requesting meta armor for cruisers only

Spask Crondusk
Spask Crondusk
Master Tactician
Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 2,287

This one will benefit all cruisers since we all have resistance module and armor for; explosive,projectile and energy. Wouldn't hurt to have meta resistance armor but only on cruisers since it needs a good offense role to fight back while receiving less damage then meta resistance armor then the zyth armor without meta.

Please put your thoughts on this of why or why not? Pros and cons? Also will this be a big game changer for giving cruiser more love to be use in battle? CM's and MOD's your thoughts as well.

• TheHolyAsdf RiPx2
    TheHolyAsdf RiPx2
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2016 Posts: 74
    edited 8 Nov 2016, 2:42AM
    I just want to see -25% repair on mark V cruisers really, that's it. Besides, this makes Skirmish armor obsolete
  • Jamie Helm
    Jamie Helm
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 973

@RedBaron042 said:
    eh...  It doesn't fit with the cruiser theme, which is geared more towards shields.  Something like a rechargeable meta-shield, or something in that realm of mashing together or something with increased energy capacity would be more inline with cruisers.

The shield theme was good before the grand rebalance effectively screwed shields over. Even a rechargeable shield might not make that much of a dent in restoring cruisers to their former selves and getting them in play more. Like the idea of meta recharging only for cruisers though.

The basic problem is still that their prey can outrun them, but anything they can catch has Mark benefits against them. Armour boosts in that case makes more sense to me in terms of bringing them back in to play more, or perhaps a 'shield multiplier' would help instead so they can take a bit more punishment closing in. Either way, cruisers still need a little love. The Cov is slightly different because of armoured thrusters, but the rest still struggle.

• Radiatedmilo
    Radiatedmilo
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 289
    the way i see it is cruisers need to have a buff that lowers the shield bleed through from 10% to 3-5%, make it also have a buff where shields on cruisers give 10-25% more shields and we need some form of way where we can catch cutters as what good is being a ship that's meant to counter cutters if we cant catch the dam things 1st less we can magically hit the same cutter fleet enough that the person who has the cutters finally caves in after 2hrs of fighting only to probably coin it back XD
  • Spask Crondusk
    Spask Crondusk
    Master Tactician

Guess maybe the topic should be focus on when you Mark up the fleets, you receive less rep time more on armor then shield. Got it but the idea I want to address is cruisers need some kind of special that can benefit it's specialty of an tanky ship of cruisers.

• LTBloodshed
    LTBloodshed
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 1,525

id extend that further and say, repair discount per MK level for cruisers and cutters

• Mr TopGear
    Mr TopGear
    Master Tactician
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 2,066

id extend that further and say, repair discount per MK level for cruisers and cutters

*cough* might I direct your attention here
    The problem with this game is the power curves. Just look at the graphs I made. Said no vega conflict player ever

• FusionInferno1
    FusionInferno1
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 8,727

@RedBaron042 said:
    eh...  It doesn't fit with the cruiser theme, which is geared more towards shields.  Something like a rechargeable meta-shield, or something in that realm of mashing together or something with increased energy capacity would be more inline with cruisers.

Cruisers arent exactly geared toward shields (genesis exodus and heretic all have 1 shield... everyone else has 2 but always has double the armor...) cruisers are more geared toward heavy defense in general. So a boost to both shield and armor in mk system would actually benefit them a lot.

just existing at this point

• Spask Crondusk
    Spask Crondusk
    Master Tactician

@Mr TopGear said:
    Twister536 said:

cough might I direct your attention here

It's a great idea top gear but don't get me wrong, it's a good one but I do want to focus mainly on just for cruiser ship for now with having a meta armor but having a reduction rep as it mk up is also a good idea to benefit cruisers so we can see more people use them frequently in battle then just having all battleship with a carrier.

• Tuco716
    Tuco716
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 360
    VC penalizes defense. That's the effect of having only DP count towards repair. If each module had its own repair time and armor/shields were minimal in repair time, a case could be made for cruisers.

Cruisers have their uses, but they are not a mainstream hull the way the once were, and never will be again unless there's a Mk II grand rebalance.

• Spask Crondusk
    Spask Crondusk
    Master Tactician

@Tuco716 said:
    VC penalizes defense. That's the effect of having only DP count towards repair. If each module had its own repair time and armor/shields were minimal in repair time, a case could be made for cruisers.

