Fighters VS Fighters

OrcaLord26
OrcaLord26
Potential Threat
Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 68

Wouldn't it be cool if fighters could fight each other too, I mean for example your enemy carrier sends it's fighters, and you also have a carrier, and your carrier would send it's fighters to counter them. Also have an option to control them, so if you don't like to fight the fighters, command them to attack the targeted ship

• OrcaLord26
    OrcaLord26
    Potential Threat

I'm talking about the carriers in Vega Conflict game

• Richard Augustine
    Richard Augustine
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2016 Posts: 337

Would be interesting

• RedBaron042
    RedBaron042
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 1,062

Would certainly be more realistic... Having squadrons defend their carrier, cuz you know if it goes boom, then you can't land your fighter anywhere and you die.

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc121/RedBaron0/newderpl_zps7srhkzjr.png
  • Robotech Mastr
    Robotech Mastr
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 147
    This would be awesome!
    Rick: Uh...Nobody's perfect, Commander.
    Roy: You haven't changed a bit, have you? Well, this isn't your dad's amateur flying circus. My men are real pilots.
    Rick: I'm gonna have to make you eat those words, Commander. Coming in.
  • Ballsy U N I C O R N
    Ballsy U N I C O R N
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 495

Would be cool if the had a anti-squadron... squadron. I think about this every time my rag dies LOL

http://i.imgur.com/80deZPv.png
  • OrcaLord26
    OrcaLord26
    Potential Threat

Speaking of aliens, how about the fighters fight the aliens fighters too, might be out number, but still. It should be interesting. Btw, can I use two carriers in one fleet? I mean I don't have carriers yet, but for future reference.

• Nigromancer
    Nigromancer
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 55

Have you ear about interceptors squadrons ?they do their job but only with the enemy shoots...
    Other posibility, could be if you target enemy carrier and it is out of the range of your carrier, your own will send squadrons to targeted enemy carrier squadrons. A bit more complex but much more control.

• Ghandiplz
    Ghandiplz
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2016 Posts: 171

fighter squadrons should stay near carrier and attack ships and squadrons that got in a specific range unless the player issued an attack order.

interceptor squadrons should actively attack squadrons first before attacking ships.

• OrcaLord26
    OrcaLord26
    Potential Threat

@Manoochehr Ebrahimi said:
    Btw, can I use two carriers in one fleet?

That was a silly question to ask huh?

• RedBaron042
    RedBaron042
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 1,062

I actually made a well thought out suggestion along the lines of what most are suggesting here that is over in that forum. It's probably still on the first page, cuz no one goes there... It really is a void over there.

Realism in Vega. Ha, that's a good one.

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc121/RedBaron0/newderpl_zps7srhkzjr.png
  • OrcaLord26
    OrcaLord26
    Potential Threat

Wouldn't it be cool if fighters could fight each other too, I mean for example your enemy carrier sends it's fighters, and you also have a carrier, and your carrier would send it's fighters to counter them. Also have an option to control them, so if you don't like to fight the fighters, command them to attack the targeted ship

(Just making it golden) -.-

• Brent Burton
    Brent Burton
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2016 Posts: 40

How is that a silly question? No you cannot have two carriers but how is he supposed to know that. That's why he's asking if you said can I take the carrier out of the game and wear it as a hat that would be a silly question

• Ericknator
    Ericknator
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 189

Speaking of aliens, how about the fighters fight the aliens fighters too, might be out number, but still. It should be interesting. Btw, can I use two carriers in one fleet? I mean I don't have carriers yet, but for future reference.

would be super mega extremely OP

• Ericknator
    Ericknator
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 189

@Brent Burton said:

How is that a silly question? No you cannot have two carriers but how is he supposed to know that. That's why he's asking if you said can I take the carrier out of the game and wear it as a hat that would be a silly question

Ragnahat!

