Q&A feat. Sobokop (Updated w. Answers) (August 2017)

• Wim_d76
    Wim_d76
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 161
    so many things i want to know lol mine factory is outdated and the same with mercenaries and special ops do we gonna see some new stuff added and delete the old because there is no use off it anymore or less .What about the resources why you cant put more reso in the bases now its a constant farming and actions when you do events or upgrades why you dont change this it also can helps to reduce the problems with the battleservers ;threw events why you add so many messages for example the story line we get on the spot where worldchat is ,it is more disturbing then usefull and all the boxes thats show up you opened this or that is causing lagg and frustrations to ,And what about cheaters i still see people with overcap bunkers and its not a glitch because when you attack them you will see more units come out then it should thats why is fairplay still working or did they get fired .And what about the gearshop why its useless for the most players now, why not add new stuff in it some gold components or tokens ? i did not do a medal base in months i think because there is nothing to fight for even infamy i care less now .And what i would like to see is less lagg and less disconnections thats all lol 
  • YouTube-GabyKatut
    YouTube-GabyKatut
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2014 Posts: 541
    then you gona take out from the game last defenders ? cause a huge lag in game ! any change to instal a server her in Europe to make the transition over the ocean much better ? 
  • soulreaper_CDW
    soulreaper_CDW
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 107

Hello everyone, WrongThinker here.

I’m excited to introduce our first regular Q&A!  This Q&A features our Technical Director: Sobokop!  Here’s how it works...

• Respond to this thread with your technical questions about the game!
    • On Friday at noon PST, we’ll compile the questions and present them to Sobokop (so make sure to respond by noon that day)!
    • We’ll update this post later that day with as many answers as Sobokop can write!

Remember to keep your questions technical (we’ll do a more design-oriented Q&A at a future time).  We look forward to your questions!

-WT

since when do grenade launchers hit air units? spartan units are just another stupid unit you didnt think out properly, phalax is now hacked and proved to be by the ammount of playrs with 50 or more of them which is well over what was on offer in last 4 weeks

stop adding new crap and fix the game!!!!
  • kixeyeuser_1373020911561_14091_1950000580
    kixeyeuser_1373020911561_14091_1950000580
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 262
    this might not e to tec but why isn't the bases kikeye puts out under the same restriction as players are and unit restrictions 
  • Lonewolf1967
    Lonewolf1967
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 1,124
    I cannot wait till Crash Player fades out the biggest piece of crap Adobe ever made. Whats the plans after 2020 when it finally dies?
    imageDeath From Above
  • Muthu Kumar
    Muthu Kumar
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2014 Posts: 11
    edited 4 Aug 2017, 6:19PM
    Start the game in different platform a fresh start.
  • Gornak
    Gornak
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 21
    Is the "zoom bug" ever going to be fixed?
    What I mean is, just when you attack something there are a few seonds in where the game freezes before buildings/patrolling units and so begin to move. If you press 'z' the zoom button during that time then the ability to zoom out/in is lost until you restart the game.
    That sucks big time. If there was some AI in the button code it could re-enable itself after another press.
    Maybe it matters how you log in. I log in via kixeye.com and not via facebook.
    It has always been like this for me, playing for 4 years. And I have used both Internet Explorer and Chrome.
  • Kar-Graal
    Kar-Graal
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 2,638

20. Any plans on improving the Viper X? It was a great unit against Special Forces, and it should continue being a great unit.

An Old Video why would Viper X could kill a titan in these days hope they get buffed

• kixeyeuser_263129976_25832_8618510
    kixeyeuser_263129976_25832_8618510
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2017 Posts: 760
    edited 5 Aug 2017, 9:38AM

Hello everyone, WrongThinker here.

I’m excited to introduce our first regular Q&A!  This Q&A features our Technical Director: Sobokop!  Here’s how it works...

• Respond to this thread with your technical questions about the game!
    • On Friday at noon PST, we’ll compile the questions and present them to Sobokop (so make sure to respond by noon that day)!
    • We’ll update this post later that day with as many answers as Sobokop can write!

Remember to keep your questions technical (we’ll do a more design-oriented Q&A at a future time).  We look forward to your questions!

