SHIP FACTORY - BUILDs & REFITs --YES or NOT ?

• Mezotis
    Mezotis
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2016 Posts: 166
    I know somebody else said this and i going to say it again.  Putting in a refit bay would actually help kix.  If they put it in, that is a another way for the players to spend coins.  i would rather coin a build and then coin the refit, then coin the build with everything on it.  SO this refit bay could be another source of revenue.
    BLOOD RAVEN SPACE MARINES!!!!!!!!
    Image result for blood ravens
  • Coelus
    Coelus
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 1,222

The new pvp gating makes lower tier fleets sort of viable again, but you cant refit or build them because the new event point payouts mean we absolutely need to be building the newest hulls to even stand a chance of keeping up w Kix event pace. Sometimes I cant even get everything repaired between events theyre so frequent.

Id LOVE to build some huricanes, or fit some of the pre-built hulls ive won over the past few months. I even have some revs sitting blank from the new player code thing ages ago.. but alas, time cannot be spared for fun stuff.

• cephues
    cephues
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 13
    Coelus said:

The new pvp gating makes lower tier fleets sort of viable again, but you cant refit or build them because the new event point payouts mean we absolutely need to be building the newest hulls to even stand a chance of keeping up w Kix event pace. Sometimes I cant even get everything repaired between events theyre so frequent.

Id LOVE to build some huricanes, or fit some of the pre-built hulls ive won over the past few months. I even have some revs sitting blank from the new player code thing ages ago.. but alas, time cannot be spared for fun stuff.

so what your opinion ? yes we need or not ?

• mismo
    mismo
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 8
    Yes!!! We need and it will def make people coin more - I know I will coin more!!!
    Mismo

• David Calhoun47
    David Calhoun47
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2017 Posts: 1
    Vote Yes we need it. So will my entire coallition
  • Ard
    Ard
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 314

so much complaints. there is absolutely no need to refit or build so much. didnt build or refit anything for past 15. upgrade from lvl viii to x directly

• Cyrus Leung
    Cyrus Leung
    VC Mod
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 3,668

@xRegis said:
    Can I say I love your graphic?

Anyhow lets access the Goods and Bads + The Worst about the Ship Builds & Refits.

The GOOD:

• Half Time - Less Time is needed for 2 Builds, whether it takes days or hours. That time is cut in half what it would take.

• Build One, Refit the Other - Always needed to build a ship or something take takes forever? Well that and you now have a spare to refit sparely or even just coin because you only needed to refit a short amount of time.

• Its Logical - Your whole stupid Ship Factory can only work on one **** ship? Must be full of "hardworking" engineers and mechanics there. This effectively makes your factory effective by... lets see... one.

The BAD:

• Less Coining? - That's exactly what Kixeye would suggest. But in fact more coining be involved because of another bay being used for just quick refits while the other builds hull or attaches an Inferno Weapon.
    • Build Times - Another problem for Kixeye would be whether and how much times change. In Clash of the Clans, all troops were reduced to a small faction of about 5 minutes or less, but of course in VEGA ships are not expendable to be rebuild like troops on Coc. That's why we have repair times because other random factors are also in place that we have no idea how to calculate most of the time inside this game. Scavenge hunt.

The WORST:

• No Real Answer - The worst part of this is that it benefits Coiners so much more which in turn helps Kixeye and they model themselves to the coiners anyways. They give us no real answers and solutions on this and constantly refuse to deal with anything that will help the slightly with people who don't really coin. So the real question like it always is should be, "Why do you believe it "truly" shouldn't be implemented?".

Now that is a well-written response. Keep it up! ;)

• Coelus
    Coelus
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 1,222

@cephues said:
    Coelus said:

so what your opinion ? yes we need or not ?

Yes, for sure. Ive always thought build/repair times should decrease as factory/fleet bay level increases too, but one thing at a time :p

• wineutopia
    wineutopia
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2016 Posts: 70
    edited 7 Mar 2017, 3:14PM

And ffs STOP THE REFIT BAY POST SPAM. Making a THOUSAND POSTS ON SAME TOPIC IS USELESS. YOH DONT NEED SOOOOO MANY FKING POSTS TO MAKE KIX REALISE WE NEED A REFIT OPTION/BAY...

