War Commander - State of the Game (07.2016)

• Biohazard_FUQ
    Biohazard_FUQ
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 35
    TroyW said:
    How about fixing up the new workshop so that you can reduce the level of a component as easy as you can raise it!
    Why would you ever want to reduce a level of a component? 
    here's my take on it.  For instance, let's say you want to have a staggered deployment of units.  Say, the inferno is lead, the growler is behind the inferno, then Legion, then Jerhico.  This allows the leader to take the blunt of the defensive attacks.  It prevent all your units from having similar ranges and clumping together, which makes them all susceptible to splash damage from a single defensive unit/turret.  So if you update the range tech on the aforementioned units, and use the max value of the tech, then they would all clump together.  If you used varying levels of the techs, you could have, say, 20 space between each one, or 30 space, whatever you feel would help prevent them from clumping and all taking damage from a single defensive unit or turret all at once.  For instance, i like having my titan go out in front, with less range than any of my other air, to provide added protection and absorb any initial defensive attacks.  Sure, it may result in a titan that dies faster, but helps pave the way for my ess, hailstorms, cyclones, etc.
    Stop playing attention to the payers, and start paying attention to the players.
  • TroyW
    TroyW
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 3,760
    TroyW said:
    How about fixing up the new workshop so that you can reduce the level of a component as easy as you can raise it!
    Why would you ever want to reduce a level of a component? 
    here's my take on it.  For instance, let's say you want to have a staggered deployment of units.  Say, the inferno is lead, the growler is behind the inferno, then Legion, then Jerhico.  This allows the leader to take the blunt of the defensive attacks.  It prevent all your units from having similar ranges and clumping together, which makes them all susceptible to splash damage from a single defensive unit/turret.  So if you update the range tech on the aforementioned units, and use the max value of the tech, then they would all clump together.  If you used varying levels of the techs, you could have, say, 20 space between each one, or 30 space, whatever you feel would help prevent them from clumping and all taking damage from a single defensive unit or turret all at once.  For instance, i like having my titan go out in front, with less range than any of my other air, to provide added protection and absorb any initial defensive attacks.  Sure, it may result in a titan that dies faster, but helps pave the way for my ess, hailstorms, cyclones, etc.
    I will give you that Staggering Ranges and Fire Rates is useful ... I used to do this with my Hellfires by using different levels of  Tech on them.

This can still be done it just requires planning now.. You just have to attach the tech to unis as you upgrade.. I realize this can't be done if you didn't have the unit until after you upgraded the tech... but ...

I don't know why they changed the ability to "Back Level" the tech other than they simply didn't think of a need like staggering. And once they changed the the whole capacity system it appeared there was no need to ever go back in a level.

I guess they could add this back in .... I don't know how the code was written so I don't know how hard it would be to change to incorporate it back in.

And if they were going to look into do this maybe they could look into a "REMOVE SCHEMATIC" button to be added since you can not attach a schematic with no Tech on it to a unit there is no way to remove a Component without putting some other component on it.....
    In a world of limited tech only schematics where the amounts of components are limited this is not always something that you can do.  At best you end up doing some kind of shell game with rotating components. 

PLUS... and I hate this for some reason ... you can't get the Icon to go away.. lol.. seems petty but its hard enough to keep which Icons go to what schematic set up as it is without having another one to remember that basically stands of "I used to have a schematic on this unit ".

WAR COMMANDER WIKIA

Lead Administrator

• Micaiah Stevens
    Micaiah Stevens
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 2,573
    edited 18 Jul 2016, 6:48PM
    @TroyW

There is a fix for components in the Workshop.  Basically you setup a new design with a icon and name if you choose, but no components.   Instead of choosing Save, you click on Equip, in the upper Menu.  This seems to remove the components after some testing.  I do agree a easier way to manage and do what you want with these components would be nice.   HEY if we on downgrading.  Would be handy to upgrade your turrets, but choose your desired level, got into  a problem when I upgrade my rail, but didn't have the storage, where as I could before with the lower level one, which was still an upgrade. i just hadn't got to it yet.
  • TroyW
    TroyW
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 3,760
    @TroyW

There is a fix for components in the Workshop.  Basically you setup a new design with a icon and name if you choose, but no components.   Instead of choosing Save, you click on Equip, in the upper Menu.  This seems to remove the components after some testing.  I do agree a easier way to manage and do what you want with these components would be nice.   HEY if we on downgrading.  Would be handy to upgrade your turrets, but choose your desired level, got into  a problem when I upgrade my rail, but didn't have the storage, where as I could before with the lower level one, which was still an upgrade. i just hadn't got to it yet.
    That worked!

Thank you.. it still has an icon but I have picked this one as my universal "No Component" icon  because for some reason I hate it lol.

