strategy to end all strategies

R4b1dG04t
R4b1dG04t
Minor Nuisance
Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 282

Spend money.
That is all. This game is pay to win now.

• ResearchAssistant
    ResearchAssistant
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 10
    Now? What are you talking about? This game has always been pay to win. It's only gotten much worse in the past year.
  • Alexander22246
    Alexander22246
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 275

@R4b1dG04t said:
    Spend money.

@ResearchAssistant said:
    Now? What are you talking about? This game has always been pay to win. It's only gotten much worse in the past year.

Only if u deem it as that I win and I'm a free player for well over a year now I haven't had the trouble so wanting to coin anything

• xcvxvx
    xcvxvx
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2014 Posts: 1,111

@R4b1dG04t said:
    Spend money.

@ResearchAssistant said:

Only if u deem it as that I win and I'm a free player for well over a year now I haven't had the trouble so wanting to coin anything

You are the exception not the rule. 
  • PhantomRanger
    PhantomRanger
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 271
    As much as I hate Coineye (kixeye), the reason this game is pay to win is because you need "strategy." (for fleet combats)
    The game developers don't want you to "Instantly win a PVE with instant repair." Where's the fun in that?
    Strategy = less repair times.

Unless your talking about everything else that requires coins, then yes it is Pay to win/ to progress.
  • Nigromancer
    Nigromancer
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 55

In my opinion, you can play and win without pay. On really, you will win ONLY if you do it without pay. There are thousands of strategies able for every kind of player:

Coiners: High tech and huge fleets but normally without strategy, his statistic are based on huge tech fleets fighting with other huge ships. Easy and quickly way to take points but could be... Expensive.

Main fleet players: users who main only one fleet with their best technology and lot of practice. They sometimes lose their main fleet but they know perfectly how, when and where use it without take too damage versus vega or fvf. This is estressful but they are able to win 60000 points every combat.

Creeper-flood autofleet players: users who send thousands of fleets, seven every few minutes. Fleets prepared to take 0 damage or instant repair after every fight. Those users don't have to handle high tech but they need 7 fleets with 6 ships everyone abd one for every event (civil war, RIOT, demon...). Easy and they count points per minut (ever per second)but the hangar is busy always.

Casual player: play for fun, they like the game and they play when they want. The game is to take a nice time and look something different to work.

Bounty players: play only to take prizes, there are not pleasure rather than take all of them.

What kind of player are you? Practice your own strategy! :smiley:

• Balls on Fire
    Balls on Fire
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 557

Me?
    Me no engrish pley-ya

• GALACTUSX
    GALACTUSX
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 592
    edited 25 Sep 2016, 11:38PM

In my opinion, you can play and win without pay. On really, you will win ONLY if you do it without pay. There are thousands of strategies able for every kind of player:

Main fleet players: users who main only one fleet with their best technology and lot of practice. They sometimes lose their main fleet but they know perfectly how, when and where use it without take too damage versus vega or fvf. This is estressful but they are able to win 60000 points every combat.
     I only pay 5€ at the begining ( right now 1 year and 2 mounths), only for build commerce module, no need to enter more money in this game "kixeye know my reassons :#", and yess, this game like others is Pay-To-Win.

I´m a main-fleet-player; I use my main fleet, 3 furys mk4 + 2 venons mk3 + 1 ragnarok (no mk because KixCrapDrop are too small), and i can do any Cargo VEGA, Vsec and iron StarCrap level witch nearly insta repair ... need to practice more with demon corp.

═══════════════════════════════
       coins do not give experience, practice gives experience   
    ═══════════════════════════════
  • R4b1dG04t
    R4b1dG04t
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 282

Just to clarify, the pay to win here is only really PvP.

• xX-Bull-Xx
    xX-Bull-Xx
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2015 Posts: 487

I use coins only occasionally so I would not consider myself a coiner.

Maxed every event since November last year, was (average) in the top 1.000 during all CWs, can kill every fleet if the setup is right, able to kill highest level fleets (events/VSec/supply runs) without much damage (mostly insta-rep), able to get approx. 300 medals with a little patience.

It does not matter if you fly against a heavy coiner if you can kill his fleets over and over. At some point he/she will kill you but only with a ratio of approx. 5:1. Actually I am having fun stealing money out of someone's pockets.