Honestly FFS STOP WITH THE REFIT BAY POSTS!!!  This is nothing new - Kixeye knows everyone that plays one of their games wants some sort of a refit bay.  Even on on their other game forums, people are asking for this.  THEY KNOW!
  • BatteryChucker
    BatteryChucker
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 522
    Why not change the current ship bay so that ships are only built naked and the refit bay is only for refitting all ships?  This way it's at least justified.
  • FusionInferno1
    FusionInferno1
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 8,729

@BatteryChucker said:
    Why not change the current ship bay so that ships are only built naked and the refit bay is only for refitting all ships?  This way it's at least justified.

It doesnt even need to be changed to do this

just existing at this point

• BatteryChucker
    BatteryChucker
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 522

@BatteryChucker said:

Well I figured that the biggest drawback that people have mentioned is that Kix makes money from people coining their ships being built (and yes, there are a lot of players who don't build ships naked) and that's why a refit bay wouldn't work.  In this instance, there would be a unified method of building and refitting, which Kix would be able to profit from as well as players being able to catch up at the same time.
  • David Johnston48
    David Johnston48
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 97
    When I coin i think twice before spending a lot of coins one one item but that is not where most of my coins go. It is the small coin items. I think this is only 50 or so coins i can afford that then another then another and before i know it thousands of coins are gone. With a refit bay are we going to wait while we have 50 plus items to fit. Not when it only takes a few coins each time to fit it.  Remember kixeye not all of us can spend hundreds each month but most can afford £10 and 
    PLAYERS ONLINE
     paying that is £593,060 you are missing out on. 
  • FusionInferno1
    FusionInferno1
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 8,729

@BatteryChucker said:
    Nightmare Deathlock said:

@BatteryChucker said:

Well I figured that the biggest drawback that people have mentioned is that Kix makes money from people coining their ships being built (and yes, there are a lot of players who don't build ships naked) and that's why a refit bay wouldn't work.  In this instance, there would be a unified method of building and refitting, which Kix would be able to profit from as well as players being able to catch up at the same time.

Coiners will still coin the builds if they want to and they most likely will... refit bay will serve its purpose as refit only still plus theyll probably coin the hell out of refits anyway while a ahip builds, there is no profit loss. This is mainly to help non coiners keep up a bit cause building a ship then having to refit it while another ship is building is pretty **** annoying without another bay.

just existing at this point

• David Johnston48
    David Johnston48
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 97
    voted yes

• Dextre
    Dextre
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 1
    Yes we need!!
  • mason.dixen
    mason.dixen
    Master Tactician
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 2,156
    pitabread said:
    You do realize that if they gave us a refit bay, they would just increase build and refit times so that there's no net gain.
    You speak from a zero mind set as everything you have starts at zero.  We are speaking from a mindset where we must have the tech rewards in the event we are playing in just to complete the event with months of backlogged refitts that will never get down as we simply just build the latest and greatest version of the fleet using new ships. 

So to say double the build and refit times.  Well that is were we are at now considering the Xeno Punisher has yet to release all of the content.  So I might actually benefit even with the times increased.   
    "Forged in the flames of the original 8k wars"
    "Participant in the Jova Crusades; the winning side"
    "I hate cargo fleets.  What else do you want me to say"
    "I attacked you because you stole my piece of cheesecake with cherry toppings."
    "The government has ordered me to harvest this farm.  Please be patient as your base is harvested."
    IGN: MasonD
    ~Condolences to all who share a similar name - there can only be one.
  • RedBaron042
    RedBaron042
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 1,062

Semi-necro bumping refit bay threads? Well this is a new low.

We all want it, kixeye won't add the feature, end of story kids, have a muffin.