WAR COMMANDER WIKIA

Lead Administrator

• Micaiah Stevens
    Micaiah Stevens
    Unicorn Overlord
    TroyW said:

Thank you.. it still has an icon but I have picked this one as my universal "No Component" icon  because for some reason I hate it lol.
    Did the same with the Kixeye icon, felt good to say default.
  • johnny-walker
    johnny-walker
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 60
    FIX THE ERROR CODE please very annoyed
  • Damionlove 1515
    Damionlove 1515
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 12
    KIXEYE CAN U FIX THIS PROBLEMS FOR ME ? Having problems with my infamy tanks and air meaning each time i put away them and return them they r half health and giving me problems, To put infamy in stronghold and tower meaning onetime i put some in now i cant put back anymore so thats my bug problems BEEN ASKING FOR WEEKS NOW.

• Blade-UK
    Blade-UK
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 1,004
    covehomer said:
    Lithko said:
    6 hours only for sheyla lol no is true  kixeye 
    It reduces the time it is an abuse
    It reduces the time it is an abuse
    Seems my text got wiped. Let's try again: look at above picture in detail. I conclude that we can't talk about "theyouknowwhos" but they can cheerfully post on forums. A hint? He has Sheila but can he hold enough resources? Less "no talking about the .....", more using common sense to get rid of them.  You are welcome
    You can buy an already built Sheila for $4.99, so you don't have to have the resources

Is that true? That's the stupidest thing ever then...quitting now
    thats not first time they done this, so why you so surprised now
    Offering Kara for a price

and 

Offering Sheila as part of Onslaught 

is a GOOD thing for users to get caught up.   I don't see why people would be upset about this.  Users have a massive upgrade path for both of these leaders.   There is a lot of criticism about Kixeye not doing enough for low / mid levels...then they have catch up offers and people get upset.  Seems very hypocritical.  
    What pack did Kara came in, and how much gold was it?
  • grifters
    grifters
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 8
    I was wondering what is going on with loss of sectors, we had gotten a report saying you were going to drop sectors down to 100. If this is the case I know of a lot of players who will quit if this happens. Its getting crazy in our current sector (194) of many clans showing up, along with the hit n runs. Please tell me it isnt so about dropping down to 100 sectors. Thank You for your time. Grifters TWN 194. (I also like to say I like the idea of having another repair dozer)
  • Jokertron1
    Jokertron1
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 458
    grifters said:
    I was wondering what is going on with loss of sectors, we had gotten a report saying you were going to drop sectors down to 100. If this is the case I know of a lot of players who will quit if this happens. Its getting crazy in our current sector (194) of many clans showing up, along with the hit n runs. Please tell me it isnt so about dropping down to 100 sectors. Thank You for your time. Grifters TWN 194. (I also like to say I like the idea of having another repair dozer)
    go back and read it  it was 300 and they said thats not a sure #  and if it makes game play better whats the problem use to be 1 sector

• whiteknight-07
    whiteknight-07
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 298
    grifters said:
    go back and read it  it was 300 and they said thats not a sure #  and if it makes game play better whats the problem use to be 1 sector

300 seems a fair amount, i jumped around and in one sector i was rank 33 with 183 infamy in another i was rank 200, so that tells you one sector was less populated than the other and many other sectors are the same, condensing the sectors is a great idea....
  • CyberToad
    CyberToad
    WC Mod
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 5,963
    Kixeye has not determined how many sectors will be eliminated or how it will be done.   More data needs to be compiled before any decision is made.  All numbers you have seen up to this point are just speculation on the part of the players. 

Kixeye Forum/Chat Moderator

Request Support                           Help Desk                            Cybertoad Chat (discord)
    Report a Suspected Cheater                           Kixeye Forum Rules                            Report Harassment
  • whiteknight-07
    whiteknight-07
    Minor Nuisance
    @CyberToad

when will kixeye reduce the cost of the shiela pack? ie shiela on her own for say 49 gold not 99 like the multi pack one...
  • CyberToad
    CyberToad
    WC Mod
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 5,963
    @CyberToad

when will kixeye reduce the cost of the shiela pack? ie shiela on her own for say 49 gold not 99 like the multi pack one...
    You can suggest it and see if the marketing team thinks its a good idea.

Kixeye Forum/Chat Moderator

Request Support                           Help Desk                            Cybertoad Chat (discord)
    Report a Suspected Cheater                           Kixeye Forum Rules                            Report Harassment
  • Afraz Salim
    Afraz Salim
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 48
    Give us Elite phantom's base o.O , waiting from long time
  • choudhary.bishnu
    choudhary.bishnu
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 13
    dont say it man they will hake it hard like growler base and present you with wrapped in red ribbons....."Here your Phantom base..do it in 14 mins...good luck commaders" 
    something like that!!!
  • Rick_M94
    Rick_M94
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 30
    So you think taking away peoples sectors is a smart move???? there are clans and groups in every sector that call them home. taking those away is just stupid, if you think that doing that and putting groups that are at war in same sector will bring you more profit from gold your wrong, you will lose more players than you think you will make in gold.
  • ayadrambo
    ayadrambo
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 191
    dont say it man they will hake it hard like growler base and present you with wrapped in red ribbons....."Here your Phantom base..do it in 14 mins...good luck commaders" 
    something like that!!!
    Sarkis base with Sarkis as defender.
    Growler base with Growler as defender.

Spectre base with Spectre as defender.
    Titan base with Titan as defender.

