March Alien Decimation Briefing

• joseph stone0
    joseph stone0
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 94
    I fond it funny, how I got 5 trolling flags just to highlight that a 1000 words post was without even one period... just one never ending sentence
    Do you think that a Kix employee or a CM will read that post? and even if they read it they will take in consideration what is stated there?
    I said earlier that you should learn how to communicate... ****, ****, fu, piss off, etc does not lead anywhere, long posts are just skipped, if you want to convey a message write it politely and short. Insults or similar will just make your post meaningless.
    If you need to vent your frustration use other means, venting it here is just counterproductive... 

85% of your replies to people consist of asking them if they are stupid or something to that effect. You should practice what you are preaching friend.
    I might be wrong, but your comment does not add anything .... so yeah according to your estimate, you belong to that 85%
    Cool story! ;)
  • Darth of 1300
    Darth of 1300
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 563
    of course they aren't balanced for tier 5. only tier 6, and only if you spent tons of money buying the deals to mk them up right away and coin built them. Without coins, you only have 4-5 ships built right now and fitted. and half of them aren't fitted with the best tech because greedy kix releases new hull and tech, people coin the **** out of it to build them and mk them up, then a week later we have a new armor for them, and need to refit if we want it. since they take days to refit you have to coin them to keep going. the next week you get a new weapon, but you cant fit them on without moving the armor you coined on, and the weapon take days to fit, too. so coin them. you cant keep up and do these events unless you coin. all kix cares about is the people who coin hundreds a week
  • Darth of 1300
    Darth of 1300
    Skilled Warrior
    kixeye really doesn't care about the game, they just want the money, **** the players who aren't paying $100+ USD a week because we don't matter.
  • Aletheides
    Aletheides
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 1,963
    T5 and T6 works in combinations on the reapers. Been doing that myself. But for lvl 88 to 95 content, anything less than a full T6 fleets seems to be ill advised. I have one of those, with EXAL and the proper resistors, and i still take massive damage compared to any run against the reapers since release of them. I would never try to bring my non T6 ships there, its suicide.
  • sdrawkcaBssA
    sdrawkcaBssA
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 101
    oh you can extend the time on this and cancel the next but couldn't do that with the legacy event even though there was a day between? and yes you changed event and added co-op and such...thanks. it came too late as i already jumped in game seen the insulting BS that this event  was and gave up....now the next day event looks much more do-able with some prizes added i actually want...after i gave up and the first day is gone....

so i will hit ONLY harvesters and try to get a few swarms....wow great event sent out 1 fleet a day...so much fun 
  • Iczer1
    Iczer1
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 28

I considered the coin offer briefly (just the $19.99 one). Then I thought, "why?" Paying money to only be pissed about how little good it did me the next event seemed very stupid investment. Now I wonder why people throw money into this to get more pissed? Instead I bought tickets to watch Logan in theaters where I enjoyed seeing someone else getting the shaft instead of myself or my fellow players.

• Ubertrainer
    Ubertrainer
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 721
    I fond it funny, how I got 5 trolling flags just to highlight that a 1000 words post was without even one period... just one never ending sentence
    Do you think that a Kix employee or a CM will read that post? and even if they read it they will take in consideration what is stated there?
    I said earlier that you should learn how to communicate... ****, ****, fu, piss off, etc does not lead anywhere, long posts are just skipped, if you want to convey a message write it politely and short. Insults or similar will just make your post meaningless.
    If you need to vent your frustration use other means, venting it here is just counterproductive... 

Andrea

You know I get along with you mostly.  The problem is that NOTHING gets anywhere with Kixeye.  No matter how well constructed or compelling an argument is constructed, it is never even acknowledged.  Nobody here with this level of passion wishes the game to fail, exactly the opposite.  Kixeye are travelling in the wrong direction here in so many levels; it is they who are creating this toxin not their customers. 

I am afraid you are on the wrong side of the argument on this occasion in my opinion.

