March Alien Decimation Briefing

  • hcmcris
    hcmcris
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2016 Posts: 143

    This event looked nice until it started....this time you changed the alien fleets. Of course, you realized that the players are not content with the event and made some changes to points pay out.... but in your greed, you left the alien fleets still tougher than the last event...so, the points pay out was just a bone for the hungry players! Still, in this event is hard to make some points just because of the damage and repair time we get! I was able to do lvl 65 Reapers with 2 hours of repair/fight in the event before....now I make them with 5 hours of repair/fight. When the you learn to let the things as best for all????!!!!! You made catch up events to do what??? To now making the gap even greater!

    ...and you wonder why the players are so mad on you?!

    In the events of the last few months, you showed to all of us how unstable are in your decisions...so, you should change the name of your company to one that express your true nature...maybe we will pass by and visit...

  • RavenDrakar
    RavenDrakar
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 1,259
    CS CHRIS said:
    CS CHRIS said:
    I understand this looks to be quite a daunting challenge, and it is. A few gentle reminders for everyone, though:

    - Solo targets are balanced at a lower difficulty than Co-Op targets. Your task is not to face a level 95 Co-Op target by yourself. While boss targets will be extremely difficult (they are boss targets, after all), they are balanced for one player to tackle.

    - Yes, the latest Xeno ships with the latest Xeno tech equipped will be the most efficient means to destroy a target. As was mentioned at the start of this season, the highest level tech from the monthly events and various sector activities are subsequently going to be the best to use for the highest level Alien targets. They are not the only means to destroy a target, just the most efficient.

    - This event lasts for 4 days. A single boss target fight at the highest level will earn you enough points to unlock almost any prize in the store, and those are far from the only targets on the map. So don't go into this feeling like you have to completely clean out the store in a day, you have time and you have options. Plan your strategies accordingly. 

    I would like to officially challenge anyone in the Kixeye office to design a fleet made up of non-Xeno ships that is capable of destroying the level 90 harvesters in their current state. We all know that if you have coined a fleet of Punishers they are relatively easy, but for those of us who don't spend hundreds a month on your game, we need to be able to use our T5 content as well. And better yet, if what CS CHRIS has said is true, and "They (T6 content) are not the only means to destroy a target, just the most efficient.", this should not be a problem. 

    Any combination of non Xeno ships, using FB13, and any infernal weapons that you want/can fit. I'd love to see it. 
    Allow me to take this opportunity to clarify, as my statement seems to keep getting misconstrued.

    You don't have to use only the very latest Xeno tech to defeat an enemy. By very latest, I mean from the most recent event or activity. I did not mean, nor say, that you don't have to use any T6 tech. A combination of T6 and T5 content is working for players, Punisher Cruisers are working for players. 
    Here let me give you an example:

    Here's a fleet of a Mk 5 Dominion, two Mk 1 Punishers, and three Mk 5 Covenants, at level 65. It was able to get a level 90 harvester down to 34% before it died, giving me a total of just around 18 hours of repair, for nothing but intel as a reward:



    Do you get the concept, or do you need it to be spelled out to you more clearly?

    Your statement of "You don't have to use only the very latest Xeno tech to defeat an enemy" is, in the most literal sense, blatantly false. Only those who have spent large sums of money on this game are able to participate in this event at the highest level.  I challenge you to prove me wrong. 
    You arent wrong about the need for T6 for the barrage harvesters. I must ask though. Considering that even Kix has been upfront about how speed is pretty much required to not take massive damage on the barrage hives or barrage harvesters from those long range missiles, why do you try to take a 90 barrage harvester down with a slow dominion? I could understand the logic if it was just providing the agility field out of range of the missiles but you are showing it dead? Those missiles do explosive damage so punishers are no use to you unless they have 50% explosive resists.

    That said, i would not attempt any barrage content without at least 3 T6 ships, heavily upgraded with resists, to take the damage. i use 6 upgraded T6 ships and i still take 5 hours repair worth of damage from 90s or 100 coins about. If i used only Decimators fully upgraded it would be lower repair than that but never within resonable margins.

