This is NOT the forum for War Commander web. For that forum, go here: https://www.kixeye.com/forum/categories/war-commander

War Commander: Rogue Assault is a new mobile title from KIXEYE. Any topics created that are not about WC:RA will be moved to the appropriate forum.

Not connecting after latest patch

John Osborne
John Osborne
Greenhorn
Joined Feb 2017 Posts: 23
Installed the update......Now getting "Poor connection. Please check your internet connection and try again". 
Not an issue with my connection as am using wireless on a 100meg line.
Uninstalled app and re-installed to see whether that would fix it.......Still getting poor connection issue.

checked and verified my connection both on upstream and down are good......over 20meg on both.

Kixeye....Please look into this, I can't be the only one out there experiencing this issue

• John Osborne
    John Osborne
    Greenhorn
    UPDATE......downloaded previous version and installed. can connect with the earlier version!
  • Dai Combo
    Dai Combo
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2017 Posts: 51
    Now it forces you to update to the 2.12.1. I can't play at all right now...
  • yliron
    yliron
    Tribune
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 6

yea same here

• John Osborne
    John Osborne
    Greenhorn
    Same here...and it looks like kixeye are turning a blind eye on this issue
  • Bevatron
    Bevatron
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 7
    Same here!!
  • Bevatron
    Bevatron
    Greenhorn
    i am still not connecting...it has ruined my day.!!
  • Hanx
    Hanx
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 239
    edited 23 Feb 2017, 12:34PM
    My guess... Kixeye do not support emulators so have done this deliberately.
    My Nox player connects at 57Mb/s download and 18Mb/s upload speed. I would like to see mobile devices connect at this speed.
    Come on Kixeye... admit it and avoid losing face (and customers)  :D

[EDIT] Just checked my mobile connection speed and it is "only" 23Mb/s d/l and 11Mb/s u/l speed so there's proof for you LOL
    I just love the idea of keeping up with changes made. Brings a new dimension to the game. :)
  • John Osborne
    John Osborne
    Greenhorn
    I'm not using an emulator!
  • John Osborne
    John Osborne
    Greenhorn
    Many people are leaving poor feedback in google play store due to this...myself included...can't help your public image.
    Kixeye, please support your players and help!
  • Dai Combo
    Dai Combo
    Potential Threat

@Hanx said:
    My guess... Kixeye do not support emulators so have done this deliberately.
    My Nox player connects at 57Mb/s download and 18Mb/s upload speed. I would like to see mobile devices connect at this speed.
    Come on Kixeye... admit it and avoid losing face (and customers)  :D

[EDIT] Just checked my mobile connection speed and it is "only" 23Mb/s d/l and 11Mb/s u/l speed so there's proof for you LOL

They said they wouldn't block emulators. There is no point in them blocking emulators either. They don't have any advantages. If emulators do end up getting blocked, they will just lose money since they are blocking out potential customers that play on emulators.

• John Osborne
    John Osborne
    Greenhorn
    People in the forum have reported this for over 24hrs, comments in google play store too saying the same thing....Kixeye doesn't care...Had no response from anyone at kixeye! 
    Can't even submit a support ticket as I can't get in the game to get it and any email that goes directly to [email protected] comes back with a crap message about an unwatched mailbox.....POOR SHOW KIXEYE!
  • Dai Combo
    Dai Combo
    Potential Threat
    edited 23 Feb 2017, 5:09PM
    Chillout dude. They said on their FB that they will be pushing out a patch before noon. They have a little over 2 hours to do it since they're PDT based. If they don't do anything by then, THEN you can go ham on em'
  • John Osborne
    John Osborne
    Greenhorn
    Looked on facebook ....No posting about any patch
  • Dai Combo
    Dai Combo
    Potential Threat
    Looked on facebook ....No posting about any patch

Not sure if you're blind...
  • Dai Combo
    Dai Combo
    Potential Threat
    edited 23 Feb 2017, 5:25PM
    Game currently works on my S7 Edge, and my whole alliance is able to connect, which leads me to believe the new patch has a device whitelist. Every device not on the whitelist is blocked. Bad call. Really bad call. Some devices and emulators run the game flawlessly regardless of them being "officially supported" or not. Support goes both ways.
  • KIXEYE Swag
    KIXEYE Swag
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 3,665
    Please provide your user IDs and device you are playing on so I can investigate.  Thanks.
  • John Osborne
    John Osborne
    Greenhorn
    Hi Swag, Cannot supply user ID as cannot get into game, Device is a Teclast X10 running android 5.1. Intel atom processor with Intel HD graphics, 2Gb ram, 36Gb storage. Game worked fine through all previous updates but quit with the latest. This issue seems to be affecting many users across many different devices
  • KIXEYE Swag
    KIXEYE Swag
    Unicorn Overlord
    Hi Swag, Cannot supply user ID as cannot get into game, Device is a Teclast X10 running android 5.1. Intel atom processor with Intel HD graphics, 2Gb ram, 36Gb storage. Game worked fine through all previous updates but quit with the latest. This issue seems to be affecting many users across many different devices
    Fair enough, what's your in-game name?
  • John Osborne
    John Osborne
    Greenhorn
    IDGAFF
  • Dai Combo
    Dai Combo
    Potential Threat
    edited 23 Feb 2017, 7:45PM
    I'm running the game on KoPlayer. And before you say it's not "supported", well it was working fine (hell better than my S7 Edge which is top end currently) before 2.12.1. I also want to add it's not an exclusive case of emulators not being supported, but support is dual-sided. Just because Kixeye does not support said emulator, does not mean said emulator doesn't support or run the game perfectly fine.

