Meet Your New Community Manager...

• NotactuallyDeadshot
    NotactuallyDeadshot
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 71

Ok its 12:30pm central time and still not a peep! Guess it is ignore till problem goes away? Why is there no comment of went they will address the issue..?

@Swag

• Junren-JS
    Junren-JS
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 1,591

Ok its 12:30pm central time and still not a peep! Guess it is ignore till problem goes away? Why is there no comment of went they will address the issue..?

I can say from personal experience that the Monday after an event is devoted to reading through the relevant threads, then compiling a list of the concerns, then submitting it to the developers, who then take their own time to read through it while also working through other game issues that are already in the pipeline.  This is also assuming the day isn't already taken up by a Monday morning meeting to go over the work that is scheduled for the week itself.  All this takes time. 

I mean, assuming you take the weekend off to relax (regular practice is the game crew/community manager takes the weekend off, but might log in occasionally to monitor player feedback, while leaving the sorting and thread moving to the forum volunteers), it's going to take at least a day or two to just sort the valuable, information packed posts from the ranting, illogical ones.  Then compiling takes half a day to work it into a legible, coherent document for submission. 

It's not ignoring the problem; it's business as usual and you have to allow these people to work.  Complain about them ignoring it if a week has gone by and there's not a peep.  But jumping down their throats a day immediately following the weekend is outrageous. 
    Burning all your bridges means that sooner or later you're alone on an island, bereft of allies or means to get anywhere.  Seek to build bridges in all things, treat even your opponents with respect.  Crush them only when there is no other recourse and they hinder your movement forward. 
  • Khemul
    Khemul
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2016 Posts: 1,436

@Junren-JS said:
    NotactuallyDeadshot said:

I can say from personal experience that the Monday after an event is devoted to reading through the relevant threads, then compiling a list of the concerns, then submitting it to the developers, who then take their own time to read through it while also working through other game issues that are already in the pipeline.  This is also assuming the day isn't already taken up by a Monday morning meeting to go over the work that is scheduled for the week itself.  All this takes time. 

I mean, assuming you take the weekend off to relax (regular practice is the game crew/community manager takes the weekend off, but might log in occasionally to monitor player feedback, while leaving the sorting and thread moving to the forum volunteers), it's going to take at least a day or two to just sort the valuable, information packed posts from the ranting, illogical ones.  Then compiling takes half a day to work it into a legible, coherent document for submission. 

It's not ignoring the problem; it's business as usual and you have to allow these people to work.  Complain about them ignoring it if a week has gone by and there's not a peep.  But jumping down their throats a day immediately following the weekend is outrageous. 

^ This is exactly what the official statement from the CM should look like following the weekend. Swag, copy/paste this for future use

• NotactuallyDeadshot
    NotactuallyDeadshot
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 71

@Junren-JS said:
    NotactuallyDeadshot said:

Well thank like has already been stated they should have posted this .. But thank you.. Was not jumping was looking for a time frame for some answers.. Be it wednesday or thursday... At least a basic time line of when we would be addressed.. Not total silence..

But a big thank you to you for your update on behalf of kixeye. (Not being sarcastic)

We I think would just like to hear more than we are monitoring the situation please stand by

• Fajar Priyanto
    Fajar Priyanto
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 335

@Crazybaker49085 said:
    I agree..a forum mod for vega, with a level 10 account, to me doesn't know enough about the game to moderate a forum on it...it's kind of insulting that the mods aren't a level 40 or above. That usually means they know a thing or 2 about the game and all the issues we've had and concerns. A level 10 doesn't know anything we've had concerns or complaints about and shouldn't have any business being a mod shutting down posts he has no idea about

I have to agree on this one. A level 10 moderators are not qualified to mod. They need more experience in the game first. That shows how they just closed and deleted posts.

