Zoe's Gamble - January Event Discussion

• Dazandren
    Dazandren
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,447
    @Templar614 can you or someone pass up that the 60's are showing as tier 6 in the event modal, but they show as tier 5 in the locator?
  • Dazandren
    Dazandren
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,447
    guess i'm an anomaly, i'm using my ironclads from a year ago with no charged armor, no countermeasures and no crew and am autoing the 60s.  i'm doing 3 full sets for 5-6 hrs repair for roughly 3 mil points using the build recommended on TFC a year ago for doing the raids then.  

i do have some tokens saved so am going to instant refit them to include shielded tactical system and 1 each phalanx and trident to cut down on damage hopefully.  working on a buccaneer fleet but it's not ready yet.  maybe next month.
  • wolf123
    wolf123
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 3,324
    edited 12 Jan 2018, 11:18AM
    Dazandren said:
    guess i'm an anomaly, i'm using my ironclads from a year ago with no charged armor, no countermeasures and no crew and am autoing the 60s.  i'm doing 3 full sets for 5-6 hrs repair for roughly 3 mil points using the build recommended on TFC a year ago for doing the raids then.  

i do have some tokens saved so am going to instant refit them to include shielded tactical system and 1 each phalanx and trident to cut down on damage hopefully.  working on a buccaneer fleet but it's not ready yet.  maybe next month.
    Same here, using a fleet of ironclads with mauser cannons, and a Zelos fleet with quake cannons. can even throw in a Zelos into your ironclad fleet, that can offer some of the countermeasure defence that you clearly looking for  ;) I'm shocked at how many people here DON'T have a Zelos fleet built considering the ships do so well in FM, normal and uranium bases, and lower end scourge grid targets...or maybe they do but haven't decided to think outside the box?
    ever had  a problem where you log on and someone is hitting your base, and wanted to view the world map while it happens? try this.
    1/select leadersboard.
    2/select player's medals.
    3/select any player there.
    4/select "find base"
    that may or may not take you to world map.
  • Proteus-606
    Proteus-606
    Master Tactician
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 2,195
    Dazandren said:

IC's seem to be doing better than bucks in many cases! A few of our guys are using them to great effect. It's slow going, but it works.
    Coming Soon in Kixeye land means "When Satan need to put the heating on"
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 8,257
    bort said:
    bort said:
    bort said:
    so, turns out the raid is pretty simple, as long as you built basic buccs following anything posted on TFC.

as expected.
    What is that slurping, sucking sound????....Oh wait, it's just bort pleasuring himself in public again.
    surprise surprise. you're whining again. i am shocked.....

It's called mocking, bort...I'll send you a dictionary
    you forgot your other post from a few minutes before that one.

that actual explains quite a lot ......
    What I write on here is none of your concern bud. Maybe don't read it if you don't like it. The forum during a raid is always packed full of complaints, and you always come to whine about the whining. It's almost like you want to be offended over nothing. hmmm

My other post wasn't whining either bud, just an opinion based on a non no-life or heavy coiner's perspective. I'm actually doing ok in the raid given my lack of hulls, and not really bothered if I don't claim anything big. There is always next month, and now I can go and socialize this weekend.

If you were talking about my "whining" why did you reply to this and not that? Getting angry? Mwahahahaha.
    because i dont whine about whining.

but you seem to think making a personal attack makes you a big man.

thing is, i worked full time today. and haven't even needed that much actual seat time. because i plan ahead, in a strategy game. go figure.
  • Fredgert2
    Fredgert2
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2017 Posts: 72
    Chameleon - Why? - If I read the thing correctly - it cannot do B-Gambit or H-Lair - so why bother with it?
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    Fredgert2 said:
    Chameleon - Why? - If I read the thing correctly - it cannot do B-Gambit or H-Lair - so why bother with it?
    i would not use shipyard time on it.
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    bort said:
    bort said:
    bort said:
    bort said:
    so, turns out the raid is pretty simple, as long as you built basic buccs following anything posted on TFC.

as expected.
    What is that slurping, sucking sound????....Oh wait, it's just bort pleasuring himself in public again.