• Don't Speak
    Don't Speak
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 438
    This event is stupid, the damage on the high targets is just insane. Not worth it!!!
  • Noob-Noob316
    Noob-Noob316
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 290
    My sector is dead no one really doing the event minus the 10 active players.. whoa...
  • CORSAIR PT
    CORSAIR PT
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 28
    edited 24 Mar 2017, 11:30PM
    intead invest on kix money grab game offers or them toxic coins ... i decided to buy another space game on steam .... oh man ... so great ... AVORIUM ... and next mounth will be "BeyondDark" . thx kix to open my eyes ;)
  • MajorGavriel
    MajorGavriel
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 134

@CM_DOOMROOSTER, @CS CHRIS
    hello, here is some constructive criticism of the event from a mid-level, fleet bay12 player:

• I have nothing for the High level 90-95 fleets, not a big problem, I should be able to hit 80 and under, and enjoy the event, I was so wrong.

• Co-op Harvestors: I built a fleet for the harvestors we saw last year in Decimation, 6 manifold-3 heretics, this same fleet which could hit 2-level 75 before having to repair. Now hitting one 75 harvestor and losing 2 ships, and getting a 13 hour repair, plus getting less then 250k is sad. FIX: Make Harvestor difficulty same as old original Decimation events and/or Double the points payout.

• Reapers: in comparison to old Decimation events, the Reapers replaced the Co-Op/Solo Hives 60-75. So why are they so hard with little points payout? Old 70 would net 100k points. As a mid-level player hitting the old hives I would use some coins and earn about 1 million event points per 100 coins spent, a very efficient return on my investment, with a purpose built Hive fleet. Now we should be able to use our old demon core fleets on reapers and come away with a decent points haul and low damage, wrong! Hit a lowly 60 reaper with demon core ships is 10-12 coin repair and ONLY earning 30k points. So per 100 coin investment will only net 300k points, can you see why and where the game is killing mid-level players?????? FIX: Double the reapers points payout and/or REDUCE "hit points" of the fleets 60-78.

-My only option now is grind 55 hives. Fun? Nope. Getting the new top level Xeno tech? Not possible, have to hit the 80+ fleets, and all my fleets are dead now. Getting further left behind on tech? Yes.

• RustyRobot
    RustyRobot
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 1,206
    CS CHRIS said:
    CS CHRIS said:
    I understand this looks to be quite a daunting challenge, and it is. A few gentle reminders for everyone, though:

- Solo targets are balanced at a lower difficulty than Co-Op targets. Your task is not to face a level 95 Co-Op target by yourself. While boss targets will be extremely difficult (they are boss targets, after all), they are balanced for one player to tackle.

- Yes, the latest Xeno ships with the latest Xeno tech equipped will be the most efficient means to destroy a target. As was mentioned at the start of this season, the highest level tech from the monthly events and various sector activities are subsequently going to be the best to use for the highest level Alien targets. They are not the only means to destroy a target, just the most efficient.

- This event lasts for 4 days. A single boss target fight at the highest level will earn you enough points to unlock almost any prize in the store, and those are far from the only targets on the map. So don't go into this feeling like you have to completely clean out the store in a day, you have time and you have options. Plan your strategies accordingly. 

I would like to officially challenge anyone in the Kixeye office to design a fleet made up of non-Xeno ships that is capable of destroying the level 90 harvesters in their current state. We all know that if you have coined a fleet of Punishers they are relatively easy, but for those of us who don't spend hundreds a month on your game, we need to be able to use our T5 content as well. And better yet, if what CS CHRIS has said is true, and "They (T6 content) are not the only means to destroy a target, just the most efficient.", this should not be a problem. 

Any combination of non Xeno ships, using FB13, and any infernal weapons that you want/can fit. I'd love to see it. 
    Allow me to take this opportunity to clarify, as my statement seems to keep getting misconstrued.

You don't have to use only the very latest Xeno tech to defeat an enemy. By very latest, I mean from the most recent event or activity. I did not mean, nor say, that you don't have to use any T6 tech. A combination of T6 and T5 content is working for players, Punisher Cruisers are working for players. 
    I am entirely aware that with the use of T6 tech it is possible to do the event, but my challenge still stands. Make a fleet, with anything in the game aside from T6 tech that is capable of killing a level 90 harvester in their current state. 

