A Memorial For The Old Backyard Monsters

TheDebater
TheDebater
Greenhorn
Joined Sep 2016 Posts: 8
edited 3 Sep 2016, 3:51AM
I would Like to Hold A memorial Service and A moment of Silence For the Old Titan from before War Commander BACKYARD MONSTERS Which has Now been Shutted Down by Kixeye with it's Forum and game removed from the Kixeye Site and the game Refusing to Open On Facebook SO REST IN PEACE BACKYARD MONSTERS
  • bluepikachu7
    bluepikachu7
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,623
    Dude! This game was the ****! Awesome- I was really sad when they took it down. All that hard work, gone. 
  • Charles6744
    Charles6744
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 1,428
      With Kixeye closing one game I wonder how long before they close this game? 
  • Yard
    Yard
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 11,948
    I loved thinking up designs and trash talking with other alliances back in the day. Great game for its time.
  • Master of Shadows
    Master of Shadows
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2016 Posts: 3,678
    Yard said:
    I loved thinking up designs and trash talking with other alliances back in the day. Great game for its time.
    Still a great game I say. It actually functions correctly compared to most of KIXEYE's other work these days.
  • KrisK
    KrisK
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 2,508
    Yard said:
    Still a great game I say. It actually functions correctly compared to most of KIXEYE's other work these days.
    I don't quite think BYM functions correctly.  It gets pretty laggy and the animations are a lot slower than they were 4-6 years ago.
  • Master of Shadows
    Master of Shadows
    Unicorn Overlord
    KrisK said:
    Yard said:
    I don't quite think BYM functions correctly.  It gets pretty laggy and the animations are a lot slower than they were 4-6 years ago.
    Maybe so, but as far as bugs go, its not as bad as KIXEYE's other works like WC. Sure there are some bugs, but its mostly pretty clean in that regard.
  • KrisK
    KrisK
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 2,508
    KrisK said:
    Yard said:
    Maybe so, but as far as bugs go, its not as bad as KIXEYE's other works like WC. Sure there are some bugs, but its mostly pretty clean in that regard.
    I suppose that's true since WC has its problems.  I'd like to mention though, that BP works pretty good on my end, and while it does get laggy sometimes, it's not too bad.
  • Bondgyrl
    Bondgyrl
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 1

Are you freaking kidding me???? First off I was already pissed they took the game off Facebook seeing as I had most of my lands under my control and had spent heaps of real cash on it. So I bought an iPad to continue said game only to find no transfer and have to start again! Now as I'm getting up in levels and Just Bought More Shiny Last Week !!! I don't get to use it! No warnings or anything either!!! Extremely pissed off as this was by far my favourite game out there!!!! Just suddenly one day it says it can't connect!

• Master of Shadows
    Master of Shadows
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 3 Sep 2016, 11:59PM
    Ya know, when I first went in to check this thread, I just assumed it was one straggling player who decided at random that they wanted to bring back up the topic of BYM just cause.
    Then I go read this.
    Bondgyrl said:

Are you freaking kidding me???? First off I was already pissed they took the game off Facebook seeing as I had most of my lands under my control and had spent heaps of real cash on it. So I bought an iPad to continue said game only to find no transfer and have to start again! Now as I'm getting up in levels and Just Bought More Shiny Last Week !!! I don't get to use it! No warnings or anything either!!! Extremely pissed off as this was by far my favourite game out there!!!! Just suddenly one day it says it can't connect!

And then I actually checked the game on my Facebook today and saw this.

I even tried seeing if I could get a connection through Facebook Arcade as a last ditch effort to see if I could log in. No dice.

Really does look like Backyard Monsters has been completely shut down this time. No remnants left behind of such a great game, its a waste. Now to decide on what to do about War Commander.

