The Road To Hell Event is the Tombstone for middle level players...

• Axel L
    Axel L
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 11,060
    The hardest event from the begining of this game.. Seriously kixeye is desperate for coins-money.. There is no other explanation for this ridiculous difficulty level in all event bases... 1,5 M xp per hero fuction is too much for this event.. need reduction to 1/3  500k xp per hero..
    I can say that this event is not the hardest event created by kixeye at this time. Operation Decent was by far much worse if you compare the events with difficulty as Tier A was easier in the beginning than Tier B and the only way for low level players to get more than 2,500 XP was to beat a Jackal in Tier C (not too simple).

The only true issue I have with the difficulty in the event is that the faction track is slightly too difficult (especially the Corpus track) and that the first defence missions and the second and third attack mission was slightly too difficult for low level players. On the other hand, the latter bases are actually somewhat enjoyable to crack if you have at least some units to do it.
     <|=  0330 1323 1103 1211 0312 1201 1302 1203 0230 1220 0200  =|> 
     <|=  0302 0320 1310 1220 1211 0200 1313 1233 1302 1210 0230  =|> 
     <|=  0200 1211 0310 1303 0321 1301 1311 1221 1312 0312 1201  =|> 
     <|=  1230 1221 1211 0230 0320 0301 1232 1203 1211 0200 1221  =|> 
     <|=  1232 0200 1201 0302 0200 1210 0320 1221 1203 0232 1310  =|> 
     <|=  0232 1221 1233 1232 1201 1302 1321 0232 0232 0332 1331  =|> 
  • Axel L
    Axel L
    Unicorn Overlord
    The hardest event from the begining of this game.. Seriously kixeye is desperate for coins-money.. There is no other explanation for this ridiculous difficulty level in all event bases... 1,5 M xp per hero fuction is too much for this event.. need reduction to 1/3  500k xp per hero..
    There are a TON of things on sale this event.  Instead of pushing for the highest end content, I strongly encourage you to take this opportunity to spend XP on building out the core of your army.  For high level players who have everything, they can pursue the Heroes.  For other players, take this as an opportunity to catch up on units you need to push farther in the future.

Plenty of people talk about how we release too much content, but this month is an lull for mids and lowers to catch-up a bit and focus on the content that will allow them to excel.

I am a high level player WT and I have made it through to 115 and because I refuse to do your **** token bases, I find myself screwed. 115 is impossible with std level phalanx.  I have spent a ton of money on this game but I am done. I am beyond sick of paying to try and keep up when in reality every month I get further behind your fcking crazy power curve. 

I am not just upset, I am fully pissed off and so many of my coining friends are in the same place.  
    I have found with advice on the forums that the Blackout is a pretty effective unit at taking down the Verkraft Blackout boss. I have tried this strategy with a level 25 Elite Blackout and Phalanx and it worked without getting too much damage on my Blackout. The final base is not always a base that should be given out for free to the high level players.
  • xxCroftYxx
    xxCroftYxx
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2017 Posts: 1,143
    snydersh said:
    There are a TON of things on sale this event.  Instead of pushing for the highest end content, I strongly encourage you to take this opportunity to spend XP on building out the core of your army.  For high level players who have everything, they can pursue the Heroes.  For other players, take this as an opportunity to catch up on units you need to push farther in the future.

Plenty of people talk about how we release too much content, but this month is an lull for mids and lowers to catch-up a bit and focus on the content that will allow them to excel.

I am a high level player WT and I have made it through to 115 and because I refuse to do your **** token bases, I find myself screwed. 115 is impossible with std level phalanx.  I have spent a ton of money on this game but I am done. I am beyond sick of paying to try and keep up when in reality every month I get further behind your fcking crazy power curve. 