    This encounter CAN thus be done with a mix of T6 and T5, but you will take so massive damage that its never worth it in the end. Maybe Kix gave us a political answer where they arent incorrect in what they claim but are well aware that the claim isnt close to resonable in reality. They never claimed it would be resonable and we all know why they cant make such a claim.
    The Idea is to use the Mobility field on the DOM to get your ships past the weapons min range cut-off faster, then turn the dom back before it takes any damage.  
    Death flies on the wings of the Blackbird of Hell.
  • Sonidojoo
    Sonidojoo
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2016 Posts: 2,713
    punishers with no armor and resistors don't survive
  • ChRisC_2o0o
    ChRisC_2o0o
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 5
    just and FYI, no coiner here (well maybe the odd $5 per year ;)
    I have done 2x level 80 barrage, 1x 83 and 1x 85 - all with NO ALIEN tech, just pythons, zynth5 max armour and blast. My max repair was 15 hours my best repair was 8 hours. But for a top end tier 6 end game level - I expect this.
    Why the shock its so hard??
  • Cyrus Leung
    Cyrus Leung
    VC Mod
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 3,668

    @STORM_BREAKER said:

    @STORM_BREAKER said:
    Cyrus plz explain... @Cyrus Leung

    In the info graph, solo point payout = max point payout x ( % dmg taken)²

    Correct me if I am wrong... does it mean if you take more dmg you get more points? :o

    Still waiting for an answer @Cyrus Leung

    Damage taken BY THE ENEMY FLEET.

  • Sonidojoo
    Sonidojoo
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2016 Posts: 2,713
    edited 26 Mar 2017, 11:21AM
    just and FYI, no coiner here (well maybe the odd $5 per year ;)
    I have done 2x level 80 barrage, 1x 83 and 1x 85 - all with NO ALIEN tech, just pythons, zynth5 max armour and blast. My max repair was 15 hours my best repair was 8 hours. But for a top end tier 6 end game level - I expect this.
    Why the shock its so hard??
    we are talking about BARRAGE HARVESTERS, dumbass
  • Housefly
    Housefly
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 116

    @STORM_BREAKER said:

    @STORM_BREAKER said:
    Cyrus plz explain... @Cyrus Leung

    In the info graph, solo point payout = max point payout x ( % dmg taken)²

    Correct me if I am wrong... does it mean if you take more dmg you get more points? :o

    Still waiting for an answer @Cyrus Leung

    Damage taken BY THE ENEMY FLEET.


    So as a player Cyrus,are you actually enjoying the event?  Do you like the direction the game is heading?  What do you think of the massive amounts of players that are extremely unhappy with the game right now?
  • STORM_BREAKER
    STORM_BREAKER
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 1,920
    Sonidojoo said:
    https://youtu.be/iXTaHUNFAtI?t=2m2s

    look how hard coiners was kixeyed with equiping xeno cluster bullshit II with 3 days equip time and loosing to nova ray

    pay more guys, you making my day
    WTF is up with the first battle?! 131 spectators?! Thats IMPOSSIBLE! Literally, i guess 41 is the max spectators a battle can have...
    I don't know video can't be faked but that is just ABSURD... AT 0:@20 seconds


  • Andrea Nard1
    Andrea Nard1
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 2,654
    edited 26 Mar 2017, 1:49PM
    Replay a video and click restart (last icon on the right side), you will see that the number of spectators increases.

    image
  • STORM_BREAKER
    STORM_BREAKER
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 1,920
    Replay a video and click restart (last icon on the right side), you will see that the number of spectators increases.

     :D I had no idea that happened LMAO... Nice new thing to learn lol...



  • Necromancer of Ashes
    Necromancer of Ashes
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2016 Posts: 439

    @Sonidojoo said:
    look how hard coiners was kixeyed with equiping xeno cluster bullshit II with 3 days equip time and loosing to nova ray

    pay more guys, you making my day

    Well one fleet was all cruiser while the other cutters. Rather uneven battle to tell if xeno cluster is bad considering that cruisers are meant to destroy cutters

  • Sonidojoo
    Sonidojoo
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2016 Posts: 2,713
    Ako_F8 said:

    @Sonidojoo said:
    look how hard coiners was kixeyed with equiping xeno cluster bullshit II with 3 days equip time and loosing to nova ray

    pay more guys, you making my day

    Well one fleet was all cruiser while the other cutters. Rather uneven battle to tell if xeno cluster is bad considering that cruisers are meant to destroy cutters

    i'm talking only about last battle starting at 2:02
  • Coelus
    Coelus
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 1,222

    @Ako_F8 said:

