dead bases???

david.artois
david.artois
Potential Threat
Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 57
why dont kix build some bases of all lvls and fill the dead sectors with them, as im fed up hitting dead bases, not for prizes but so we can get our ally points and have some fun.
  • Fleas_In_My_Beard
    Fleas_In_My_Beard
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jan 2018 Posts: 1,000
    You mean PvE Forsaken bases to hit that are tagged & set up according to what such levelled bases might be expected to have techwise? & perhaps appropriately set up, so that they can't be farmed? IE, bases that are level locked? If you're a big player, you can't hit more than 10 levels below, for example?
    Another example, a level 50 base might just have research tech & say.. Ramparts with Thuds, or Campaign cannons, or 60s have Goliaths, & ranked accordingly?
    60s with Campaign tech like Javelins, 50s with Sentinel 5s? & again, all level locked by a factor of 10.. No medals to be taken, but can be lost, res to steal, & maybe their bubbles pop after 12 hours instead of 36? (It could be a great source of res for players of ALL levels)

Fleas for free for all pirates, you're very welcome
  • Petushock
    Petushock
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2017 Posts: 562
    Also would be nice to have indication, that this base is destroyed, so you wont even enter it. And make some cleaning among low lvl bases, who is below lvl 20, have only few hours played and does not come back in long time. Merge sectors with low activities.
    I'm new, started in Nov 2017, not coiner, low-mid player. Apparently im high lvl now, cause able to get everything from raid. Whiners gonna whine.
  • Fleas_In_My_Beard
    Fleas_In_My_Beard
    Incursion Leader
    edited 14 Feb 2018, 12:52PM
    Petushock said:
    Also would be nice to have indication, that this base is destroyed, so you wont even enter it. And make some cleaning among low lvl bases, who is below lvl 20, have only few hours played and does not come back in long time. Merge sectors with low activities.
    Amazingly, your comment has a dislike, yet it's valid.
    A simple green or red indicator such as on the FM blitz targets would suffice. Dead base not repaired, no bubble, red indicator. Live account, green.

Edit: Looked at the player profile of the disliker: L85, "39 medals" (maybe inaccurate) but probably doesn't play a lot. Therefore worried his base may be reaped.
  • Shapu_the_farm
    Shapu_the_farm
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 1,879
    bases should start repairing after bubble pops to be honest.
    I would suggest that there should be a login limit here.  If someone hasn't logged in in, say, 2 months, it shouldn't auto repair because suddenly a bunch of frustrated level 50 and 51 dead bases become alliance farms every day and a half. That defeats the purpose of the alliance points system.
  • davis.pollitt
    davis.pollitt
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 105

I would suggest that there should be a login limit here.  If someone hasn't logged in in, say, 2 months, it shouldn't auto repair because suddenly a bunch of frustrated level 50 and 51 dead bases become alliance farms every day and a half. That defeats the purpose of the alliance points system.
    So its better that Alliances farm level 50 players that are actually playing? Thus maybe driving them from the game?
  • SOUNDCHASER
    SOUNDCHASER
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 13
    "Dead" bases are somewhat easy to identify, for me anyway. For example: no (PvE) activity around that particular base (no cargo or FM targets nearby) is usually a good indicator. Granted, if the base is part of an alliance and there are other bases in, out or not in said alliance close to the base in question, it's somewhat difficult to recognize if there is PvE activity around base or not. But for the most part, that's a reasonable indicator and how I identify a dead base. (also, generally speaking, if upon a closer look at the base reveals a darker than usual appearance, that is an indication as well ... it is for me anyway). But I do however, agree with most pirates here that there needs to be an identifier that reveals the status of base. ie, dead: no activity in base for (time frame) OR if after base has not been logged into within 36  hours after hit the bubble remains until it is logged into, at which time the bubble 'pops'. I too am not happy with the ever increasing amount of 'dead' bases that I've been coming across at any level.
  • Fleas_In_My_Beard
    Fleas_In_My_Beard
    Incursion Leader
    I have a means of identifying dead bases, as I've come across plenty in my very short career. 
    Just look at the player profile & look at the events they participated in. If they've not participated in, let's say, the last 6... It's probably dead.
  • Shapu_the_farm
    Shapu_the_farm
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 1,879
    edited 14 Feb 2018, 8:18PM

So its better that Alliances farm level 50 players that are actually playing? Thus maybe driving them from the game?
    I think that's a separate issue.

The base-level cap is as mindless as the level-penalty cap on raids.  Level means nothing in this game.  I can make it to level 100 in a few months if I do nothing but build and scrap sea wolves, but that doesn't mean anything.

IMO base hitting and Raid target hitdown penalties should be based on TIER, rather than level.  I mean, our equipment, turrets, towers, and hulls are already given a tier value, right?  By instituting tier gating, we make the game about skill on an even playing field.

For base tier the weapons, turrets, and OP level are summed and then reduced to some number between 1 and 7.

For Raids, targets are already tiered, and have been since last winter.

So then fleet tier should based on some rubric combining hull tier, weapon tier, armor tier, and special tier, and reduced to a number between 1 and 7.

Ultimately, hitdown penalties and base hiit gating should be based on tier.  Do you want to hit a Tier 4 base?  Great.  You can't come in with higher than a T5 fleet.  T3?  Go for it.  T1?  If you're dumb, sure.  Knock yourself out.  

Are you hitting a T4 raid target?  Use a tier 4-4.9 fleet or get fewer points on the payout.  Are you hitting a T5 target?  5-5.9.  And so on and so forth.

This would solve a LOT of problems.  Level 50 players with Tier 1 tech wouldn't be able to be hit by the whales running their just-released BUS/Writ fleets.  They'd be protected by the tiering system.  Level 40 players with great tech would be fair game.  No more whales hitting on the babies.  Just a fair fight.  Maybe remove tier gating at level 75 or something.  But today level 50 means NOTHING, because level generally means nothing.

But on to the point of dead bases - no reason to let alliances game the system with auto-rebuilt bases that haven't been logged into in 4 years.