• BatteryChucker
    BatteryChucker
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 521
    Junren-JS said:

So they bring the concerns to the developers, who then respond with "We can't worry about that now, we're working on things for 3 months from now".
  • BloodRavenFavian
    BloodRavenFavian
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 8,212

@Crazybaker49085 said:
    I agree..a forum mod for vega, with a level 10 account, to me doesn't know enough about the game to moderate a forum on it...it's kind of insulting that the mods aren't a level 40 or above. That usually means they know a thing or 2 about the game and all the issues we've had and concerns. A level 10 doesn't know anything we've had concerns or complaints about and shouldn't have any business being a mod shutting down posts he has no idea about

I have to agree on this one. A level 10 moderators are not qualified to mod. They need more experience in the game first. That shows how they just closed and deleted posts.

Cops dont have to commit a crime to see what is and what isnt one. Janitors dont have to spill a certain number of things to be able to clean it up. Moderators are basically just that, janitors. Feedback is appreciated and welcomed, but it has to be done within guidelines. We only close stuff that is against general rules (which are posted up).  You dont have to be any level to do that. 
    We are always watching. Quiet ≠ safe.

• Gabe Carmody
    Gabe Carmody
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 210

Keep them over at BP.
    Build a wall, build it tall.
    Do you even Vega, bro?

• Fajar Priyanto
    Fajar Priyanto
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 335

Is that what you think of yourself? Being a janitor? True cleaning is part of mod. But it is only small part of the duty. IMHO the bigger part is to engange the players with respect and you will earn respect too in return.
    Closing and deleting posts will not get you one.

• Optimus815
    Optimus815
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 393
    @KIXEYE Swag may you check your pm i have a complaint about one of your moderators
  • Junren-JS
    Junren-JS
    Junren-JS said:
    --snip--
    --snip--
    So they bring the concerns to the developers, who then respond with "We can't worry about that now, we're working on things for 3 months from now".
    Speaking from personal experience, this has also been the case.  Though noting how lag/latency issues affected the combat servers (that being a critical component of the game) it would be woefully negligent in any game company to ignore this problem.  I have faith that this would be a primary issue they would focus on-- give them a few days to go through the feedback, check the logs from the servers, then check with the engineers to see what can be done to fix it.  I think that'll take more than a few days to figure out. 

I also believe that this is probably why the event was only geared toward the "end game" players-- less players engaging in experimental combat puts less stress on the combat servers; I mean, can you imagine, knowing the problems we had during the event, how bad it would have been if all the players were involved?  Just a theory, but that's my guess as to why beginner- and mid-game players were left out of the event. 

In any case, if we don't hear back from them this week, I imagine they'll update us in the next with at least a "hey, this is what we're experiencing, we're still working on it".  If not, then that's the time I think we, the community, should be pushing for answers. 
    Burning all your bridges means that sooner or later you're alone on an island, bereft of allies or means to get anywhere.  Seek to build bridges in all things, treat even your opponents with respect.  Crush them only when there is no other recourse and they hinder your movement forward. 
  • Worthington3
    Worthington3
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2016 Posts: 713

Is that what you think of yourself? Being a janitor? True cleaning is part of mod. But it is only small part of the duty. IMHO the bigger part is to engange the players with respect and you will earn respect too in return.

This is actually an interesting question - if the mods are nothing more then glorified janitors (Your words) why even have them? Design a key-word bot, set it loose, problem solved.

I was under the impression that the mods were supposed to be intermediaries between the wider community and our CM. I mean he's 1 guy after all, it's not practical for him to reply to every topic or PM without someone having curated them for him. Mods should be the ones who pass along the actually important bits or suggestions while trying to keep everyone calm, respectful, and reasonably happy. Surely you don't just want to be some faceless of 'enforcer of order', that makes you sound more like Overlords rather then people here to help. I mean the word Moderator means mediator or arbitrator, which is 'an independent person or body officially appointed to settle a dispute'. And I believe that should be your role.

