Buccaneer Boon or 5th buccaneer?

Alex11111
Alex11111
Strike-force Captain
Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 745
I find 40mil in raid points is a bit too much for just a heal bonus over 5th buccaneeer! Is there maybe some hidden bonus, which i dont understand, otherwise why bother with this flag?
  • heat.miser.37
    heat.miser.37
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 436
    Agree with Timberwolf.  Though the boon hull takes about 7 days longer to build compared to regular buc, it will be a benefit over the long haul.

I believe it transfers armor to the rest of the fleet.  When docking for repairs, the damage appears to be more evenly distributed among the fleet.  This is benefit for those who like doing those quick instant repairs by ship.
  • Typhoons
    Typhoons
    Master Tactician
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 2,403

The boon is worth the extra build time.

DoomRooster said
    This Warn You 
  • Cookie Diver
    Cookie Diver
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 354
    BOON Hands DOWN... it can keep your fleet healthy upto 75% for the same cost as repairing a single hull!!!  the boon is DEF DEF DEF worth the extra build time... even if it only has a single cannon on it with the specials/armour...

Of all the things I've lost.... I miss my mind the most!!!
  • John1975
    John1975
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 2,343
    well when you lose your fleet all 5 ships dead. You repair the Boon then repair ea of the other 4 ships for 10 sec ea.  Leave your with say 8hr repair. Put them all in with the Boon and hit a salvage drive to corner and the boon repairs the other 4 back to 75% when done your repair is 2 hrs so you trimmed off about 6 hrs repair time.

Same with Skyfires  Yes well worth having the flag ship
    BadMoFo RYFG TTMX Level 117
  • PenguinPants
    PenguinPants
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 1,572
    Worth having, even if just naked. It's healing ability makes the Bucc highly economical. Some are even building a 5th normal Bucc so that the flag can just stay in dock repairing constantly. 
  • Zeus6927
    Zeus6927
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 800
    Boon is a fleet changer....nuff said
  • BANZAI_Bill
    BANZAI_Bill
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 633
    edited 19 Feb 2018, 3:12AM
    Boon Hands down. the 75% threshold for healing is nice and it's high armor value really help out...Not to mention it heals the entire fleet at once from a massive range.