Q&A feat. Sobokop (Updated w. Answers) (August 2017)

• Maximus_Destructicus
    Maximus_Destructicus
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 3,894
    how easy or difficult is it to play around with what we might consider small thing?  for example, can units be made to go faster on the map? can those little scrap cars be removed from our bases?  are things like this easy or require time and planning?  or is there political process involved internally to get to these things?

• drag0nsun
    drag0nsun
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 2,422
    a few here 1 is there work on reduseing the lag when attacks happen   or when  day to day bases change out 2  is there a update on the pop up bug when  someone hits your base being worked on  3 with the diffent walls for different factions is there a function to change them to different kinds like the heavy armor of  the HZ  4 speaking of walls have you found a  way to  reduse the lagg from them ? and finaly can the splash from the hearld and the jugg be given to splash heavy units such as the ventactor or applo 
  • christinegirl72
    christinegirl72
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 279
    yea i got a question are we ever going to get the omega titan bases back? some of us really needs it the O titan parts in the event store are to over priced 
  • ColinXYZ
    ColinXYZ
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 171
    What I have noticed is that playing the game on a pc running windows 7 using either IE 11 or Google Chrome either through facebook or kixeye game play is frequently interrupted by disconnects. Invisible toons are very frequent.

When playing the game on a pc running windows 10 (64bit) I find the following.
    When playing via facebook using EDGE browser disconnects are frequent with high instances where your toons are invisible forcing you to clear your cache & reload the game numerous times. Sometimes one has to reset the router as well.
    When playing  via Kixeye using  EDGE browser disconnects are slightly less frequent with low instances where your toons are invisible forcing you to clear your cache & reload the game numerous times. Sometimes one has to reset the router as well.
    When playing via facebook using Google Chrome browser disconnects are less frequent, however there are instances where your toons are invisible.forcing you to clear your cache & reload the game. Sometimes one has to reset the router as well.
    When playing via Kixeye using Google Chrome browser disconnects are less frequent, however there are instances where your toons are invisible.forcing you to clear your cache & reload the game Sometimes one has to reset the router as well.
    When playing via Kixeye using Vivaldi browser disconnects are rare & lag is rare, however there are instances where your toons are invisible.forcing you to clear your cache & reload the game. Resetting of the router is very rare.

It must be noted that game settings had the following game selections in all of the above mentioned instances.
    Show dead infantry
    Show destroyed vehicles
    Use keyboard in full screen
    enable hotkeys for unit commands

It would be appreciated if you could provide some feedback on these game playing scenarios.
  • DEJAVU SQUAD
    DEJAVU SQUAD
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 32
    edited 4 Aug 2017, 2:53AM
    Why is it that the game uses alot of cpu power but not grpahics card power? 

How is gold cost calculated for repair cuz it does not depends on the time at all. 
  • Kar-Graal
    Kar-Graal
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 2,638
    edited 4 Aug 2017, 3:07AM
    Why is it that the game uses alot of cpu power but not grpahics card power? 

How is gold cost calculated for repair cuz it does not depends on the time at all. 
    Thats The Same Thing i even had for a gaming computer well in the original days where invasion 1-2-3-4-5 monthly the timer ticks
    even when not defending i nearly almost won every invasion prize
    Forum Link https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/703882

Computer Specs
    Qosmio X875-X7380 [2013 Version]
    Intel Core i7 3630QM 2.4 ghz overclock to 3.2 ghz
    NVIDIA 670M 3GB GRRD5
    [24GB DDR3] 1600 MHZ [Higher Ram Above 16 GB is better]

