• jahjah80
    jahjah80
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 10
    edited 4 Oct 2016, 11:37PM
    SkyBuster said:

Hello,

got some questions for you!

What happened to the Coin feature button?

Are you planning on helping to revive long range projectile weapons and fix outdated phased effects, all in all bring better balance to the game?

Are you going to continue the lore code riddles? (We like them a lot)

Will you try to get a council working or at least stay in touch with Battle Vortex?

What about base defence buffs (highly requested)?

Do you stil play Vega and know the strenghts and weaknesses of the current state of the (end)game?

Is Paul Preece still working on Vega?

What's your favorite food and do you also live in Australia?

Welcome (back)!

Answering those questions will be a good start. Also is there any chance that we will see lowered crafting bonus offers price? 200$ coin deals are outrageous.
  • Windblood
    Windblood
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2011 Posts: 240
    Outsource game number balancing to players. Have a group of top tier players look at what weapons (and specials etc) are weak/strong for their mass and tech level and let them adjust accordingly. I can only think of one weapon to be rebalanced in the past year (vector) and it was a huge change. We could do with more smaller changes. I'm sure you have plenty of people that would love to micromanage the crap out of balancing the game.

Always underestimate what you can deliver to the players to keep us pleasantly surprised.

Want to instantly win our approval? Tell us exactly what the numbers behind the carrier fields are.
  • bluebird01
    bluebird01
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 520

Same Swag from the early days of war commander? Please do the voice overs in vega event vids! You have the best voice

lvl45

GOAT

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Death Row
    Death Row
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 452
    Greetings Rebels, my name is SWAG and I have the esteemed honor of taking the reins as your new Community Manager for VEGA Conflict.  I say “new” but some of you might recognize me as one of the first Community Managers at KIXEYE, going back to 2011 on games like Battle Pirates.  Subsequently, I produced a lot of community-focused video content including some of the very first videos for VEGA Conflict.

After a short sabbatical, I have returned to the fray to be your advocate in helping to shape the future of VEGA Conflict and its dedicated community.  To me, the players have always come first and I can assure you that thought is ever-present in my mind.

However, actions speak louder than words.  I have sync'd with the stakeholders on the VC team and the wheels are already turning on initiatives to keep you more informed on their plans and how to improve on processing your feedback.

So, how can you help?  For now, just keep doing what you're currently doing.  I'll be asking question in the in-game chat, reading your forum posts, watching online video shows like Battle Vortex and more to collect feedback on how to make VC even better.

Evolution doesn't happen overnight but in the coming weeks and months I plan on delivering tangible results to you.  The future of VEGA Conflict and its community is blazingly bright and I will do everything in my power to ensure it.

That's it for now but expect to hear a lot more in the near future.

- SWAG
    welcome swag
    No photo description available.
  • DirtyDuckofDoom
    DirtyDuckofDoom
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 292

Nice to meet you. I really hope you can do great things for this game because we're gonna need it.

Photo
  • No..Beard
    No..Beard
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2010 Posts: 3,793
    Welcome @Swag.

Will you be giving away more tape?

BP ID: 1038         WC ID: 1476        VC ID: 18589     Tome ID: 3698   

• Junren-JS
    Junren-JS
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 1,591
    Welcome to the post, Swag.  Best of luck on the new position and may the tempest and fury of the forums be something you can weather.  I look forward to your work. 
    Burning all your bridges means that sooner or later you're alone on an island, bereft of allies or means to get anywhere.  Seek to build bridges in all things, treat even your opponents with respect.  Crush them only when there is no other recourse and they hinder your movement forward. 
  • professional4135
    professional4135
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 782
    edited 5 Oct 2016, 12:56AM
    Uh...hey, I guess.

Sorry SWAG. It's been a rough breakup. Can't say I'm happy at what led to you becoming our new community manager.

*kicks a rock and wanders off dejectedly*
    Please can everyone know what happened?... As a community we deserve to at least know why.
  • ChildOfPsycho
    ChildOfPsycho
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 138
    Uh...hey, I guess.

Sorry SWAG. It's been a rough breakup. Can't say I'm happy at what led to you becoming our new community manager.

*kicks a rock and wanders off dejectedly*
    My thoughts exactly. I can't reasonably say I have negative feelings for SWAG in particular. But I have very very very very very very very very very very very very very VEEEEEERY negative feelings towards kixeye in general, at the moment. Also, I'm salty about LXC.

BUT!

I am crossing my fingers that you, SWAG, bring a revolution to this game. I haven't logged in for 3 days now... would love to feel some motivation to do so. 
  • Cool18123
    Cool18123
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2015 Posts: 5
    How will you communicate to the player base not only off of Kixeye form but by any other means like a facebook page or restarting the high council to see what the player base have to say?
  • GM IamBetterThenUNob
    GM IamBetterThenUNob
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 158
    edited 5 Oct 2016, 1:21AM
    What are KIxeye future plans for vega conflict, what they try to archieve with new tech, events and update. Will gameplay stay same like - wreck your 5-6 fleet and wait 5 days or they bring in some constant gameplay that everybody can enjoy? 