I am not just upset, I am fully pissed off and so many of my coining friends are in the same place.  
    you cannot call yourself a high level player in regards to events if you dont have high level units. You can be a level 55 for all i care, but with level 10 units i consider you to be a mid range player. Since defense doesnt hold back from doing events being a high level with low units means nothing. therefore how can you complain about difficulty when you are not willing to have high level units?? thats one of the most ridiculous complaints i have ever heard. What on earth are you spending money on if you cant even get high level units? i mean honestly.....why should standard level phalanx be able to kill the level 115 base?

I have pretty much every unit ever released, and until the token system was introduced virtually everything was maxed. I am sick of grinding endless bases all the same for stuff , so now I just max the units I like to use.  The biggest downside of tokens is you get them for a range of units that suck. Most of my money goes on PvP as that's why I started playing this game, not of farming fcking token bases as a career path. 
  • xxCroftYxx
    xxCroftYxx
    Incursion Leader

You complain about falling behind but you refuse to do token bases.  Hmmm I wonder what your problem is?  

My problem is I am sick of grinding bases. I play this to relax after the stresses of life. If your idea of fun is grinding the same sh!tty overpowered base over and over and over again then that's great, but its really not mine .
    We have some new features in development to help fix that. The game can be grindy, and we're working to reduce that.

I appreciate your feedback, though. What about the token bases do you not like?

Regards,
    Goldendoodle

Hi Goldendoodle, repetition and tokens for units I do not use is the big issue. Also the bases are very time consuming for such slow progress.   The faction concept is great, but in reality we gravitate to units that suit our playing style and all the factions have good, bad and pretty ugly units. Combined they make a great team, as a single faction they all lack something.
  • xxCroftYxx
    xxCroftYxx
    Incursion Leader
    Axel L said:

I have found with advice on the forums that the Blackout is a pretty effective unit at taking down the Verkraft Blackout boss. I have tried this strategy with a level 25 Elite Blackout and Phalanx and it worked without getting too much damage on my Blackout. The final base is not always a base that should be given out for free to the high level players.

Thanks Axel, I have done it now and got all 3 heros. But the enjoyment factor has been less than zero sadly.
  • ivan.henning.31
    ivan.henning.31
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 24
    this game blows. i log in set up grades and the repairs from getting them and log out not played this game properly now for the last 2 events , yes I'm doing event but maybe 20 minutes at a time i only do the upgrades in the hope it gets better, and i'm not to far behind. 

• snydersh
    snydersh
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2014 Posts: 3,472
    snydersh said:

you cannot call yourself a high level player in regards to events if you dont have high level units. You can be a level 55 for all i care, but with level 10 units i consider you to be a mid range player. Since defense doesnt hold back from doing events being a high level with low units means nothing. therefore how can you complain about difficulty when you are not willing to have high level units?? thats one of the most ridiculous complaints i have ever heard. What on earth are you spending money on if you cant even get high level units? i mean honestly.....why should standard level phalanx be able to kill the level 115 base?

I have pretty much every unit ever released, and until the token system was introduced virtually everything was maxed. I am sick of grinding endless bases all the same for stuff , so now I just max the units I like to use.  The biggest downside of tokens is you get them for a range of units that suck. Most of my money goes on PvP as that's why I started playing this game, not of farming fcking token bases as a career path. 
    i understand that grinding sucks and all that and obviously it is your choice how you choose to play the game, but all i am saying is that if you choose not to level up your phalanx's dont be surprised if they cannot beat the highest level base in an event.
    don't read the post too long or you might not see me coming up behind you. ;)
  • xxCroftYxx
    xxCroftYxx
    Incursion Leader
    snydersh said:
    snydersh said:

i understand that grinding sucks and all that and obviously it is your choice how you choose to play the game, but all i am saying is that if you choose not to level up your phalanx's dont be surprised if they cannot beat the highest level base in an event.