The whole reason some devices are unsupported, usually older models, is because they run the game badly and crash due to running out of memory or other graphics restrictions; in other words they lack the performance. So I'm going to use the argument here that an emulator supersedes that of even the best phone on the market, so they should be added to the whitelist (if whitelist isn't conjecture).

So here's crossing my fingers that you are requesting user ids to check logs: 768547F236ECCE55

• Hanx
    Hanx
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 239
    IGN=Real Hanx
    Device Nox player on a Quad Core A10 CPU -32Gb RAM - Radeon R7 GPU 8Gb RAM
    Fibre Optic Ethernet connection with 57Mb/s download and 18Mb/s upload speeds.
    (I did check my internet connection as advised)
    maybe your server has a problem connecting, worth a try if  not (as the IT dept would say) turn it off and on again.  ;)
    I just love the idea of keeping up with changes made. Brings a new dimension to the game. :)
  • Dai Combo
    Dai Combo
    Potential Threat
    Hanx said:
    IGN=Real Hanx
    Device Nox player on a Quad Core A10 CPU -32Gb RAM - Radeon R7 GPU 8Gb RAM
    Fibre Optic Ethernet connection with 57Mb/s download and 18Mb/s upload speeds.
    (I did check my internet connection as advised)
    maybe your server has a problem connecting, worth a try if  not (as the IT dept would say) turn it off and on again.  ;)
    How do you even zoom in/zoom out with Nox? While Nox actually loads shaders and shadows, the controls and performance is subpar (crashing and improper zoom). I've tried like 10 different emulators and KoPlayer was the one that offered the most intuitive controls.

I remember on Nox you could simulate a touch and zoom in/out, however since the placed touch would be on a specific area only, the zooming would be at a weird angle. Meanwhile on KoPlayer it's hold down R.Click drag right to zoom out, frag left to zoom in. Very intuitive.

Oh but I digress.

In regards to Nox and my whole whitelist assumption, Google Play actually recognizes Nox as a supported "device", compared to KoPlayer where one would have to get an APK externally. So no idea wtf is going on with that regard.
  • Bevatron
    Bevatron
    Greenhorn
    My player name is Bevatron and i am using a macbook pro OS X 10.8.5, 2.5 GHz i5, memory 4 GB, bluestacks emulator and 10 mb/s ethernet connection. please investigate my account as well thanks.!!
  • Dai Combo
    Dai Combo
    Potential Threat
    RIP. Looks like everyone here is using unsupported devices and emulators. I bet they're just gonna release a statement saying our devices are unsupported.
  • KIXEYE Swag
    KIXEYE Swag
    Unicorn Overlord
    We are investigating this issue.  Are you guys only using one device to play the game or multiple devices to play the same account?
  • John Osborne
    John Osborne
    Greenhorn
    Just a single device, no emulators for me
  • KIXEYE Swag
    KIXEYE Swag
    Unicorn Overlord
    Okay next question, have you tried loading the game on your mobile data or only wi-fi?
  • Mr Khafra
    Mr Khafra
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2017 Posts: 9

I've tried on Wifi that's 60 down 5 up. I've tried on Cellular in a good area on Verizon 30 down and 30 up still no luck. I have the Pixel XL running Android 7.1.1. I haven't had one problem with anything until this update last night.

• Mr Khafra
    Mr Khafra
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2017 Posts: 9

My name on the game is Mr Khafra or khafra84. I forgot Wich one but can't get in to check

• John Osborne
    John Osborne
    Greenhorn
    my tablet only uses wifi. My internet speed is verified as 21.11 Mbps download and 6.44 Mps upload with a 7 ms ping time to my connection server. I haven't had any previous issues with lag or bad connection and sit about 3 feet from my router when playing. My connection is through a 100 meg line with only 2 of us using it at any one time. Me playing on my tablet while my partner surfs.

When I first suffered this yesterday I downloaded the previous version and continued playing until I was forced to update today. Clearing my cache, uninstalling and reinstalling hasn't fixed this. Loading screen is as normal, next is authenticating...connecting to server then the poor connection message pops up.

Have attached a screen capture of issue, hope it plays and helps

https://youtu.be/onN4R8rRjcg