March Alien Decimation Briefing

  • campbellr66
    campbellr66
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 139

    When the fun stops .... STOP!

    We are paying for entertainment ... does this entertain?

  • dragonbarb
    dragonbarb
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 40
    IF SOMEONE HAS CONTACTS IN KIXEYE PLEASE USE THEM TO GET THE MSG TO WHOVER IS IN CHARGE OF THIS **** TO SUCK MY **** **** RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW CUS THATS HOW MUCH U ARE GONE BE PAYING IN ORDER TO PLAY VEGA, MABY EVEN MORE. IF U HAVE TO PAY 200 EURO TO BE ABLE TO HAVE 5 MINETS OF JOY I THINK UR BETHER OFF BUYING A ****. KIXEYE IF I PAY U 200 EURO ARE U GONE SUCK MY ****?
  • dom.friant
    dom.friant
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 1,995
    Well, I will say I was very surprised to see the sudden appearance of the co-op hives while playing last night. Unfortunately I had already demolished my one fleet that did decently against co-op harvesters in an attempted at a solo one. I am thankful for the repair discount, that will sure help in getting that fleet back, so perhaps I can do a few co-op harvesters over the event. A gold box with all swarms was unexpected as well.

    Also glad to see the co-op hives were put back for those that requested them..

    I am still really missing the suspicious cargo ship!!!! Can we get that back too?  ;)



    The first two Decimation events were awesome, probably my favorite since Zero Hour (really enjoyed that one). But a big reason was because it was a mix of alien and non-alien fleets and the switch up kept things interesting. Now it's just aliens and hardly any different from mobilization. :(
    Yeah I keep saying this and will continue too.

    Though at least this time we've gotten what a lot of players have asked for... tons of harvesters spawning. More than my sector can hit really.

    This event may be bad, but it is a bit encouraging they did hear some of our um, concerns, and made some changes. 
    I've said it before, but I still think the inherent problem we are facing in the current alien events is this month's Xeno ship was a cutter, and cutters are brawling ships that will always take damage. The new alien fleets are designed around that ship class...  :/
    Because I like the Condor!
    http://i.imgur.com/80deZPv.png
  • STORM_BREAKER
    STORM_BREAKER
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 1,920

    @dom.friant said:
    Well, I will say I was very surprised to see the sudden appearance of the co-op hives while playing last night. Unfortunately I had already demolished my one fleet that did decently against co-op harvesters in an attempted at a solo one. I am thankful for the repair discount, that will sure help in getting that fleet back, so perhaps I can do a few co-op harvesters over the event. A gold box with all swarms was unexpected as well.

    Also glad to see the co-op hives were put back for those that requested them..

    I am still really missing the suspicious cargo ship!!!! Can we get that back too?  ;)

    The first two Decimation events were awesome, probably my favorite since Zero Hour (really enjoyed that one). But a big reason was because it was a mix of alien and non-alien fleets and the switch up kept things interesting. Now it's just aliens and hardly any different from mobilization. :(
    Yeah I keep saying this and will continue too.

    Though at least this time we've gotten what a lot of players have asked for... tons of harvesters spawning. More than my sector can hit really.

    This event may be bad, but it is a bit encouraging they did hear some of our um, concerns, and made some changes. 
    I've said it before, but I still think the inherent problem we are facing in the current alien events is this month's Xeno ship was a cutter, and cutters are brawling ships that will always take damage. The new alien fleets are designed around that ship class...  :/

    Cargo?! What do you have mk6 punisher s for? :p

  • WILDPACO
    WILDPACO
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 59
    edited 24 Mar 2017, 2:09PM
    I am Lee said:
    WILDPACO said:
    Add Punisher crafting materials to Co-Op Haversters pls.
    Punisher parts were in a 93, had little chance of getting many, can get more swarm, ranger, gladiator swarms (need no more!!).

    Exactly, in a 93. I'd like to have just a little chance to upgrade my Punishers to Mk3. Decimator materials are already dropping from Barrage Hives. I think that Mk3 Punisher materials should be dropping from a 90 harverster,,,,
  • Noob-Noob316
    Noob-Noob316
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 290

    So why are the lvl 70 - 78 reapers not dropping anything but the "op" lvl 70 harvesters are?

