Planet Strike - Flying Fortress Strategy

HarpoonoZenith
HarpoonoZenith
Skilled Warrior
Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 422
edited 29 May 2017, 5:53AM
Before Reading: You require a Carrier to do this strategy, You can obtain one in a prize box in Alien Mobilization, or Planet Strike itself.

The Flying Fortress strategy was surprisingly effective in it's trial runs against Lvl 40 VEGA fleets, With repeated success, Insta fleets can either be elsewhere on another fleet or not be needed if you have enough carriers.

This Strategy Requires a Carrier of any kind (Rag, Valk, Midguard, Dom, Ect.) with at least Fusion Thrusters I and armor of your choice.

the rest of is extremely simple work:

1, Fly the carrier into the opposite direction of the Fleet
2. do not target any Ships, doing so will cause squadrons to focus on one ship and not multiple
3. After the Destiny Cruisers are destroyed, Continue your path until the Apocs are destroyed,
4. Now focus on one of the oncoming Dread Battleships, after Destroying one fly your carrier parallel to the Second Dread's firing arc to buy time and avoid being hit
5. After all other ships are destroyed attack the Enemy Carrier.
6. Repeat, Multiple carrier fleets at once can have big rewards

Note: If you have multiple carriers sitting around during Planet strike, try experimenting with them until you get the results you are looking for. this strategy may not work against Lvl 45 VEGA Fleets, but if you happen to use Alien Squadrons with a Dominion or Freyja Carrier here is the results

Lvl 40 VEGA Armada: 30K Intel x7 Carrier Fleets = 210K if done successfully on all attacks (Valk, or Rag recommended)
IDEAL GEAR:

-Fusion I-III
-Meta I-III
-Bomber Squadrons
-Fighter Squadrons III OR Interceptor Squadrons I-III

LVL 45 VEGA Armada: 60K Intel x7 Carrier Fleets = 420K If done Successfully on all attacks (Freyja Or Dom Recommended)
-Bomber Squadron
-Interceptor Squadron
-Fighter Squadron (for when Ships get close, x2 Fighters, x2 Something else for long range)
-Fusion Thrusters I - III (MUST HAVE TO AVOID BEING HIT)
-Iridium - Zynthium Armor
-Metaphase I - III

While not every player may have 7 carriers laying around, this can be used for repeating planet strikes, and even using just one Carrier can get you a lot of points in a short amount of time

Or you know if your a high end level player looking for res you could just go in with your Xeno fleets and kill everything...

Image result for **** Kixeye
  • Tyler Gowin
    Tyler Gowin
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2017 Posts: 7

Yes I agree my carrier fleet did a lot better against them then my other fleets and if I targeted the enemy carrier all the enemy ships get destroyed 90% of the time before I even arrive at the carrier

• HarpoonoZenith
    HarpoonoZenith
    Skilled Warrior
    Updated.
    I got the majority of my Points from this strat, Rather than having to click over and over to fix an insta, just send one ship and It does the job perfectly.
  • BJDware
    BJDware
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2017 Posts: 51
    edited 30 May 2017, 2:30PM
    This strategy is actually quite effective. I Used it on the last planet strike, except that i threw in a manifold cutter to quickly take out the carrier once the other ships were dealt with.
  • HarpoonoZenith
    HarpoonoZenith
    Skilled Warrior
    Bump.
    Don't forget to use this again Noobies
  • Tyler Woodman
    Tyler Woodman
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 11
    edited 20 Jun 2017, 7:50AM
    Heres a strategy i use for lv45 Vsec. Though im not sure if a lower tech build can do it as well as i do

What you need:
    Cruisers (Revs or better)
    High dps weapon (Novas should work. Manis would be ok but the shots are too slow)
    Shock4 shield x2
    Whatever specials

What you do is:

From the start turn your fleet around and fly away

As theyre flying away set their destination so that they are tightly grouped up

Put the fleet in a group afterwards and continue flying away

Keep flying away, youll note that the destinys will likely catch up and fire. Trying to clip them should be possible but try not to stop flying away

Once the battleships are outside the carriers support, turn around and rush in

Destroy any destinys before engaging

Fly towards one of the apocs, try your best not to let the other one catch up while you destroy it

At this point, if the battleship nearest you isnt firing, fly to the other apoc. If it is, go in and kill it

If you killed the battleship, go for the apoc next. If you killed the apoc, go for the nearest battleship

Kill the remaning battleship

Bumrush the carrier

---------------

If done effectively, youll engage each of the apocs and battleshps without the others firing at you. You should also be able to destroy all the ships before youre in the carriers scramble range. NOTE THAT IT WONT BE INSTANT REPAIR, but will be minor downtime of 10min at worst. 10min for 65k points. Thats just an hour for a hull

NOTE THAT WHILE DEVELOPING THIS STRATEGY I USED A HIGHER TECH FLEET. This may not actually work with lower tier equipment. I used 2 Punishers (i believe they had Aururas and Novas at the time) and 4 cruisers with Manifold missile

• HarpoonoZenith
    HarpoonoZenith
    Skilled Warrior

Heres a strategy i use for lv45 Vsec. Though im not sure if a lower tech build can do it as well as i do

What you need:
    Cruisers (Revs or better)
    High dps weapon (Novas should work. Manis would be ok but the shots are too slow)
    Shock4 shield x2
    Whatever specials

What you do is:

From the start turn your fleet around and fly away

As theyre flying away set their destination so that they are tightly grouped up

Put the fleet in a group afterwards and continue flying away

Keep flying away, youll note that the destinys will likely catch up and fire. Trying to clip them should be possible but try not to stop flying away

Once the battleships are outside the carriers support, turn around and rush in

Destroy any destinys before engaging

Fly towards one of the apocs, try your best not to let the other one catch up while you destroy it

At this point, if the battleship nearest you isnt firing, fly to the other apoc. If it is, go in and kill it

If you killed the battleship, go for the apoc next. If you killed the apoc, go for the nearest battleship

Kill the remaning battleship

Bumrush the carrier

---------------

If done effectively, youll engage each of the apocs and battleshps without the others firing at you. You should also be able to destroy all the ships before youre in the carriers scramble range. NOTE THAT IT WONT BE INSTANT REPAIR, but will be minor downtime of 10min at worst. 10min for 65k points. Thats just an hour for a hull

NOTE THAT WHILE DEVELOPING THIS STRATEGY I USED A HIGHER TECH FLEET. This may not actually work with lower tier equipment. I used 2 Punishers (i believe they had Aururas and Novas at the time) and 4 cruisers with Manifold missile

Both of these Strats are useful to anyone trying to get good Tech in VC, These Builds are usefuls in Eventually working your way up to Getting Higher level Ships.

• Benacle
    Benacle
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2017 Posts: 11

Insta rancs with gladius 2 can auto up to lvl 30 targets with 100% success, 60-70% on lvl 33s. Run three of these fleets using taging to locate them, while using a higher tech fleet (like venoms) to manual on higher lvl targets. This method got me all the fusion bps, the meta bps, rag, zeal, and lance.