It is not a shock and to be honest I think lots of us struggle on faction tracks as not every unit is maxed. All my faction units range from 10 - 14 and no higher.  If I am now required to spend a big chunk of my available game time farming token bases after all the other farming that's required, then its time war commander and I parted company. 
  • snydersh
    snydersh
    Unicorn Overlord
    snydersh said:
    snydersh said:

It is not a shock and to be honest I think lots of us struggle on faction tracks as not every unit is maxed. All my faction units range from 10 - 14 and no higher.  If I am now required to spend a big chunk of my available game time farming token bases after all the other farming that's required, then its time war commander and I parted company. 
    that (in my understanding) is exactly the point of the faction tracks. High xp reward, trophy unlocks whatever new unit was released and restart tokens for the high level players pushing to get everything like the trophy and 200 of every unit........they are not necessary to do and the lower/more casual players can focus on the main tracks to get the new units and stay competitive. you can get enough xp by doing most of the main track and using the restart tokens wisely. 
    Not everyone is meant to be able to them or even simply consider them worth doing. they are kind of the extra part if you want more.
  • thomas.king.1044
    thomas.king.1044
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 11
    This is the shittiest event ever run. DC city, half my players freeze up. I think Kixeye programmers in over their heads finally. This game really **** sucks these past 2 events. You spend more time waiting for the freezing Lag to let up than actual play time itself. Kixeye, you really are **** your players at this point. Remember this, we made you, we can break you and stop playing this **** poorly run server. I think its time you realize your programmers do NOT understand the flash player program boundries. Is the brass rushing them causing them to cause so many errors loading? That crap of what we unlocked/won when we go into our bases, they pile up and thats the some of the source. Get rid of this **** form of programming and come up with something new. Those IN-BASE banners NEED to go.. SERIOUSLY. Thats a large part of problem. Just wanted to say thanks for **** half my team this event. Thanks dummies. Thanks for such a rat **** crap **** event.
  • snydersh
    snydersh
    Unicorn Overlord
    This is the shittiest event ever run. DC city, half my players freeze up. I think Kixeye programmers in over their heads finally. This game really **** sucks these past 2 events. You spend more time waiting for the freezing Lag to let up than actual play time itself. Kixeye, you really are **** your players at this point. Remember this, we made you, we can break you and stop playing this **** poorly run server. I think its time you realize your programmers do NOT understand the flash player program boundries. Is the brass rushing them causing them to cause so many errors loading? That crap of what we unlocked/won when we go into our bases, they pile up and thats the some of the source. Get rid of this **** form of programming and come up with something new. Those IN-BASE banners NEED to go.. SERIOUSLY. Thats a large part of problem. Just wanted to say thanks for **** half my team this event. Thanks dummies. Thanks for such a rat **** crap **** event.
    good job trying to derail the thread......go somewhere else with your rants.
  • Juruco
    Juruco
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,775
    snydersh said:
    Juruco said:
    snydersh said:
    Juruco said:

You complain about falling behind but you refuse to do token bases.  Hmmm I wonder what your problem is?  

My problem is I am sick of grinding bases. I play this to relax after the stresses of life. If your idea of fun is grinding the same sh!tty overpowered base over and over and over again then that's great, but its really not mine .
    We have some new features in development to help fix that. The game can be grindy, and we're working to reduce that.

Regards,
    Goldendoodle
    may be a lil late for that.... 

I wish there were other ways to get tokens besides the bases.... I've played less and less over the last 4-5 months. mostly cause I can't get thru any of the new versions of shadow op bases (if I do get one, don't have enough time to repair to come back and do another before it's over). I managed to do every shadow op until the last unit came out (drop ship one). can't get thru any of the mini events cause I can't keep up with upgrades... being they are to long. each event I don't get as far as previous event. So I end up getting less and less xp to get things I need to stay a float. But I am literally getting left behind cause I don't spend 24/7 on this game. Not going to coin, cause of all the problems the game has. 

so tell me what's the purpose of me staying on and playing this game any more? after 5 years. 

what is so hard about the 45 bases? a couple of pk's and its wide open. 
    maxed pk's right? haven't even had chance to unlock them yet. so from there I end up using units... can only do 1, maybe 2 at a time before I need to repair. and that is going from being able to do 2 70s in 30 minutes before the massive power jump 4+ months ago. Was able to do the 2 70s with tactics, but now only tactic I've been able to use is brute force. Which is failing cause my units aren't up to par. 