What I write on here is none of your concern bud. Maybe don't read it if you don't like it. The forum during a raid is always packed full of complaints, and you always come to whine about the whining. It's almost like you want to be offended over nothing. hmmm

My other post wasn't whining either bud, just an opinion based on a non no-life or heavy coiner's perspective. I'm actually doing ok in the raid given my lack of hulls, and not really bothered if I don't claim anything big. There is always next month, and now I can go and socialize this weekend.

If you were talking about my "whining" why did you reply to this and not that? Getting angry? Mwahahahaha.

thing is, i worked full time today. and haven't even needed that much actual seat time. because i plan ahead, in a strategy game. go figure.
    You do, and you boast, CONSTANTLY.

You don't mind the occasional personal attack on me, so it only seems fair I return the favour.

Good for you, well done. The cookie is in the post. Maybe you should tell more people, use CAPS or start a new thread, so that everyone knows how amazingly awesome bort is. I know I can't get enough of your tactical genius EVERY day on the forums.

EDIT: let's leave this here, or continue our argument in PM.
    fortunately, just because you say something does not make it true.
  • Proteus-606
    Proteus-606
    Master Tactician
    bort said:
    Fredgert2 said:
    bort is right, but it is worth mentioning, that it is significantly cheaper to claim than the alternatives. It's aimed at struggling catch up players. So if you are doing ok in the game and can get the better flagships, ignore it totally.
  • Proteus-606
    Proteus-606
    Master Tactician
    bort said:
    bort said:
    bort said:
    bort said:
    bort said:

as expected.

You do, and you boast, CONSTANTLY.

You don't mind the occasional personal attack on me, so it only seems fair I return the favour.

Good for you, well done. The cookie is in the post. Maybe you should tell more people, use CAPS or start a new thread, so that everyone knows how amazingly awesome bort is. I know I can't get enough of your tactical genius EVERY day on the forums.

EDIT: let's leave this here, or continue our argument in PM.
    fortunately, just because you say something does not make it true.
    Whatever bud. I don't need to prove anything, thankfully. It's all here in black and white for all to see. (pretty weak response btw, even for you)

PM me next time.
  • wmcraft
    wmcraft
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 25
    Increased points is meaningless if you can't complete the **** sets without robbing a bank. This raid is a no go for those that care about what they spend or those that just can't spend anything. Even the lowest target, a 41, causes to much damage to be worth doing.
  • Fredgert2
    Fredgert2
    Potential Threat
    bort said:
    Fredgert2 said:
    bort is right, but it is worth mentioning, that it is significantly cheaper to claim than the alternatives. It's aimed at struggling catch up players. So if you are doing ok in the game and can get the better flagships, ignore it totally.
    It's not that much cheaper: 33 mill for hull, wep, spcl, CIC bridge.  Bucc is 40 mill with wep+ spcl & Hydra 35 mill.
  • Proteus-606
    Proteus-606
    Master Tactician
    Fredgert2 said:
    And I say again to Kix: Games should be fun, fun needs choice; proscribing: play with this Hull + this weapon - or die & go away - is not Fun. All the target variation is nice but there needs to be more freedom of choice re hulls & weapons.
    We can't do that. Some armchair warriors will have to actually think for themselves, like in the old days and won't be able to boast on the forums about how great they are cos they built what they were told. We can't have that!!!
  • Fredgert2
    Fredgert2
    Potential Threat
    Fredgert2 said:
    And I say again to Kix: Games should be fun, fun needs choice; proscribing: play with this Hull + this weapon - or die & go away - is not Fun. All the target variation is nice but there needs to be more freedom of choice re hulls & weapons.
    We can't do that. Some armchair warriors will have to actually think for themselves, like in the old days and won't be able to boast on the forums about how great they are cos they built what they were told. We can't have that!!!
    Just; LOL
  • Proteus-606
    Proteus-606
    Master Tactician
    Fredgert2 said:
    bort said:
    Fredgert2 said:
    It's not that much cheaper: 33 mill for hull, wep, spcl, CIC bridge.  Bucc is 40 mill with wep+ spcl & Hydra 35 mill.
    Not much cheaper with all the gear, but bear in mind. There will most likely be generalist tech in the FM that will work with this for the smaller guys, so you only really need claim the hull.

