Plz do something about bullying players

• T3mplar6
    T3mplar6
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2017 Posts: 9

I experience this same issue, but instead of crying like a little sissy girl, I just recoup my losses, build a better fleet, and drive on. This is, after all, a real-time strategy game, which involves (wait for it) combat scenarios. This type of game play I can handle. Have been playing RTS games such as this one and the StarCraft series for years now, and it is absolutely pointless to cry over a few pixels. It's just a game. Get over it.

• GALACTUSX
    GALACTUSX
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 592
    edited 7 Aug 2017, 10:18AM
    As @sgpaterson typed, the big boy hit the small boys, They do not need a provocation to do what they do, Is just the option they have taken in their style of play.

90% of players who bully other players, they do it simply because they can ( maybe, they have to prove others they are the baddest, maybe lack something they do not have ... if you know what i mean ).

My advice, do not cry in the chat, protect your fleets, grow, and improve your fleets and your pilot skills, and always keep in mind that even the largest trees fall under their own weight one day. Treating others as **** is an option, treat others respectfully, demonstrate the kind of player you are; This is a war game, not the schoolyard.
  • RaniRahn
    RaniRahn
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 1,703
    I think allmost everyone get bullied when they first started. There was always something you could do in old times but now i dont know. Insta rep fleets are good against bullies. They get tired of killing unlimited insta fleets and also dont talk to bullies that feeds them.
    52 45 38 67 54 6b 39 55 49 45 4a 56 57 53 42 44 54 30 6c 4f 55 79 45 3d
  • V e s p o
    V e s p o
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 1,839
    The game is designed around the idea that you as a new player are content for the end gamers who like to engage in fights they can't possibly lose.

Don't expect Kixeye to change this, it is what drives their profits. The mega-coiners who spend lots of money do so because it lets them pick on the defenseless with impunity, and the endless pounding encourages the n00bs to steal a credit card and coin like mad until they are able to do the same.

If you expect to be protected until you can compete with these people, you've downloaded the wrong game.

A lot of those folks won't care what you do, and will pound on you as long as you remain a target- so relocate, don't whine about it in sector chat (that's basically like dumping a bucket of fresh blood in the water to try and scare off sharks!).

In some cases the high end players will have more respect for you if you take it in stride and keep trying to fight back. In some ways it's a right of passage- if you can take it without crying about it, they probably won't stop, but will at least start to respect you and possibly begin to forge relationships that can get you entry into a strong alliance later, or get you a mentor who will show you a few tricks.

Or you could just do what Kixeye wants you to do and drop a few thousand dollars immediately to keep up and start to terrorize n00bs yourself.
  • Mark V Pathfinder
    Mark V Pathfinder
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Apr 2016 Posts: 604

Gating for fleets should be lowered to zero

• Rick Feitz
    Rick Feitz
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2015 Posts: 112

Maybe they could just allow everone to have a shield on bases and ships that if your farming that your not interested in battle
    Have it where both parties agree to battle so you can decide if you want to battle or not

• Glowlight
    Glowlight
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 307

Maybe they could just allow everone to have a shield on bases and ships that if your farming that your not interested in battle
    Have it where both parties agree to battle so you can decide if you want to battle or not

That's an interesting idea
  • BabyGroot
    BabyGroot
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 410

@Todd7123 said:

@Valnura said:
    dont you want to do something about bullying players?? and they always pick easy targets, Im not even a match for them but they go after my farming fleets, and they LOVE doing it, thats a big problem with your game

Change your name (most players don't keep track of id# anymore) never send or respond to a PM those let players track you.

For being a mod u sure r don't know how somethingshe work in the game. U can still track players even if they don't respond to ur pm

• Warshadow_EMP
    Warshadow_EMP
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 358

@Rick Feitz said:

No. God no. This game would really be FarmVille.

• Todd7123
    Todd7123
    VC Mod
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 5,109

@BabyGroot said:

@Todd7123 said:

@Valnura said:
    dont you want to do something about bullying players?? and they always pick easy targets, Im not even a match for them but they go after my farming fleets, and they LOVE doing it, thats a big problem with your game

Change your name (most players don't keep track of id# anymore) never send or respond to a PM those let players track you.

For being a mod u sure r don't know how somethingshe work in the game. U can still track players even if they don't respond to ur pm

ypu can use the API site and get anyone PM is just the easy way

I am a VC Forum Mod.

I don't work for KIXEYE. I'm a player just like you.

My  duties are to offer advice and keep the Forums Neat and Tidy.

Ask me and I will help if I can or point you in the right direction to one of the links below.

Helpful Links:  Site Rules / Report a Player / ToS / Ticket Status 
    Have a problem? KIXEYE Customer Service
    SEE YOU IN THE VOID REBELS!!!!!!!
  • xWheathleyx
    xWheathleyx
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 42

No, just no, then no one would ever be attacked. Would be a literal farmville
  • BabyGroot
    BabyGroot
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 410

Stop with all these carebear comments. If u don't want to get hit in a war game then go play candy crush or farmville

• Warshadow_EMP
    Warshadow_EMP
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 358

It's a game. If you have emotional trauma from losing pixel ships in a fake world....

This. This is why we can't have nice things.

People like you.