• Kairento
    Kairento
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2016 Posts: 540
    War Commander is running on flash. Flash is going to die in 2020, what are your actions for the game in the future when flash is no longer available?
    Kết quả hình ảnh cho samuel hayden doom
  • Mr _Resurection
    Mr _Resurection
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 42
    Kix should make a system where they don't allow to make a new gaming account without legal email id. as far as i see there will be more then 30 sectors where players locked the sector with inactive lvl 2 accounts.. because they want to stop enemy jumping in there sectors. Players make 300-400 account atleast to close the sector. These lvl 2 inactive accounts eats too mch server space. Kix jst need to add a new button wen ppl create new account which is verify mail. So ppl wen create account they should go to there legal email. click on verify link and make new gaming account. 
  • Hadiiiiiiiiiiiii
    Hadiiiiiiiiiiiii
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 223
    Special Op's, The Op's go back for a long time and they still the same, Let's take Twin Titan OP, It say's it will spawn 2 Max level Titans but it spawn's 2 Level 16 Titans, If you put those two against a Liberator, The Liberator will win .. , And the SF Op's, they all need a change, Like the Scorpion King Op spawn a Few Maxed Level Scorpion's, instead make a new one and make it spawn's 5 maxed level phalanx and replace it with it, my point is where is the future going with Special Op's?
    how to become better in WC? forget free **** repair
  • Mahendhiranr
    Mahendhiranr
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 49
    Most of the Defense waves (All Invasion waves/Higher waves in Events) are always stuck/lagging when we do manual controls for units.All units die before it comes to our control,Why is that and have any suggestion to handle the units.?
  • that-guy-2
    that-guy-2
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2017 Posts: 28
    Adobe Player is being terminated in the next couple of yrs. Do the Devs or the Kix as a whole have any plans to do anything about it or will the game just end ? 
  • tareksyria666
    tareksyria666
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2017 Posts: 77

When the old heros tech will comeback? Like jery or pandora...its been a long time since we missed them...many ppl got them from hero package...if the tech didnt comeback many ppl will not trust in any offer any more...

• nielsoodk
    nielsoodk
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 69

My Question is about hacks!!
    There Are hacks out there which gives people the capasity of 1000000 in ws space, so they Can add multiple skins Etc and same ws over and over again. Like shown in the videos below.
    Why dont these People's units get reset or banned???

Your red your dead
  • killerdudeXDXD
    killerdudeXDXD
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2017 Posts: 161

Would you believe that I would do better job than you as a moderator? Because that is the truth

• Micaiah Stevens
    Micaiah Stevens
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 2,578
    edited 4 Aug 2017, 8:24AM
    Sorry nothing about no second Questions.

Sobokop, thanks for answering all our probing questions.

Question:  Why do Level Designers not listen to you?

When bases are designed and invasion waves are implemented the units have to be spammed they tend to put 200 units or more into the game.  This causes our game to become unplayable for minutes at a time.   There seems to be no limits in place to prevent Level Designers from breaking the game.

I imagine you can put 1,000 units or more Locally and the game runs fine, but as this is an online game, and we have various pings to connect, it becomes unplayable for almost everyone when your unit counts get so high.   This also seems to cause a massive lag spike for everyone.   Start of events become like a stop motion game, when every base puts 200 units into the game, it creates million of units across the game.

awww but Micaiah's base only sees 200 units.  WELL unfortunately I have to connect to the server, which is spitting out 200 requests for every base, every minute or so.

also when a designer design a Hunter turret to be responsive thinking that we will only have 4 at the maximum.  Then a level designer is like I want a base with 100 Hunter turrets in it.
  • Kairento
    Kairento
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2016 Posts: 540
    When will special forces and gen 1 heroes become available again for our new players? And if so, what is the pecific time frame to release them?
    Kết quả hình ảnh cho samuel hayden doom
  • Hans179
    Hans179
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 117
    Hi I see that Warcommander uses on Facebook Gameroom almost all my memory (>3G in a session).  The use of memory also constantly increases, during game play and finally stalls the game. I noticed also that when the game crashes the memory is still allocated. Sounds like some memory leaks. Any thoughts around memory usage?
  • rakibforyou
    rakibforyou
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 640

Sobokop thanks for taking the time to share with us your technical knowledge.

*I know this is a Browser based game, BUT this scenario below, is real and very bad.

I play WarCommander on Google Chrome.  If I run into a problem with the game, Support says Clear your Cheche and that should fix your problem.

