Meet Your New Community Manager...

• STORM_BREAKER
    STORM_BREAKER
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 1,920

@Crazybaker49085 said:
    swag, how do you plan on getting around the corporate suits who shut the last CM up?  they didnt like him being honest and open with us, so how do you plan on doing that?

Easy... keep away info from us, and be dishonest ;) that's what KIX want their CMs to be... it's not CMs fault if they keep us in the dark, but the company's fault...

• RustyRobot
    RustyRobot
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 1,206
    Welcome.

You asked for feedback, so here's some:

Someone posted this image of the prizes for the Alien Mobilization event happening in less than two days:

Can we get some -- any at all -- information on new event prizes before an event starts? 

Level: 66
    Hours: 2,610
    Hand Crafted Mk. E Ships: 2
  • rab68w
    rab68w
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 612

Ya know I've always heard SWAG stands for something whitepeople ain't got...considering kixeye is ran by Australians...I pray this isn't true. Lol

• ChildOfPsycho
    ChildOfPsycho
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 138

@RustyRobot said:
    Welcome.

Someone posted this image of the prizes for the Alien Mobilization event happening in less than two days:

Can we get some -- any at all -- information on new event prizes before an event starts? 

Could it be that these boxes grant instant credits rather than bps? Wouldn't make sense to give polaron ray bps in an event. Then again... #kixeyelogic

I may start playing again if I could get a vigi credit.

• sleuthyRogue
    sleuthyRogue
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 1,144

@RustyRobot said:
    Welcome.

Could it be that these boxes grant instant credits rather than bps? Wouldn't make sense to give polaron ray bps in an event. Then again... #kixeyelogic

It's reusable tech, same up/down arrow symbol for resistance armor won in Civil Wars. So there will still be some build time and resource cost required, but you can swap it up to wherever you want if the meta changes later on.
  • ChildOfPsycho
    ChildOfPsycho
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 138

@sleuthyRogue said:
    ChildOfPsycho said:

@RustyRobot said:

Welcome.

It's reusable tech, same up/down arrow symbol for resistance armor won in Civil Wars. So there will still be some build time and resource cost required, but you can swap it up to wherever you want if the meta changes later on.

So then the ship hulls are just the BPs?

• RustyRobot
    RustyRobot
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 1,206

@sleuthyRogue said:
    ChildOfPsycho said:

@RustyRobot said:

Welcome.

So then the ship hulls are just the BPs?

I assumed that the hulls were built hulls, not the BPs for them. 
    Level: 66
    Hours: 2,610
    Hand Crafted Mk. E Ships: 2
  • RyantheRed
    RyantheRed
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 610
    Well I mean I'll give Swag the benefit of the doubt. I sure hope getting someone named swag to be the community manager isnt Kixeye's new marketing tatic
  • Richard Augustine
    Richard Augustine
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2016 Posts: 337

SWAG are you going to keep going with the forum lore or is that going to stop with the disembark of LXC?

• Richard Augustine
    Richard Augustine
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2016 Posts: 337

Contests (forgot the most important word)

• Dirty Mix
    Dirty Mix
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 787

is SWAG really that LXC Pinocchio trying to get some credibility back?

if not welcome SWAG!
  • bucketofmayo
    bucketofmayo
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 20
    Same Wankery, Another Guy
  • professional4135
    professional4135
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 782
    Surely Will Annoy Gamers
  • Alexander22246
    Alexander22246
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 275

Welcome SWAG hope u do a good job

• Church Sasha
    Church Sasha
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 6
    No¡ Get LXC back  :'(
  • ironix
    ironix
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 388
    so you are that dude who is gonna fix the droprate of craftgear?

well first i gotta thank kix for gaining me 12 core boxes tier 4. and for the 11 T2 cores i had gotten and one t3 desytroyer core.
    whoopdywoop.

hope u gonna read all our ****.
    no comment....
  • ChandraArgentis
    ChandraArgentis
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 1,120
    edited 6 Oct 2016, 9:45PM
    sere123 said:

Welcome SWAG

Please try to add something to the game that is missing completely

TRANSPARENCY

We never know what happened or is going to happen. Even obvious changes are not commented. Just tell us what is planned BEFORE it is implemented, please.