--> How can Phantom defend its base? Flying in formation? Flying around and around in a star-shape?
  • whiteknight-07
    whiteknight-07
    Minor Nuisance
    CyberToad said:
    @CyberToad

You can suggest it and see if the marketing team thinks its a good idea.
    well i think that is obvious seeing as there is 2 packs for same price but one has 3 added tech pieces which means either they reduce one or it is a rip off simple logic there lol
  • Grampz
    Grampz
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 45
    Rick_M94 said:
    So you think taking away peoples sectors is a smart move???? there are clans and groups in every sector that call them home. taking those away is just stupid, if you think that doing that and putting groups that are at war in same sector will bring you more profit from gold your wrong, you will lose more players than you think you will make in gold.
    If it helps improve the performance of the game, it is nowhere near stupid. I understand this is to get more people to get involved in wars in a "war game" and will probably get more people to coin, but if the lag is reduced or eliminated, go for it.
    No automatic alt text available.
  • Jokertron1
    Jokertron1
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 458
    a big thanks Kixeye  thanks thanks for the repair hack fix  plz keep it fixed to happy to type

• Grimsayer
    Grimsayer
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 523
    CyberToad
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 2,904
    TREEFORT6 said:
    am sorry but they only have $$$ on their mind why else would a player have to pay to submit a ticket they should put cash player against each other

When support was open and free for all, players use to spam the system to the extreme that Kixeye couldnt sort through all the report.  

Premium support is now for people who have dedicated their hard earned resources ( money ) toward the game. 

??? THE IDEA THAT YOU LET THE GAME SLIDE INTO CHAOS ( AKA. ROACH'S AND SYSTEMIC FAILURE)? JUST NEVER CROSSED YOUR MIND? AS BEING THE REASON FOR THE MASS TICKETING?

All other player who do not get this Premium support still have access to the forums where CS, CMs, the game team and moderators monitor what players need help with.

??? SO NOW A FEW CS, CM'S ARE GOING TOO HANDLE WHAT KIXEYE SUPPORT COULD NOT?

There is always support in one fashion or another. WHO'S SOLE PURPOSE NOW SEEMS TOO BE; TOO JUST CRUSH COMPLAINT? 

this is me:)
  • Coco Andrei
    Coco Andrei
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 240
    i come back after 2 mouth in wc and i see new upgrade new level / build wtf ? we don't want this kixeyee wake up :) we want old game when come with friend and buble enemy , repair in few h a platoon not in a day or 12h ...not alot upgrade , were is the fun ? already i see 40k ppl online who more need to delete this game from favorite to you wake up ? That if you want this game to continue if not you can close it ..
  • whiteknight-07
    whiteknight-07
    Minor Nuisance
    i come back after 2 mouth in wc and i see new upgrade new level / build wtf ? we don't want this kixeyee wake up :) we want old game when come with friend and buble enemy , repair in few h a platoon not in a day or 12h ...not alot upgrade , were is the fun ? already i see 40k ppl online who more need to delete this game from favorite to you wake up ? That if you want this game to continue if not you can close it ..
    its obvious what happened to other 30k lol bye bye bye bye.... pmsl
  • IwantMyLegionBack
    IwantMyLegionBack
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 254
    Repair times are too high still. Im sure its been said a thousand times... but Im saying it again. My air is still repairing from 1.5 days ago. And it cost over $6 just to repair that. I am not coining $6 just for an air plat. Not counting any ground plats I may have used. 
    R.I.P. Elite Legion. 1 Gold Forevermore.
    I will salute the Legion's death with 1 gold on my account
    in remembrance of it.
  • whiteknight-07
    whiteknight-07
    Minor Nuisance
    Repair times are too high still. Im sure its been said a thousand times... but Im saying it again. My air is still repairing from 1.5 days ago. And it cost over $6 just to repair that. I am not coining $6 just for an air plat. Not counting any ground plats I may have used. 
    dont coin then, its a simple option to coin or not, no one forcing you to coin....
  • IwantMyLegionBack
    IwantMyLegionBack
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 254
    dont coin then, its a simple option to coin or not, no one forcing you to coin....
    You got that right... they sure aint making me.... which is exactly why i mentioned prices being too high IN THIS POST. They want to make the game better.... they want to make more of us coin.... Thats what its gonna take to make me coin repairs. =Make more money. 
    R.I.P. Elite Legion. 1 Gold Forevermore.
    I will salute the Legion's death with 1 gold on my account
    in remembrance of it.
  • Micaiah Stevens
    Micaiah Stevens
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 20 Jul 2016, 6:51PM
    Spending coin in the game is a cost benefit ratio.  The cheaper the coin the more people who will.  The more expensive the more you make per user, but less users who will spend.  Honestly with doubling the prizes of repairing I won't be judiciously repairing my units anymore.
  • Gary_S5622
    Gary_S5622
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 23
    My E-SS has been dead and will not repair since the last maintenance. I tried to submit a support ticket and it defaults to my alt account which does not qualify for support. 19977524 is my main account, (the one I'm having a problem with) 26752335 is my alt account.