This is a real shame too. I had so much fun playing BYM. I spent a good 5 years on it, and heck, it was the reason I signed up for **** Facebook in the first place. KIXEYE truly has no respect for their own works or their playerbases, disgraceful.
  • Initial_Degeneration
    Initial_Degeneration
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 2,853

@Thane_Mantis_3 said:
    Ya know, when I first went in to check this thread, I just assumed it was one straggling player who decided at random that they wanted to bring back up the topic of BYM just cause.
    Then I go read this.
    Bondgyrl said:

I even tried seeing if I could get a connection through Facebook Arcade as a last ditch effort to see if I could log in. No dice.

Really does look like Backyard Monsters has been completely shut down this time. No remnants left behind of such a great game, its a waste. Now to decide on what to do about War Commander.

This is a real shame too. I had so much fun playing BYM. I spent a good 5 years on it, and heck, it was the reason I signed up for **** Facebook in the first place. KIXEYE truly has no respect for their own works or their playerbases, disgraceful.

One of my favorite games of fb is getting deleted on sept 30. Well it survived 4 years thats pretty good i guess.

• Master of Shadows
    Master of Shadows
    Unicorn Overlord

@Thane_Mantis_3 said:
    Then I go read this.
    Bondgyrl said:

One of my favorite games of fb is getting deleted on sept 30. Well it survived 4 years thats pretty good i guess.

What game is that?
  • Initial_Degeneration
    Initial_Degeneration
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 2,853

@Thane_Mantis_3 said:
    Initial_Degeneration said:

@Thane_Mantis_3 said:

Then I go read this.

Bondgyrl said:

What game is that?

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2016/09/01/disney-shutting-down-marvel-avengers-alliance-at-the-end-of-september.aspx

odd thats its finally gonna get shut down. Weeks before the developers were talking about new chapters and a bunch of new content

• Master of Shadows
    Master of Shadows
    Unicorn Overlord

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2016/09/01/disney-shutting-down-marvel-avengers-alliance-at-the-end-of-september.aspx

odd thats its finally gonna get shut down. Weeks before the developers were talking about new chapters and a bunch of new content

Well, things do sadly change. Whilst there was no actual confirmation on KIXEYE's end, if the BYM Wikia is correct, there was meant to be at least 1 more event left in Backyard Monsters called Raise the Dead. But long before any potential word came through from the companies end, October 12th arrived, and with it came the notification that BYM was finished.

Its a shame the game has been completely pulled from Facebook now though. I still had 20 Shiny left to use and some work left to be done. Thankfully I've still got screenshots of my base, so I can remember just how much hard work I put into the game.
  • wyr3d
    wyr3d
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 61
    edited 5 Sep 2016, 8:12AM
    Well that's a kick in the teeth. It seems all remains of my hard work and effort put into playing Backyard Monsters, levelling up my account, designing bases, and forming attack strategies are a handful of videos on my YouTube account that I made a couple summer's ago when I was bored. I feel a bit cheated to be honest. I had a fair whack of shiny still available on my account that I paid real money for - technically that's theft Kixeye :pensive:

But anyway, it's sad to see this awesome game die, while a bunch of other trash remains active >>

Maybe we should start a petition to get it reinstated. Now that it's offline, they can fix the loopholes and hacker exploits, and get the game running again. The fanbase still exists.
    Yar Har Fiddle Di Dee, Do what you want coz a Pirate is Free!