Also, loose the attitude man (Not directed to any one Mod, just a general statement 0 I've seen some exceptionally polite mods who've done a better job of keeping there cool in this situation then I ever could. And I've seen a few cocky and/or dismissive and/or borderline inflammatory posts from some mods - which helps nobody and just keeps everyone mad at each-other). We're all adults here, or should be, no need to treat us like misbehaving kids (although I'm sure some actually need to be treated as such). This has been a stressful weekend for everyone, emotions are high, and we ALL need to work on deescalation. So that means I don't make endless stupid topics about how evil Kixeye and the Mods are, and you don't act smug or otherwise rub salt in the wound.

So let's keep things productive shall we?
  • october30th
    october30th
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 67
    edited 11 Oct 2016, 2:55AM
    Speaking from personal experience, this has also been the case.  Though noting how lag/latency issues affected the combat servers (that being a critical component of the game) it would be woefully negligent in any game company to ignore this problem.  I have faith that this would be a primary issue they would focus on-- give them a few days to go through the feedback, check the logs from the servers, then check with the engineers to see what can be done to fix it.  I think that'll take more than a few days to figure out. 

I also believe that this is probably why the event was only geared toward the "end game" players-- less players engaging in experimental combat puts less stress on the combat servers; I mean, can you imagine, knowing the problems we had during the event, how bad it would have been if all the players were involved?  Just a theory, but that's my guess as to why beginner- and mid-game players were left out of the event. 

In any case, if we don't hear back from them this week, I imagine they'll update us in the next with at least a "hey, this is what we're experiencing, we're still working on it".  If not, then that's the time I think we, the community, should be pushing for answers. 
    I think you are right, however it was handled wrongly.
    A new event, new major changes, been aware that the servers might overload would have required a different approach.

Hi Rebels,

As you know we are implementing a new feature in the game, although we have done extensive testing it will be limited to end game players in order to monitor our servers overload in the real game with real players. We seek your understanding and cooperation to make our game even better.
    Please be aware that the strength of the Aliens might be tuned during the event, and might have server lag, if you experience it, please report in the pinned thread, and send a ticket to customer service to have full refund of the lost coins, those that have video recorders keep them on all the time, such evidence will expedite the support to clear your ticket.
    Your cooperation is highly appreciated, in future this event will be expanded to all players levels.
    Let's work together!
  • ToyotaObsession
    ToyotaObsession
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 5,983

It's actually the largest part TBH. 

Were not interested in your respect or your friendship, we are not employees we simply ensure the rules are followed. Sadly for a bit too long the inmates have been allowed to run the asylum and that's changed now. So telling us that you won't respect us for closing/deleting posts is meaningless. That is why we are here to ensure the forums are welcoming and clean, we are not here for friendship and respect. 

This is actually an interesting question - if the mods are nothing more then glorified janitors (Your words) why even have them? Design a key-word bot, set it loose, problem solved.

Because humans will always outsmart AI and then this would turn into a hive of scum and villainy like /b/. So a human touch is needed to deal with human posting. There's too much nuance in a forum to let a simple key-word bot handle things. Just imagine the spam.... 

So while we will do our best to keep the forums clean and tidy we do make mistakes and we respond well to polite PM's. Name calling and/or insults when you feel your topic has been closed/moved/etc incorrectly won't really help matters any and will probably result in your requests being ignored. We always have a reason for why we do things. 

First and foremost were here to enforce the rules of the board. As long as the rules are followed people are free to submit whatever feedback they please. Despite what some might think about only allowing positive feedback. If we didn't allow any negative feedback this would be a very lonely place don't you think? 
    The Rules we talk about constantly
    Report hackers because of the rules.
    Submit a ticket if you qualify.