-WT

Way when i use my WTfast (Gamers Private Network) game server show is in Ireland ?  did you guys move server to Ireland or got second server ? 
    2.way are event or token base are limited unit to be use ? did community ask for it ? is very bad idea to limited are unit what to use,i feel like i am in jail,and i dont real feel like playing or coin coz of it
    3. you promise us new ops to be on game by feb march this year ? that was last December,now is august we still use are 5-6 years old ops,do you think time is to change twin titans to omega titans ? scorpion king we dont use way we dont get new ops on replacement new units 
    4.Depos not use to anyone any longer way you dont remove them make space on map since we have so many other base on map

5.way ops are so expensive to buy most of high lvl players use shock ops that is 10k medals ? to hit one 90 medal base we get only 15k medals,i use like 10 on event that mean i need to stop pvp 5-6 days before event  to get ready for event start hitting medals base and repair my toons,since event are every 3 weeks we dont real have much time to do pvp or other base to hit,only if we coin repair a lot,where do you see fun in here is more like job then fun to play

6. i see some games lvl43 after 3-4 month same players jump lvl48 or high .... how  come i coin and most of my base is max is over 1 year i still lvl45 ? 

7.since lot of workshop cheat and overpower units are in map,most of fair big coins left game, what will you do to bring them back ? even if they come back do they get free units from event they miss,since they spend a lot and support you game for years on past ?

8.notification on screen event or others slow my connection or get me freeze way do we need so many of them  for same think ?

9, I downgraded my internet from 500 mbps to 100 mbps i dont see any different on game,same think happen on both speed DC LAG Freeze etc etc way is not different on game when we use more internet speed same time no different  when i overclock my gaming pc  still same think happen as i was using slow net or old pc ?

10. costumer  services  on kixeye, way do we need to pay to get their services when i know they will replay to non sense answer witch most of as know or have cleaning catch or history on are pc ? or give as replay you playing from overseas we are small company, if you are a small company way do you let the game run overseas when you cant provide with service ? when kixeye costumer service will start give as real service and real answer ? same time live chat will be good to get back 

11 last one ,Media ...I see lot of gamer make you tube who ti hit and they do help community a lot, on kixeye side i see they support only battle vortex not many watch it as other you tubers,what is the plane to help other you tubers to get same support from kixeye as Battle Vortex get ? live stream event or live stream pvp etc etc 
  • Deacons
    Deacons
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 857
    why keep adding animated trophy`s to the game when they are known to cause lag ? and would getting rid of the useless metal and oil depo`s help to reduce lag they used to be strategic in wars but forward ops has not worked for years so why keep them ?
  • Deacons
    Deacons
    Strike-force Captain
    edited 4 Aug 2017, 8:49PM
    are there any plans to cull the under level 10 player bases once a week as any newbie can get to level ten in a few hours this would surely reduce lag and stop the locking of sectors
  • BULLET789
    BULLET789
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 14
    2 days i cant load the game says searching for sector im really getting angry with the way this game is going and i cant send a ticket cause i dont spend money on the sight typhoon sector 1

• soulreaper_CDW
    soulreaper_CDW
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 107
    Kar-Graal said:

20. Any plans on improving the Viper X? It was a great unit against Special Forces, and it should continue being a great unit.

An Old Video why would Viper X could kill a titan in these days hope they get buffed

kix say they havent nerfed the titan but everyone who pays has noticed the tian is a fubar unit now and it has been nerfed despite what kix say in support
  • YamYam77
    YamYam77
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2016 Posts: 1,378
    where are your servers located? Are they in house or 3rd party? If they're all in the U.S why not look at your player base and allocate servers per region i.e western europe, eastern europe, americas, asia?  Obviously costs wouldn't go up, they may even go down when you've worked out the percentage of players per continent and the specs needed for servers in a particular region. If they're all U.S based why not split them per region as there are so many 3rd party companies that could be used on each continent cutting the demand on central servers and at the same time guaranteeing engineers specific to time zones if there are issues with a specific server
  • Deacons
    Deacons
    Strike-force Captain
    why dont any of the drones for titan , pandora , banshee etc go out infront  of the unit and take the first fire any more they just trail behind and eventually catch up after hits taken
  • YamYam77
    YamYam77
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2016 Posts: 1,378
    gidger said:
    why dont any of the drones for titan , pandora , banshee etc go out infront  of the unit and take the first fire any more they just trail behind and eventually catch up after hits taken
    that's not a tech question. This threads about performance issues. Drones have been an issue for ages but 1 fix is if you have extra speed tech on something get rid of it as the drones stay the same even if the unit in question has speed tech
  • firedeath1159
    firedeath1159
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 487
    Well i hope Sobo isnt overwhelmed with all the questions from this. the question asking phase ended 6 hours ago so i hope we get some of the most important answers soon
    Player Report Link - https://www.kixeye.com/support/web/report
    Support Ticket Link - https://warcommander.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Please actually use them, instead of posting on forums and getting threads closed... 
  • ColRodan
    ColRodan
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2014 Posts: 18
    edited 7 Aug 2017, 5:59PM
    I'd like to know exactly how/why the minimum requirements are set as they are. 

I have been denied support(very typical scenareo below) after going back and forth just to be told my cpu speed is .3Ghz below minimum. 

