STEAM problem after update

• CM Chris
    CM Chris
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 3,741
    I asked our game team a few days ago to do a performance sweep. They're still in the process. Some of the issues, as I mentioned in my pinned post, are not within our control to fix, so we can only try and find ways to alleviate them. As I have more info, I'll post more.
    KIXEYE Director of Marketing
    Community Rules: CLICK HERE
    Submit a Support Ticket: CLICK HERE
  • Choppedreaper
    Choppedreaper
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2016 Posts: 89
    they need to optimize the entire game to 60 fps
    Choppedreaper  GIF
  • Banshee333
    Banshee333
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 270

Thanks for the quick reply chris.

• abyss22
    abyss22
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 8

Agreed, entering combat has a serious delay on steam and on browser, at some times not allowing me to enter at all. This is happening on pve and pvp targets.

• RaniRahn
    RaniRahn
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 1,703
    I have noticed 2 things. It lags when joining into combat. There i have lag first 30s and the rest of battle is almost fine. Also it takes to long to join the battle. Usually i have 10s to make my fleet formations and stuff but now i have 4-5s before battle starts. Second thing is search function. If there is no fleet what i'm searching it takes like 5 sec before there is notice that there is no fleet. Maybe that helps to get to know where the lag problem exactly is.
    52 45 38 67 54 6b 39 55 49 45 4a 56 57 53 42 44 54 30 6c 4f 55 79 45 3d
  • Ubertrainer
    Ubertrainer
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 721

Lag here too

• al6uiz
    al6uiz
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 2
    edited 9 Aug 2017, 1:27AM
    I'm a C# programmer.

To my best guess, new streaming asset system causes the performance problem.

Log entries with combining strings generate huge garbage and the garbage collection causes lag.

I temporarily patched this code in DataManager.LoadStreamingAssetBundle, most of lag is gone.

Sorry, I got different result on every try. my guess was wrong.
  • Choppedreaper
    Choppedreaper
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2016 Posts: 89
    al6uiz said:
    I'm a C# programmer.

To my best guess, new streaming asset system causes the performance problem.

Log entries with combining strings generate huge garbage and the garbage collection causes lag.

I temporarily patched this code in DataManager.LoadStreamingAssetBundle, most of lag is gone.
    do you have a file for us so I can patch mine?
    Choppedreaper  GIF
  • Americanguy
    Americanguy
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2016 Posts: 89
    Constant lag on Stream here as well, must say I have had nothing but problems with utter **** Steam !! absolute pile o **** they are, even stops computer from shutting down for past month !!! and they cannot sort it, again pile o **** Steam !!!
  • mr.Kryptonid
    mr.Kryptonid
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2020 Posts: 3
    hallo 
  • mr.Kryptonid
    mr.Kryptonid
    Greenhorn
    edited 4 Jan 2020, 12:38PM
    have Problems with steam overlay , i can not open the shop-window to buy anything ,  can help anyone ? after the downtime 18.12.2019,
     steam support said : steam ok can not help. i must ask kixeye ? 
  • mr.Kryptonid
    mr.Kryptonid
    Greenhorn
    edited 4 Jan 2020, 12:31PM
    have Problems with steam overlay , i can not open the shop-window to buy anything ,  can help anyone ? after the downtime 18.12.2019,
     steam support said : steam ok can not help. i must ask kixeye ?