Should D5E evade armor get a siege and assault deflection

HowHigh
HowHigh
Strike-force Captain
Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 967
edited 13 Mar 2016, 8:12AM
Much like the current D5M and future D5C, D5X... perhaps the old skool D5E could be rebalanced to match the current armors at the same weight. Evades slowly losing its edge :(

Should D5E evade armor get a siege and assault deflection 102 votes

Yes please put siege and assault deflection on D5E
57%
KalJerichoCap'n DeadpoolKay BrimblecombeMatthew William AustinJosh1Ripper TLOASFiremanHawkbeel78TheDisturbedGodjefflynn333animaulCAPT_KNUTSACKcobra baseBIGBEARD302Visitor77jj.berendrechtiwona.esser.1GrathakarInternet Knight Sec 77UNspacecommand 59 votes
No D5E is fine as it is
25%
Butter250hitmanbortmichaelg21kendall22TallGiraffeJason EnsingerSnickerBPfilmbryan1Cathedral_RockThe KozzieRuube1Kaptin UgroshBeelzebubblejack.smith.1044TonyLaTigerSandy.dkDuckyyyJason.Lassiterxwolf1 26 votes
I never have and never would use evade armor even with deflection
0%
elroboto2010 1 vote
Evade is a thing of the past
4%
Fn_ReG_Rubber_DuckyGigi TchanturidzeAugust StrindbergKeith_W048CptCoyote 5 votes
Bacon wrapped bacon with bacon on the side.
7%
Dennis Towertrojan66stewcal530Chris Mears2wheeledboaturkidingtegetthoffxHydrax 8 votes
Other ?
2%
Snakegoeshisssssscarl.wear.3Maeda Atsuko 3 votes
  • trojan66
    trojan66
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2011 Posts: 3,252
    I think it is fine as it is. evade is being phased out to an extent but in much of the game evade is still a much better damage mitigator than the deflection armor at this time. The deflection armors are quite nice, but still with bypass and the growing trend towards higher damage it is only effective on hulls that already have deflection
    :)
  • Maeda Atsuko
    Maeda Atsuko
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 928
    Other ?

maybe next raid will come D6E 10 evade 20 **** sie deflection

• HowHigh
    HowHigh
    Strike-force Captain
    High Five (hot tub time machine 2) 

• Snakegoeshissssss
    Snakegoeshissssss
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 27
    Other ?
    I like the idea of adding deflection to D5-E but I would much rather have them reduce the build time. 
  • carl.wear.3
    carl.wear.3
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 6,245
    Other ?
    It would be nice if all armour had deflection. maybe scale it for the different levels?  D2* has 5 assault and siege deflection, the d3* has10, D4* has 15 and D5* has 20.
  • Duckyyy
    Duckyyy
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 1,953
    No D5E is fine as it is
    Fine as it is so i'd leave it. If you want deflection, then win something that has it already.
  • beel78
    beel78
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 8,189
    I'm going to make a guess that eventually all the main stream armors will get a deflection stat.  I wouldn't be surprised to see specials thrown in there as well.  Think of plat armor with a deflection stat.
  • hitman
    hitman
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,987
    No D5E is fine as it is
    It doesn't make sense for D5E to have a deflection stat - the whole point of the armour is to Evade the incoming damage.  It does make sense for all Resistance armours to eventually give deflection, but not evade (don't get me wrong i would like it but it wouldn't be balanced or be a logical progression of the tech tree)
    Blackwater pirate, started in sec 95, been pretty much everywhere since then
  • HowHigh
    HowHigh
    Strike-force Captain
    Thank you all for your perspectives 
  • Jason Ensinger
    Jason Ensinger
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 4,148
    No D5E is fine as it is
    D5-E armor is designed to avoid damage altogether whereas D5-M, X and C are designed to reduce damage taken. Adding it to D5-U would make sense.

I've been hoping for a new version of Bulkhead armor which comes with 100+ assault and siege deflection, but wouldn't be against a rebalance just adding it to the Bulkheads. I saw a thread showing Bomber UAVs doing practically no damage to the Reaver Mothership in an 85 RAF not too long ago. Maybe Kixeye is already experimenting with a deflection version of the Reaver Bulkheads.
  • Cathedral_Rock
    Cathedral_Rock
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 8,604
    No D5E is fine as it is
    evade and deflection together is too much in a single mounting and would take too much ingenuity out of the game.  Even though you want an easy way out, you can't have everything.  
  • TonyLaTiger
    TonyLaTiger
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 333
    No D5E is fine as it is
    evade and deflection together is too much in a single mounting and would take too much ingenuity out of the game.  Even though you want an easy way out, you can't have everything.  
    Probably best said. My real comment is suggesting new armors that have assault and siege deflection as their bonuses. Ty
  • Cathedral_Rock
    Cathedral_Rock
    Unicorn Overlord
    No D5E is fine as it is
    Probably best said. My real comment is suggesting new armors that have assault and siege deflection as their bonuses. Ty
    but - don't we have that already in D5-M?

• filmbryan1
    filmbryan1
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 5,843
    No D5E is fine as it is
    This seems like a thinly veiled post for people that are pissed they put D5E on everything and now it's not effective.
    You will only receive my scorn from this point forward
  • CaptainsStingray
    CaptainsStingray
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 540
    you cannot  give a bp attributes that didnt came out after the bp
    Listen Linda Listen...
  • TonyLaTiger
    TonyLaTiger
    Skilled Warrior
    No D5E is fine as it is

I wasn't aware of any armor like that. I can't identify armor by their full names, so I don't know. If there is, I need to get it.
  • TonyLaTiger
    TonyLaTiger
    Skilled Warrior
    No D5E is fine as it is

I wasn't aware of any armor like that. I can't identify armor by their full names, so I don't know. If there is, I need to get it.
    oh ho ho, so we do. It seems awfully big though. now I suggest more varients, like 40 assault and no siege or vise versa. What I really want to see is some middle weight deflection armors, instead of only one armor that takes a day and a half to put on and adds 22 mins to repair
  • Cathedral_Rock
    Cathedral_Rock
    Unicorn Overlord
    No D5E is fine as it is

• trojan66
    trojan66
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2011 Posts: 3,252
    I think it would be cool to introduce an armor where its only bonus was deflection, something with armor points around a D5 or streamlined cadmium area but no bonus stats other than a significantly higher deflection bonus like 50-75 assault/ Siege deflection enough to make it worth using in instances where you already have very high evade/ resistances where adding something that added resistance or evade had low enough diminishing returns to justify an armor with no other bonuses besides deflection.
    :)