Personally, I'd say skip it and go for something else, but it is an option if all else fails.
  • bob.okker
    bob.okker
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 211
    Hello, 

I dont know if kix wlll read things on page 25 but can we please get the ura targets back during raids?

• kixeyeuser_5037668
    kixeyeuser_5037668
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 1,043
    For the concerns about the point payouts this morning.  Anyone who exploited the payout this morning had the points removed from their accounts.
    AND what about those that cashed in their chips and called it a raid?
  • Ray_P
    Ray_P
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 2,526
    For the concerns about the point payouts this morning.  Anyone who exploited the payout this morning had the points removed from their accounts.
    exactly,   if a bunch of people got free prizes it just adds to the hypocrisy of the whole thing
    Ray_P   

Winner of Hellhound, Grimshine, Nighthawk,  V2 C/H, JuggX, Mastedon, Interceptor, Atlas, Viper, Enforcer, Nash, Reaper, Spectre, Hellstrike, Vindicator, Triton, Stingray, Interdictor, Hurricane, MCX, Goliath, Barracuda, Strike Cruiser, Mercury, Mauler, Super Fortress, Battleship, Battle Cruiser,  HHA,  HHB 

Remember at the end of the day it's a game,  it's not your life. 

Sectors 138,  316,  248,  177,   315
  • wolf123
    wolf123
    Unicorn Overlord
    I hear they get to keep their prints.
    ever had  a problem where you log on and someone is hitting your base, and wanted to view the world map while it happens? try this.
    1/select leadersboard.
    4/select "find base"
  • Dare_Devil1
    Dare_Devil1
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 1,595
    ABE1 said:
    This current raid has to be the worst of the charged armour raids so far.

We should be able to clear a target in 1 hit  but the charge is being stripped a ridiculous rate, making the need for multiple retreats to complete a target.

It wouldn't be so bad if the armour life decreased slowly after the charge was depleted, so you could chose between more damage or more time BUT unless you retreat when the charge is gone, your fleet is sunk.

We need either more charge or the damage output to actually be balanced to the current tech.
    Naaa, it's a luxury item, remember?  And Kix said we wouldn't need Rad armour for this raid either. 
    Space Invaders elite player.
  • wolf123
    wolf123
    Unicorn Overlord
    mstary1 said:
    ABE1 said:
    This current raid has to be the worst of the charged armour raids so far.

We should be able to clear a target in 1 hit  but the charge is being stripped a ridiculous rate, making the need for multiple retreats to complete a target.

It wouldn't be so bad if the armour life decreased slowly after the charge was depleted, so you could chose between more damage or more time BUT unless you retreat when the charge is gone, your fleet is sunk.

We need either more charge or the damage output to actually be balanced to the current tech.
    Naaa, it's a luxury item, remember?  And Kix said we wouldn't need Rad armour for this raid either
    Highlighted the main part, cos we MIGHT need them for next month raid or the one after (yea i saw you sarcasm)  ;)
    1/select leadersboard.
    4/select "find base"
  • UF_g8or
    UF_g8or
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 60
    I'm curious as to the IC build by those auto'ing 60's and doing multiple sets.  I to have IC"s although I'm barely getting through 1 set with the Mauser build and I confirmed my build with an alliance mate.  Now my alliance mate admits he is using a demolotion crew to make it look so easy. 

Additionally,  why isn't Bloodthirst being activated on the IC's.  The only blood i'm seeing is my health bar.  :)
  • Timothy Guilcher
    Timothy Guilcher
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 19
    i think every one should thank kixeye for giving us the weekend off lol or maybe longer if it gets any worse
  • Soulvampyr
    Soulvampyr
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 318

@Fredgert2 said:

• Soulvampyr
    Soulvampyr
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 318

@Soulvampyr said:

@Fredgert2 said:

Cause kix told us we will need the new ships for new fm when it changes in a few months. Course we have to trust it kix...yeah right sure I'm on that last bit. Lol

• CaptainName
    CaptainName
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 15
    I would like to see the sprint countermeasure in the store to.
This discussion has been closed.