We are waiting. 
    Level: 66
    Hours: 2,610
    Hand Crafted Mk. E Ships: 2
  • Darth of 1300
    Darth of 1300
    Skilled Warrior
    yeees VEGA players...let the hate flow threw you
  • SimonM99
    SimonM99
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 9

Proportional graphic representation of target fleet value.
  • STORM_BREAKER
    STORM_BREAKER
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 1,920

@STORM_BREAKER said:
    Cyrus plz explain... @Cyrus Leung

In the info graph, solo point payout = max point payout x ( % dmg taken)²

Correct me if I am wrong... does it mean if you take more dmg you get more points? :o

Still waiting for an answer @Cyrus Leung

• STORM_BREAKER
    STORM_BREAKER
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 1,920

@Ubertrainer said:
    Andrea Nard1 said:

Andrea

You know I get along with you mostly.  The problem is that NOTHING gets anywhere with Kixeye.  No matter how well constructed or compelling an argument is constructed, it is never even acknowledged.  Nobody here with this level of passion wishes the game to fail, exactly the opposite.  Kixeye are travelling in the wrong direction here in so many levels; it is they who are creating this toxin not their customers. 

I am afraid you are on the wrong side of the argument on this occasion in my opinion.

Yeah I used to make good posts before with spreadsheets charts and lot more innovative stuff regarding how to use dominion effectively, well all those was before introduction of T6. After T6 was thrown at our bloody faces with coiners getting massive buff in their fvf capabilities, meh I feel it's **** useless to even try to make one... Now even coiners revolt. Maybe now kix will learn.

So Andrea no matter how much you dislike my post and flag me, know that there was a time before you became so active on forums...

OFF TOPIC
  • Aletheides
    Aletheides
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 1,963
    CS CHRIS said:
    CS CHRIS said:
    I understand this looks to be quite a daunting challenge, and it is. A few gentle reminders for everyone, though:

- Solo targets are balanced at a lower difficulty than Co-Op targets. Your task is not to face a level 95 Co-Op target by yourself. While boss targets will be extremely difficult (they are boss targets, after all), they are balanced for one player to tackle.

- Yes, the latest Xeno ships with the latest Xeno tech equipped will be the most efficient means to destroy a target. As was mentioned at the start of this season, the highest level tech from the monthly events and various sector activities are subsequently going to be the best to use for the highest level Alien targets. They are not the only means to destroy a target, just the most efficient.

- This event lasts for 4 days. A single boss target fight at the highest level will earn you enough points to unlock almost any prize in the store, and those are far from the only targets on the map. So don't go into this feeling like you have to completely clean out the store in a day, you have time and you have options. Plan your strategies accordingly. 

I would like to officially challenge anyone in the Kixeye office to design a fleet made up of non-Xeno ships that is capable of destroying the level 90 harvesters in their current state. We all know that if you have coined a fleet of Punishers they are relatively easy, but for those of us who don't spend hundreds a month on your game, we need to be able to use our T5 content as well. And better yet, if what CS CHRIS has said is true, and "They (T6 content) are not the only means to destroy a target, just the most efficient.", this should not be a problem. 

Any combination of non Xeno ships, using FB13, and any infernal weapons that you want/can fit. I'd love to see it. 
    Allow me to take this opportunity to clarify, as my statement seems to keep getting misconstrued.

You don't have to use only the very latest Xeno tech to defeat an enemy. By very latest, I mean from the most recent event or activity. I did not mean, nor say, that you don't have to use any T6 tech. A combination of T6 and T5 content is working for players, Punisher Cruisers are working for players. 
    Here let me give you an example:

Here's a fleet of a Mk 5 Dominion, two Mk 1 Punishers, and three Mk 5 Covenants, at level 65. It was able to get a level 90 harvester down to 34% before it died, giving me a total of just around 18 hours of repair, for nothing but intel as a reward:

Do you get the concept, or do you need it to be spelled out to you more clearly?