  • Andrea Nard1
    Andrea Nard1
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 2,654
    I fond it funny, how I got 5 trolling flags just to highlight that a 1000 words post was without even one period... just one never ending sentence
    Do you think that a Kix employee or a CM will read that post? and even if they read it they will take in consideration what is stated there?
    I said earlier that you should learn how to communicate... ****, ****, fu, piss off, etc does not lead anywhere, long posts are just skipped, if you want to convey a message write it politely and short. Insults or similar will just make your post meaningless.
    If you need to vent your frustration use other means, venting it here is just counterproductive... 

    image
  • Lock3down
    Lock3down
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 34
    lol people are barely hitting the barrage fleets.. I think you guys should just scrap the barrage aliens.. It was barely hit last event and it's the same situation now.. If you continue this and shut out the reapers and older hives then people won't be playing your alien events..
  • Kharnet
    Kharnet
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 12
    It is worse than expected. The statement of CS Chris and Dreadmango you would guess that it will be easier from event to event the more xeno tech we got. But the truth is that is gets harder from event to event even in the same month. In the past you spend your time in events to get tech and spend your money if you want to be a big fish and competitive in PvP. Actual you have to spend a lot of money just to be competitive in PvE.
    Get the tech today and coin it immediately, because you'll need it in the next event tomorrow to get the next indispensable tech... - This is insane and no fun!
  • John Jones22
    John Jones22
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 3,291

    Yes it just gets harder and harder. Mk1 xeno ships are getting crushed. Only people with high craft xeno ships are able to do the high end fleets and even they are taking a ton of damage.

  • Ubertrainer
    Ubertrainer
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 721

    It's all just lies. You can't believe anything they say. My whole alliance for the first time is really downhearted, a line is crossed I feel. It's not about points from fleets or a delayed civil war; Just sticking plasters. The whole alien thing is dumb and broken, the wall to wall events is idiotic. Not to mention the other hundred things you've never addressed. If anyone there plans a road map they need a guide dog.

  • Roinuj Suil
    Roinuj Suil
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 685

    @Mr TopGear said:
    CS CHRIS said:

    • Yes, the latest Xeno ships with the latest Xeno tech equipped will be the most efficient means to destroy a target. As was mentioned at the start of this season, the highest level tech from the monthly events and various sector activities are subsequently going to be the best to use for the highest level Alien targets. They are not the only means to destroy a target, just the most efficient.

      Since this is a statement from kixeye staff. Has anyone managed to kill a 90+ barrage harvester with no Xeno ships. I am not sure if it is even possible. It would seem the only means as mentioned in this statement to be the only way to kill them is with xeno tech. This also goes back to the previous statement that Demon Corp tech will still be relevant and Xeno tech will make things easier. This is simply not the case. 

    I tested with DC and isc and couldn't kill any 90+ with them at all.

  • Eidola
    Eidola
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 353

    @Kharnet said:
    It is worse than expected. The statement of CS Chris and Dreadmango you would guess that it will be easier from event to event the more xeno tech we got. But the truth is that is gets harder from event to event even in the same month. In the past you spend your time in events to get tech and spend your money if you want to be a big fish and competitive in PvP. Actual you have to spend a lot of money just to be competitive in PvE.
    Get the tech today and coin it immediately, because you'll need it in the next event tomorrow to get the next indispensable tech... - This is insane and no fun!

    This is exactly my issues with this event season. The more xeno tech that you have the easier each event in this season should be. However this isn't the case, their is no progression as you acquire the new tech only progressive difficulty from one event to the next.

  • CM Chris
    CM Chris
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 3,737
    CS CHRIS said:
    I understand this looks to be quite a daunting challenge, and it is. A few gentle reminders for everyone, though:

    - Solo targets are balanced at a lower difficulty than Co-Op targets. Your task is not to face a level 95 Co-Op target by yourself. While boss targets will be extremely difficult (they are boss targets, after all), they are balanced for one player to tackle.

    - Yes, the latest Xeno ships with the latest Xeno tech equipped will be the most efficient means to destroy a target. As was mentioned at the start of this season, the highest level tech from the monthly events and various sector activities are subsequently going to be the best to use for the highest level Alien targets. They are not the only means to destroy a target, just the most efficient.

