Meet Your New Community Manager...

• John Jones22
    John Jones22
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 3,291

New CM, same kix problems. Test your stuff guys. Stop giving us false info.

• NotactuallyDeadshot
    NotactuallyDeadshot
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 71

As i understand from other conversation the CM is on his holidays thank you all for your interest.

• Bokyaku
    Bokyaku
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 93
    edited 9 Oct 2016, 1:05AM
    Ok so, um, welcome to hell, swag. And first order of buisness, please prove that you are in fact human and our kind of human, not those admin saying they're human but they don't help much except ban, mute, close threads and threaten us.
    Learn and listen for the signs!
    Protect your games from the P2W Plague!
  • sleuthyRogue
    sleuthyRogue
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 1,144
    Fun fact: Community Managers usually decide who's moderating.
  • KIXEYE Swag
    KIXEYE Swag
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 3,665
    Bokyaku said:
    Ok so, um, welcome to hell, swag. And first order of buisness, please prove that you are in fact human and our kind of human, not those admin saying they're human but they don't help much except ban, mute, close threads and threaten us.
    I'm "More Human Than Human".  I am working with the mods on procedure and how to keep the forums organized.
  • default1392
    default1392
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 483
    edited 10 Oct 2016, 7:24AM

Great opening event SWAG. Games really going in great direction, right into the awesomer.

• Bokyaku
    Bokyaku
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 93
    Bokyaku said:
    I'm "More Human Than Human".  I am working with the mods on procedure and how to keep the forums organized.
    Meh, close enough, you did respond. So its proof enough.
    Learn and listen for the signs!
    Protect your games from the P2W Plague!
  • zaxoon
    zaxoon
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 105
    edited 9 Oct 2016, 1:17PM
    Greetings Rebels, my name is SWAG and I have the esteemed honor of taking the reins as your new Community Manager for VEGA Conflict.  I say “new” but some of you might recognize me as one of the first Community Managers at KIXEYE, going back to 2011 on games like Battle Pirates.  Subsequently, I produced a lot of community-focused video content including some of the very first videos for VEGA Conflict.

After a short sabbatical, I have returned to the fray to be your advocate in helping to shape the future of VEGA Conflict and its dedicated community.  To me, the players have always come first and I can assure you that thought is ever-present in my mind.

However, actions speak louder than words.  I have sync'd with the stakeholders on the VC team and the wheels are already turning on initiatives to keep you more informed on their plans and how to improve on processing your feedback.

So, how can you help?  For now, just keep doing what you're currently doing.  I'll be asking question in the in-game chat, reading your forum posts, watching online video shows like Battle Vortex and more to collect feedback on how to make VC even better.

Evolution doesn't happen overnight but in the coming weeks and months I plan on delivering tangible results to you.  The future of VEGA Conflict and its community is blazingly bright and I will do everything in my power to ensure it.

That's it for now but expect to hear a lot more in the near future.

- SWAG
    Nope, that would be money :D
  • KIXEYE Swag
    KIXEYE Swag
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 3,665
    TsunamiXB said:
    Hey Swag, welcome. Coming this morning and seeing more than half of the threads on page 1 "Merged" or "Moved". Seen a moderator asking people to moderate their language after 2 posts with one "retarded" and one "stupid" (guess this guy never ever opened the game and looked in sector chat, or just never took his car and listened to people in the street).
    If this is the organization you are talking about, I believe you are going in the wrong direction. These overzealous actions will only irritate the player base, and they'll move to the war room or directly out of the game. It is a game, not an army camp. We are here to enjoy the experience. There are times where things don't work as expected and people express that. We are also "More Human Than Human", and should be treated as such. We have already argued against merging threads as this kill the conversation and makes them useless. And if this is precisely your goal, then again, you are going in the wrong direction.
    You're replacing someone that was well considered by the majority of the player base. The bar is high. Take a breath and think about it.
    Merging threads creates focused conversations.  Having ten threads saying the same thing don't need to monopolize the 1st page of General Discussion; that's not fair to other people's threads.  

I'm very glad you liked my predecessor but as I mentioned in the OP, it's going to take some time for all of us to get acclimated to each other.  Change doesn't happen over night but please give me a few weeks to get things sorted before casting stones.  Thanks.
  • Crazybaker49085
    Crazybaker49085
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 683
    merging threads is one thing, thats fine..sstuff we want to talk about are being closed and deleted....the moderators need to be under better control, theyre on a closing thread trip...not a good way to start their time with vega, especially when some of them are a very low rank in game and dont knwo what the majority of us end gamers have been through, they need to take tbat under advisement too
  • Skyfall123
    Skyfall123
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2016 Posts: 96

@KIXEYE Swag said:
    TsunamiXB said:

KIXEYE Swag said:

Hey Swag, welcome. Coming this morning and seeing more than half of the threads on page 1 "Merged" or "Moved". Seen a moderator asking people to moderate their language after 2 posts with one "retarded" and one "stupid" (guess this guy never ever opened the game and looked in sector chat, or just never took his car and listened to people in the street).
    If this is the organization you are talking about, I believe you are going in the wrong direction. These overzealous actions will only irritate the player base, and they'll move to the war room or directly out of the game. It is a game, not an army camp. We are here to enjoy the experience. There are times where things don't work as expected and people express that. We are also "More Human Than Human", and should be treated as such. We have already argued against merging threads as this kill the conversation and makes them useless. And if this is precisely your goal, then again, you are going in the wrong direction.
    You're replacing someone that was well considered by the majority of the player base. The bar is high. Take a breath and think about it.