Casualties of war: Moonstompers (Swags)
  • Master of Shadows
    Master of Shadows
    Unicorn Overlord
    wyr3d said:
    Well that's a kick in the teeth. It seems all remains of my hard work and effort put into playing Backyard Monsters, levelling up my account, designing bases, and forming attack strategies are a handful of videos on my YouTube account that I made a couple summer's ago when I was bored.
    Yeah, I can relate man. All of I've got left is a bunch of screenshots of my base. Still, gonna make a pretty sick screensaver when I stitch em all together. I do rather wish I could have finished perfecting my base though, like maxing out a few final towers and so on. Still, even without some of the stuff being maxed (people would never be able to tell anyways) it was a good run regardless.
    wyr3d said:
    I feel a bit cheated to be honest. I had a fair whack of shiny still available on my account that I paid real money for - technically that's theft Kixeye :pensive:
    Your not the only one feeling cheated. Not just because of the money that I spent in this game but the time as well. I must have spent anywhere up to several thousand hours time. It feels like a giant waste.
    wyr3d said:
    But anyway, it's sad to see this awesome game die, while a bunch of other trash remains active >>
    Agreed. **** like War Command remains active despite the fact the game has degenerated to the point where its unrecognisable from what it was several years ago and the fun factor is all but completely gone.
    wyr3d said:
    Maybe we should start a petition to get it reinstated. Now that it's offline, they can fix the loopholes and hacker exploits, and get the game running again. The fanbase still exists.
    Never going to happen. Sad as it was, the game was already well in decline long before it shut down, and any remaining players would have been swept away when it was removed completely from Facebook. A few people including me tried on the BYM Forums to try and get KIXEYE to reverse the decision and nothing came of it.

Besides, I hate to be so negative about it, but would you really want the game back? Considering the current course to self destruction KIXEYE has set itself on, it might be better that the game remain dead. It was lucky enough to die with a reputation relatively well intact (though it was something tarnished by its **** successor.) When KIXEYE's current games like WC die, who's going to care? They'll go leaving a rotten legacy behind.
  • Yard
    Yard
    Unicorn Overlord
    The time I can forgive, any online game can go belly up and that's a risk you take, but they should have stopped taking people's money for that game when they stopped supporting it, or at least made the lack of support clear via a notification in-game. Not outright theft, but certainly scummy and no way to retain customers.
  • Master of Shadows
    Master of Shadows
    Unicorn Overlord
    Yard said:
    The time I can forgive, any online game can go belly up and that's a risk you take, but they should have stopped taking people's money for that game when they stopped supporting it, or at least made the lack of support clear via a notification in-game. Not outright theft, but certainly scummy and no way to retain customers.
    I agree. KIXEYE could have gone about things in a far better way.
    I remember a game I used to play a few years ago on Facebook called Idol Worship (created by IdolGames.) It was a pretty fun, simple God-Sim type game right, however at some point the devs were forces to shut the game down for some reason or another.

Anyways, when the game went down, the devs shut things down right by giving people a full notification on it, as well as providing everyone with a massive amount of tokens (the games premium currency) which basically allowed everyone to have as much fun trying out all the features they might not have been able to purchase otherwise (specifically a good $1000 worth, which was amazing.) Things like special powers that let you create additional islands or sims style natural disasters to destroy opposing players islands or whatever.

As far as Im concerned, that was the right way to put a game to rest. It really let players experience all access to everything the game had to offer at no charge whatsoever. Good way to thanks fans for their support before closing shop. I also remember another game called Zombie Pandemic (created by company, Pixel Pandemic) which also went down sadly. Whilst the devs behind that game never gave everyone essentially unlimited of any premium currency or whatever, I do remember them disabling purchases to avoid anyone spending cash on a dying game, pun not intended lol.

Pity KIXEYE didn't have the same level of decency as other companies like the devs of the aforementioned games. Their just like "**** you, we're closing shop. But feel free to spend any more money if ya want. K, thanks, bye."
  • al244098
    al244098
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 4,162
    *salutes*

I gave farewells to it long ago, but it seems this time its permanent, RIP BYM, also sup fools?

• No..Beard
    No..Beard
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2010 Posts: 3,792
    Image result for bym goodbye

BP ID: 1038         WC ID: 1476        VC ID: 18589     Tome ID: 3698   

• Radiatedmilo
    Radiatedmilo
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 289
    edited 8 Sep 2016, 4:48AM
    i find it funny that bym still runs for me XD although it is sad that after so long they are phasing it out more or less :/
  • Yard
    Yard
    Unicorn Overlord
    Yard said:
    I agree. KIXEYE could have gone about things in a far better way.
    I remember a game I used to play a few years ago on Facebook called Idol Worship (created by IdolGames.) It was a pretty fun, simple God-Sim type game right, however at some point the devs were forces to shut the game down for some reason or another.