Questions? Concerns? PM me.                                            image
  • RAZOR_WIRE
    RAZOR_WIRE
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 153
    Were not interested in your respect or your friendship, we are not employees we simply ensure the rules are followed. Sadly for a bit too long the inmates have been allowed to run the asylum and that's changed now
    For someone who dislike the players disrespecting mods, along with some of the other things you mentioned, the comment above does not help your case. in Fact the that comment only solidifies the players stance against kixeye and those it choose's as it minions on their forums. If I were you, as a mod, I would start choosing my words much more carefully before spouting of about not needing players respect because with out it there is no Vega, there is no kixeye, and there is no Vega forum for you to be a moderator in. Also in case you haven't notice it is the players that keep this game alive and thanks to mods like you, and CM's like SWAG, the players are rapidly leaving the game. So, if i were you I would also start trying to preserve what little is left of the player base, not send it further over the edge with comments like the ones you are making.
    VEGA BETA ID: 52918 
  • ToyotaObsession
    ToyotaObsession
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 5,983
    Were not interested in your respect or your friendship, we are not employees we simply ensure the rules are followed. Sadly for a bit too long the inmates have been allowed to run the asylum and that's changed now
    For someone who dislike the players disrespecting mods, along with some of the other things you mentioned, the comment above does not help your case. in Fact the that comment only solidifies the players stance against kixeye and those it choose's as it minions on their forums. If I were you, as a mod, I would start choosing my words much more carefully before spouting of about not needing players respect because with out it there is no Vega, there is no kixeye, and there is no Vega forum for you to be a moderator in. Also in case you haven't notice it is the players that keep this game alive and thanks to mods like you, and CM's like SWAG, the players are rapidly leaving the game. So, if i were you I would also start trying to preserve what little is left of the player base, not send it further over the edge with comments like the ones you are making.
    Except you're making the false equivalency argument that 1. All players come to the forums 2. All players agree with you. Neither of which are true. 

Also you make the false assumption that I dislike anything. If anyone here likes/dislikes me or any other MOD is irrelevant. The only things that were concerned with right now is are people following the forum rules. For that end we do not need anyone's respect. 

If expecting players to follow the rules that have been set up since before they started playing causes them to leave then so be it. But as usually is the case in these instances it's a lot of hollow words meant to frighten us into submission. So if you want to talk about respect it starts with you and not trying to scare someone into doing what you what because I can assure you that's not going to work. 

Any thing else I can clear up for you? 
    The Rules we talk about constantly
    Report hackers because of the rules.
    Submit a ticket if you qualify.

Questions? Concerns? PM me.                                            image
  • Junren-JS
    Junren-JS
    I have to go with the mods on this one.  Mods, being unpaid volunteers policing the forums, only have the forum guidelines to go by.  They are a strict set of rules that they have to follow.  Only the actual paid employee, i.e. CM Swag, has to put on the welcoming face of Kixeye, since that's his actual job description.  This being his first event to handle, combined with the learning curve associated with keeping both his boss(es) and the community happy, one can (or should) understandably see how difficult a time he has now. 

As much as I like to see a happy forum, you have to look at the bigger picture here:  Would you rather have him posting needless banter about what he's trying to do, or would you rather have him working on sorting through the pages of feedback posts and condensing them for the developers?  That's what I had to do when I worked as a community manager; unless you've seen other people introducing themselves to the forum, you've got to see that there's only one community manager actually handling all this information.  Put yourself in his shoes and imagine coming back from a short weekend to all these posts, then imagine trying to read through everything, taking only the relevant bits of information, then summarizing it for the developers.  It's a ton of work. 

Now imagine all the additional posts from folks calling for blood on how you handled the situation.  It's going to be the last bit of stuff you read, not only because it's absolutely depressing (and depression makes you less productive on the job) but also because it's not relevant to what actually has to be done (game balance, feedback on rewards, latency/lag issues).  I mean, would you really trade work on the important stuff just so that they can stroke your ego? 

Go with logic and realize that they know that without customers, Vega Conflict is sunk.  It's simply a given.  With that in mind, you should be able to see that they have to focus on the information from the last event and analyze it to see how to make it more entertaining-- realize that that's the priority they're putting their effort in. 