Merging threads creates focused conversations.  Having ten threads saying the same thing don't need to monopolize the 1st page of General Discussion; that's not fair to other people's threads.  

I'm very glad you liked my predecessor but as I mentioned in the OP, it's going to take some time for all of us to get acclimated to each other.  Change doesn't happen over night but please give me a few weeks to get things sorted before casting stones.  Thanks.

I think you are kidding yourself if you think your gonna change anything about the direction of this game.

The bean counters and accountants dictate this game ie monetization not you.

Sorry to be so blunt but the wishy washy crap doesnt wash any more.

• RaniRahn
    RaniRahn
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 1,703
    Well. I read alot in here and i can say 100% that this is not what is happening. Completly different topics getting merged and then closed. Constuctive posts getting deleted without any reason or answer. Current moderators just dont understand what the hell people talking about. Like at all. There have been few topics that is merged into right place. Only few. 99% is merged in wrong place and with wrong topics. Its total mess what is happening right now. So first let these mods get to lets say lvl 45 base and then they can understand what the hell people talking about and they can merge topics together what talking about same thing.
    52 45 38 67 54 6b 39 55 49 45 4a 56 57 53 42 44 54 30 6c 4f 55 79 45 3d
  • NotactuallyDeadshot
    NotactuallyDeadshot
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 71

@RaniRahn said:
    KIXEYE Swag said:

Well. I read alot in here and i can say 100% that this is not what is happening. Completly different topics getting merged and then closed. Constuctive posts getting deleted without any reason or answer. Current moderators just dont understand what the hell people talking about. Like at all. There have been few topics that is merged into right place. Only few. 99% is merged in wrong place and with wrong topics. Its total mess what is happening right now. So first let these mods get to lets say lvl 45 base and then they can understand what the hell people talking about and they can merge topics together what talking about same thing.

Todd plays and is high lvl. He didn't play i this even as is on road and only has his moblie .. That i can understand .. But am sure quietly he had that excuse to miss this garbage.

• RaniRahn
    RaniRahn
    Todd plays and is high lvl. He didn't play i this even as is on road and only has his moblie .. That i can understand .. But am sure quietly he had that excuse to miss this garbage.
    Have not seen Todd messing things up also so i did not talked about him. I dont name them who i am talking about but they know who they are.
  • nairelluf
    nairelluf
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2016 Posts: 40
    It would take a lot to improve this game and I don't see Kixeye even listening to the players anyway

• R4b1dG04t
    R4b1dG04t
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 282

Times up, make Vega great again.

• Roj Blake
    Roj Blake
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 36
    Swag or is that Shag?

• OrionSyndicate
    OrionSyndicate
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 20

Hey SWAG, why are you using tiny lvl 10 chihuahuas as forum mods? Don't the rules require that they be helpful? I don't think a lvl 10 could help guide someone out of a wet paper bag let alone through this game! So please explain that? You should be seeking out long time players with 3-4 mil ID's or lower who are still active. Not some guy who posted 10 million times in the forums in his first 10 minutes in the game

THE Cool Goat

~Perhaps Today IS a Good Day to Die~

• MR TIGER
    MR TIGER
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 3
    An who SWAG is your boss, im not happy an would like to speak to them above u an your low lvl noob moderators

• jboder
    jboder
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 335
    there are lots of questions in this thread.

just for the sake of interest: when will you starting answering them?
  • TheHolyAsdf
    TheHolyAsdf
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 1,389
    Considering the recent events, I really miss LXC...
  • RAZOR_WIRE
    RAZOR_WIRE
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 153
    edited 11 Oct 2016, 4:28AM
    Correct me if i am wrong but isn't SWAG the community manger from War Commander. If this is true that all the stuff that has happened would make a lot sense considering he did the same to people on the WC forum just saying.
    VEGA BETA ID: 52918 
  • RaniRahn
    RaniRahn
    I am all about giving people change to improve and do better but what i have seen for now i cant trust our new CM. When he (or he letting mods) mergeing threads about event and battle server issues then i have no idea what there is to talk about? He have no idea what he is doing. These things are not related and should be fixed separately not merged into event threads. Just fix battleserver. Thats priority nr 1. If u cant do battles there is no game.
  • Zombie3116
    Zombie3116
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 194
    Well made a long nice post.
    Might aswell just type garbage and hope to get banned. the only time something happens on this forum for kix
    Bend over players. Mr preece is coming to screw you out of more money
  • TsunamiXB
    TsunamiXB
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 759
    please give me a few weeks to get things sorted before casting stones.  Thanks.
    Let's do it in a simpler way. Could you answer a basic question?
    What happened to the coin confirmation button that was announced by a kixeye employee in this thread: https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/659675
    Thanks in advance.
  • Khemul
    Khemul
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2016 Posts: 1,436

@KIXEYE Swag said:

In theory, yes. In practise though;
    1) you eliminate the individual discussion and move it to a big overall discussion where it gets lost with others. People do not like this, as should have been obvious last time it was done a couple months ago.

2) people don't know this is policy so all they see is their thread disappearing, so you end up dealing with a bunch of "where did my post go?" Which defeats the purpose of decluttering entirely.

3) your first page is now flooded with merged/moved thread tags, which I guess fixes problem #2 but defeats the point of decluttering again.

You're really better off leaving sll the clutter. Because trying to force order on it just causes even more chaos and bad feelings between Kixeyw and the community.

• Crazybaker49085
    Crazybaker49085
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 683

There's enough tension already in the community against the devs, cms and mods...this whole God Mode actions by the mods just made it worse. Please take care of this before there's no one left to moderate

This discussion has been closed.