Can we talk about Armored Thrusters

ChandraArgentis
ChandraArgentis
Incursion Leader
Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 1,120
I started doing some theory crafting today around the new Armored Thrusters vs Fusion and discovered something a tad surprising (to me).

I will only be looking at the level 3 versions of each, because, face it, that's all you'll use in the endgame.

Fusion: 10% mass
Armored: 14% mass
That is a difference of 4%.

Armored gives 1035 health.  This is just shy of Zynth 4's 1150 health, making it a good comparison.
Zynth 4 weighs 335 mass.

Weight values (for a fully laden ship)
Hellfire Mk1: 400
Hellfire Mk2: 420
Hellfire Mk3: 440
Hellfire Mk4: 460
Hellfire Mk5: 480

Speed testing of Fusion vs Armored shows that you have to go almost the entire distance from the center to the edge of the map to gain a ship-length lead on Fusion.

Conclusion:  Unless you need that health boost, you're better off with fusion, as it's more mass efficient, and that really sucks.
In my opinion, given the rarity level of Armored Thrusters, they should have been 12-13%, not 14%.  13% puts them on par with Zynth, while 12% makes them better.
  • magnate1776
    magnate1776
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 4
    armored thruster is equal to rear 4.5 PLUS zyn 3.36. so... no fusion 3 is NOT more weight efficient

• magnate1776
    magnate1776
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 4
    so beacause I disagree with you, you try to mark it as a troll post? grow up kid
  • ChandraArgentis
    ChandraArgentis
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 1,120
    so beacause I disagree with you, you try to mark it as a troll post? grow up kid

Not at all.  I was going to reply, but your poor punctuation, grammar, and lack of basic math skills led me to assume it was simply a troll post.  This conclusion cam because any 5th grader could tell you that 335+1000=1,335 (Zynth 4+Fusion 3), and is less mass than 1,400 (Armored Thrusters 3). 

To further break it down for you (since you seem to struggle with basic math):

Zynth4/Fusion3     Armored 3
    Hellfire Mk1:           1,335                 1,400
    Hellfire Mk2:           1,385                 1,470
    Hellfire Mk3:           1,435                 1,540
    Hellfire Mk4:           1,485                 1,610
    Hellfire Mk5:           1,535                 1,680

As I originally stated, you can clearly see that Fusion 3 is the more efficient way to go.  Armored 3 would only benefit you if you aren't trying to max out your health.
  • TheHolyAsdf
    TheHolyAsdf
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 1,389
    Good analysis, but I think the innefficient isn't a big deal. Mark V Demon Corps ships have tonnes of room and even more room made available by weapon weight reductions. 
  • RalfFr
    RalfFr
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 255
    Good analysis, but pointless conclusion as its designed to cover the missing armour slot... Cov with 3 armour slots not 4, hellfire has 1 not 2, etc, etc... this makes them level on armour to vsec/vega fleet but more fire power...

Also seems kixeye evening up the ISC weapon reduction with the unstable reactor coming out to turn them into bombs...

the thursters 'inefficiency' is so small that 50-150 extra mass makes no difference - but allows DC to stop being paper thin...

[xLMFx] Ƙıƞgsɱaɳ

#TeamDerpVoidMuffin