It's a bitter pill to swallow, I'll admit.  But until you've worked as a community manager who's managed a successful forum that hasn't fallen to toxicity as well as proven to be a valuable asset to a company's product, you really can't be saying what Mods or the CM should be doing. 
  • RAZOR_WIRE
    RAZOR_WIRE
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 153
    Except you're making the false equivalency argument that 1. All players come to the forums 2. All players agree with you. Neither of which are true. 

Also you make the false assumption that I dislike anything. If anyone here likes/dislikes me or any other MOD is irrelevant. The only things that were concerned with right now is are people following the forum rules. For that end we do not need anyone's respect. 

If expecting players to follow the rules that have been set up since before they started playing causes them to leave then so be it. But as usually is the case in these instances it's a lot of hollow words meant to frighten us into submission. So if you want to talk about respect it starts with you and not trying to scare someone into doing what you what because I can assure you that's not going to work. 

Any thing else I can clear up for you? 
    First you'r previous comments imply what you dislike along with how you view the players on this forum, and just as well why don't define what you mean by inmates and asylum because every thing you say can be seen as a reflection of kixeye, and be used against them if the wrong people were to get offended. Second if you actually played the game you moderate a forum for you would know that i don't need to assume any thing i can go into the in game chat and ask any one what they think of what kixeye has done to the players or the game, and get a fairly unanimous answer against the actions kixeye has taken. Are there players that disagree with me yes,but i know that the number of those that disagree does not out weight those that agree. Thirdly I'm out to scare any one if what i say frightens you in any way, or makes you feel as though i have backed you in a corner is because on some level you know I'm right about what i have said, and fear the ramifications what ever they may be. 

VEGA BETA ID: 52918 
  • OrcaLord26
    OrcaLord26
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 68

Um, guys, I've been watching this forum go on for a while now (since the beginning actually), but if it keeps up like this, no one's going to get anywhere nor get anything done. For the players who are upset, I understand, believe me. But give them some time. As Junren-JS mentioned, it takes time to read all the forums. And if everyone keeps adding comments, then they won't be able to keep up to properly proces them all. (Not to mention SWAG did say all this won't change overnight, it takes weeks). I do not mean to offend anyone in any way, and if I have then my apologies, but please be patient for at least a week and see what happens.

• RaniRahn
    RaniRahn
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 1,703
    Junren-JS said:
    It's a bitter pill to swallow, I'll admit.  But until you've worked as a community manager who's managed a successful forum that hasn't fallen to toxicity as well as proven to be a valuable asset to a company's product, you really can't be saying what Mods or the CM should be doing. 
    I have done this work even on administrator level and i know for a fact that whole forum reflect from moderators. If they act out then also do users. If moderators are good then these few trolls that exist everywhere noone even notices that they exist. So if customer service or moderator do bad job that can be seen in frond page on every forum. Best forums have no merged or deleted threats. They have pointed in right direction in polite way not insulting and threatening way like its done in here. Usually there is no need to help users out more then once or twice to get them on the right track where and what to post. Even if people are upset its not good idea to send them angru messages from customer service or from moderators who even dont know what the issue is. In my forums there where rule for moderators. "If u dont understand, then do nothing" And that was there for good reason. Technical forums are really complicated and if u are not 100% sure about the topic then let them do the work who is.
    52 45 38 67 54 6b 39 55 49 45 4a 56 57 53 42 44 54 30 6c 4f 55 79 45 3d
  • Specialist aka Specs
    Specialist aka Specs
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 9,395

@Crazybaker49085 said:

Cops dont have to commit a crime to see what is and what isnt one. Janitors dont have to spill a certain number of things to be able to clean it up. Moderators are basically just that, janitors. Feedback is appreciated and welcomed, but it has to be done within guidelines. We only close stuff that is against general rules (which are posted up).  You dont have to be any level to do that. 
    If you put it that way:

> Programmers don't need to know a single programming language to be a programmer
    > Cops don't need to know the law to enforce it
    > Banks don't need money to hand out loans

I think the issue you mods are having so many clashes with players is that you are not sympathising with our issues, you can't sympathise with our issues cause you don't even play the game. You dismiss them, put a wall of closed threads and do not consider our concerns. We players feel powerless to make any sort of shift in shaping VC into a game we enjoy, so we make our tone more aggressive to deliver our point. It's a vicious cycle resulting in a senseless back and forth.