• Spask Crondusk
    Spask Crondusk
    Master Tactician
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 2,287

Lol all we need is a turrent that flank and kill all carrier squadrons. Like a explosive weapon that repel all incoming attack or reflect them to the attacker with bonus damage by X%. We need weapon that counter weapons not just only ships.

• Ghandiplz
    Ghandiplz
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2016 Posts: 171

@Spask Crondusk said:
    Lol all we need is a turrent that flank and kill all carrier squadrons. Like a explosive weapon that repel all incoming attack or reflect them to the attacker with bonus damage by X%. We need weapon that counter weapons not just only ships.

we already got that.
    remember brim something?

• OrcaLord26
    OrcaLord26
    Potential Threat

@Brent Burton said:

Thank you for that, I really appreciate it :)

• OrcaLord26
    OrcaLord26
    Potential Threat

@Spask Crondusk said:

I have seen players able to take down squadrons with powerful ships and turents. I was just thinking it would've been more fun if squadrons could fight each other too. I do see your point though, I appreciate your feedback.

• Spask Crondusk
    Spask Crondusk
    Master Tactician
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 2,287

@Ghandiplz said:

@Spask Crondusk said:

we already got that.
    remember brim something?

Lol no that weapon is not good one bro. For example I shoot out like 6 concentrated missile that is like scattered missile and you shot a glad missile at me. The missile on my weapon shoots out debris of trash that block out your glads projectile weapon as it damage your ship shield the most then your health but with a decent damage.

• OrcaLord26
    OrcaLord26
    Potential Threat

Now that I look at the alien event, I think this idea would really help

• OrcaLord26
    OrcaLord26
    Potential Threat

@Emax-1222 said:
    .... squadrons can attack other squadrons.

Hi guys

Going to present some numbers and make my case that the way carrier squadrons work are in dire need of an overhaul.

First, let us consider the terminology being used.  In modern warfare terms, the distinction between fighters, bombers, and interceptors has become more and more blurred as far as aircraft roles are concerned.  One would expect in the Vegaverse of the future that these distinctions may even become more blurred.  However, for the sake of game balance, there needs to be pros and cons to any given tech, and some older stereotypes may be useful to keep in mind.

Bombers are generally long range, high payload, limited maneuverability.  For hitting large targets.
    Fighters are generally fast, highly maneuverable, and small.  For hitting air-to-air targets.
    Interceptors are light, fast, long range and high performance.  Designed to stop enemy aircraft such as bombers before they reach their target.

According to the in game descriptions, the intention did not stray too far from these models:

"The Bomber Squadron is outfitted with high-power Explosive weapons for maximum damage against armored foes."
    "The Fighter Squadron is made up of fast, close-range ships. They are equipped with Energy weapons for high burst damage."
    "The Interceptor Squadron is especially designed for long-range combat.
    Its ships come fitted with Projectile weapons."

Now, lets look at the 5 relevant performance stats of squadrons (DPS, health, flight time, scramble range, speed).  For simplicity I will use tier 3 for each comparison.  I will rank each squadron from "best" to "worst" in each field:

DPS

Bomber - 154 DPS
    Fighter - 110 DPS
    Interceptor - 96 DPS

Health

Bomber - 750
    Interceptor - 650
    Fighter - 500

Flight time

Interceptor - 30 sec
    Bomber - 25 sec
    Fighter - 15 sec

Scramble Range

Interceptor - 9000m
    Bomber - 8500m
    Fighter - 7500m

Speed

Fighter - 2000 m/s
    Bomber - 1500 m/s
    Interceptor - 1200 m/s

Looks good right?  Using the above models, these numbers seem to correlate with the roles of each given designation (the exception being speed, in which the interceptor should be faster than the bomber in my opinion)

Here is the problem though... squadrons cannot attack one another! they can only attack LARGE targets.  Basically the only mission that all three types of squadron get to fly are bombing missions.  Which is why the bomber is the top performer, hands down.  Its stats are the best for the only function squadrons are allowed.