Edit: Does LXC still work in kixeye? Like you guys just switched forum managment to another person who had less work on daily job. If  forum trolls get to much of you, kixeye rotates someone else into this job again, then again and again? Who all know how game will be developed but alweys avoid to tell it - and end up giving false hopes to community.
  • ShadowGodOfWar
    ShadowGodOfWar
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 262

If Kixeye change their minds on a feature that was announced, it has to be taken back in a way other than being whispered into a hole in the ground or written on a slip of paper thrown into a well. We still get people asking almost every day about commander supply runs and we were never told, just ignored, when fleets were suddenly changed during an event not too long ago.

• Hallack
    Hallack
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 1,085

Good luck Swag. This is a tough crowd.

A lot of the player feedback is valid, even if provided in a less than positive way. Please look at fixing repair times so that it doesn't cost as much as a meal to repair a couple of fleets. In my opinion this is the single biggest challenge to having more PVP in the game.

• GDIAX
    GDIAX
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 3,264

@KIXEYE Swag said:
    Greetings Rebels, my name is SWAG and I have the esteemed honor of taking the reins as your new Community Manager for VEGA Conflict.  I say “new” but some of you might recognize me as one of the first Community Managers at KIXEYE, going back to 2011 on games like Battle Pirates.  Subsequently, I produced a lot of community-focused video content including some of the very first videos for VEGA Conflict.

After a short sabbatical, I have returned to the fray to be your advocate in helping to shape the future of VEGA Conflict and its dedicated community.  To me, the players have always come first and I can assure you that thought is ever-present in my mind.

However, actions speak louder than words.  I have sync'd with the stakeholders on the VC team and the wheels are already turning on initiatives to keep you more informed on their plans and how to improve on processing your feedback.

So, how can you help?  For now, just keep doing what you're currently doing.  I'll be asking question in the in-game chat, reading your forum posts, watching online video shows like Battle Vortex and more to collect feedback on how to make VC even better.

Evolution doesn't happen overnight but in the coming weeks and months I plan on delivering tangible results to you.  The future of VEGA Conflict and its community is blazingly bright and I will do everything in my power to ensure it.

• SWAG

Hey SWAG, Thanks for those good informative Videos you've made in the past!

Hope you can continue the work LXC has started.

Admiral and Head Intelligence Officer of the Frontier Liberation Army.

VEGA Conflict Wiki: vega-conflict.wikia.com
    NPC Target Infographics Database: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_EKMu0UVmG0219GrfHUkqZz-aDovGv9r

Practically all the information you need for the game.
  • GDIAX
    GDIAX
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 3,264

@GDIAX said:

@KIXEYE Swag said:

• SWAG

Hey SWAG, Thanks for those good informative Videos you've made in the past!

Hope you can continue the work LXC has started.

Oh n ps hope you are able to post the hgh res art of the new ships every event, many of us like that :)

Admiral and Head Intelligence Officer of the Frontier Liberation Army.

VEGA Conflict Wiki: vega-conflict.wikia.com
    NPC Target Infographics Database: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_EKMu0UVmG0219GrfHUkqZz-aDovGv9r

Practically all the information you need for the game.
  • default1392
    default1392
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 483
    Yada Yada, enough of the pleasantries and fluff. 

What are you going to do make Vega great(ish) again?

We don't need this style of CM'ing around here. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8fHh7n-hs8
  • Gabe Carmody
    Gabe Carmody
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 210

@Gabe Carmody said:

Good way to start off is replying to feedback.
    Welcome.

I guess I didn't elaborate. Reply to feedback in other threads that are not by you and/or about you. Post a running list of ideas you will bring to the team, give us time frames of future improvements, shed some light on the LXC situation, etc.
    Please tell me you've read the other threads before posting a "howdy neighbor" thread. You should have probably done a little leg work before that. Have something to bring to the table, you know? It is now your table...

• Radiatedmilo
    Radiatedmilo
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 289
    swag, u have big shoes to fill ill say that right now, i will reserve my judgement of u till a later date upon witch i have a solid base to base my thoughts upon, i only hope u can help us players and help kixeye from there self's as times goes on, id very much love to see a well balanced game focused on players and not what seems to be currently focused  on more, the coins side of things, that being said, welcome to the vega-verse once again, i hope u can get to grasps with end game vega fast as a lvl 33 base does not stand up to that mark these days, and i hope u can give us the answers we all want, mainly so far is what happened to the coin confirmation button we all wanted and witch lxc was about to deliver till his un-timely leaving :/ also as a side note, ik that i and a few players may want this and it is something that should be able to be done faster then most things but, a single post with all high res tech and ship art's on it, i my self have had a hard time tracking it all down and would love to have all of the high res snaps one day, that is at least something that should be able to be done and not be against some kixeye rule or what not i hope. i wait to see how this plays out, the balls in your court now swag, don't miss the mark i hope and welcome to the next few years of probable(pending how kixeye and u go with new tech and balancing and listening to player base ect.) hell in the vega-verse, i hope u are prepared for this as ive been enduring this game for more then my fair share of being massed with these days and still not spent a dime on this game XD
  • default1392
    default1392
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 483

... It is now your table...

This discussion has been closed.