That was just barely being able to keep up with repairs, upgrades and just doing shadow ops and the main event. though i've been slowly getting less further in events for the last year. 
    well my advice is to get your pk's maxed because thats not hard and i makes many things a lot easier. plus they are much cheaper than stealth rockets.
    i dont know much about the power jump you mention since i only came back 2 months ago after a year break, but i havent had any issues with any of the shadow ops bases or events.
    my real problem is the upgrades... there's way to many things to upgrade. I don't have every thing upgraded. Think the only thing I have maxed out is valks. nearly everything else is lvl 5 or lower... minus a few units. 
    but for me the power jump happened when the gen 2 units started coming out. in the events, I can usually squeeze out getting one or 2 of the new units for an event. more if I'm lucky. 
    though I will check into seeing about the pks though may have to upgrade my defense building a few levels. barely remember I have missiles let alone use them. stopped that when none of them would make it blow something up. even on the out skirts of a base.
    gathering resources ain't easy either, unless you have tons of time on your hands especially thor... which I don't any more. 
    for me any more it's about time. time to upgrade, time to hunt for resources... just takes to **** long any more. especially to just sit there and study a base to see what would be best to attack it with. 
  • snydersh
    snydersh
    Unicorn Overlord
    Juruco said:
    my real problem is the upgrades... there's way to many things to upgrade. I don't have every thing upgraded. Think the only thing I have maxed out is valks. nearly everything else is lvl 5 or lower... minus a few units. 
    but for me the power jump happened when the gen 2 units started coming out. in the events, I can usually squeeze out getting one or 2 of the new units for an event. more if I'm lucky. 
    though I will check into seeing about the pks though may have to upgrade my defense building a few levels. barely remember I have missiles let alone use them. stopped that when none of them would make it blow something up. even on the out skirts of a base.
    gathering resources ain't easy either, unless you have tons of time on your hands especially thor... which I don't any more. 
    for me any more it's about time. time to upgrade, time to hunt for resources... just takes to **** long any more. especially to just sit there and study a base to see what would be best to attack it with. 
    i hear that.....but as a side note. the game goes through phases, when i left the game over a year ago, the tempests had recently come out and had anti missile tech, so pk's were not worth anything at all. Now most bases dont have tempests since they are a little behind the power curve and in many bases, pk's are a great option. 
    Same goes for valks, at one point micro healed valks were the only thing anyone used on event, then when sf came out they were killed far enough away that they couldnt activate their suicide vest and became useless. now though since all kixeye towers are full of those rocket guys that cant hit moving targets and the other infantry have low range, i often use micro healed valks in events to hit the thorium bombs or towers.
    while you may not have the time to crack every base yourself, at least check out a youtube video and see what others are doing so you can stay up to date 
  • StaimB
    StaimB
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 781
    FBHO said:

You released 3 new heroes plus a tech - then you made it all "last chance" - that's too much new content. 
    You should have only released one hero or at least made them available for the next 3 months.
    The new hero's are all not that important like Ardra, for example. There's also no new unit that needs upgrade. So we have a month of catching up with upgrades on units. That didn't happen for a very long time.
  • snydersh
    snydersh
    Unicorn Overlord
    StaimB said:
    FBHO said:

You released 3 new heroes plus a tech - then you made it all "last chance" - that's too much new content. 
    You should have only released one hero or at least made them available for the next 3 months.
    The new hero's are all not that important like Ardra, for example. There's also no new unit that needs upgrade. So we have a month of catching up with upgrades on units. That didn't happen for a very long time.
    i'd argue that polly is very important with stealth and scramble, but max and burnside dont seem that useful. 
  • StaimB
    StaimB
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 781
    snydersh said:
    StaimB said:
    FBHO said:

i'd argue that polly is very important with stealth and scramble, but max and burnside dont seem that useful. 
    The scramble effect is maybe not bad, but Polly can't use it stealth as long as you get Radio towers lvl5+ in enemy bases, maybe combined with anti-missile - or PvE cave bases.
  • Axel L
    Axel L
    Unicorn Overlord
    Axel L said:

Thanks Axel, I have done it now and got all 3 heros. But the enjoyment factor has been less than zero sadly.
    I have actually enjoyed the event a lot except for the 3rd faction mission which is one of the most brutal bases ever released in recent time. I have no interest in dealing with is anymore as it's designed to be brutal.
  • snydersh
    snydersh
    Unicorn Overlord
    StaimB said:
    snydersh said:
    StaimB said:
    FBHO said:

The scramble effect is maybe not bad, but Polly can't use it stealth as long as you get Radio towers lvl5+ in enemy bases, maybe combined with anti-missile - or PvE cave bases.
    I know the stealth is not as useful as in the past, but i often find times with an odd rail or avalanche near the end of a base somewhere that is tough to reach without taking a it and she would be able to scramble it.
  • aquadealer
    aquadealer
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 351

Regards,
    Goldendoodle
    Goldendoodle I have been hearing that same crap for over 5 years.  There is no slow down to the grind it only gets worse.  I also refuse to do token bases they are over powered and the lottery prizes the majority of the time give you tokens to units no one wants or needs.  Just another typical bullcrap bait and switch from kixeye.
  • Sarkis 2
    Sarkis 2
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2017 Posts: 599
    **** the thorium blackout with elite blackout ???
    RFT admin

• Red_Handed
    Red_Handed
    Master Tactician
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 2,204

the last two event was just perfect, it allow mid level player to catch up... this one is over the top and all you have done is piss off the player base even more ... why do you keep doing this crap to us ? even if a mid player want to get the sale ticket, they will still be behind

This event is even more suited than the last two for lows and mids to catch up. The heroes are not for the lows and mids. They can be had if you really grind and spend all of your xp on one hero. Yeah the heroes are expensive and the later bases are a little insane but the difficulty reflects the reward.

robbo40 said:

wrong thinker this event really sucks for all levels 115 base is just stupid , first event in a long time i cannot complete , not fun at all. feels like you guys are just having a laugh at us players , please suggest how to complete 115 base in the time allowed , 
    I've done each faction track once now and Survivors is by far the easiest. Use It's Electric. Use a mav to set off the bombs up front. PK the rail launcher. It wont die in one PK, deploy Roland or a Hammer (bring extra Hammers cuz they will die faster) and the boss will come to you while the PK cooldown finishes. I used 14 level 10 Technicals on my alt half AA half no custom weapon and they ate that boss alive half health in the first assault. When the boss runs away launch another PK to take out the rail launcher. Send Roland to the back of the base and use the Techs to shock and kill all the tanks one by one, dodging any drones or thorium fire that comes after your Techs. After Roland is safe from the tanks move him closer to the boss and finish it with the Techs. I used Phalanx on Corpus and Acolytes on Sentinels. Acolytes worked better than Phalanx but Technicals slice through it like butter.

FBHO said:

Even mids and lows with enough determination can farm enough xp to unlock one hero. Snagging all three heroes on the other hand is more of a privileged reserved for the elite. If they gave us more than one event to get the new heroes everyone including lows and mids would have them unlocked and that would detract from their value as a unique. There will be chances to get them in the future. If you are not able to get all three you probably need to eat your vegetables and grow before you start eyeing dessert.

snydersh said:

My Phalanx are level 20 and they barely survived with a sliver of red. That was my mistake, I completely forgot about Hades. It makes me feel a little better I wasn't the only one who spaced on the Hades. lol