    - This event lasts for 4 days. A single boss target fight at the highest level will earn you enough points to unlock almost any prize in the store, and those are far from the only targets on the map. So don't go into this feeling like you have to completely clean out the store in a day, you have time and you have options. Plan your strategies accordingly. 

    I would like to officially challenge anyone in the Kixeye office to design a fleet made up of non-Xeno ships that is capable of destroying the level 90 harvesters in their current state. We all know that if you have coined a fleet of Punishers they are relatively easy, but for those of us who don't spend hundreds a month on your game, we need to be able to use our T5 content as well. And better yet, if what CS CHRIS has said is true, and "They (T6 content) are not the only means to destroy a target, just the most efficient.", this should not be a problem. 

    Any combination of non Xeno ships, using FB13, and any infernal weapons that you want/can fit. I'd love to see it. 
    Allow me to take this opportunity to clarify, as my statement seems to keep getting misconstrued.

    You don't have to use only the very latest Xeno tech to defeat an enemy. By very latest, I mean from the most recent event or activity. I did not mean, nor say, that you don't have to use any T6 tech. A combination of T6 and T5 content is working for players, Punisher Cruisers are working for players. 
    KIXEYE Director of Marketing
    Community Rules: CLICK HERE
    Submit a Support Ticket: CLICK HERE
  • Andrea Nard1
    Andrea Nard1
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 2,654
    CS CHRIS said:
    I understand this looks to be quite a daunting challenge, and it is. A few gentle reminders for everyone, though:

    - Solo targets are balanced at a lower difficulty than Co-Op targets. Your task is not to face a level 95 Co-Op target by yourself. While boss targets will be extremely difficult (they are boss targets, after all), they are balanced for one player to tackle.

    - Yes, the latest Xeno ships with the latest Xeno tech equipped will be the most efficient means to destroy a target. As was mentioned at the start of this season, the highest level tech from the monthly events and various sector activities are subsequently going to be the best to use for the highest level Alien targets. They are not the only means to destroy a target, just the most efficient.

    - This event lasts for 4 days. A single boss target fight at the highest level will earn you enough points to unlock almost any prize in the store, and those are far from the only targets on the map. So don't go into this feeling like you have to completely clean out the store in a day, you have time and you have options. Plan your strategies accordingly. 

    I would like to officially challenge anyone in the Kixeye office to design a fleet made up of non-Xeno ships that is capable of destroying the level 90 harvesters in their current state. We all know that if you have coined a fleet of Punishers they are relatively easy, but for those of us who don't spend hundreds a month on your game, we need to be able to use our T5 content as well. And better yet, if what CS CHRIS has said is true, and "They (T6 content) are not the only means to destroy a target, just the most efficient.", this should not be a problem. 

    Any combination of non Xeno ships, using FB13, and any infernal weapons that you want/can fit. I'd love to see it. 
    You win!
    So what?
    image
  • dragonbarb
    dragonbarb
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 40

    10k instead of 5k? Suck my **** give us 50k u ****

  • ipevac
    ipevac
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 250
    CS CHRIS said:
    CS CHRIS said:
    I understand this looks to be quite a daunting challenge, and it is. A few gentle reminders for everyone, though:

    - Solo targets are balanced at a lower difficulty than Co-Op targets. Your task is not to face a level 95 Co-Op target by yourself. While boss targets will be extremely difficult (they are boss targets, after all), they are balanced for one player to tackle.

    - Yes, the latest Xeno ships with the latest Xeno tech equipped will be the most efficient means to destroy a target. As was mentioned at the start of this season, the highest level tech from the monthly events and various sector activities are subsequently going to be the best to use for the highest level Alien targets. They are not the only means to destroy a target, just the most efficient.

    - This event lasts for 4 days. A single boss target fight at the highest level will earn you enough points to unlock almost any prize in the store, and those are far from the only targets on the map. So don't go into this feeling like you have to completely clean out the store in a day, you have time and you have options. Plan your strategies accordingly. 