    @Sonidojoo said:
    look how hard coiners was kixeyed with equiping xeno cluster bullshit II with 3 days equip time and loosing to nova ray

    pay more guys, you making my day

    Well one fleet was all cruiser while the other cutters. Rather uneven battle to tell if xeno cluster is bad considering that cruisers are meant to destroy cutters

    Cruisers are only really meant to kill cutters because of their mk damage bonus against them. Xeno division has no hull counter modifier

  • annubis547
    annubis547
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2015 Posts: 166

    So we get a 25% repair discount. Well I'm sorry kixeye it's to little to late you guys really messed this event with points payout and over powered fleets

  • danking
    danking
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 97
    Event after event u are give us less points for same target and make them harder and make it only for coin not skill more for kill event fleet.. so sad about that
  • zparadis
    zparadis
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2017 Posts: 801
    Coelus said:

    @Ako_F8 said:

    @Sonidojoo said:
    look how hard coiners was kixeyed with equiping xeno cluster bullshit II with 3 days equip time and loosing to nova ray

    pay more guys, you making my day

    Well one fleet was all cruiser while the other cutters. Rather uneven battle to tell if xeno cluster is bad considering that cruisers are meant to destroy cutters

    Cruisers are only really meant to kill cutters because of their mk damage bonus against them. Xeno division has no hull counter modifier

    yeah, but punisher has double the armour and shields, it is still an uneven battle
  • BatteryChucker
    BatteryChucker
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 522
    Sonidojoo said:
    Ako_F8 said:

    @Sonidojoo said:
    look how hard coiners was kixeyed with equiping xeno cluster bullshit II with 3 days equip time and loosing to nova ray

    pay more guys, you making my day

    Well one fleet was all cruiser while the other cutters. Rather uneven battle to tell if xeno cluster is bad considering that cruisers are meant to destroy cutters

    i'm talking only about last battle starting at 2:02
    Not surprising since most of the alien armor is made against explosive and alien damage, so energy damage with no shields will eventually win out.
  • Necromancer of Ashes
    Necromancer of Ashes
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2016 Posts: 439

    @Coelus said:

    @Ako_F8 said:

    @Sonidojoo said:
    look how hard coiners was kixeyed with equiping xeno cluster bullshit II with 3 days equip time and loosing to nova ray

    pay more guys, you making my day

    Well one fleet was all cruiser while the other cutters. Rather uneven battle to tell if xeno cluster is bad considering that cruisers are meant to destroy cutters

    Cruisers are only really meant to kill cutters because of their mk damage bonus against them. Xeno division has no hull counter modifier

    True, meant to mean it like their composition of the ship itself. The cutter's number of weapon slot is high but not high enough to really counter a cruiser along with poor arc range. Sorry that it wasn't clear on what I was saying

  • hcmcris
    hcmcris
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2016 Posts: 143

    KIX give us repair discount! For what? In current event condition they should let the f.... event run at least 2 weeks so we can get some points. The f... aliens are too tough!
    KIX, repair discount is equal to "0" when we cannot beat the fleets that can give us some points!
    In this event I managed to get 200k points, in the events before I managed to make way past 1,5 m in 6hrs/day playing....see the difference?!!!
    Kis, you are not suited to manage the game!

  • Milo_ja
    Milo_ja
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 1,180
    CS CHRIS said:
    CS CHRIS said:
    I understand this looks to be quite a daunting challenge, and it is. A few gentle reminders for everyone, though:

    - Solo targets are balanced at a lower difficulty than Co-Op targets. Your task is not to face a level 95 Co-Op target by yourself. While boss targets will be extremely difficult (they are boss targets, after all), they are balanced for one player to tackle.

    - Yes, the latest Xeno ships with the latest Xeno tech equipped will be the most efficient means to destroy a target. As was mentioned at the start of this season, the highest level tech from the monthly events and various sector activities are subsequently going to be the best to use for the highest level Alien targets. They are not the only means to destroy a target, just the most efficient.

    - This event lasts for 4 days. A single boss target fight at the highest level will earn you enough points to unlock almost any prize in the store, and those are far from the only targets on the map. So don't go into this feeling like you have to completely clean out the store in a day, you have time and you have options. Plan your strategies accordingly. 