Instead of "paper/scissor/rock", or specific usefulness to each type of squadron, we have a clear "best".... just use bombers because they have the best DPS and health, and come in second in flight, range and speed.  (why ever use a fighter?.. it only has top speed, and is 2nd dps, worst performer in the rest)

What I propose is that squadrons are given the capacity to attack one another, when within scramble range.  But with some twists.  We can still click to "focus fire" and direct squadrons to specific targets, however, if not otherwise directed, squadrons should each be given their own "behavior" as follows:

-Fighters will attack other fighters, bombers, and interceptors, then enemy ships and structures. Basically they are mediocre, but can fight everything at close range.
    -Interceptors will prioritize enemy bomber squadrons, then attack ships and structures.  This allows interceptors to be the hard counter to bombers, but still capable of damaging ships at range.
    -Bombers will ONLY attack ships and structures.  Let them keep the superior stats such as DPS and hitpoints.  Heck, buff them even more.  But they can only attack ships and modules, making them vulnerable to fighters and interceptors as a counter.

Depth of strategy in ship building will radically change, as will battle dynamics.

Currently... players simply cram as many bomber squadrons into the carrier as will fit.

But now players will have to rethink their tactics.  Carrying only bombers is great offense but what if the opponent has unanswered fighters and interceptors which will be able to neutralize your attack?  Mixing squadron types will grant different results besides utilizing your mass.  Carrier vs carrier combat will take on whole new dimensions.

And let us not forget, that base squadrons are on the horizon as well....

• OrcaLord26
    OrcaLord26
    Potential Threat

I got this from Emax-1222. I agree with him completely and I couldn't explain better

• genkhis
    genkhis
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 64

would be cool if they add anti squadron capabilities to our carriers like for example we can equip aurora level 3s to our carriers that would be cool or make a module specialize in killing squadrons, in real life aircraft carriers have both anti ship and anti air capabilities. just an idea dont mind me lol. imagination kicks in.

• Richard Augustine
    Richard Augustine
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2016 Posts: 337

@genkhis said:
    would be cool if they add anti squadron capabilities to our carriers like for example we can equip aurora level 3s to our carriers that would be cool or make a module specialize in killing squadrons, in real life aircraft carriers have both anti ship and anti air capabilities. just an idea dont mind me lol. imagination kicks in.

I agree we should have a type of defense even if it's a single slot

• OrcaLord26
    OrcaLord26
    Potential Threat

@genkhis said:

That's a good idea too

• PhantomRanger
    PhantomRanger
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 270
    Bombers attack ships.
    Interceptors beat bombers. Short range following distance. High Damage. Can fight Fighters/Squadrons.
    Fighters/squadrons (what ever they're called) beat bombers. Higher following range. lower damage. Can fight Interceptors.

Suicide Bombers: Bombers with Unstable Core. JK. Screw that.

Just ideas.
  • SkarR2
    SkarR2
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 19

I think raider squads shoukd be used as that because of short range and thier speed and dps

Bombers attack ships.
    Interceptors beat bombers. Short range following distance. High Damage. Can fight Fighters/Squadrons.
    Fighters/squadrons (what ever they're called) beat bombers. Higher following range. lower damage. Can fight Interceptors.

I agree with this idea.  The general idea that wings/squadrons should be able to hit each other should not be a discussion, it should have already been a fact.  Having a fleet bay that launches ships, its squadrons should be able to defend itself.  A carrier that launches ships, should be able to take out the incoming wings.  If the big ones can target the little ones, why can't the little ones target the little ones?

I like the dynamic suggested:  Bombers hit ships, interceptors hit ships and wings, fighters hit wings

• OrcaLord26
    OrcaLord26
    Potential Threat

@PhantomRanger said:
    Bombers attack ships.

Suicide Bombers: Bombers with Unstable Core. JK. Screw that.

Just ideas.

Ty, any Ideas on this topic will help, anything to make it work XD