Why Infernal Vector Sucks

ChandraArgentis
ChandraArgentis
Incursion Leader
Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 1,120
edited 28 Nov 2016, 7:58PM
This discussion assumes that you got Manifold.

Firstly, let's start with a side-by-side screenshot of the two weapons side-by-side.

Mass: Nearly identical, with Manifold having a slight edge on Vector
DPS: Manifold does 2-3x more than its listed DPS, so it's the clear winner hear.
Range: Manifold is also the clear winner with no minimum range.
Speed: Manifold, once again is the clear winner.
AoE: Vector wins out here, but this is the only place where it wins.
Spread: The Vector has none, but 20 degrees is fairly insignificant.
Fit time: It takes 2 days to fit a Vector and only a little over 5 hours for a Manifold.
Furthermore, the Infernal Vector can only be fit on Demon Corp ships.

Conclusion: The Infernal Vector is a useless weapon and I wish I hadn't gotten a single one.  Thus far, the only good weapon we've got out of the Aliens is the Repeating Polaron and maybe the Infernal Gatling (but Gatling's never been that good). @CM_Scarlett
VM.png 248.3K
  • Deathskiller
    Deathskiller
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 163
    **** True

LOOK AT MY PICTURE THATS HOW AWSOME I AM
  • Buzzy02
    Buzzy02
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 506

I have not heard of the infernal vector torp. Though I have heard of the inferior vector torp.
    :wink:

I'm bored
  • Mr TopGear
    Mr TopGear
    Master Tactician
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 2,066
    only way to know for sure is to test them against each other
    The problem with this game is the power curves. Just look at the graphs I made. Said no vega conflict player ever

• LordErebus
    LordErebus
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 259
    there is also another reason it sucks, the range difference between it and its counter parts. Infernal gatling is 96.9% the range of normal gatling, Infernal wave is 96.9% the range of normal wave, Infernal vector is 85% the range of normal vector--- see the difference. It also has insanly lower dps then both infernal gatling and wave while the normal vector is higher then wave and about half of gatling. One of two things is wrong here, either infernal wave driver is overwelmingly over powered or infernal vector and infernal gatling are overwhelming under powered which i believe its the first as if infernal gatling where more powerful it would stand unmatched as it can already do double its damage against stacked ships. how ever an infernal vector buff would be better then an infernal wave driver nerf, making infernal vector have the same jump in dps as wave driver and the same range reduction of 96.9% == basicly 97% which would be 4550 meters. its speed is the same as normal vector torps no problems with that its dps how ever is too low and its range is way to low  
    Erebus LVL 69
    Kixeye give everyone 10 billion coins for sticking it out with you this far
  • Milo_ja
    Milo_ja
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 1,180
    From other side manifold higer dps is only achievable on close distances. At 4000m range and small targets (cutters, frigates) manifold sucks. Infernal vector is a nice addition to normal vectors in hellfire mk5. I'm just refitting 2 of them. :)
  • Don't Speak
    Don't Speak
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 438
    Add 1x Inf Vector + 2x manni to a vector HF, works great. 
  • Milo_ja
    Milo_ja
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 1,180
    Add 1x Inf Vector + 2x manni to a vector HF, works great. 
    I will have soon (30% refit discount helps :) ) 2x Inf Vector + 1x mani. Rest is vector and 1xnet + vf3. Hope this will work great too. :)
  • Tank Commander
    Tank Commander
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 64
    Only way to tell which on is better is to test against each other in combat, why wouldn't u just put both your ship and create a combo :neutral:
    "its Raining Shells! Your bleeding Blood, R.I.P GG Bud!"
  • Deathskiller
    Deathskiller
    Minor Nuisance

Want to point out that vector is legendary and mannifold is epic.Sp mannifold has to be better by the tier level system

• johnr.cayton
    johnr.cayton
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2015 Posts: 32

Vector doesn't miss. You get the full dps ONLY if all the missles hit their target. All the **** that misses is wasted

• johnr.cayton
    johnr.cayton
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2015 Posts: 32

I also noticed the 1 hellfire I've built went down a few levles after it was fitted with infernal vectors

• Mryan918
    Mryan918
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2017 Posts: 4

@johnr.cayton said:
    Vector doesn't miss. You get the full dps ONLY if all the missles hit their target. All the **** that misses is wasted

It has missed for me before :/

• ChandraArgentis
    ChandraArgentis
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 1,120
    Mryan918 said:

@johnr.cayton said:

It has missed for me before :/

Yes, if you're at max range when it fires at  you and keep moving away, it can miss.
  • Deathskiller
    Deathskiller
    Minor Nuisance

I would like to point out that they are in different tiers