Absolutely.  Also a lot more warning on everything.  The community pretty much agrees that we all need more of a heads up accross the board.  IMO, this especially includes refit events.  We need a minimum of a 10 day warning for those.  The players all voted and wanted longer calendars, but I haven't seen anything come of this.

https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/630105/p1
  • touche6784
    touche6784
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 477
    You can start by ditching Supersonic for your advertisement for coins vendor because they suck.  Many occasions of coins not being delivered for watching videos, offers are impossible to complete, incorrect links, use of fraudulent websites, and horrible CS.  Find someone else to manage this if you want this to be a part of VC's future.  Please do not indulge BV please.  Everyone but them knows why.  Although you have already fallen behind on this, please provide information regarding the game in a timely manner.  The refit bonuses need to be known ahead of time as most players that really could use them usually build ships that take several days to complete empty.  We also need info on events in a timely manner and with sufficient data, ie for the alien mobilization mini event we have received minimal info making it difficult to decide the worthiness of the prizes and attempting the event.  If you want to surpass your predecessor you  need to be much better with communicating with your game community.  Some people on the forum are quite needy so I won't blame you for ignoring them, but there certainly needs to be a greater involvement from the CMS on providing information.  Even if there is no information to provide a simple acknowledgement by Kixeye and the CMs would do alot to aleviate the perception that Kixeye and the CMs do not care about its game community.  As of now, your community has very little trust and respect in the CMs and Kixeye.  You will have to work hard to regain that trust and respect.  I really hope you can make this game as good as it should be.
  • Cursed Light
    Cursed Light
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2016 Posts: 13
    edited 10 Oct 2016, 7:30AM
    i want to know where is his response to all these comments i thought he was tryin to be better...............what a load of horseawesome again kixeye wankers doin what they do i guess
  • ChandraArgentis
    ChandraArgentis
    Incursion Leader
    edited 6 Oct 2016, 9:48PM
    You can start by ditching Supersonic for your advertisement for coins vendor because they suck.  Many occasions of coins not being delivered for watching videos, offers are impossible to complete, incorrect links, use of fraudulent websites, and horrible CS.  Find someone else to manage this if you want this to be a part of VC's future.  Please do not indulge BV please.  Everyone but them knows why.  Although you have already fallen behind on this, please provide information regarding the game in a timely manner.  The refit bonuses need to be known ahead of time as most players that really could use them usually build ships that take several days to complete empty.  We also need info on events in a timely manner and with sufficient data, ie for the alien mobilization mini event we have received minimal info making it difficult to decide the worthiness of the prizes and attempting the event.  If you want to surpass your predecessor you  need to be much better with communicating with your game community.  Some people on the forum are quite needy so I won't blame you for ignoring them, but there certainly needs to be a greater involvement from the CMS on providing information.  Even if there is no information to provide a simple acknowledgement by Kixeye and the CMs would do alot to aleviate the perception that Kixeye and the CMs do not care about its game community.  As of now, your community has very little trust and respect in the CMs and Kixeye.  You will have to work hard to regain that trust and respect.  I really hope you can make this game as good as it should be.

Absolutely.  On average, I only get coins from watching videos 2/3 of the time, and I'm still missing ~2,000 coins from them.  I submitted a ticket about a week ago and haven't heard a word from them yet.
    Absolutely.  By all means, don't take BV or Mani's word as gospel.  
    With how long build times are, a month's heads up on major events is a must-have.

In short, I agree with everything in this post.
  • Alexander Botello
    Alexander Botello
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2016 Posts: 2

Nice to meet you Swag,

• Whiskey_Danger
    Whiskey_Danger
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 34

Bring back LXC

• joseph stone0
    joseph stone0
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 94

Its all crap!!

• ChandraArgentis
    ChandraArgentis
    Incursion Leader
    edited 7 Oct 2016, 10:37PM
    We also really need our devs to be available during events.  

This crap where they start an event and then go on vacation halfway through is BS.  We should have devs active Thursday-Monday, then off on Tuesday/Wednesday.  That way they can address issues when they happen, not try to deal with fallout after its all said and done.
  • RedBaron042
    RedBaron042
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 1,062

That's about the size of it now...
    http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc121/RedBaron0/newderpl_zps7srhkzjr.png
  • NotactuallyDeadshot
    NotactuallyDeadshot
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 71

Hi swag. I coasted through several sectors wow talk about sectors as dead zones! What is kix going to do to fix this disaster of an event? Since you have a second one of these disasters planned for the 21st!

All the best.. Sorry this happened so soon after your appointment.

• NotactuallyDeadshot
    NotactuallyDeadshot
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 71

Looks like another long time player lvl 46 in our group just perma bailed the game.. Wonder how many they lost with this horrible event!

• warmachine123
    warmachine123
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 278

@NotactuallyDeadshot said:
    Looks like another long time player lvl 46 in our group just perma bailed the game.. Wonder how many they lost with this horrible event!

This. I don't think anyone at Kixeye understands how many people are / were on the edge and they just sent them over. Well done.

This discussion has been closed.