UNFORTUNATELY for me I use Chrome for about 16 hours a day, YAH working online.  If i clear my Cache I lose ALL my internet data, passwords.  *YES I can clear certain data, BUT it destroys the Browser no matter how little of the data you remove.

TRUE story I cleared my Cache and lost my entire War Commander account, as it was a trial account. *First month playing, MAN I hope that is not a thing anymore*

Is there any way you can consider not making clearing the cache the technical way to solve a data problem on our end, so we don't have to clear our entire browser cache every time you guys make a mistake?* Maybe an in-game button to clear the local 'game' cache.   Even a Warcommander website button to clear the folders you guys use would be a better workaround if the Browser and local data support these features.

It stops Support in their tracks and they act like it’s MY fault I won’t clear my cache

*Not saying the mistake is yours, BUT it’s your data.

u can use more than one browser, play wc in one, works another.
    "WAR COMMANDER "

A Broken game trying survive towards wrong direction 
  • rakibforyou
    rakibforyou
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 640
    edited 4 Aug 2017, 10:39AM
    just 2 questions: 

1. there is any plan to back old heroes like jericho, doran, dante, deena and their tech.

2.how many more months players have to wait until titan bases come on the map!!!!!
    "WAR COMMANDER "

A Broken game trying survive towards wrong direction 
  • adnan.khan
    adnan.khan
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 50
    why do we need to click attack button to start attack. why not this option can be given outside it will save loading twice  
  • llamola
    llamola
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 132
    Not able to enter attack until attack is over. Is this being worked on? If in war, someone attacks my base and I try to enter attack, it is automatic DC and the game at that point will only load to a freeze screen until the attack is over. This is pretty much the same for all, so it happens from your end, not ours. Is this going to be worked or is it another item that will be worked at a later date?

• Grumpy Pirate
    Grumpy Pirate
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 3,339
    I feel the whole flash/2020 thing is going to be asked a lot so hopefully that's given an answer because that's the thing I really want to know about. However, in lieu of asking that question, I wish to know something else.....

How much weight is given to a technical point of view from yourself/other engineers when designing  game features, events and targets?
    Recently many targets have been crammed full of units some of which patrol, some of which don't, and in events such as invasion we see not a tactical deployment of units but a massive spam which lags out many players due to too much going on at once in terms of effects, movement etc.
    Do engineers ever get a chance to step in and say "listen, so much going on in there at once could cause lag in the live server" or do you have to pick up the pieces if/when something goes wrong as we've seen in the past?

Do engineers directly liaise and co-ordinate with customer service when issues are reported, especially on a large scale? Also does the technical team give guidelines to CS reps on what responses to give to certain problems, if not, why is that?
    Quite often when sending in tickets regarding certain issues players tend to get automated "cut and paste" replies which is incredibly frustrating and makes people feel like they're not being listened to for what is ultimately a paid service, especially when many times players have already tried the suggestions offered before sending in a ticket. I think people would feel a lot more confident about CS if we knew there was a direct line of communication there if it's needed rather than having to go through forums or go through a few different people to get the right peoples attention.

From a technical standpoint, do you feel reducing the number of sectors in the game had the desired effect that was stated at the time (reduced lag, better connectivity) if so could this lead to reducing the number of sectors again in the future, if not was the number of sectors not the actual problem?

Do older in game items and features that are widely known to be unable to be updated owing to various circumstances (such as the mine factory) negatively impact technical performance in some aspects of the game? Also do these things prevent a transition from flash to something like HTML5 or is that transition just a whole problem in itself?

I'm sure there are other technical questions better minds than me will come up with, but these are the ones i'd like to know about.
    Sitting back watching the whole fine mess while sipping a cup of tea
  • Doctor_Who12
    Doctor_Who12
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2017 Posts: 43
    Hans179 said:
    Hi I see that War commander uses on Facebook Gameroom almost all my memory (>3G in a session).  The use of memory also constantly increases, during game play and finally stalls the game. I noticed also that when the game crashes the memory is still allocated. Sounds like some memory leaks. Any thoughts around memory usage?