    I would like to officially challenge anyone in the Kixeye office to design a fleet made up of non-Xeno ships that is capable of destroying the level 90 harvesters in their current state. We all know that if you have coined a fleet of Punishers they are relatively easy, but for those of us who don't spend hundreds a month on your game, we need to be able to use our T5 content as well. And better yet, if what CS CHRIS has said is true, and "They (T6 content) are not the only means to destroy a target, just the most efficient.", this should not be a problem. 

    Any combination of non Xeno ships, using FB13, and any infernal weapons that you want/can fit. I'd love to see it. 
    Allow me to take this opportunity to clarify, as my statement seems to keep getting misconstrued.

    You don't have to use only the very latest Xeno tech to defeat an enemy. By very latest, I mean from the most recent event or activity. I did not mean, nor say, that you don't have to use any T6 tech. A combination of T6 and T5 content is working for players, Punisher Cruisers are working for players. 
    Ready for round 2? I know I wasn't.

    Here we have the result of a third harvester attempt. My third Xeno Disintegrator Punisher finished this afternoon, so I put it in the fleet along with two of the Mk. 5 Covenants, and the same Dominion as before. Here is the result:



    I didn't even try to engage with my carrier, given that it didn't even get close last time. So in total, a net 15 hours of repair time, using 3 punishers, 2 Covenants, and a Dominion for speed, giving me intel, and nothing else. 

    This time I got it down to 10% before my fleet died. 

    Do you see a trend here? It almost seems like the 90+ harvesters were designed with only T6 tech in mind. During approach, I tanked with the Punishers until their shields dropped, then switching agro to the Covenants, and even then, the two covenants didn't even survive long enough to get a shot off.

    CS Chris, do you care to comment? I would love to hear your opinion on this issue. Any other Mods or people on the Game Team? I mean to me it is abundantly clear that the high end content in this event was designed with only T6 content in mind, but I'd like to hear your point of view.
    You can find 9h rep strategy here: https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/688973
  • Milo_ja
    Milo_ja
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 1,180
    just and FYI, no coiner here (well maybe the odd $5 per year ;)
    I have done 2x level 80 barrage, 1x 83 and 1x 85 - all with NO ALIEN tech, just pythons, zynth5 max armour and blast. My max repair was 15 hours my best repair was 8 hours. But for a top end tier 6 end game level - I expect this.
    Why the shock its so hard??
    With komodos mk5, mid and 1 insta decoy you can get about 6h rep against lv 80.
  • iamnotu1
    iamnotu1
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2016 Posts: 120
    I just want my 60 fleet to not get attacked by co-op fleets that are 10 levels higher (that give you a warning if you attack them to not try it by yourself). Is that too much to ask? In that case I want to be able to leave a battle instead of having to waste 5 mins swimming away. 
  • zparadis
    zparadis
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2017 Posts: 801
    hcmcris said:

    KIX give us repair discount! For what? In current event condition they should let the f.... event run at least 2 weeks so we can get some points. The f... aliens are too tough!
    KIX, repair discount is equal to "0" when we cannot beat the fleets that can give us some points!
    In this event I managed to get 200k points, in the events before I managed to make way past 1,5 m in 6hrs/day playing....see the difference?!!!
    Kis, you are not suited to manage the game!

    Well, if you don't want it, that's fine, otherwise, shut up
  • GALACTUSX
    GALACTUSX
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 592
    The happiest moment of the whole event .. THE LAST 5 SECONDS


  • IdahoWizard
    IdahoWizard
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2016 Posts: 213

    There was an event? Oh ya, it's like it never happened... o. O

  • Baculum
    Baculum
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 125
    So the last 24 hours of the event kixeye give us a 24 hour repair bonus.  Basically that indicates they realised they had stuffed up and were trying to appease us.  Well this reminds me of a saying -
    You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
    So said Abraham Lincoln.  Sounds like he must have been playing Vega Coinflict!

  • zparadis
    zparadis
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2017 Posts: 801
    So the last 24 hours of the event kixeye give us a 24 hour repair bonus.  Basically that indicates they realised they had stuffed up and were trying to appease us.  Well this reminds me of a saying -
    You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
    So said Abraham Lincoln.  Sounds like he must have been playing Vega Coinflict!

    Ask him to tell The Doctor i said hello
  • Makpoc
    Makpoc
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 76
    edited 28 Mar 2017, 11:54AM
    ****. I cannot mark this as spam and like it at the same time... allons-y
This discussion has been closed.