Your statement of "You don't have to use only the very latest Xeno tech to defeat an enemy" is, in the most literal sense, blatantly false. Only those who have spent large sums of money on this game are able to participate in this event at the highest level.  I challenge you to prove me wrong. 
    You arent wrong about the need for T6 for the barrage harvesters. I must ask though. Considering that even Kix has been upfront about how speed is pretty much required to not take massive damage on the barrage hives or barrage harvesters from those long range missiles, why do you try to take a 90 barrage harvester down with a slow dominion? I could understand the logic if it was just providing the agility field out of range of the missiles but you are showing it dead? Those missiles do explosive damage so punishers are no use to you unless they have 50% explosive resists.

That said, i would not attempt any barrage content without at least 3 T6 ships, heavily upgraded with resists, to take the damage. i use 6 upgraded T6 ships and i still take 5 hours repair worth of damage from 90s or 100 coins about. If i used only Decimators fully upgraded it would be lower repair than that but never within resonable margins.

This encounter CAN thus be done with a mix of T6 and T5, but you will take so massive damage that its never worth it in the end. Maybe Kix gave us a political answer where they arent incorrect in what they claim but are well aware that the claim isnt close to resonable in reality. They never claimed it would be resonable and we all know why they cant make such a claim.
  • starfleet141
    starfleet141
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 113
    alien damage just too crazy, we literally need a nerf of it....so all our fleet dont die too fast.
    No automatic alt text available.
  • GALACTUSX
    GALACTUSX
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 592
    edited 25 Mar 2017, 1:51PM
    CS CHRIS said:

I personally challenge you to show the community, in a video, showing the configuration of the fleet, choosing the strategy you want, using any ship you want (EXCEPT SHIPS AND ARMS ALIEN), using any level of MK, To defeat completely a fleet lvl 93+ barrage harvester and take no less than 12 hours of repair ...

Only when the community sees evidence of it, I personally believe what you are saying, until then, I hope you do not say those things again, because it is totally false.

And if in the case that is demonstrated, show a fleet completely composed of alien ships and alien armament (showing the exact configuration of each ship, not with simple images, with a video in action), and demonstrate that the total repair of the Fleet is less than 10 hours of repair.

Until this is demonstrated by a "top executive" of kixeye, everything that can be answered to the players, is nothing but lies and scam.

Now it is in your hands, to prove the players that the game is free-to-play, if it is not proved, I will make sure that everyone knows that this game, in its current line, is Pay-To-Play, is not a Threat or a play on words. it is a fact.

* I have forgotten to say this: any ship "ALIEN" used for any "demonstration" has to be Mk lvl1, as currently, the only way to climb MK is by paying **** deals.
  • EveryNothing
    EveryNothing
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 12
    When MK5 came out everything just [email protected] changed.We need too much time.MK is a really ****.And alien too.
  • EveryNothing
    EveryNothing
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 12

Will your conscience make you hurt?
  • Coelus
    Coelus
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 1,222
    edited 25 Mar 2017, 3:13PM

11 hours of repair on a lvl70 harvester, for 73k points. Ridiculous.

I just hit another, thats a full day of repair now for 140k points, roughly 10 minutes online. What happened to this game :(

• Coelus
    Coelus
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 1,222
    My alliance usually has at least 10-15+ online for these events, we have had 3-4 max, including me. Sector is empty too. Its literally just untouched (and untouchable) aliens flying to their wormholes.

You "balance" your events for the handful of coin addicts who can breeze through the highest level fleets on auto, which means the rest of us have zero chance of getting anything worth while, even when we spend hours grinding away at it.

What would you honestly do with one weapon credit? or a BP for a special that cant be used with anything unless you can kill 6 or more of the highest level fleets (which again, you cant do unless you purchased a full fleet of fully mk best tech xeno hulls, and have FB13 to fly them out of)
  • Mayhem2525
    Mayhem2525
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2016 Posts: 54
    CS CHRIS said:

I personally challenge you to show the community, in a video, showing the configuration of the fleet, choosing the strategy you want, using any ship you want (EXCEPT SHIPS AND ARMS ALIEN), using any level of MK, To defeat completely a fleet lvl 93+ barrage harvester and take no less than 12 hours of repair ...

Only when the community sees evidence of it, I personally believe what you are saying, until then, I hope you do not say those things again, because it is totally false.