Cruisers have their uses, but they are not a mainstream hull the way the once were, and never will be again unless there's a Mk II grand rebalance.

Can we at least dream and ask for it to happen, besides time will tell if they did make it happen, the effects of it is what I am concern about giving cruisers a better important role that benefits the ships then it's current role being stale.

• jskelton063
    jskelton063
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 356
    edited 8 Nov 2016, 10:48PM

This one will benefit all cruisers since we all have resistance module and armor for; explosive,projectile and energy. Wouldn't hurt to have meta resistance armor but only on cruisers since it needs a good offense role to fight back while receiving less damage then meta resistance armor then the zyth armor without meta.

Please put your thoughts on this of why or why not? Pros and cons? Also will this be a big game changer for giving cruiser more love to be use in battle? CM's and MOD's your thoughts as well.

let me guess: You have played the game for 3 years and have tons of cruisers and can put them for use? 
  • Spask Crondusk
    Spask Crondusk
    Master Tactician
    kuzi1572 said:

let me guess: You have played the game for 3 years and have tons of cruisers and can put them for use? 
    to sum it up for you: Yes :p

• Arbitrager123
    Arbitrager123
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 71

I like to think bigger. How about cutting repair times across the board? There should be lots of data on this already given civil wars.

A meta regen shield for cruisers would be an excellent idea though.

• GDIAX
    GDIAX
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 3,267

Rechargeable meta shields and meta armor are both op.

void

VOID style! @VoidMaster summoning jutsu!

Admiral and Head Intelligence Officer of the Frontier Liberation Army.

VEGA Conflict Wiki: vegaconflict.gamepedia.com
    NPC Target Infographics Database: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_EKMu0UVmG0219GrfHUkqZz-aDovGv9r

Practically all the information you need for the game.
  • Spask Crondusk
    Spask Crondusk
    Master Tactician

@GDIAX said:

void

Lol let's make a void armor as well to keep this topic going.

• FusionInferno1
    FusionInferno1
    Unicorn Overlord

@GDIAX said:

void

How bout if that stuff was CRUISER ONLY... op now?

• GDIAX
    GDIAX
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 3,267

@Nightmare Deathlock said:

@GDIAX said:

void

Resist 80% damage...... that's like 80% more health or slightly less or more

Admiral and Head Intelligence Officer of the Frontier Liberation Army.

VEGA Conflict Wiki: vegaconflict.gamepedia.com
    NPC Target Infographics Database: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_EKMu0UVmG0219GrfHUkqZz-aDovGv9r

Practically all the information you need for the game.
  • BetaLord
    BetaLord
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 160
    i would like a super strong meta sheild for my heretics as they are maxed out on armor and still under mass
    One of the first to start, one of the last to quit.
    ID 18982
  • FusionInferno1
    FusionInferno1
    Unicorn Overlord

@GDIAX said:

@Nightmare Deathlock said:

@GDIAX said:

void

Resist 80% damage...... that's like 80% more health or slightly less or more

Meta armor would work like resistance armors... besides a rechargable shield always USUALLY has less health than the other shields so it wouldnt be to op... and considering cruisers arent often used anymore they need something to help them

• Mr.Crazy
    Mr.Crazy
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 237

More armor on the way but how long?
    BETA: 100 & 500 ID: 11859 Who I am: I a player like you, I don't work for kixeye and MOD'S
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dnivenjack
    Facebook Groups: https://www.facebook.com/groups/VegaConflictAllSectorsWarRoom/ https://www.facebook.com/groups/VEGAConflictAllSectors/
  • RaniRahn
    RaniRahn
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 1,703
    cruisers actually need reduced rep time from shield energy. Actually would be best if rep time would be divided by how many slots ship have. If u have 2 u get 2 times less rep time from energi and if u have 1 nothing changes. At least then people would fly max shields on theyr cruisers again.
    52 45 38 67 54 6b 39 55 49 45 4a 56 57 53 42 44 54 30 6c 4f 55 79 45 3d
  • Denzil Du Plooy
    Denzil Du Plooy
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 297

Really like the idea of high capacity shielding for cruisers only or at least a shield that recharges at an increased rate instead of the standard 9.9seconds to full