• Glowlight
    Glowlight
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 307
    But the thing you guys don't see is that VEGA has turned into a farming sim and if a player gets hit by a higher up player it could set them back by days to weeks to months. That being said, we should help each other out to and stop hitting the little guys for your own miserable amusement and help with the battle against KIX.
  • xcvxvx
    xcvxvx
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2014 Posts: 1,111

BabyGroot said:

Stop with all these carebear comments. If u don't want to get hit in a war game then go play candy crush or farmville

Vega has never been a "war" game!  Because it has elements of combat does not make it a war game.  It is grind farming with a move toward tier growth.  Early on there were carebear sectors that were very protective and would attack outsiders.  The insectors were the enemy then  the halo of thief was installed which slowed that practice down. Now sadistic bullies are since they can have op fleets that are well nigh invincible(for now). One change would be to be able to retreat from combat such as basing fleets do.  The sadists don't like it because they enjoy ruining an event for others. Many non resourced players don't have the ability to resurrect destroyed fleets.  They can't afford it! 
  • Delayna Reynolds
    Delayna Reynolds
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2017 Posts: 3

@Valnura said:

VC is a war game, not Farmville!

• xcvxvx
    xcvxvx
    Incursion Leader
    edited 28 Sep 2017, 3:50PM
    RaniRahn said:
    I think allmost everyone get bullied when they first started. There was always something you could do in old times but now i dont know. Insta rep fleets are good against bullies. They get tired of killing unlimited insta fleets and also dont talk to bullies that feeds them.
    Stay off of chat!
    Stray off of social media
    if you do speak in a language most won't understand
    communicate in code
    One new factor will be the "social communications"
    If those are private then that will be a positive change.

• xcvxvx
    xcvxvx
    Incursion Leader

No, just no, then no one would ever be attacked. Would be a literal farmville
    I remember a Sci-Fi story about a society where the peaceful people wore  armband called Brassard to id the peaceful from the gunslingers.   The gunslingers had their glory and the peaceful had  no worry.
         Players play for different reasons.  No one is better for it.  Perhaps there needs to be fighting sectors where combat prone go and or a sector where bullies are placed after too many massacres.
  • V e s p o
    V e s p o
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 1,839
    Some of you guys make me laugh- you actually think this is a COMBAT game when it is, and has been Farmville in space for a very long time!
  • GDIAX
    GDIAX
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 3,262

@Spask Crondusk said:

@BabyGroot said:
    Ign, planet and sector please. I'll come protect u against the big mean bullies lol

Sssshhhhh he is a bully too, don't believe him.

Nvm ill do it. Pls disclose ur ign; planet and sector. ;)

Admiral and Head Intelligence Officer of the Frontier Liberation Army.

VEGA Conflict Wiki: vega-conflict.wikia.com
    NPC Target Infographics Database: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_EKMu0UVmG0219GrfHUkqZz-aDovGv9r

Practically all the information you need for the game.
  • Americanguy
    Americanguy
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2016 Posts: 89
    It is annoying in the least when someone way higher than you hits you everyday for weeks !! they gain nothing other than to kill the, already declining, player base.  Most other online games you can get away from bullies and ********s but not this game I afraid.  As mentioned above there are just some ppl who are braindead and feel like they need to use online games to make up for there pathetic lives by bullying.  Most morons who post to these are most probably pathetic morons themselves who bully, not hit ppl there own lvl.  It is a pvp game but hitting small and new ppl (when done constantly to same person) is just pathetic
  • Rearend Entry
    Rearend Entry
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 33
    Valnura said:
    And I suppose your one of the NOOBs that gets salty in global chat after you have had a fleet melt???? For me as a massive **** in game I love guys/girls like you who get salty in comms and tell others to F off etc. This makes me farm the **** out of you for the week lol. Enjoy Vega
  • GDIAX
    GDIAX
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 3,262

@Americanguy said:
    It is annoying in the least when someone way higher than you hits you everyday for weeks !! they gain nothing other than to kill the, already declining, player base.  Most other online games you can get away from bullies and ********s but not this game I afraid.  As mentioned above there are just some ppl who are braindead and feel like they need to use online games to make up for there pathetic lives by bullying.  Most morons who post to these are most probably pathetic morons themselves who bully, not hit ppl there own lvl.  It is a pvp game but hitting small and new ppl (when done constantly to same person) is just pathetic

Unfortunately for you, i get a good laugh out of doing so ;)

Admiral and Head Intelligence Officer of the Frontier Liberation Army.

VEGA Conflict Wiki: vega-conflict.wikia.com
    NPC Target Infographics Database: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_EKMu0UVmG0219GrfHUkqZz-aDovGv9r

Practically all the information you need for the game.
  • banned
    banned
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2011 Posts: 10
    Predictable complaint about bullying leads to threats and more bullying :P if thats not an indication of how toxic many players are i have no idea what else would be.
    I have to say though that you really do need to suck it up when it comes to being hit, when it comes to abusive messages, racism and outright pathetic cowards living vicariously through some imagined skill though.... tell em their dreaming.
  • ExileTheKing
    ExileTheKing
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 13
    please no bulli. stop bulli. bad bulli. u mean
  • Eric_D_01
    Eric_D_01
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2017 Posts: 97
    Todd7123 said:

@Valnura said:

Imo the best move is to keep bringing fleets till you win or till you are full red you will earn the respect of bully and maybe get a invite to the alliance that is picking on you.

Nope, they don't now what respect is. If they knew annything of respect they wouldn't be worthless tools to start with. Those who treat "noobs" as trash have forgotten where they came from. Read the resident A-hole posts above if you need confirmation these facts. If you keep letting them kick the **** out of you, you will not earn their respect. You'll just end up dead. In the VEGA world that means you supply them with your resources and deal with the damage, jump to another sector when they target you, or quit the game (die) and let them steal resources from an empty base.

PVP combat games are great when there's balance and players are competing with others of a similar level. Allowing upper level players to circumvent the gating system so they can walk all over lower level players with impunity is horse ****. It's not part of every PvP game, that's the bull-**** line the upper level VEGA tools use to excuse their d*ck behavior.

• nicosmit
    nicosmit
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 2
    come and join UNT-F in 620