Anyways, when the game went down, the devs shut things down right by giving people a full notification on it, as well as providing everyone with a massive amount of tokens (the games premium currency) which basically allowed everyone to have as much fun trying out all the features they might not have been able to purchase otherwise (specifically a good $1000 worth, which was amazing.) Things like special powers that let you create additional islands or sims style natural disasters to destroy opposing players islands or whatever.

As far as Im concerned, that was the right way to put a game to rest. It really let players experience all access to everything the game had to offer at no charge whatsoever. Good way to thanks fans for their support before closing shop. I also remember another game called Zombie Pandemic (created by company, Pixel Pandemic) which also went down sadly. Whilst the devs behind that game never gave everyone essentially unlimited of any premium currency or whatever, I do remember them disabling purchases to avoid anyone spending cash on a dying game, pun not intended lol.

Pity KIXEYE didn't have the same level of decency as other companies like the devs of the aforementioned games. Their just like "**** you, we're closing shop. But feel free to spend any more money if ya want. K, thanks, bye."
    That's good to hear, I assumed the Kixeye method was the more common way of shutting down a game.

al244098 said:
    *salutes*

I gave farewells to it long ago, but it seems this time its permanent, RIP BYM, also sup fools?
    AL!!!!!! Wassup, man?

No..Beard said:
    Image result for bym goodbye

Good times. I kept a horse in my yard for as long as they were included in the game. I also had the DAVE pumpkins from the halloween event.
  • DarkFormer
    DarkFormer
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 97
    Still opens and works for me in facebook when will it be shutdown?
  • Jawahall7
    Jawahall7
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2016 Posts: 3
    Hello I just wanted to know if its possible to get back the backyard monsters account i used to play in tuenti, is that posible? It would be very nice, thank you.
  • No..Beard
    No..Beard
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2010 Posts: 3,792
    This time it is for real ...!

Image result for backyard monsters done

BP ID: 1038         WC ID: 1476        VC ID: 18589     Tome ID: 3698   

• Cristian Vivas
    Cristian Vivas
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2016 Posts: 1
    no puedo entrar a mi juego alguien me puede ayudar
  • Yard
    Yard
    Unicorn Overlord
    no puedo entrar a mi juego alguien me puede ayudar
    Hola, desafortunadamente Backyard Monsters no es funcionamiento ahora. Lo siento.
  • kixeyeuser_380249850_7714_1792309
    kixeyeuser_380249850_7714_1792309
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 1
    im still playing http://prntscr.com/cxry3s
  • AncientViper
    AncientViper
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 11,372
    edited 4 Nov 2016, 1:07AM
    The good memories of Backyard Monsters will always be inside me. Experienced being an empire builder and a jumper back in Map Room 2.
    Experienced the fall of empires and the rise of new ones. As well as being in the leaderboards for looting and watched the a fight between alliances.
    Thrill Kill Society, memories of the glorious BYM days.

I also liked writing stories from a BYM perspective. Being the empire leading, having DAVE Commander, Teratorn Commander, Wormzer Command. So much for the giant crabatron with my horrible Photoshop Skills years ago. 

Started in Rich Server. 

Corrosive Dragons are green.
    Corrosive Dragons are acidic.
    AncientViper is immune to acidic materials and poison.
  • nelson.b.s
    nelson.b.s
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2016 Posts: 1
    hi, i defeat abunakki attack and now every time I open the game the message of congratulations appears and when I click to take it it appears another and this keeps repeating itself and I can not play
  • kixeyeuser_481547660_25627_67197
    kixeyeuser_481547660_25627_67197
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2016 Posts: 1
    I would Like to Hold A memorial Service and A moment of Silence For the Old Titan from before War Commander BACKYARD MONSTERS Which has Now been Shutted Down by Kixeye with it's Forum and game removed from the Kixeye Site and the game Refusing to Open On Facebook SO REST IN PEACE BACKYARD MONSTERS
    it opens in FB for me lol