The thing is I have never seen my cpu speed go above 52% while playing WC. 

Nothing on my machine shows in diagnostics to be a bottleneck for all the lag and tons of players have the same issue on your servers. 

I have a very high end laptop with discrete gpu and ssd and cpu.

How can I then be denied because of a minimum of such a small amount that is completely irrelevant to the issue?

Sadly this is a typical response where it seems support pretends to be thinking about the issue then usually we get some silly reason to blame all the game issues back on our machines.

Thanks for your time,
    ColRodan

• Essayon
    Essayon
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 1,275

It often seems that a lot of the technical problems tend to stack almost exponentially on other problems/bugs/flaws, like when stealth or fast moving units freeze in bases with 8 heavy turrets, your units only misbehave when engaging modified Kixeye PvE units, too many unique or drone carrying units total on both sides of the battle at the same time make the game crash every time you reload the battle, offering broken units to players for 8 months when the Kixeye version works just fine.

Would it be possible for the game design and technical engineering sides to communicate better on discrepancies, limitations, possible problems, what the game itself does and doesn't like, etc. and generally try to work together frequently to put out content that helps the game run smoother?

• Mantis Mansor
    Mantis Mansor
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2017 Posts: 36
    edited 7 Aug 2017, 5:59PM
    Indeed, that`s  very annoying.

• COLECTIVO95
    COLECTIVO95
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 282
    Is possible know a date to solve for good the error 2181 ?

• Axel L
    Axel L
    WC Mod
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 11,107
    Is possible know a date to solve for good the error 2181 ?

You will have to give more details about when you get the error and how to even make it possible for kixeye to find a reason why it happens which would make it easier to find the issue which is causing the famous 2181 error. I haven't got the 2181 error in a very long time so I cannot assist you and I have absolutely no clue what is causing the 2181 save error for you.
     <|=  0330 1323 1103 1211 0312 1201 1302 1203 0230 1220 0200  =|> 
     <|=  0302 0320 1310 1220 1211 0200 1313 1233 1302 1210 0230  =|> 
     <|=  0200 1211 0310 1303 0321 1301 1311 1221 1312 0312 1201  =|> 
     <|=  1230 1221 1211 0230 0320 0301 1232 1203 1211 0200 1221  =|> 
     <|=  1232 0200 1201 0302 0200 1210 0320 1221 1203 0232 1310  =|> 
     <|=  0232 1221 1233 1232 1201 1302 1321 0232 0232 0332 1331  =|> 
  • ChEwW5
    ChEwW5
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 104
    While we wait for a stable game and gaming experience why has kixeye not helped us players? Always support says it not us its you or here is 100 coins to make up for your loses. Although coin is nice I fell we should not have to be contacting support for these Known issues and Kixeye should compensate the players before they have issues by lowering repair and coin cost now. Let your support staff handle real issues not known issues.

Also Why is it no one seems to care about cheaters any more? you send in to fair play along with a video which clearly shows a cheater and they are still actively playing and actively cheating. The workshop hack is not the hack these folks are using its high health and damage and clone toons. Why not address the cheats that are impacting the game the most and making real players leave the game.  Send a few kixeye people to certain sectors (122 to start cough cough) and see for yourself.
  • BUSH69
    BUSH69
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 59
    Greetings Sobokop,

The Latino community has come up with a few questions for you, and I've taken the liberty to translate them:

1. Will the game migrate to HTML5 when flash dies or before? Is it in your plans?
    2. Could we have a PvP Air Platoon with the benefits of the ground PvP platoon in repair times and costs? I heard it was considered but never truly announced if in the plans in the near future or far.
    3. Could the Juggernaut receive a customization to hit Airborne Turrets?
    4. *Is there any chance that the game may be translated to other languages such as Spanish? (Or at least the forums to communicate with the company?)* This way if we don't spend 50$ to have Ticket Support, we can communicate freely to find an answer to a possible bug in the forums.
    5. Could we have Spectator Mode like in other games where we could watch a LIVE battle?
    6. Could we have the Revenge Option after being attacked so we can directly attack the player back?
    7. Is there any chance we could increase the quantity of platoons on the map to more than 10, maybe to 15?
    8. Lately, when we've increased the Command Center's level, the base platoon capacity hasn't increased, could we have this reconfigured, especially now that Command Center lv 12 is coming and have more capacity?
    9. Are there any new missiles in the works to attack?
    10. When we log in during an attack, we have lots and lots of popups with workshop components that waste our time to defend, will this bug be fixed anytime? If so, any time frame please?
    11. Will there be workshop components to improve the War Rig? It seems to be a failure until now.
    12. Could we have newer Special Ops popping on Rogue Bases and in the Gear Shop please with newer units such as Phalanx, Vindicator, Fury, Acolytes, etc.
    13. Base expansions require gold, and I believe this is unfair for players who don't spend money. Is there any chance these could also be offered with resources even if they require huge amounts? This also includes the Resource compression. 
    14. Just like there are Bundles to buy with gold, any chance we could be offered different ways to get gold in the game? Maybe a random prize in specific bases? or some surveys we need to fill up to get some gold in return? Once a player gets to use some gold, they could be enticed to buying some later.
    15. The Titan, Sandstorm and other units before Factions don't belong to any faction. Any chance these could be added to the Neutral status and this gets a special bonus as well such as the 3 factions?
    16. Is there any chance we could have the option to save different base setups? For instance, A. for Events, B. for Mini Events, C. For PvP
    17. Can we have more storage capacity? Maybe now with the Command Center lv 12.
    18. Any plans to improve the Mercenary Camp at all? We would love to see new Mercs.
    19. Any plans on improving the Ronin to Elite and/or Omega version? It was a wonderful unit and would love to see it kicking **** again.
    21. Just like on the 4th of July we see the US Flag and some Fireworks, any chance that maybe we could purchase with resources or with gold our country flag and have it in our GoGo Bar or Command Center? It would be amazing and represent the Ethnic diversity in the game. If with gold, I'd love to get it maybe for 50 gold or less.
    22. Any plans to improve the Mine Factory or forget it and create a newer version of it with better traps for the stronger units in the millions in health?
    23. Could we get an improvement in some turrets such as the Avalanche, Cryo, Shock?
    For instance, could the Shock Turret also cause Concussion to Infantry?
    24. Could we consider the possibility that in a PvP battle, if the defender successfully defends his base from the attacker, he gets infamy rather than the attacker?
    25. Any chance there could be a reduction in gold amounts in repairs and upgrades?

Thanks for your time and attention to the community and their questions.

Sincerely,

Comm. Soviet-Union and the Latino Community
    Great question Soviet
  • Joeyjojo
    Joeyjojo
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 207
    Sobokop

I have many questions but I'll keep it to just three from me as so many other people have questions.

since the introduction of wave defense and defense units carrying out sentry duties by the developers of past and present. the game performance has struggled with horrible lag for years now. The developers seem to break new ground with in game content but the game engine hasn't been able to keep up.

Q1 Can you find a solution to this problem and do the developers and the technicians work together to stay in the parameters of what is not only achievable but from our point what is playable. from the game players point it looks like neither. The servers don't seem to cope very well with all the content and (connecting / connection remain) with the game.

Q2 I hear you've only joined the team recently can you shed any light on why for years we have been told the game performance issues are always on our end, when it has been recently documented that this is your end.

Q3 The question on everyone's lips, with adobe flash player struggling to cope with war commander, from a technical aspect what can you guys do to improve it considering its a third party element to the game. without it the game looks kaput.
  • WarriorPrincess80
    WarriorPrincess80
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 406
    edited 5 Aug 2017, 9:33PM

COULD CONVERTING TO A DOWNLOADABLE APP REDUCE LATENCY FOR PLAYERS?

Going this route would reduce startup time, but it wouldn’t reduce the latency experienced during battle, which is the most detrimental type of latency for players.

Once you’ve downloaded the game client and game assets, most of that content is “cached” locally on your browser. Subsequent loads of the game will not need to download that content again, since it can be read from your browser’s cache. Web sites use this technique commonly to minimize the amount of requests the browser needs to make.

We are looking into reducing the number of messages sent from our battle servers to the client, as well as shrinking message sizes.

Unless you're confident of entirely eradicating flash player crashes, this wouldn't be such a bad alternative. Currently, reloading the game after a flash crash takes atleast 90 seconds. Given that it often occurs when we deploy our uniques/units with a war paint, we're greeted back into the game with several hours, if not days, of repair.
  • Whiskey-Tango3
    Whiskey-Tango3
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 777
    I see a lot of questions on here and no answers from Kixeye. So whats the reason for this post again please?

• firedeath1159
    firedeath1159
    Skilled Warrior
    Guys, the POST HAS BEEN UPDATED, the question period ended 15 hours ago. check the original post, WT has updated it to include the answers

Please actually use them, instead of posting on forums and getting threads closed... 
  • Whiskey-Tango3
    Whiskey-Tango3
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 777
    Guys, the POST HAS BEEN UPDATED, the question period ended 15 hours ago. check the original post, WT has updated it to include the answers
    my bad i did not see that
  • firedeath1159
    firedeath1159
    Skilled Warrior
    my bad i did not see that
    its all good, it has been updated for 2 hours and no one noticed until now i guess. i guess they arent making new posts addressing stuff, they will be updating previous posts instead.