    I would like to officially challenge anyone in the Kixeye office to design a fleet made up of non-Xeno ships that is capable of destroying the level 90 harvesters in their current state. We all know that if you have coined a fleet of Punishers they are relatively easy, but for those of us who don't spend hundreds a month on your game, we need to be able to use our T5 content as well. And better yet, if what CS CHRIS has said is true, and "They (T6 content) are not the only means to destroy a target, just the most efficient.", this should not be a problem. 

    Any combination of non Xeno ships, using FB13, and any infernal weapons that you want/can fit. I'd love to see it. 
    Allow me to take this opportunity to clarify, as my statement seems to keep getting misconstrued.

    You don't have to use only the very latest Xeno tech to defeat an enemy. By very latest, I mean from the most recent event or activity. I did not mean, nor say, that you don't have to use any T6 tech. A combination of T6 and T5 content is working for players, Punisher Cruisers are working for players. 
    @CS CHRIS  I also disagree with this statement.  I have a combination of T6 and T5 and it is not working for me.  I have not had time to equip EXAL armor since it was just released as I am still building 5th punisher and  equiping the xeno weapons.  The damage on these fleets (90+) is through the roof.  The latest tech is absolutely needed.  I even have one punisher marked up to 3 and another to 2.  I even have resistors on the marked up ones (explosive/energy).  

    You are right that punisher cruisers are working for players.  The ones I see working for players are highly marked up and the latest armor and weapons and resistors equipped.  And even those take significant damage to accomplish the task.

    I would love to see a non marked up fleet of punishers with non xeno wepaons and normal talonite armor working for players.  Please let us know when this is the case.
  • MechDog2395
    MechDog2395
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2016 Posts: 509
    edited 24 Mar 2017, 7:02PM

    Edited post.

    I just saw the update about doubling the points payout for the hives. That is a step in the right direction and I am glad that someone at Kixeye is paying attention and trying to do something.

    I think the Reaper payouts should be more as well  - not necessarily double - put more.

  • annubis547
    annubis547
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2015 Posts: 166

    Remove the stasis field from the harvester would be a move in the right direction

  • joseph stone0
    joseph stone0
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 94
    I fond it funny, how I got 5 trolling flags just to highlight that a 1000 words post was without even one period... just one never ending sentence
    Do you think that a Kix employee or a CM will read that post? and even if they read it they will take in consideration what is stated there?
    I said earlier that you should learn how to communicate... ****, ****, fu, piss off, etc does not lead anywhere, long posts are just skipped, if you want to convey a message write it politely and short. Insults or similar will just make your post meaningless.
    If you need to vent your frustration use other means, venting it here is just counterproductive... 

    85% of your replies to people consist of asking them if they are stupid or something to that effect. You should practice what you are preaching friend.
  • John Jones22
    John Jones22
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 3,291

    Wow CS Chris now you admit anything less than xeno is ****. Kix clearly defrauded everyone who bought dc craft as a couple months later it is all worthless. Why the hell would anyone buy anything from kix again!?!

  • Sonidojoo
    Sonidojoo
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2016 Posts: 2,713
    but they still buy again and again, thats why kix doing it
  • Andrea Nard1
    Andrea Nard1
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 2,654
    I fond it funny, how I got 5 trolling flags just to highlight that a 1000 words post was without even one period... just one never ending sentence
    Do you think that a Kix employee or a CM will read that post? and even if they read it they will take in consideration what is stated there?
    I said earlier that you should learn how to communicate... ****, ****, fu, piss off, etc does not lead anywhere, long posts are just skipped, if you want to convey a message write it politely and short. Insults or similar will just make your post meaningless.
    If you need to vent your frustration use other means, venting it here is just counterproductive... 

    85% of your replies to people consist of asking them if they are stupid or something to that effect. You should practice what you are preaching friend.
    I might be wrong, but your comment does not add anything .... so yeah according to your estimate, you belong to that 85%
    image
  • War_Panda
    War_Panda
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 245
    I hit 6 different lvl 93 harvesters and got 6 punisher boxes... not a single T6 core nor a single punisher pattern. instead I get a few parts, armaments and then Mineral Ore and Anti???? Why the hell is mineral ore in a punisher box? Guess it's more like Kix is "punishing" us for attempting a Barrage Harvester. Will not be wasting my efforts on another i assure you.
This discussion has been closed.