Antisubmarine nets for channels and mines for base channels

Grathakar
Grathakar
Incursion Leader
Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 1,162
I for one am tired of seeing the same tired common variants of sub/sub prep hit. Can we please have antisubmarine nets that shut down subs and flak turrets that shut down rockets perhaps each feature can take up 1 spot in a defending fleet hull and 10K tons each. That would be an acceptable penalty to force more rock em sock em surface fleet action which is the way action in a base's shallows SHOULD be.

Yeah yeah I hear the trolls already "QUIT whining, you're pathetic. You have no medals." How about show me some variety and creativity if subs and launch pad rockets are all you have you're even weaker than I am. OK NOW you can troll away or rise to the challenge, your choice.
  • ohh NOO
    ohh NOO
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 720
    my base stops subs just fine,
  • Shiba
    Shiba
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 3,575
    The only sub that I cannot stop ATM ( should be able to soon ) is the tiger launcher prep - followed by a zombie... 
    Sub nets will never happen..  they have said countless times that subs are a valid tactic and you cannot take them out of base like this.  

BUT a good design and an Aegis/Frosty/Proto Hunter and a few others can stop every other sub in the game. 

• sliceNdice
    sliceNdice
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 5,428
    edited 15 Mar 2016, 4:04AM
    I've only been tried once with Antipode Tigers but from my estimations, I am no longer susceptible to sub preps of any sort.

I've got a Gamma that takes a LOT of shockwaves to kill, a Proto Hunter that has thermal that overlaps the Gamma's so a GC can't get through, both of those have higher range than Cobras, and I have plenty of sacrificial turrets out front that will kill any subs that surface out there up to a far range away from any focal point.

MAYBE it's possible that with multiple fleets of Antipode Tigers, but let's be honest, if someone is going to take 4 hits to even have a chance at flattening me, I'm okay with that. I'll just sink their fleets for a month.

I realize this is a much more top-end layout than some players have access to. I'm just saying it's possible.
    Forum Rules
    Got a genuine concern you want to share without toxic trolls? PM me. Don't start a thread that you know will be ruined and closed.
  • Wargod Charles Zengi
    Wargod Charles Zengi
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 423
    SliceNDice, please oh please pm me a copy of your base layout

Attack Me I Will Seek Revenge, Not today Of Course, but much later down the line.

82 Hulls Secured, More To Come.

• sliceNdice
    sliceNdice
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 5,428

Bigger than I wanted but... meh.
    Forum Rules
    Got a genuine concern you want to share without toxic trolls? PM me. Don't start a thread that you know will be ruined and closed.
  • kixeyeuser_1375810824263_12234_28846940
    kixeyeuser_1375810824263_12234_28846940
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 4,914

Bigger than I wanted but... meh.
    DENIED
  • James Burris
    James Burris
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 508
    Have some base turret or some other building that has sonar or thermal so base fleets will not be needed to detect subs.
  • TheDisturbedGod
    TheDisturbedGod
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 238
    Heres a Good design i saw while peeking. while it isnt the best, a few tweaks will have it running strong as one of the best bases to stop subs hits ive seen

• scott_y44
    scott_y44
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 443
    all kixeye needs to do is make a building special called thermal radar . thermal range is 20 can only be put on turrets. or buildings that way it will stop people from using tiger scatter  or a variant but ghost crawlers will still get in
  • Angus_B
    Angus_B
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 976
    "they have said countless times that subs are a valid tactic and you cannot take them out of base like this."  quote from Shiba and if true then why are subs useless in raids lol

• Dredinar
    Dredinar
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 249
    i use battle cruisers at R10. they have a thermal of 75, they can wiegh nearly nothing and target for the mast/rhino. most players ignore hitting these tiny ships too, not realizing the mast/rhino is firing because of it. the battle cruiser is one of the best starter ships in the game. especially because it can use any weapon, even as an anti ship it adds 40% extra accuracy. also was all you needed against scourage, i miss the scourage
  • WallyFleet RETIRED
    WallyFleet RETIRED
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 1,117
    Dredinar said:
    i use battle cruisers at R10. they have a thermal of 75, they can wiegh nearly nothing and target for the mast/rhino. most players ignore hitting these tiny ships too, not realizing the mast/rhino is firing because of it. the battle cruiser is one of the best starter ships in the game. especially because it can use any weapon, even as an anti ship it adds 40% extra accuracy. also was all you needed against scourage, i miss the scourage
    One daisy and your base will be open for business :)
    Goodbye **** game
    I'm leaving you today
    Goodbye,
    Goodbye, all you people
    There's nothing you can say
    To make me change my mind
    Goodbye (inspired by Pink floyd)
  • Dredinar
    Dredinar
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 249
    no one ever hits the BC and depending what armor you have on the BC. you may need two daisys
  • Thunder8412
    Thunder8412
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 2,078
    Grathakar said:
    I for one am tired of seeing the same tired common variants of sub/sub prep hit. Can we please have antisubmarine nets that shut down subs and flak turrets that shut down rockets perhaps each feature can take up 1 spot in a defending fleet hull and 10K tons each. That would be an acceptable penalty to force more rock em sock em surface fleet action which is the way action in a base's shallows SHOULD be.

