Level 60 reapers

gaberking
gaberking
Potential Threat
Joined Aug 2016 Posts: 40
Does anyone know the easiest way to destroy and farm those lvl 60 reapers from decimation? Is there a strategy to do so without manifold missile?

• ChalkSix
    ChalkSix
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 279
    what tech do you have?
  • gaberking
    gaberking
    Potential Threat
    So far zeal is my strongest battleship, rag carrier, corinthean cruiser, those are my strongest ships, also I have aurora all three levels, vector II max, that is what is most important that I have. I am of course looking for strategy that doesn't require that much of a tech or skills, even from knowing that is almost impossible. I so far can take reapers to lvl 45, maybe 50, but I am searching for strategy that maybe don't need a lot of resources.

• ChalkSix
    ChalkSix
    Minor Nuisance
    I have two strategies for you,  you can take your pick based on what ships you have available. 

The 1st strategy involves a carrier and 5 battleships.   Any carrier will work, but you want max dps on the squadrons.  The battleships should be max dps aurora or impulse beam with focused optics 5 and as much shields and armor as will fit.  Start with the pentagon formation with your carrier in the central position.  Have your battleships "circle the wagons"  around your carrier such that the left firing arc faces directly away from the carrier and the right reached across the carrier. Pull the battleships in close to the carrier to close any gaps in the firing arcs. 

Once in position, do not allow your ships to move (make sure AI mode is off).  The reapers will circle around your formation and your battleships will be able to fire with both firing arcs thereby doubling their dps.  You can focus fire (right click) with your carrier on the beam reaper with the lowest health.  The carrier should take almost no damage if you do it right.  You can probably do 3-4 battles this way before one of the battleships gets killed or is very low on health.

The 2nd strategy is a kiting-type strategy with a mixed battleship and cruiser fleet.  You will need an agility support carrier such as the rag and either 2 cruisers 3 battleships or 3 cruisers 2 battleships.  Once again the battleships should be max dps energy weapons that can't miss such as impulse beam or aurora (ideally nova)  and the cruisers should be fitted for max shields and armor cruiser weapon is less important, but better if it doen't miss.

Start by ordering your carrier turn around and fly to the edge of the map.  Then form up your battleships and cruisers to the left of the carrier with the cruisers in a line closest to the reapers and the battleships behind them.  Group the battleships and cruisers so they fly at the same speed.  Then fly/strafe away from the reapers to the left of the carrier so that the cruisers take the reapers fire as much as possible.  Keep your formation turned so the battleships and cruisers are always firing on the reapers.  Also keep the reapers agro on the cruiser group and not the carrier.  Again you can focus fire with the carrier on the lowest health beam reaper.  If the cruisers don't lose shields, you can do many hits in a row before going in for repairs.  Your mileage may vary depending on piloting.

General tips vs reapers:
    1.  Stasis weapons are useless vs reapers because of their high stasis resist.  Don't bother.
    2.  Because of the high speed of the reapers, projectile and explosive weapons often miss. Use energy weapons instead.
    3.  The Rift beam reapers do much more damage than the gatling ray type. Try to kill them first.
    4.  Focus all firepower on 1 reaper at a time until dead to reduce the damage you take. (unless doing the circle the wagons strat)
    5.  Try to spread out the reaper formation to avoid being fired on by many reapers at once.

• gaberking
    gaberking
    Potential Threat
    Thanks man! That will really help me :smile: ! So those two strategies can destroy lvl 60 reaper fleet. Just a small question here; won't carrier in first strategy move if I focus fire with it if AI is off? Thanks!
  • ChalkSix
    ChalkSix
    Minor Nuisance
    right click a target to focus fire without a move order.
  • gaberking
    gaberking
    Potential Threat
    Ok thanks bro :smile:
  • gaberking
    gaberking
    Potential Threat

ChalkSix said:

I have two strategies for you,  you can take your pick based on what ships you have available. 

The 1st strategy involves a carrier and 5 battleships.   Any carrier will work, but you want max dps on the squadrons.  The battleships should be max dps aurora or impulse beam with focused optics 5 and as much shields and armor as will fit.  Start with the pentagon formation with your carrier in the central position.  Have your battleships "circle the wagons"  around your carrier such that the left firing arc faces directly away from the carrier and the right reached across the carrier. Pull the battleships in close to the carrier to close any gaps in the firing arcs. 

Once in position, do not allow your ships to move (make sure AI mode is off).  The reapers will circle around your formation and your battleships will be able to fire with both firing arcs thereby doubling their dps.  You can focus fire (right click) with your carrier on the beam reaper with the lowest health.  The carrier should take almost no damage if you do it right.  You can probably do 3-4 battles this way before one of the battleships gets killed or is very low on health.

The 2nd strategy is a kiting-type strategy with a mixed battleship and cruiser fleet.  You will need an agility support carrier such as the rag and either 2 cruisers 3 battleships or 3 cruisers 2 battleships.  Once again the battleships should be max dps energy weapons that can't miss such as impulse beam or aurora (ideally nova)  and the cruisers should be fitted for max shields and armor cruiser weapon is less important, but better if it doen't miss.

Start by ordering your carrier turn around and fly to the edge of the map.  Then form up your battleships and cruisers to the left of the carrier with the cruisers in a line closest to the reapers and the battleships behind them.  Group the battleships and cruisers so they fly at the same speed.  Then fly/strafe away from the reapers to the left of the carrier so that the cruisers take the reapers fire as much as possible.  Keep your formation turned so the battleships and cruisers are always firing on the reapers.  Also keep the reapers agro on the cruiser group and not the carrier.  Again you can focus fire with the carrier on the lowest health beam reaper.  If the cruisers don't lose shields, you can do many hits in a row before going in for repairs.  Your mileage may vary depending on piloting.

General tips vs reapers:
    1.  Stasis weapons are useless vs reapers because of their high stasis resist.  Don't bother.
    2.  Because of the high speed of the reapers, projectile and explosive weapons often miss. Use energy weapons instead.
    3.  The Rift beam reapers do much more damage than the gatling ray type. Try to kill them first.
    4.  Focus all firepower on 1 reaper at a time until dead to reduce the damage you take. (unless doing the circle the wagons strat)
    5.  Try to spread out the reaper formation to avoid being fired on by many reapers at once.

I forgot to ask; will first strategy work with 5 venoms with 200 dps auroras, spectral IV, zythium II twice and fusion III, and with ragnarok with four times fighters III, meta III and fusion III?

• ChalkSix
    ChalkSix
    Minor Nuisance
    Try it and see.