And if in the case that is demonstrated, show a fleet completely composed of alien ships and alien armament (showing the exact configuration of each ship, not with simple images, with a video in action), and demonstrate that the total repair of the Fleet is less than 10 hours of repair.

Until this is demonstrated by a "top executive" of kixeye, everything that can be answered to the players, is nothing but lies and scam.

Now it is in your hands, to prove the players that the game is free-to-play, if it is not proved, I will make sure that everyone knows that this game, in its current line, is Pay-To-Play, is not a Threat or a play on words. it is a fact.

* I have forgotten to say this: any ship "ALIEN" used for any "demonstration" has to be Mk lvl1, as currently, the only way to climb MK is by paying **** deals.
    Fantastic, amazing and overall exceptional idea. Show us.

I have a feeling they'll take their response from "Goodfellas."

"**** you, pay me."
  • RustyRobot
    RustyRobot
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 1,206

@Aletheides said:
    RustyRobot said:

CS CHRIS said:

RustyRobot said:

CS CHRIS said:

• Solo targets are balanced at a lower difficulty than Co-Op targets. Your task is not to face a level 95 Co-Op target by yourself. While boss targets will be extremely difficult (they are boss targets, after all), they are balanced for one player to tackle.

• Yes, the latest Xeno ships with the latest Xeno tech equipped will be the most efficient means to destroy a target. As was mentioned at the start of this season, the highest level tech from the monthly events and various sector activities are subsequently going to be the best to use for the highest level Alien targets. They are not the only means to destroy a target, just the most efficient.

• This event lasts for 4 days. A single boss target fight at the highest level will earn you enough points to unlock almost any prize in the store, and those are far from the only targets on the map. So don't go into this feeling like you have to completely clean out the store in a day, you have time and you have options. Plan your strategies accordingly. 

Here let me give you an example:

Here's a fleet of a Mk 5 Dominion, two Mk 1 Punishers, and three Mk 5 Covenants, at level 65. It was able to get a level 90 harvester down to 34% before it died, giving me a total of just around 18 hours of repair, for nothing but intel as a reward:

Do you get the concept, or do you need it to be spelled out to you more clearly?

Your statement of "You don't have to use only the very latest Xeno tech to defeat an enemy" is, in the most literal sense, blatantly false. Only those who have spent large sums of money on this game are able to participate in this event at the highest level.  I challenge you to prove me wrong. 

You arent wrong about the need for T6 for the barrage harvesters. I must ask though. Considering that even Kix has been upfront about how speed is pretty much required to not take massive damage on the barrage hives or barrage harvesters from those long range missiles, why do you try to take a 90 barrage harvester down with a slow dominion? I could understand the logic if it was just providing the agility field out of range of the missiles but you are showing it dead? Those missiles do explosive damage so punishers are no use to you unless they have 50% explosive resists.

That said, i would not attempt any barrage content without at least 3 T6 ships, heavily upgraded with resists, to take the damage. i use 6 upgraded T6 ships and i still take 5 hours repair worth of damage from 90s or 100 coins about. If i used only Decimators fully upgraded it would be lower repair than that but never within resonable margins.

This encounter CAN thus be done with a mix of T6 and T5, but you will take so massive damage that its never worth it in the end. Maybe Kix gave us a political answer where they arent incorrect in what they claim but are well aware that the claim isnt close to resonable in reality. They never claimed it would be resonable and we all know why they cant make such a claim.

Very valid question. I used the Dominion to attempt to get it close enough to the harvester with the rest of the fleet so that it could get a single round of my high DPS squadrons off on the harvester. Alas, it died before getting in range, rendering it repetivly useless. I knew the risks, and yes, the hit could have been performed without losing the Dominion.

Also, I made another post a couple days ago in which I used the same fleet but in the place of the Dominion I had a Mk 1 Covenant, and it still lost. In an attempt to try something new this time around, I subbed the Cov out for the Dom, it's support field, and the apperently unrealistic hope that it would actually do some damage before exploding along with the rest of my fleet.

Level: 66
    Hours: 2,610
    Hand Crafted Mk. E Ships: 2
This discussion has been closed.