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc121/RedBaron0/newderpl_zps7srhkzjr.png
  • Sheep Geminis
    Sheep Geminis
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2016 Posts: 388
    We need a refit bay separately AND lower repair /build times.

Well, we need many things that I would love to see in-game. But I bet It won't happen.
    ┋ ID: 20710497. ┋ Lords of War Officer. ┋ Base level:  65. ┋ VIP Rank: 0. ┋
  • zparadis
    zparadis
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2017 Posts: 801
    pitabread said:
    You do realize that if they gave us a refit bay, they would just increase build and refit times so that there's no net gain.
    No matter how they spin it, there will always be a gain, unless of course they increased build and refit times by an insane amount
  • BlackBeardj11
    BlackBeardj11
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 8
    Junren-JS said:
    I love that graphic.  Also, I'd be down for a refit bay, even with the disparities it might imply between certain ranks of players. 
    Agree !
  • BlackBeardj11
    BlackBeardj11
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 8
    I got around half a year worth of refits scheduled while new content that gets pushed out way too fast forces me to do that instead. New Gating Rules allow so much new fun in certain levels. If only somehow you could refit while building a ship...
    Exactly !
  • spokez
    spokez
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 3

Yes! Build and refit at the same time.

• Skyler McKinley
    Skyler McKinley
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 131

@Nightmare Deathlock said:

@Stefan Mielnik6 said:

@pitabread said:

That's not logical. One does not precede the other. If build times increase after a refit bay, then it will have been done purely out of spite or greed.

A refit bay is the answer to the problem of greed in their perverse fitting times of new content. Where one item is a day of fitting.

You want kixeyes usual answer? clears throat "adding a refit bay would unbalance the game without increase to refit AND build times."
    A refit bay is definitely needed... and it can affect build times in a sense where you simply build a blank hull then refit it while building another blank reducing build times quite a bit (amazing for us and very wanted... bad for them because they are greedy bastards.) I would love a refit bay... but kix aint gonna give it :/

I dont see how it reduces much of anything. Theres still a standard build time for everything. Just because you build a blank and refit later, just spreads the time out. If i build a blank Punisher, thats 5 days. Then if i refit it, that adds time in, which would equal the total time i would have spent if i just put it all on to begin with. The numbers just dont look as high.

• Jamie Rhymes
    Jamie Rhymes
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2016 Posts: 10

@ Nightmare Deathlock,
    Do you think it was a coincidence not long after the coin confirmation button was talked about being brought on line and the hint that something might be being done about a refit bay, the CM went on vacation in the void?

• UltimaOfUltor
    UltimaOfUltor
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 210

Funny how todd didnt show up to block this thread, lmfao.

• Todd7123
    Todd7123
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 5,109

@UltimaOfUltor said:
    Funny how todd didnt show up to block this thread, lmfao.

It's fine to have a thread on this it's been going on for years and will continue for the foreseeable future.

When there are multiples running on this I'll merge them.
    One on the front page at a time is enough.
    If it gets uncivil I'll close it.

I've stated my thoughts on this mutiple times
    I've offered alternatives that are available in game that if asked for would be far more likely to be happen.
    I've offered experienced advise on how to avoid as many refits as possible.
    I've been critical of repetition of the same old subject that has never changed and most likely never will.

For the record I'm not opposed to a refit bay as a concept. Go back three years I'm sure I made threads asking for one then.

But I'm done burning data on this subject. The odds of it happening are worse than the lottery. Same odds for the players to stop asking for it I guess.

I am a VC Forum Mod.

I don't work for KIXEYE. I'm a player just like you.

My  duties are to offer advice and keep the Forums Neat and Tidy.

Ask me and I will help if I can or point you in the right direction to one of the links below.

Helpful Links:  Site Rules / Report a Player / ToS / Ticket Status 
    Have a problem? KIXEYE Customer Service
    SEE YOU IN THE VOID REBELS!!!!!!!
  • Ace Boogie
    Ace Boogie
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 25

Yes we need to be able to refit and build ships at same time. Hopefully it's in todays update