Mods aren't even explicitly acknowledging there's a problem at all, let alone providing any transparency in light of future relief to players. They just march in and shut the players down like Russia did to Crimea. We players, as aggravated as we are, is not without reason or rhyme. 
    Sympathizing does not mean that we let you violate the forum rules :) 

There have been quite a few well thought posts expressing the displeasure of this weekend that have been left to stand. Why? Well they do not violate the forum rules and are well reasoned and well thought out. 

You can easily express yourself and your displeasure and stay within the rules. You can even contact the mod that closed your thread down (as a few have with me) and asked how it could be changed so that it can meet the forum rules.

We do not want to stop good discussion, but we will stop all discussion we find that violates the rules of the company forums.
  • BatteryChucker
    BatteryChucker
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 521
    edited 11 Oct 2016, 1:33PM

@Crazybaker49085 said:

If you put it that way:

> Programmers don't need to know a single programming language to be a programmer

I think the issue you mods are having so many clashes with players is that you are not sympathising with our issues, you can't sympathise with our issues cause you don't even play the game. You dismiss them, put a wall of closed threads and do not consider our concerns. We players feel powerless to make any sort of shift in shaping VC into a game we enjoy, so we make our tone more aggressive to deliver our point. It's a vicious cycle resulting in a senseless back and forth.

Mods aren't even explicitly acknowledging there's a problem at all, let alone providing any transparency in light of future relief to players. They just march in and shut the players down like Russia did to Crimea. We players, as aggravated as we are, is not without reason or rhyme. 

There have been quite a few well thought posts expressing the displeasure of this weekend that have been left to stand. Why? Well they do not violate the forum rules and are well reasoned and well thought out. 

You can easily express yourself and your displeasure and stay within the rules. You can even contact the mod that closed your thread down (as a few have with me) and asked how it could be changed so that it can meet the forum rules.

We do not want to stop good discussion, but we will stop all discussion we find that violates the rules of the company forums.
    All I ask is that the forum mods understand that this community is already full of anger due to the rebalancing and other issues that have taken place in the past year.  This is not a case where it's just a bunch of trolls trying to be keyboard warriors.  There is a lot of general anger and it all originates from the rebalancing along with the "If you're not taking damage you're breaking the game" quote by Preece.  The entire viewpoint by the gamers has been skewed because of that, so there's a lot of distrust, anxiety, and negativity going on - much more so than before.  So when you have an event like this riddled with bugs, issues, and a lack of reward-level incentive then there's going to be a lot more negative feedback than normal.

There's always going to be teenage responses and trolling - I used to mod forums back in 99 with TFC and CS and I understand the tendency to react.  There's a big issue right now with timing on all of these changes and that in addition to the things I mentioned need to be considered before the ban buttons are pressed.
  • october30th
    october30th
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 67

@Crazybaker49085 said:

If you put it that way:

You are lying, when I contacted you because you deleted my post, you told me to complain to the CM...you were unable to tell me what was wrong in my post of over 200 words, you just stated, i do not have it, please ask CM for a review. I have the screen shots so if you wish I can publish them, but I refrain since a private ones, my last message to you was...please let me know you are able to provide the exact sentences that you did not like!

• Hyperius
    Hyperius
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 12,118
    Junren-JS said:
    I have to go with the mods on this one.  Mods, being unpaid volunteers policing the forums, only have the forum guidelines to go by.  They are a strict set of rules that they have to follow.  Only the actual paid employee, i.e. CM Swag, has to put on the welcoming face of Kixeye, since that's his actual job description.  This being his first event to handle, combined with the learning curve associated with keeping both his boss(es) and the community happy, one can (or should) understandably see how difficult a time he has now. 

