, the design code in the address bar is updated. Should you need the same design at a later date, either save the link or copy the full address and store it somewhere.
Click the banner to start a new design. Should you click it by mistake, just go back one page and it should take you to the design you were working on.Structure Menu.
- To turn Fleetbay or Factory, first select either, then click the turn button top right. Make sure there's enough space to turn it first.
- Items can be copied from one structure to another and from any structure to any other (eg. bridge to storage or hangar), so you don't have to go through the same process every time, if you want a similar loadout on several. Middle button top right on the grid is Copy, while the right one is Paste.
- Here you can change how many Storage Modules and Antimatter Silos you want, as well as if you want the Commerce Module or not.
- Turn collateral damage on, if you want to see the effects of placing structures too close to eachother.
- The ship is for testing ranges. With the Dps Meter, it can give you an idea of how much damage is dealt to it when within range.
- This is where you will find the same languages as you find in-game, if you need it.
- Enter how many you have top left and the chart will list the medal range you need to target, for best possible results.
- Replaced the old sidebars with a new tree system.
- Replaced all item icons.
- New loadout system to accommodate the ever-increasing number of slots.
- New item selection.
- Updated the UI.
- Updated structure info.
- All weapon levels will now show on structures.
- Added the new Spawner Modules.
- Added additional Combat Modules.
- Added additional Terminus Mines.
- Added Rife Missile Turret.
- Added Caliber Driver Turret.
- Added Blaze Sentry.
- Updated various other data.
- Added new XP values for Nova Missile Turret, Atomic Driver
Turret, NET Burst Torpedo Turret, Resonant Plates, Xeno Field, Plasma
Field and Blight Field.
- Fixed a bug where if you fitted a level 4
Xeno/Plasma/Blight weapon on a combat module, field view didn't reflect
it was a level 4.
- Fixed a bug with shield energy bonus from
resonant plates, where plates from all structures, could increase shield
energy on each individual shield on other structures.
- Bridge, Combat Module, Fleet Bay, Ship Factory, Storage Module and Antimatter Silo have all been upgraded.
- Two additional Combat Modules, Energy Therminus Mines and Kinetic Terminus Mines have been added.
- New shields; Xeno Field, Plasma Field, Blight Field.
- New armor; Resonate Plates.
- New weapons; Nova Missile Turret, Atomic Driver Turret, NET Burst Torpedo Turret.
- Localized most of the new items. Will do the rest, once they're offered in the game again.
- Added support for armor, which increases shield energy.
- Various damage indicators now include structure damage bonus.
- Updated structure upgrade info.
- Activated level and XP.
- Improved overall performance.
- Various minor tweaks and improvements.
- Fixed a bug where sidebars wouldn't update correctly, when you Copied & Pasted a module loadout.
- Fixed a bug where structures disabled through settings, could still be selected.
- Fixed a bug where loadout mass stat wouldn't clear when deselecting a structure.
- Added additional items info.
- Added structure upgrade info.
- Fixed missing bonus armor.
- Added resist slots to Bridge, Combat Module and Hangar.
- Added EN/EX/KI/PL/BL resistors.
- Added Nightingale and Nighthawk Wings.
- Added Energy and Kinetic mines.
- Hangar is now level 16, which supports 2 wings.
- Updated UI to show blight resist.
- Various other UI changes.
- Added ENAL/EXAL/KIAL Tungsten Plates.
- Added EN/EX/KI Tungsten Plates.
- Fixed a minor visual bug.
- Added Sai Missile Turret.
- Added Tungsten Plates.
- Added Epsilon ECHO Cannon Turret.
- Added resists to the UI.
- Added some missing localization.
- Renamed Projectile to Kinetic for all items and all languages.
- Fixed a couple modules with incorrect data.
- Added Ranger Wing, Hunter Wing, Yellowtail Wing, Bluetail Wing and Fury Wing.
- Added EN-, EX-, PR-, ENAL-, EXAL- and PRAL Heavy Talonite Plates.
- Added support for resist armor.
- Added support for health per unit.
- Added missing Xeno mods.
- Various minor UI changes.
- Added Redhawk Wing.
- Localized Bombardment Torpedo Turret.
- Added Bombardment Torpedo Turret.
- Added Charger Wing.
- Added collateral damage to settings.
- Added medals graph.
- A few minor UI fixes.
- Added Gladiator Wing.
- Fixed a small bug where the Hangar wouldn't redraw its weapon circle correctly when dragged.
- Added Exophase Field.
- Fixed a couple of item names.
- Added Dps Meter.
- Added the last of the Xeno names in Chinese.
- Fixed a minor bug where items would only display their names in English, if the names were too short.
- Minor UI changes.
- Web release version.