Greetings Sobokop,

If you can only answer one of my questions, I prefer it to be #3 : )

1. While I play on Kixeye, rather than Facebook Game Room, (on Google Chrome or Firefox, but I've tried many other browsers: Opera, Maxthon, IE, etc), I have noticed the same issue. With a fresh reload of browser and game, the process for Chrome's Adobe Flash will take up between 1GB and 1.5GB, and the game is playable. As time goes by however, the amount of Ram on my end increases exponentially over a 30-90 minute period; until I reload (after ending process). Starts at a little over 1GB, and increases to up to 3GB+ if I don't reload. The lag increases as well, obviously. 

Similar to the quoted poster, my first thought was some sort of memory leak. *Note: I have played many other games set up similar to WC, but with far more animation and higher quality graphics without this issue.

2. Like another poster, I don't like clearing all the data out of Chrome's Cache, so I try to use Firefox, but the difference in speed is incredible. Half the time I get "Clock out of Sync" Error before Firefox can even load the game, or while waiting for base menus to load, attacks, defense, etc. Chrome runs WC much better than Firefox, minus the memory leakage.
    Any ideas on why this is for the above 2 issues?

3. Can you provide us that would understand the technical details some information on both your server specifications, and how many servers there are (Battle and non-battle)
    Specifically:
    -Number of each server type
     -Technical Specs of each Server type (Ram, CPU, Graphics, Available vs Utilized Bandwidth for the average server, Network Connection/Configuration, etc)
    - How many Sectors are each server Running?

Are there plans to increase the number of all server types in order to decrease the load on each server? Or an increase in Bandwidth to the servers? Or any changes in configurations that you have in mind to help with Game Stability?

Thanks,
    Doc
  • it will fitz
    it will fitz
    Master Tactician
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 2,414
    thanks for the game, I have been enjoying it for many years, and hope to keep on enjoying it for as long as I can

?    can we , or are we going to get a 'top down' type base editor , like the one battle pirates game  ?  that would be cool

• Dot-Gugid
    Dot-Gugid
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 41
    Why is there constant issues with flash player crashing?
    Why are there no concerns over the constant dc ,players are occurring.
    What are you doing currently to stabalize these issues ?

• FH-LadyWarrior
    FH-LadyWarrior
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 100
    Two issues that I have been having lately.  First, whenever I leave attack, whether it is a base or a platoon, I stuck loading and cannot get back in. The toons I am using nor the type of base makes any difference, I always get stuck loading and have to refresh.  This is really annoying during war time.  Second, why when we jump, we are loosing the ability to see tags?  Every time I jump I have to refresh to see tags other than my own. This is also annoying during war as you can be leveled in the time it takes to get back in.  
    No automatic alt text available.
  • BENDOVER-SS
    BENDOVER-SS
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2016 Posts: 15
    When do kixeye hire some people who actually knows how to program? Every **** update you people do comes with new bugs and errors. 
    And when do kixeye buy servers that is actually large enough to run this game?

I have tons of other questions to why you people do things the way you do, but lets start with these 2.
  • Axel L
    Axel L
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 11,107
    edited 4 Aug 2017, 2:10PM
    Here are few of my questions that I would be more than happy to know the answers for.
    • How big effect on the performance has all the approximately 1,000 different workshop components, 150 different units on the game?
    • Is it possible to reduce the amount of upgrades for units/buildings/turrets to make the upgrade process more simple and less tedious?
     <|=  0330 1323 1103 1211 0312 1201 1302 1203 0230 1220 0200  =|> 
     <|=  0302 0320 1310 1220 1211 0200 1313 1233 1302 1210 0230  =|> 
     <|=  0200 1211 0310 1303 0321 1301 1311 1221 1312 0312 1201  =|> 
     <|=  1230 1221 1211 0230 0320 0301 1232 1203 1211 0200 1221  =|> 
     <|=  1232 0200 1201 0302 0200 1210 0320 1221 1203 0232 1310  =|> 
     <|=  0232 1221 1233 1232 1201 1302 1321 0232 0232 0332 1331  =|> 
  • Tanki Online Player
    Tanki Online Player
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 1
    why always lag  in game