As much as I like to see a happy forum, you have to look at the bigger picture here:  Would you rather have him posting needless banter about what he's trying to do, or would you rather have him working on sorting through the pages of feedback posts and condensing them for the developers?  That's what I had to do when I worked as a community manager; unless you've seen other people introducing themselves to the forum, you've got to see that there's only one community manager actually handling all this information.  Put yourself in his shoes and imagine coming back from a short weekend to all these posts, then imagine trying to read through everything, taking only the relevant bits of information, then summarizing it for the developers.  It's a ton of work. 

Now imagine all the additional posts from folks calling for blood on how you handled the situation.  It's going to be the last bit of stuff you read, not only because it's absolutely depressing (and depression makes you less productive on the job) but also because it's not relevant to what actually has to be done (game balance, feedback on rewards, latency/lag issues).  I mean, would you really trade work on the important stuff just so that they can stroke your ego? 

Go with logic and realize that they know that without customers, Vega Conflict is sunk.  It's simply a given.  With that in mind, you should be able to see that they have to focus on the information from the last event and analyze it to see how to make it more entertaining-- realize that that's the priority they're putting their effort in. 

Why are all of your posts so visually interesting that I am compelled to read them?

>_>

KIXEYE Senior Moderator

Playing since 9/30/11

Helpful Links:  Site Rules / Report a Player / ToS / Ticket Status /

Have a problem? KIXEYE Customer Service

• Specialist aka Specs
    Specialist aka Specs
    Unicorn Overlord

@Crazybaker49085 said:

If you put it that way:

All I ask is that the forum mods understand that this community is already full of anger due to the rebalancing and other issues that have taken place in the past year.  This is not a case where it's just a bunch of trolls trying to be keyboard warriors.  There is a lot of general anger and it all originates from the rebalancing along with the "If you're not taking damage you're breaking the game" quote by Preece.  The entire viewpoint by the gamers has been skewed because of that, so there's a lot of distrust, anxiety, and negativity going on - much more so than before.  So when you have an event like this riddled with bugs, issues, and a lack of reward-level incentive then there's going to be a lot more negative feedback than normal.

There's always going to be teenage responses and trolling - I used to mod forums back in 99 with TFC and CS and I understand the tendency to react.  There's a big issue right now with timing on all of these changes and that in addition to the things I mentioned need to be considered before the ban buttons are pressed.
    The anger can be understood, no one likes to have a broken event or issues with their fun.

but that anger can be focused and presented in such ways that do not force the mods to  close/merge/remove the thread/posts or give warnings/restriction/bans.

We would rather not do any of that, but we do have to follow the rules and enforce them (when we see it) regardless of how the forum posters feel.
  • Specialist aka Specs
    Specialist aka Specs
    Unicorn Overlord

@Crazybaker49085 said:

If you put it that way:

You are lying, when I contacted you because you deleted my post, you told me to complain to the CM...you were unable to tell me what was wrong in my post of over 200 words, you just stated, i do not have it, please ask CM for a review. I have the screen shots so if you wish I can publish them, but I refrain since a private ones, my last message to you was...please let me know you are able to provide the exact sentences that you did not like!

I gave you the reason for the actions I took against your post/thread :) It is in the first post I made to you in private. You just refuse to accept that and hence you will need to speak to the CM about your issues. 

Seeing as you are not restricted on the forums (you are not behind bars) or banned, the friendly warning I gave you should be taken as that a warning that you broke the rules once and that further breaking of those said rules will result in further warning and restrictions. Please read the forum rules or you can easily see what will happen with continuing to break them.
  • thatdudeoverthere
    thatdudeoverthere
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 20
    Hyperius said:
    Why are all of your posts so visually interesting that I am compelled to read them?

>_>
    Because he is sucking up and people are drawn to getting their ego stroked...
This discussion has been closed.