Yeah yeah I hear the trolls already "QUIT whining, you're pathetic. You have no medals." How about show me some variety and creativity if subs and launch pad rockets are all you have you're even weaker than I am. OK NOW you can troll away or rise to the challenge, your choice.

How about you stop whining, post your base layout and guard, that way someone can help you. If you are getting sub prepped due to layout or guard, you have no-one to blame but yourself, BUT, this is the place to get help. 
    Post a pic of base, pic of base planner and a link to your guard from Huggy.

Be prepared to be called a 'NOOB', be prepared to be ridiculed and criticised. At the end of it, you will have help and a better understanding of what you need. 

D98 suicide preps by 'preferred customers' a little more difficult to stop due to requiring higher end toys, but I doubt anyone will be wasting that on you unless you have been very naughty in PM. 
  • Michael Staten
    Michael Staten
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 426
    there are some things which require you to use the god given brain which was bestowed upon you and crank out that imagination. asking for someone else to do something you are not willing to do in a strat game is crazy. We know you can be creative and maybe you build a surprise sub which  or a ship which can spot subs and put it in your base.
  • jam18
    jam18
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 154
    seems a valid question drac bases have torp towers and gates hell they even had cryo mines in the last event why wouldnt we as pirates take all the tek and ideas when we are plundering
  • DogStar123
    DogStar123
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,627
    I put up a sign at the entrance to my channel which reads "Abandon all hope ye who enter here". It works great!
  • Anoying Orange
    Anoying Orange
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 89

Apparently second base thats hit is his base.
    Top Bands in the last 40 years:
    5 Seconds to plummer
    One erection
    Trolling Stones
    Pink Android
    Mew 2
    All Out Soy
    Bean
  • Seeker1234
    Seeker1234
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 149
    jam18 said:
    seems a valid question drac bases have torp towers and gates hell they even had cryo mines in the last event why wouldnt we as pirates take all the tek and ideas when we are plundering
    Yeah I'm getting quite bored with the cowardly sub attacks on bases. It's really lame. Shows that a person has more money than brains. I don't even watch my replays if it was a sub with scatterguns that hit my base. Gimme a good  "rock em sock em surface fleet action" any day.

Yes I know, get a Frosty or something with decent thermal range in my base guard, but oh, it can be killed with rockets, so what good is it then?

I agree, give us the Drac anti-sub tech for our bases as well.
    To the last, I grapple with thee. From hell's heart, I stab at thee. For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee.....
  • RABBIT1
    RABBIT1
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,192
    I would love to have some torp towers like the Dracs have (with the same range), I also like the idea of a sonar special (with good range) that could be slotted onto buildings.
    What me cynical, no, never, maybe!!, well I have been playing kix games for over 3 years.
    Remember its just a game, your life doesn't rely on you being the best.
    Sectors visited :- Who cares, been to some killed some stuff moved on.
    Hulls :- Yep got some and some have guns and stuff
  • Tony_A59
    Tony_A59
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2015 Posts: 9
    well Kixeye stopped giving us sonar ships at all and made the GC fairly easy to get, plus new subs they gave could all have surface weapons so they created this new type of warfare
  • CoolhandLueck
    CoolhandLueck
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 315
    jam18 said:
    Yeah I'm getting quite bored with the cowardly sub attacks on bases. It's really lame. Shows that a person has more money than brains. I don't even watch my replays if it was a sub with scatterguns that hit my base. Gimme a good  "rock em sock em surface fleet action" any day.

Yes I know, get a Frosty or something with decent thermal range in my base guard, but oh, it can be killed with rockets, so what good is it then?

I agree, give us the Drac anti-sub tech for our bases as well.
    There are plenty of ways for subs to get into bases.  I use a Valkyrie with nearly 30K health and 80% explosive resist to stop the rocket attacks.  They are going to waste alot of rockets to sink it..  It just does not have the Thermal range of some of the other ships.  95% of the people who come into my base with subs, don't even bother trying the base.  Subs can be stopped for the most part.  It is a simple matter of putting in the effort to change your base guard to something more effective.  Building a guard fleet just to stop surface fleets is a failure to adapt to the changing roles of ships as the game progresses. I do admit that the downfall to this heavy build is the nearly 24 hours of repair time it takes for the guard fleet to repair.  I get 12 hour bubbles all the time from people who fail to look at my guard for what it is.  But this usually costs me 18 hours in Guard fleet repair.  That is the only issue that I currently see with BP that is a major bummer right now.
  • BLOODDRAGON12
    BLOODDRAGON12
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 238
    Grathakar said:

I get hit with subs & it is part of the game, using subs is a SKILL to sneak in a base learn how to take out part of the base without bubbling  
    & to be able to finish with regular fleets. problem Now is everyone want a Smash up game & some of the Older players like to use this Method ( using subs ) problem is most of the 1s crying about subs are the 1s that are Candy **** & don't know how to build a base. I admit I like people to give a challange & if they use subs Its  all good Good.